tuscl

How long with your ATF?

gk
Florida
How long have you had the same ATF? I had one for 10 years. She's no longer in the business. I have another one at a different club who's been special for me for some 7 years now.

14 comments

• ozymandias
    16 years ago
    Usually by the time a dancer becomes an ATF, I'm ready for something new.

So not very long - couple of months maybe?

O.
  • FONDL
    16 years ago
    I've known my ATF for nearly 11 years. She quit dancing about 9 years ago and has since become my closest friend. She more or less adopted me as her family (she actually introduces my wife and I as her partents sometimes) because her own family is so screwed up.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    My ATF has been around for about 8 years. We have common friends outside the SC scene, but no one else knows about that part but us.
  • Dudester
    16 years ago
    I was with Kat for three years before she suddenly took a powder. I've been with my present ATF for a year, although things between us have cooled (she quit drinking).
  • ozymandias
    16 years ago
    Yeah, sober strippers are kind of pointless ;)

O.
  • imnumnutz
    16 years ago
    My ATF quit dancing 2 months ago, she may at some time go back, but we will see. She just came over last night and cooked a dinner for us that was dee-lish.

How much longer with her? We still enjoy doing shit together, but who knows. She could call me tomorrow and say she met Mr. Right. It's like everything else in life: Day to Day.
  • SuperDude
    16 years ago
    No longer than six months.
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    As long as it stays fun. 6 months sounds about right for dancers you only know in the club, now if you're talking something more and she's good, then it could be longer. However I typically like to avoid making the dancer seem to think we are suddenly boyfriend and girlfriend just because we hooked up and had some fun. However what I think isn't always the same thing as the dancer thinks. When a dancer starts talking about a future life with you, it's usually past time to find another. You only wanted to have a little bit of fun, she's gone way past that in her thinking. I don't know if that happens much though.
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    Some ATF's can by like yoyo's. You think they are gone but they keep coming back after disappearing for a while. If they are gone long enough (years) I may have forgotten all about them and won't remember unless they tell me.
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    I'm broadly interpreting ATF's as #1 or #2 favorites instead of a single all time favorite.
  • David9999
    16 years ago
    Defining an ATF in the mildest sense as only a strong regular, supposedly the industry average is only about 3 to 6 months - which is the reason why dancers (who cannot handle the constant rejection) that are not willing or able to do "wanna dance" approach - not only miss the random customers, but they fail to replenish strong reg/AFT types
  • gk
    16 years ago
    Some observations, it sems that those of us who have been with an ATF for many years truly have a relationship with them to one extent or another. And yes, we have many common interests.

David9999 mentioned the "wanna dance" types. I truly believe these girls either don't know how to flirt or are simply lazy. There are countless ways to start some interaction w/o resorting to the 'wanna dance" approach.

O talked talked about moving on when things start getting to ATF status-well that's when club hopping comes into play for me. Because I have to admit I like strippers, but I treat my ATFs different than "ordinary" strippers. Basically I like loyalty and think it should be rewarded.
  • BaddJack
    16 years ago
    I have only had one, back in the mid-80s in Kansas City. She was my ATF for maybe a year. I quit drinking (lucky that I gave up sobriety later) and by the time I went back, she was gone. Cricket: are you out there anywhere?
  • DandyDan
    16 years ago
    For me, it was off and on for 8 years, but I haven't seen or heard from her in 3. The club she worked at the most, or at least the one I associate with her, has since closed up, so I have no way of knowing if she's around unless she just magically turns up at the club I'm in that night. But it wouldn't surprise me if she has gotten out of the business altogether.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion