tuscl

Should we have a ghetto rating for reviews?

Wednesday, April 19, 2023 6:50 AM
You know from 1 to 10. 1 being safe, could sleep in the parking lot and 10 being dangerous as fuck don't go without a tank. Maybe instead of numbers we could use locations to get the point across say on a scale of Vermont to South Central.

17 comments

• Brahma2k
    a year ago
    Good thought but it’ll be based on each individual reviewer? I foresee that as very likely inaccurate. Better: neighborhood crime stats website. Plug in the address, here’s the crime rating for that neighborhood, add it to the club page.
  • motorhead
    a year ago
    Sure. Good idea
  • shailynn
    a year ago
    That would be the new “Muddy” scale. Can Muddy sleep in the parking lot or does he need to travel “X” amount of miles down the road to the nearest Walmart parking lot.
  • funonthaside
    a year ago
    Safety and ghetto beds are mostly subjective. There are burbs guys who won't cross into a city or go into a club where people are wearing anything other than expensive suits, and there are some guys who will ho anywhere and not have any fears.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    a year ago
    I suspect that this thread is posted in jest. Setting that aside, I'd say 'no', it's a bad idea. The reviews are already inherently subjective. Adding the question "Did you feel safe?" would inject more of that. Also, right now especially the topic of crime is very much wrapped up in politics. And there's plenty of that on TUSCL already. I'd prefer to keep the reviews walled off (as much as possible) from politics and culture wars, etc. I'll also note that when customers go to a club and don't feel safe for some reason, they're usually pretty quick to point it out in their review.
  • Tetradon
    a year ago
    I think the neighborhood and safety are pretty well covered. No need for a rating scale for it. If we added a rating scale, I'd want one for the "hustle factor." 1 = you'll almost never get approached, and if you will, they'll have a long ass conversation before asking you for dances. 10 = they'll pounce on you like a tiger on a steak, and practically drag you to the back room.
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    I think Muddy could get “The My Pillow Guy” Mike Lindel to sponsor a new category of sleeping accessories, geared towards those guys trying to save money by sleeping in old beater cars
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    I'd say "no". Natural selection is an important process for weeding out the weaker PL competition.
  • Dolfan
    a year ago
    I'm not in favor of it, but if you mean safety call it safety not ghetto. I'm not trying to be PC or anything, but I consider ghettoness more of a vibe thing than a safety thing, I can feel perfectly safe in a ghetto club and unsafe in a mid-tier to upscale place. The ratings are fucked anyway. They aren't even used consistently across the site. When you're submitting a review it asks about people, but then in the top 40 it calls that same value dancers.
  • docsavage
    a year ago
    A strip club can be in a bad neighborhood but is safe because it has good security. The opposite is true too. I used to go to a club I always felt unsafe at because there was no security at all on the premises. There would be a female bartender and five or six female strippers. One time four of the strippers got together and beat up an old drunk guy who tried to walk out without paying for a lap dance. You shouldn't have to rely on the strippers to deal with something like that. What if it is some big burly guy instead? What if a fight breaks out between multiple male customers? What if someone has brought a gun into the club because no one was at the door checking for weapons?
  • Specialj
    a year ago
    If anything I would vote for a less complicated 1-10 scale on overall opinion of the club, while keeping in tact all the prerequisites for review approval.
  • Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    Kinda hard to capture a club's nuances in a single-score - a well-written review should describe the pros and cons of a club and capture its M.O.
  • Mike Rotch
    a year ago
    Yea I'm not sure it would work. One of my favorite clubs would be considered "ghetto" by most but yet I've always felt safe whenever I visit. There is almost a sense of family or community that a lot of fancy upscale strip clubs lack. Those clubs feel cold, like you could get stabbed in the parking lot and everyone would just walk by you and leave you to bleed out. In the end, no one is truly safe from some unfortunate event happening and it doesn't really matter where you are. You could be in your own house and something bad happens.
  • Cookiesandcream
    a year ago
    I wouldn't mind a safety score instead of a Ghetto score. I can see why for some it might be subjective but literally everything is. It's mainly to weed out those locations that you DONT want to visit at any point. SC'ng isnt a pretty business and I know the locations to avoid around my area but those visiting won't. It might or might not show on the review.
  • Dolfan
    a year ago
    I just saw this on Instagram and I'm not sure if maybe I wasn't too quick to say we don't need a Ghetto rating for clubs. [view link]
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    ^ what club is that for The old Emporors in Riviera Beach?
  • orionsmith
    a year ago
    You mean like I felt safe since it has been 9 months since there was a shooting in the parking lot but I didn't see anything?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion