tuscl

TUSCL Ultimate Strip Club City Tournament Final Four: Providence vs. Detroit

Friday, December 9, 2022 12:30 AM
Face off to see who takes on Miami in the finals. Both give you a good reason to make the trek and freeze your ass off while doing so this time of the year. Let’s get it started.

27 comments

• aham5
    2 years ago
    Detroit.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    A few years back Detroit would have been the runaway winner, I’m pretty sure it’s changed and Providence is going to prevail, I have no experience with either, but I have met several of the MA guys I think there’s more there now the Detroit guys are either gone or moved away
    Still I think Miami is crowned as the champions
  • clubdude
    2 years ago
    I'm foolishly assuming that Detroit includes all the suburban clubs, also. Therefore, The D gets my vote!
  • newmark
    2 years ago
    Providence
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    Providence.
  • Longball300
    2 years ago
    The D
  • RockAllNight
    2 years ago
    Motor City for me
  • jackslash
    2 years ago
    Detroit. (Full disclosure: I've never been to Providence and so I have no idea what it's like.)
  • doctorevil
    2 years ago
    Tough one. I’ll say Providence, but not sure exactly why. Having a great time at Desire and Wild Zebra might have something to do with it. Does Mickey’s count as Providence? If so, that’s a firm yes for Providence. But then again, there’s Flight Club and Bogarts across the street Oh well. Providence
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    2 years ago
    Never been to a strip club in either city, and never been to Providence.

However, I feel like I can make an educated vote here since Detroit Rock City was a better movie than Outside Providence. Detroit. Go Lions.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    I’ll go Detroit on this one. And yeah fellas suburbs count. Providence, places like RI dolls, Mickeys, Kings Inn I would say count
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    For now Detroit is the last of the great US club towns still standing as something like its heyday. And that's saying something in 2022 after world-changing events. It's my pick. Detroit has taken some hits with high profile closures and unfriendly political shenanigans, but even though I saw it off peak the week I was there (pre-COVID) the clubs overall were far superior to any other town at the time. Sometimes I wonder if places really live up to the hype, because honestly most of the time they don't, and Detroit exceeded it. The clubs were nicer and girls were better looking than I expected all over town.

Providence is a place where I used to travel out of my way to go there because I really liked the clubs. It was like having an Easy Button for all kinds of club fun before I'd figured out how to get that experience anywhere I wanted. The clubs there do punch way over their weight, the girls are quality, and having that crazy law made those clubs the wild west for a long time. But it's kinda like the way I see Los Angeles, eventually the numbers are going to win out and Detroit just had more of everything that was good about the Providence clubs. But I'm still getting back to check out Providence again whenever I find an excuse to go lol.

To use another example, Follies was pound for pound the best club in the country by nearly every measure. The girls were hot. The fun was relatively cheap for the quality and it had privacy available if you were willing to wait. And it had plenty of ITC and OTC options. The one knock on it was that it wasn't the highest end club in the world, but it had good bones. The layout was solid, sight lines were good, and the management stayed out of the way but kept the show moving. If you wanted to just throw money, you could. You wanted to make time with your fav dancer and lock her down for a while? You could. It was just objectively better.

That's Detroit as a club town metro. It's just better until the political machine finally San Diego's it and it goes down for the count.
  • Electronman
    2 years ago
    Detroit.
  • SunRun
    2 years ago
    Detroit
  • lurker21
    2 years ago
    Detroit
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    I had a great time in Detroit . Flight Club, Subi's, Landing Strip. Can't wait to do it again. Since all of my knowledge of Providence is based on hearsay, I'm voting for Detroit.
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    Providence.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Out of the 14 dancers on shift here last Monday I would have gladly done private with 10 of them and I didn't have to valet my car. Free lunch was good too. Providence.
  • TheElmerFudd
    2 years ago
    Detroit
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    Looks like Motor City is winning this round. But the comments from the many that are supporting Providence have made a very good case. I think I may come up with an excuse to make a spring time trip. Late spring. Maybe early Summer.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    ^ We could use this as an excuse for a locals meetup, if that works for you. We've threatened to have one for a while.

I had a feeling that Detroit would win this one. It's a bigger city with a bigger reputation. So, of course more people have been there. A lot of people who haven't visited New England tend to think that the entire region is a life support system for Boston. So, Providence is more of a sleeper. That's probably a good thing. The locals have a good thing. The tourists can go to Boston.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    ^ " threatened " ??? LOL !
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    I have clubbed a ton in Detroit and only a few times in Providence so I am biased - take my comments for what it’s worth.

Detroit. A city where every single club I’ve entered except for one provided extras. If there are 30 girls working in a particular club at least 28 of them are willing to provide extras. Most of these clubs have a room, sometimes with mirrors, and usually with a curtain for privacy to have your “lapdances” in. Pre COVID pricing was very reasonable for services rendered.

I’ve always said too, Detroit had some of the nicest looking clubs as well, places like Penthouse, Legends, FC spared no expense when designing the decor of their clubs to set a great ambiance.

Where Detroit gets dinged is yes, you may risk the chance of being murdered driving on 8 Mile at 2AM and there are several cities across America that have hotter stripper line ups than Detroit but that does not mean that Detroit strippers are unattractive. They certainly can hold their own. I have always felt safe inside the upper tier clubs. Detroit had a rep as a rough city but the better clubs have always had a large security staff and the clientele seems to behave. I have never seen a fight or anyone get booted from the upper tier clubs before.

Lastly, going back to the main reason, the women, I rarely have encountered GPS in Detroit. Usually the dancers and staff at the clubs are rather friendly. I can’t recall anywhere else in the US where you walk in and the bouncer shakes your hand and asks how your evening is going. This has happened regularly in multiple Detroit clubs to me over the years. Only other place I can recall this happening is Montreal and Toronto.
  • Ulrik79
    2 years ago
    Detroit
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Desires is unfriendly. I mean how friendly is it to provide a free lunch? It sucks to pay $20.00 for a drink card and get the card back with $25.00 on it. I really hate when the floor manager gives me a yellow card for a free drink. The most private rooms are awful, I mean what good is privacy when you're with a naked woman. Imagine the horror if you were in a room with a couch and a pretty woman. But what I really hated Monday was a group of dancers ranging from 7-9 and only 100% were extras worthy and in play. Go to Detroit .... please......To top it off food in Rhode Island is fucking amazing.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Ok I'm not seeing the votes really trickling in anymore and the lead is large enough to think it's fine to call it here. Detroit moves on to face off with Miami.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    And so began the greatest rivalry since the Red Sox and the Yankees...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion