tuscl

Grand opening of O Atlanta.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Wednesday, June 12, 2024 1:06 PM
I'm confused. This was supposed to be a replacement for Oasis Goodtime Emporium But now according to their IG post it looks like another reopening of Follies on June 21. It is hosted by Jimi Brown an ex Follies manager, Dan & Byron both Follies bouncers, Fire a Follies bar tender and Courtney who got fired from Vivide but was former Follies staff. The ad says " Come see our swanky new home @ 2284 Cheshire Bridge Road… not far from our beloved Buford highway 😉" Follies was on Buford not Oasis. Incidentally both Vivide and O Atlanta buildings are owned by the same old white woman that owns 5 or 6 Atlanta strip clubs.

6 comments

• wallanon
    6 days ago
    Perhaps that's an event for a certain VIP to make a special guest appearance?
  • jmiddle30234
    6 days ago
    Man a return of the old follies would be a welcome change
  • doctorevil
    6 days ago
    I've been there a few times and talked to staff, both day and night. It's Follies staff for dayshift, Oasis staff at night. Kind of like the "Folllies Day Shift" setup at V, although I don't think they call it that anymore.
  • goldmongerATL
    6 days ago
    If they turn the couches to face the wall we will know for sure.
  • bubba267
    6 days ago
    I've seen some of the posts you've referenced. It seems like they miss the point of building buzz about the "new" club. I submit many of us are hoping to see the quality of dancers look more like the old Oasis, Mardi Gras or Follies rather than caring that they have the "gang back together " Do we care that Jimi Brown will be the host? What does that even mean? I know I sound pessimistic but I'll give it a try. Hopefully they will recreate a quality day shift experience.
  • goldmongerATL
    6 days ago
    Bubba makes a good point. It is like they are marketing to other club workers and dancers. 99% of customers have no idea who ANY of their insider references are. Maybe that IS the target audience-- trying to hire dancers and staff.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion