tuscl

Liquor, Girls and OTC

DougS
Florida
Friday, February 15, 2008 4:54 PM
Okay... I need some inspiration here. I've got an OTC friend that likes to drink, and I know when she drinks that things get more interesting.. I'm not a big drinker - I definitely hold my liquor well, I just don't drink that much, and because of that I'm not that familiar with what's available. She likes the Goldschlager, which is alright, but not something I particularly like. When I say she "likes" it, I guess I mean she drinks it... she STILL makes the craziest faces after taking a shot (cracks me up). My thought is, if it was something that she liked better, she'd probably drink more... and ... well... (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) I've bought some good stuff... last time, I bought some Remy Martin Cognac V.S.O.P - pretty high quality stuff, which I liked, but she barely was able to get it down. I've also got some Crown, which she doesn't like... Barcardi... doesn't like.. Patron.. she REALLY didn't like. To me, all of those choices go down easier than her Goldschlager. Soo... does anyone have any suggestion of what I might try the next time... something that she might like... might not burn so much going down... price doesn't matter...

28 comments

• trojangreg
    16 years ago
    Shots of chilled Grey Goose. Put in freezer (won't freeze because of the alcohol content) goes down smooth as silk with little or no after taste. Can use lemon or lime twists if she likes.
  • frenchiexu
    16 years ago
    Maybe try going for mixed drinks. I have heard Stirrings makes some good mixers for martinis. I guess the downside is she won't be able to drink as much as fast.
  • godfatherstill
    16 years ago
    Bailey's
  • DougS
    16 years ago
    Bailey's ...isn't that more of a drink to mix with? Is it very strong? Wouldn't I feel like a wuss drinkin' it? [grin]
  • godfatherstill
    16 years ago
    I am a Tequila shooter myself so yes guys like us might feel like a wuss drinking it but she might really dig it. You can mix with it but you can also drink Baileys over ice and it makes a pretty tasty drink. Not real strong but strong enough. Go to [view link] for more information.
  • godfatherstill
    16 years ago
    Just checked, Baileys is 17% alcohol so a little stronger than a say a nice bottle of Zinfandel, another good choice for the ladies (IMO) especially during cold weather.
  • FONDL
    16 years ago
    Why not just get her what she likes (Goldschlager) and get you what you like? You don't both have to drink the same thing. Young women typically like something sweet and you probably don't. Or get a couple bottles of champagne - girls like that and it makes for a festive occasion. And some fresh strawberries. And don't forget to bring a couple of nice champagne flutes. A candle - one of those ones in a jar - would also be a nice touch. It'll all fit in a small cooler. With champagne she'll get tipsy without getting hammered, which sounds like what you want.
  • DougS
    16 years ago
    Alll good ideas... thanks guys!!! Yeah... maybe a little tipsy, but not enough that she doesn't know what she's doin'... I not wantin' to take advantage or anything... just enough to relax, forget about problems and hopefully ennnnjoy..
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    DougS, You really dated yourself (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more, SAY NO MORE)!
  • lotsoffun201
    16 years ago
    If she like Goldschlager....try this mix it with Baileys Irish Cream. It is called an Oatmeal cookie, and tastes just like one. They are served in 70:30 mixtures with Goldshchlager being about 70% of the mix. Serve it over ice shaken up in a shaker. They look good in martini glasses. No I'm not a bartender, but they really do tast great (until you stand up) LOL
  • harrydave
    16 years ago
    OK, I have had this same experience many times. My GF is like that. I drink straight Bourbon, and she drinks sweet stuff. Here are some suggestions: 1) Appletini (apple flavored vodka martini) 2) Lemon Drop (lemon flavored martini) 3) German Chocolate Cake (made with Frangelico, I think, actually tastes like its name) 4) Cosmo or Mandarin Cosmo (maybe, ask for a weak one to start) 5) Long Island Iced Tea or Long Beach (will get her hammered if she likes em) Here's mud in your eye :-)
  • harrydave
    16 years ago
    Sorry if all my previous suggestions were mixed bar drinks. If you're looking to drink in, then I would second that Champagne suggestion, and maybe bring along Creme de Cassis (black currant liquer). Make a "Kir Royale" with 1/2 shot of Creme de Cassis and fill the rest of the flute with Champagne. Let us know how your next drinking experience goes. I could use the help too!
  • bigdawg_1
    16 years ago
    Harrydave is right on. I'm in the liquor business. What you are looking for is something that is high in alcohol but doesn't taste that way. Appletini,cosmo,lemondrop,chocolate martini. Use a good vodka...you don't have to use Grey Goose or Belvedere. Do yourself a favor and buy martini glasses and a shaker to prepare the drinks and chill them down.
  • mgkreb
    16 years ago
    Try chilled Drambuie. It's a liqueur made from Scotch. Even if you don't like scotch (I don't see how ANYONE can't like scotch) this may be the ticket. It has a honey-flavored finish with a hint of cinnamon.
  • driver01
    16 years ago
    Fondl is right about getting her what she likes and you get what you like. Having said that--- Goldschlager is a cinnamon schnapps. Schnapps comes in so many different flavors from Peach to Apple to Peppermint and everything in between that there is bound to be some flavor you both might enjoy. It's pretty obvious why she didn't enjoy the Remy, Crown, bacardi, or tequila offerings you brought to the table. While Goldschlager actually has a slightly higher alcohol content than most of the liquors you enjoy, the cinnamon flavor masks the higher proof a bit. The burn is still there but the taste is more familiar to the unitiated- cinnamon. Remy, Bacardi, Crown, etc consumed straight is more of an acquired taste. Clearly your young stripper, like many younger women, is drawn to strong drink in the form of flavors that are familiar and tend to have a sweeter component. Others have made some good suggestions. The buzz you are looking for can be achieved with all of the them. One glass of wine(5oz pour), one 12oz beer or one 1.5oz 80 proof liquor all have roughly the same amount of alcohol content. So if you can get her to drink a sweeter wine she might actually like, 2-3 glasses consumed over the course of an hour will achieve the same result as 2-3 shots of 80 proof liquor consumed over the same time period. The wine option makes sense because she probably won't chug it like the Goldsclager in one gulp but consume the glass over the course of several minutes. If she has the Goldschlager as a shooter and chugs down 2 or 3 shots back to back...then she'll be wasted rather quickly, at odds with your objective. Wine options-- most any German white is sweet and German wines tend to be very modestly priced. Any Spatlese will do. Years ago, I introduced many a college coed to the world of wine by starting them off with German whites. There are some good California Reislings that would fit the bill as well. Liquor-- Having read of her dislike of some of the fine spirits you mentioned, probably best to stick to those that have some semblance of familiarity...As I mentioned before, there are many other Shnapps to be had other than Goldschlager. Lot's of flavors, some softer than others... A few other liquor suggestions? Try "Liquor 43"- it's a soft, smooth vanilla/citrus flavored liquer that is great straight or on the rocks- this is one of those drinks that most younger types love- goes down easy at 32 proof but still will get you where you want to go... Tuaca, another 35 proof liquer good straight or on the rocks-- has citrus and vanilla overtones. Not as smooth as Liqour 43 but a distinct and interesting taste...Then there is always tried and true "Grand Marnier" at a full 40 proof. There is a burn here for some but this premium orange liquer is a favorite of many. If you are still reading this then you need a drink. I have written myself to the point of popping the cork on a bottle of Seghesio "Venom" and my first glass of many is waiting...
  • chitownlawyer
    16 years ago
    I have found that OTC girls I have known in the past like the following: 1. Any brand of White Zinfandel 2. Mike's Hard Lemonade (one finished an entire six pack and sent me out for another. I was concerned she was setting me up for cash-n-dash--so I took her shoes and top). 3. Bailey's straight, on the rocks. I always bring gin, vermouth, and tonic water for myself, and no dancer has ever gone near any of these, or any drink made by any combination of them.
  • harrydave
    16 years ago
    I had to laugh at the comment about gin. I do enjoy a gin martini...Bombay Sapphire, straight up, with blue cheese stuffed olives. I have never met a stripper that would go anywhere near that drink. Ah, but it's "mother's milk" to me. :-)
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    I would totally drink Bombay Sapphire. The blue cheese stuffed olives sound "nice"( Id prefer a less rich hours deurve but Id never bring that to a club. The good stuff gets stolen quickly!!!!!
  • FONDL
    16 years ago
    I too like gin. But I rarely drink it any more because it doesn't like me.
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    gin makes you sin!!!!
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    I kind of find it difficult to care. In a strip club setting, the drinks are highly unlikely to be carefully poured or prepared, so I get cheap-brand in my high-balls, or a direct shot of something straight from the bottle that cannot be easily falsified (Jack Daniels, Southern Comfort, Kahlua, etc.). The idea that some kind of "sapphire" gin is better or worse when mixed with the poorly concocted soda pop and OJ made from frozen yesterday and sitting in the bottom of a half-cold mini-fridge overnight? Idiotic.
  • harrydave
    16 years ago
    Oh wondergrl, you have stolen my heart!
  • DougS
    16 years ago
    Clubber: What can I say... I grew up on Monty Python... (of course it was funny, but I also liked it for the nudity... maybe THAT is where my addiction started?)
  • DougS
    16 years ago
    Everyone: Thanks again for all of your suggestions... I will be printing this out before I go on my shopping trip to the liquor store. I'll report back on how the drinks are received.
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    HD hee hee
  • ShotDisc
    16 years ago
    Clubber- a true Monty Python fan. I bet you were also a fan of the Dirty Vicar sketch.
  • DougS
    16 years ago
    ShotDisc: Be careful... you might get "the comfy chair"!
  • gk
    16 years ago
    Drinks for your girl: Cranberry and vodka Washington Apple (ask your bartender how to make it, girls love it) Jaegermeister (licorice tasting liquore)--definitely an acquired taste--hugs you from the inside before it kicks you in the ass! Vodka lemon drops (home made: chilled vodka, shaken with some lemon zest, pour in a shot glass with rim dipped in sugar or salt (her/your preference). Finish with biting a slice lemon (like a tequila shot). Tastes like FRESH lemonade! Midori mellon martini's Also consider the new tropical flavored malt beverages or wine coolers --great girl drinks if they don't like the hard stuff--takes a few to get a buzz, but 3 or 4 may do for her, also try these with the vodka shots.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion