tuscl

Will lap dance prices keep rising?

GoddessZora
Can work a pole 😘😉
Please, what is going on hahahah. Are clubs not making girls have set prices or are they just up charging everything now? Since when is a lap dance $40-$45 in RI or MA?

It’s beyond disappointing hearing that so many of you are getting swindled lol

45 comments

• ClubFan81077
    •
    3 days ago
    I have mixed feelings about rising dance prices.

From a customer perspective, it can be a bit frustrating seeing some crazy high prices, like $50 for a 3 minute song, sometimes with no quantity discounts available! Or a half hour VIP starting at $400 or more. I sometimes wonder if dancers are actually getting hurt by prices being TOO high in some cases, where the number of dances sold drops by an amount that is not offset by the increased price per dance?

On the other hand, everything is more expensive now! And dancers have expenses just like the rest of us do, so if a club is keeping dance prices too low, that doesn't seem fair to the dancer...

My favorite scenario is when a dancer can set her own prices, either officially or unofficially, for both VIP and individual dances. Then, if the dancer and customer like and respect each other, it's usually pretty easy to figure out something that works out great for both.

Of course, some clubs will nickel and dime the living shit out of both customers and dancers, which I find extremely frustrating. If I give a girl $600 in a club, and she only ultimately gets to keep $300 to $350 of that, that doesn't sit well with me. I really want a dancer to be able to keep at least about 80% of what I give them...
  • Icey
    •
    3 days ago
    Strip clubs are pricing themselves out of business. Nightlife depends on peoples disposable income. And most have very little now. Trying to rip off customers instead of going for customer volume is making everything go downhill as is.
  • Icey
    •
    3 days ago
    Its also like a war between clubs and dancers. High cover charges. Making dancers push hookah and bottle service. Drinks. All mean less money for dancers.

A customer can spend $100 plus just getting in the door. Another $30 for drink minimums. Then dancers trying to charge double the dance prices... And then they sit on their phones bitching about customers being broke. While management wonders why the club is empty.
  • GoddessZora
    •
    3 days ago
    @ClubFan81700: I DO agree with that last part! It seems like clubs are taking more and more. It’s great when you can find a Dancer who is also comfortable and HONEST about her rates. At the club or OTC
  • GoddessZora
    •
    3 days ago
    @Icey: I hate having my phone on the floor! Not only do you look bored, but why would a customer want to approach any dancer who doesn’t seem happy to be at work?
  • ClubFan81077
    •
    3 days ago
    @Zora I do wonder if there will come a point where some clubs have to either think about accepting some lower profit margins, or possibly encounter much greater difficulty keeping dancers, customers, or both?

But since inflation is a real thing for everyone, including dancers, if the amount that a dancer can net from giving dances doesn't keep rising over time, well, then a certain body part probably won't keep rising in the future either...haha
  • misterorange
    •
    3 days ago
    Yesterday I paid $37 for a surprisingly small roast beef sandwich on a round roll, some Cole slaw, and mushroom soup. Put $3 in the tip jar so all in $40 bucks.

Will dance prices keep rising? Yes, I think so.
  • Meshuggah
    •
    3 days ago
    How much is the club taking? some clubs with no house fee take 50% of the lap dance fee. (see Golden Banana Peabody)
  • ww
    •
    3 days ago
    As long as folks are willing to pay more, the price will keep going up.

That’s how it has always worked.

Thankfully, prices are reasonable in Atlanta, so I just keep all my business there.
  • shadowcat
    •
    3 days ago
    ww is right. I knew a dancer that worked at Follies where dances were $10. She lived in Tampa and worked at OZ in Clearwater where dances were $30but when she visited Atlanta to see family, she worked at Follies. She told me she made more money at Follies by selling volume.
  • skibum609
    •
    3 days ago
    When lap dances were $20 in Providence and $10 at the Inner Room in Florida, the dancers at the Inner Room made more.
  • blahblahblahs
    •
    3 days ago
    @ClubFan81077 -- Hard disagree. Dancers setting their own prices for dances is a terrible experience for customers. It makes buying a lap dance similar to the car buying experience: a shit one.

In terms of clubs continuing to raise prices: the cheaper per song clubs near me are much busier than the expensive fixed price and set-your-own price ones based on TUSCL reviews and my annual checkup on the shit clubs. I can easily see the better priced clubs that haven't already raised prices going up a bit, but I can also see the more expensive clubs walking it back.

Inflation is no longe rampantly out of control, and some other forms of expensive entertainment are actually falling in price, so who knows.
  • ClubFan81077
    •
    3 days ago
    @blah Girls setting their own prices has NOT been a terrible experience for me, nor have my car buying experiences. I've had really positive experiences with both. I don't claim that others will have the same experiences as me, but I know what has worked well for me. The world is full of examples where people have vastly different experiences attempting to do something. Your experiences are valid, but so are mine. :)
  • PAWG_Patrol
    •
    3 days ago
    I've expressed my concerns about the 3/$100 becoming the club standard going rate: https://tuscl.net/discussion/85993
  • Icey
    •
    3 days ago
    @goddesszora the problem with girls is a few will work the room. Not make much. Then tell others to not bother coz everyones broke. So they just sit there.

These are just bitter bitches who dont want anyone making money if they dont. A guy not spending on them doesnt mean he won't spend on someone else. Girls need to realize the only real money in the club is what they have in their pocket and theyre there to hustle. Not for drama and high school politics
  • From978
    •
    3 days ago
    There's a perverse incentive in the club's cut of the price. Switching from $5 to $10 per dance doubles the club's cash. As long as volume falls by less than 49%, the club is better off, and dancers are worse off. There are offsetting changes: dancers can absorb some or all of the difference, customers can switch to 15 minute deals, but no matter how you slice it, there's a fundamental conflict between what's good for dancers and what's good for the club.
  • skibum609
    •
    3 days ago
    As a business owner I have always found that sharing the good with employees makes for a better business for all of us. Looking at employees as the enemy, or opponent, means you failed at running a business.
    Dancers setting their own prices is why I have spent $50 at the Cadillac Lounge lifetime and 50 million at Desires.
  • TCabot
    •
    3 days ago
    Tell me about it. Paper Moon sells $150 for 10 minutes as the cheapest private dance. $150!! When I pay that I think of everything else I could do with that money.

Best part? The dancer only gets half of that. So, $75. She and I are both getting the short end of the stick.
  • WOODDR2
    •
    3 days ago
    WW and Shadow are correct, market price is whatever the market will bear.

Luckily here in Southern California, LA area, for the most part I would say 85-90% of the clubs have not raised pricing on dances since pre-covid. Mainly due to lots of competition. The only couple clubs I know the raised prices are Bare Elegance and DV North Hollywood.

I was in Phoenix a couple weeks ago and Bourbon Street is still at $20 per dance and the songs are not cut short.
  • ilbbaicnl
    •
    3 days ago
    I think maybe part of it is that it's becoming less common that PLs go to the club alone. Those who go alone probably spend more on dances. Those who go with friends probably spend a higher proportion on drinks. So increasing the cost of one dance by $5 - 10 dollars is not as big an issue to them.
  • TCabot
    •
    3 days ago
    Also I can’t tell you how often dancers sit on their phone and don’t bother to hustle. Part of the reason I’m there is so they approach me. Not vice versa. If they even bothered to approach there’s a good shot they’d make a sale.
  • blahblahblahs
    •
    3 days ago
    I had been thinking of making this its own thread or even an article, but I'll at least preview here. I visited a downtown club after a work dinner on Monday. This particular club basically has no competition within an hour's travel for good dances on Mondays due to the better suburban clubs being closed and its neighbor only offering air dances unless you spend huge $$ on a room. The club has fixed pricing at $30/song which is pretty much inline with the majority of clubs within an hour and a half (some cheaper and some more expensive, but most at $30 after two recently went from $25 to $30).

They had five dancers working and 15-20 customers. One dancer never left the side of the customer she was with, so I imagine she did fine on the night. Two of the others said they were charging $50 a song or $650-700 for a half hour. Another (who never even took her top off on stage, and I imagine is generally uncomfortable with her job) said "30 a song, but $20 top per song for touching." All three were attractive enough, but between them they sold a single song and zero rooms in the 90 minutes I was in the club. The final dancer seemed really buzzed, but she only charged $30 a song. I passed on her due to how high she seemed, but she did manage to sell several dances. This isn't a stage oriented club and drinks are way above normal bar prices here; so people were there to buy dances. This is about as clear a market failure as one can directly observe.
  • Icey
    •
    2 days ago
    You can approach a girl on her phone. Its not a big deal
  • Puddy Tat
    •
    2 days ago
    ^ Usually women you approach who are on their phone will give dances like they'd rather be playing Candy Crush.
  • TCabot
    •
    2 days ago
    Icey - they are the ones there who need to make the money. Not me. They should approach as that’s how they make a pay check. Many guys go to the club for the role reversal where it’s women who approach rather than vice versa.
  • GoddessZora
    •
    2 days ago
    Love love loveee the feedback on this!

Thanks, everyone!
  • sfrsox
    •
    2 days ago
    Icey, I often disagree with you, but you are 100% correct here. BBS (bitter bitch syndrome) needs to end.
  • skibum609
    •
    2 days ago
    With $150.00 rooms at Desires; $20.00 nude dances at the boardroom and $10.00 dances near skiing in Maine things are ok around here.
  • sfrsox
    •
    2 days ago
    Where are the $10 Maine dances? 2 way contact?
  • sfrsox
    •
    2 days ago
    Idk that place is open 3 days a week only and not before 8pm and dances are $20 if you have one (10 every time you go in) and 10 cover

Meh

But thanks and thanks skibum
  • grrlgonebad
    •
    2 days ago
    >Where are the $10 Maine dances? 2 way contact?

Well, you should probably ask your cousin if she's good with that first...

>A customer can spend $100 plus just getting in the door. Another $30 for drink minimums. Then dancers trying to charge double the dance prices... And then they sit on their phones bitching about customers being broke. While management wonders why the club is empty.

Hey, I agree with Icey! Wait... how many of you say that on a regular basis????
  • skibum609
    •
    2 days ago
    I am amazed people find a way to bitch about $10.00 dances. They are 2-way contact. They can be done on the floor, if the extra $10.00 for the lap dance room (who gets one fricken dance) means no food for 4 days. Its open 3 days a week because about 35,000 people live in an area the size of Delaware and they barely get 40 - 80 customers on a Saturday. Its within an hour of two ski areas at which I have a pass. Most ski areas have nothing.
    Kind of funny that there are cheap options in this area, given the cost of living, but hey Massachusetts is the smartest state, so it makes sense.
  • blahblahblahs
    •
    2 days ago
    ^^ Don't throw shade at those dancers. A lot of them moved to that area by choice.

^ Skibum has nailed it.
  • Icey
    •
    2 days ago
    Tcabot...i disagree. You should approach the girl you want a dance from. Sitting there waiting and getting upset youre not approached is inane.

Grlgonebad... Wtf is that? Only ones against me on here are the trolls and alt right extremists
  • Mate27
    •
    2 days ago
    ^ don’t forget the normal dudes who just want to go to a club for entertainment, and not be lectured the way they’re having fun is rong.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    •
    2 days ago
    Well, the prices certainly won't go down. So, up is the only other direction.

I have no problem with approaching a dancer, but if I do that then I want to chat a bit to get a read on her attitude. Some really good dancers take breaks on the floor. But if the dancer is low energy, sullen, or all business, then I'll take a pass.
  • funonthaside
    •
    a day ago
    They will continue to rise only to the extent that PLe pay the inflated prices.

I'm not afraid to explicitly tell a dancer that the reason I don't get dances at club X is because I can get equivalent/better dances elsewhere for less, which is generally followed by "ewww...that's too low", "those girls must be skanks / but they aren't as good looking as me", "but mine are worth the extra price", etc.

At some point, girls will move to clubs where they can get more dances / make more money &/or customers stop going to the club, and prices will come down or they will close the doors.

As far as inflation being used as rationalization for a guy agreeing to pay more, we also have inflationary pressures on us, and higher costs of goods and services.

Unless you hand over cash to your local supermarket cashier because you feel her 2% wage increase is inadequate, it's not logical to feel bad for a stripper's income rising more slowly than her costs, and pay more as a result.

I agree that clubs are likely being hit harder by inflation moreso than dancers. Dancers can increase their income by simply increasing their value proposition, so they have more options.

You want more money, sweetie pie? Step up your game. Give me a reason to pay $40 for a dance.

• skibum609
    •
    a day ago
    When I started goingto Desires 20 years ago dances were $20.00 and at the very beginning dancers could do 2/1. There were no rooms and no nude dances. Now dances are $25.00, in private, $35.00 nude and the CR is $150.00. Topless dances have literally gone up 25% in 20 years, but have more privacy. Great deal imo.
  • blahblahblahs
    •
    a day ago
    That's about the same increase in price as a movie tickets or a mid-range beer (e.g. Sam Adams or Sierra Nevada) over that time. Perhaps a better comparison is what's happened to other big ticket entertainment? Local scalped MLB and NHL tickets are much cheaper now than they were in 2019, but I don't know how well that generalizes to other markets.
  • skibum609
    •
    a day ago
    ^ Gas prices have gone up more since 2004 than lap dances around here.
  • ggofv
    •
    a day ago
    @ Clubfan81077, Club prices will continue to increase if the owner thinks he can afford to raise them. Increased prices lead to less patrons, and it's always been that way. I don't think owners care because they switched their tactic from keeping volume to keeping whales happy. Prices have to have an invisible ceiling (or a point where they can no longer keep clientele). Higher prices leads to less dancers. I should know because a lot of my old favorites have either stopped dancing or come in way less according to the DJs.

I'm not calling you all whales, but some of you guys are to blame. Multiple months of nearly empty nights is the only thing that will hurt owners enough to cave in.
  • ggofv
    •
    a day ago
    @ funonthaside,

I'm not afraid to explicitly tell a dancer that the reason I don't get dances at club X is because I can get equivalent/better dances elsewhere for less, which is generally followed by "ewww...that's too low", "those girls must be skanks / but they aren't as good looking as me", "but mine are worth the extra price", etc.

This is classic golden pussy syndrome. My dances are more expensive and therefore better. What I've learned over the past 6 years is more money DOES NOT mean better service. Eagerness or at least the facade of it leads to better service. Some of the hottest chicks I've met in the club give mediocre dances at best. And what is with chicks afraid of an erection in your pants, that's literally your job ma'am.

It's tough to feel girls out though, that's why asking about dances before you go in is the best method.
  • ggofv
    •
    a day ago
    @ Clubfan81077, Dancers setting there own prices has a negative effect on both the customers and dancers. The dancers will begin sniping each other out business for multiple reasons: jealousy due to not being able to compete since a 9 or higher can always get away with asking for more, undercutting because is Jessica is charging 120 to catch the cheap guys why can't Candy go for 100, the possibility of creating ROBs, etc.

There are only so many customers any given day, and now we have to possibly pay more than what a fixed rate would be because the dancers who tend to thrive in "create your price" markets tend to be ROBs and scammers. Dark side of Capitalism.

It could work, but only if the dancers are reasonable and the club doesn't try to take almost half.
  • ggofv
    •
    a day ago
    @ skibum, Yeah I wish Huntsville would convert to an Atlanta model (nude will never work here, im referring to prices).

$10 per dance means I would be SPENDING MORE over the course of the year. In Huntsville, Alabama it's basically 30 per song. the 15 minute room is 150. The dancers get to keep 2/3 of the price. This discourages getting multiple dances.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion