tuscl

New format sucks

Thursday, February 23, 2023 9:01 PM
Much harder to locate clubs in the strip club list, I often don't know what town the club is in. I'd gotten use to counties, but the best was the map.That function no longer works, at least for me. The site has become unusable.

35 comments

• Techman
    a year ago
    The new Club List has clubs with addresses that contain the city name. The list can be printed by 'right click - print'. This is much better than the old system of printing from the map list. But the map locator is great if Founder can make it work. The type of club above the club name would be appreciated.
  • BubbleYum
    a year ago
    Agree with your last sentence. I can't even check my messages. I liked to read local reviews to vet clubs I'm interested in working at, but so much for that. All I can access as a verified dancer are the discussion forums, which I've been trying to avoid lately due to the drama. Site is borderline pointless for me right now.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    a year ago
    "Messages" are now "Conversations". On PC, it's on the left. On mobile, it's at the bottom of the window.
  • whodey
    a year ago
    "The list can be printed by 'right click - print'." I never figured that anyone would actually be printing a list of strip clubs from a website in 2023. Do you still print step by step directions from mapquest to help you get there?
  • Cantbeserious
    a year ago
    Yeah would be nice to get the map back.
  • Mike Rotch
    a year ago
    Whatever happened to the "Top 40" lists? I used to look at them to see what were the best strip clubs, or most reviewed, etc. Also had top ignored members so I knew who to avoid. Can't see that link anymore.
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    @Alfredo_Darke I'd like to know what kind of person contributes two reviews in two years (plus one "give me information" discussion board question) and then comes here complaining that the whole site sucks. If you had bothered to scan a few DB posts you would have seen that the mapping issue has been brought up about a dozen times already. Clearly it did not warrant a dedicated new thread just to cater to your desires. Founder already addressed the issue, but I'm not going to repeat what he said or provide a link. If it's that important to you, look it up yourself.
  • shanny72
    a year ago
    I miss clicking on the state and seeing all the reviews, sorted in most recent order. Very helpful when you are in similar driving distance from many parts of the state
  • docsavage
    a year ago
    I'm not able to click on my name and see my past comments anymore. If anyone else has had that problem and figured out if there is still a way to do that, I would appreciate hearing about it.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    a year ago
    This is the thread created by founder where he seems to be gathering feedback. [view link]
  • nemesisk7
    a year ago
    Trash website thats why i stopped using it .
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    a year ago
    ^ This is a pretty timely reply given that you stopped using this site...
    a year ago
    Just because you stopped using the site doesn’t mean you don’t visit the forums once in a while. I no longer use the reviews or other parts of the site as it gets harder to use with every iteration. I do still check the TJ forum every once in a while to see if there is anything new before a visit, but lately even that has hardly any traffic or participation. I used to post 20 or 30 reviews a year, now virtually none and I would participate in forums, now barely. Losing the mapping function and a top 40 list as a locator when I travel will be the last two things I thought useful enough to pay for.
  • Vicfl
    a year ago
    The whole new makeover of this site is a waste. my activities on this site is reduced after this waste changes.
  • Richard_Head
    a year ago
    Very slow and disorganized. Not an improvement.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    a year ago
    With the exception of the "My Feed" page, for me the site is much faster now on mobile and PC. For those who need it, mapping in back.
  • wallanon
    a year ago
    To some of the newer TUSCLers, when the site gets a major revision it takes a while for founder to get the kinks worked out. Most of the features you like will make it back. It's essentially a one man show so give it some time.
    a year ago
    Just what was wrong with the old site? I didn’t know there was problems that needed solved. He could go on to make registry/review sites of any number of other types of businesses. Anyways, it’s his hobby so his rules. We can participate or not.
  • Vicfl
    a year ago
    when your customers are mostly older retired gentlemen, don't change anything to your existing successful website. Just add new features to what you already have without changing the look and feel and features of your site. Founder gone crazy for no purpose. wasted.
  • wallanon
    a year ago
    "when your customers are mostly older retired gentlemen" How do you know this? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so it's great that you're sharing and enjoying the site. But a lot of the drama on this board stems from people assuming the majority of the board does (or should) see things the way that they do. Granted a lot of the most prolific people on the boards are retired and have more time to post online at all times of the day (because they're retired). But if you factor in that most of the TUSCL users are here for reviews and not to socialize, and the vast majority of discussion posts are from a small core of users, it's tough to say whether the majority of TUSCLers are "older retired gentlemen".
  • whodey
    a year ago
    "when your customers are mostly older retired gentlemen, don't change anything to your existing successful website." I would actually argue that you need to take the opposite approach in that situation. If your customers are mostly older retirees you need to do something different to attract newer and younger customers. Otherwise your customer base is going to shrink year after year as your customers either run out of extra retirement savings to spend on strip clubs, have declining health or literally die off. Don't believe me, just look at the problems Harley Davidson has struggled with over the past couple of decades as their average buyer got older and older. They have had to adapt and change to try to bring in a new generation of customers.
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    ^^ Lol, whodey. I must be one of the dying old curmudgeons you're referring to. I'm pretty sure my 2017 FatBoy is the last bike I'll ever buy. I fuckin HATE the newer models, and a rechargeable electric motorcycle is about the dumbest thing I ever heard of. I wouldn't even ride one around the block for fear someone might see me on it.
  • docsavage
    a year ago
    I'm an old guy and, like a lot of old guys, I don't like change. I kind of understand, though, that to appeal to a new generation of strip club customers this website might need to change over time. This is certainly true of strip clubs. A stripper who had worked in local strip clubs for the last several years told me recently it's harder to make money now because fewer guys buy lap dances or stage tip and more just use the club to hang out in. I've gone to strip clubs for 12 years and have seen that with my own eyes. If the customers won't give the girls money voluntarily, the clubs will need to change. They might need to charge more at the door, have drink purchase requirements or come up with other ways they can get money so they can then hand it over to the dancers.
  • motorhead
    a year ago
    FYI: older and “retired” are not synonymous
  • ArtCollege
    a year ago
    Mapping: only seems to work with geo-location on, which I routinely leave off for privacy purposes. I don't see a way to look at a city's list and see the clubs on a map. Very useful, especially when I'm visiting a city I don't know well. Founder, thanks for your work on the new site.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    a year ago
    I'm just going to leave this here: [view link] The site still needs some adjusting, but it's running much faster and it's not like the organization of information has changed radically. So, I appreciate founders work on this. In addition to the tip-of-the-iceberg stuff that we see, I suspect that there's a lot of server-side updates to the code to keep the site better protected from more-current exploits. This being a reason why *all* websites need the occasional refresh; hackers love sites running old code. They're low-hanging fruit. Site note ... I'm an old guy and I love new stuff and change. It keeps the mind and body agile.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    a year ago
    *Side note, rather. lol
  • BubbleYum
    a year ago
    Dancers apparently have to list their self at a club in order to gain the access privileges we had before. I'm not putting my stage name out there publicly, but still listed myself at one of my clubs (PussyLicker should be happy about that now since he made an entire thread about me not doing so before). It's just an awkward and unnecessary (yet small) learning curve between what we had and what exists now. I can read my conversations now. Before it kept logging me out right away or telling me I need to be VIP to read the PMs.
  • DickyDoo2
    a year ago
    Strip Club Map Locator does not work. Is this only available on a phone APP or should it work on my lap top????
  • whodey
    a year ago
    Dickydoo2 since the maps seem to require geolocation services to be turned on I doubt it would work from a computer unless that computer has some type of GPS type capabilities to provide your location. If you are trying to use the map feature to search an area you are not in at the time it is still possible, just not as easy as it was before. Just pull up the map (which will load to your current location) and then move the map to whatever location you want and double tap. It will bring up a map of all of the strip clubs in that location. Not as simple as pulling up a city from the list and choosing the map, but at least it is a work around for now.
  • Vicfl
    a year ago
    your location data is captured. super
  • Dolfan
    a year ago
    Desktop computers can provide rough or fine location, even without GPS. Windows and Mac both have a location service that can grab it from your IP or using Wi-Fi locationing, which is surprisingly fucking accurate, or by linking to phones or accounts used on both your phone or computer. As far as capturing location data, the privacy policy is pretty up-front about doing that. It's not exactly a Apple TOS or Tolstoy either, you can read the whole thing in 30 seconds or less. It's not clear about keeping fine grained location from GPS, but I'd assume he does if you're concerned. That goes not only for this site, but any site that offers location based services is likely to record your location.
  • founder
    a year ago
    IDGAF about your location, but I may store it in the future for a more personalized experience (like showing new reviews and dancers in your area)
  • Clubrev
    a year ago
    I saw founder said tht mapping was back, 2 days ago. Being one of those old , but not retired types, im having a terrible time finding it. I can find the locate nearby clubs, but looking for, like many, to pull up a map and see the clubs in that area. Dont want to sound like a hater, Hats off to the founder, he has built an incredible website, I hesitate to call it a website as its so much more. TUSCL in not my first choice to find clubs, its my ONLY choice. When visiting other cities, if its not in TUSCL then it does not exist for me. Mapping and being able to sort the clubs by the latest review is soooooo useful. Love to get both of those back. And really sort by latest review, now it will bring up a 3 year old review if someone commented on it yesterday....
  • whodey
    a year ago
    Clubrev to find the map feature simply go to the menu and click on "strip club map". Seems simple enough to me.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion