tuscl

How did you hear about TUSCL?

Tetradon
I'll act nicer if you'll act smarter.
Wednesday, December 7, 2022 7:45 PM
A topic I don't recall seeing recently if ever. How did you come to this lovely little corner of the internet? I used to read reviews on SCL, then it went downhill when every club thread turned conversational. Then trolls took over. Some people said TUSCL was where the action and good club intel resided. How did you find this site?

29 comments

• mike710
    2 years ago
    I found it somehow when I made my first trip to Tampa 20 years ago and I was looking for strip clubs in the area. I imagine I was doing some kind of web search but don't remember which search engine I used. Google wasn't a verb back then.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    I was somewhat active on both SCL and USASG. SCL became a troll farm (hi, cacaplop) and USASG went from skeevy to an absolute rat's nest. I turned to Google and found TUSCL.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    It's been so long ago, I have no idea how I found it. It was at least 20 years ago. Searching around the internet was so new back then. Although I had no idea if it had a discussion board back then. I just read the reviews. Gosh, this had to have been late '90's when I found it. When did Founder start it ? I remember that everything was free and there was no VIP section. I do remember Ads on the site.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Google strip club reviews it should be on the front page, that's what I needed at the time
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    When I was fresh out of college and traveling during my first “real” job I needed more intel on clubs in cities I was visiting. Somehow I stumbled onto here. I like Warrior remember when everything was free, it would be years before I actually noticed and participated in the discussion board. Previous to here there was [view link] / TER / TERB (Canada) MERB (Montreal) where I found info (back in the day I was in Canada a good bit.
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    I was googling around for intel on the seattle sc scene after living away for 5 years, and tuscl had the most believable info. This was about 10 years ago.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    I was just surfing one afternoon in my office and I came across this site by accident I was a lurker on and of for a couple of years before I made an account and became a poster
  • Sgtsnowman
    2 years ago
    A web search in the early 2000's. But I lurked until 2020. There was a hyper local website for LA that had my interest for mist of the 'oughts so I was slow to come over.
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    Surfing for strip club info back in the late 90's.
  • Leonard313
    2 years ago
    I had gotten laid at a strip club in the local area...which I had naively thought never occurred up until then. So, when I went out to California for an interview, I was trying to find strip clubs near my interview/hotel and stumbled across the site.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    I was looking for reviews of a club I frequented. There was a lot of drama with dancers calling a manager out for attempted rape. A lawsuit the club lost. Just a lot and I wanted to see what more was written. And found tuscl. I thought the forum would be where guys love strippers. Tall about clubs. Wasn't expecting old Republicans looking for cheap hookers.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    Pre-TUSCL I was more of "a guy that went to strip clubs" vs "a strip-clubber" (pre-TUSCL I went when bored and wasn't dating anyone - this is when I was living in Dallas in the 2000s) - by 2010 I had moved backhome to Miami but didn't club much till early-2012. I was gonna be back in Dallas for a week in the Spring of 2012 and was gonna do a side-trip from Dallas to Houston - I didn't know anything about the Houston SC scene and that is when I decided to join TUSCL so I could know which Houston clubs to hit. A bit b/f joining TUSCL I had web-surfed for some club info and TUSCL kept coming up and it said one needed to be a VIP to read reviews - I didn't look much into what TUSCL VIP was/meant and assumed one had to pay to read reviews so I dismissed TUSCL the first few times I ran across it bc I wasn't used to paying for web info - eventually I decided to look into the TUSCL VIP and decided to spring/pay for the onetime lifetime VIP at the time - I don't recall if at the time I was aware of free VIP for just writing reviews but I really wasn't planning/interested on writing any reviews at the time and just wanted to read some reviews every now-and-then particularly for when/if I traveled. Originally I didn't think/anticipate I was gonna use TUSCL much and wanted the VIP just in case I needed it in the future (trip; etc) - after joining and paying for the lifetime-VIP I eventually took a look at the Discussion board bc when I was looking at Houston clubs/reviews there were too many to figure out which ones where the better ones so I made a Discussion-thread. Soon after I started participating on TUSCL discussions but still wasn't interested in writing-reviews plus I was mainly hitting black-dives and at the time didn't think there was any interest for such reviews since I rarely saw those clubs reviewed - it was actually TUSCLer @Alucard that asked me via a PM why I didn't write any reviews and I responded to him at the time that I thought others wouldn't be interested in the clubs I hit - @Alucard said I should still write reviews of clubs I hit and that is when I decided to start writing reviews a couple of months after I had joined TUSCL and had been participating on the Discussion board.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    Also, I didn't lurk very long before jumping in on the discussion board. The wonderful world of strip clubs and P4P is still a fairly finite discussion topic. But it's a broader forum to discuss crazy shit in our lives, especially around sex, that you can't talk about in polite company. Believe it or not I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of political discussions. Still adversarial but it's an oasis compared to how fucking bad it is everywhere else.
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    Here's a similar topic from a couple years ago. Some TUSCL discovery stories there, too. [view link] My comment from Feb 17,2020: I showed up on TUSCL because a buddy of mine kept finding these horrible clubs for us to go see I'd never heard of. After a projectile titty milk incident and I told him that was the end of the line for me at his noname places, he showed me the site and all of the other trash clubs we hadn't been to yet. Turns out TUSCL had good clubs listed, too. Before I got too busy to keep up, I also used the site to keep the details organized on clubs I'd been to. The discussion forums I've mostly outgrown as customer seeking information, but will chime in if something looks interesting.
  • SirLapdancealot
    2 years ago
    Through an internet search for 'strip clubs' over 15 years ago.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    I came here because there's no other forum on the internet where I can brag about my non existent organization in my attempt to present myself as an all knowing savant and incessantly troll everyone by flooding the forum with my uninteresting off topic drivel because knowing it perturbs most everyone produces a subtle tingle in my nether regions. It's the closest I'll ever come to what I think real sex with a real woman might really be like.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    SHIT! Wrong account! Like many others I was looking for club intel and used google. BTW, original question has been asked more than once in my time here, it's approaching the frequency of what should i wear threads.
  • steve3000
    2 years ago
    It was a long time ago - 1995, maybe 1994? Definitely before Google... Or even AltaVista... I think it might have been via a link on an early blog (such as Justin's Links from the Underground). Or maybe even a mention in a print media article. Time flies...
  • loper
    2 years ago
    I'm sure that I googled a particular strip club and tuscl came up. It was years before I took the leap and signed up so I could read more than the first 2 lines of a review.
  • Hank Moody
    2 years ago
    I’d been going to the Maryland clubs for years completely ignorant of the extras that lurked in the underbelly of many clubs. Around 2009 or 2010 I started to travel for work and wanted to do a little research. I probably googled ‘strip club reviews’ and voila, here came tuscl. The first club I went to based on tuscl reviews? PHC Detroit. Mind. Blown. (Pun definitely intended.). I’d been doing fine in the minors but I definitely made a few rookie mistakes now that I’d graduated to the big leagues. I eventually found the discussion board. I’m pretty sure I don’t regret that. Ha.
  • georgmicrodong
    2 years ago
    When I moved to Louisville in the late 90s, it was one of the first results in search engines of the day. Probably Altavista or yahoo or one of those. Somewhere along the line SCL showed up, but seemed useless to me from the get-go. USASG locally is not too bad, but TUSCL is still way better for clubs.
  • Huntsman
    2 years ago
    Google search, as I recall.
  • bang69
    2 years ago
    The manager of a club I was working security at told me about it.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    Current Icee on how and why he found TUSCL (posted on 12/8/22 above): [view link] "I was looking for reviews of a club I frequented. There was a lot of drama with dancers calling a manager out for attempted rape. A lawsuit the club lost. Just a lot and I wanted to see what more was written. And found tuscl." ==== Legacy Icee's first post to TUSCL (from the now-shuttered profile; posted on 6/12/18): [view link] "Im not really into clubs, I ended up in one on a whim and met a girl who is the girl of my dreams." Further down: "I was looking for a forum to post on where people would have similar experiences or at least get the strip club thing." ==== I mean, you'd think one might remember if you came to a website for relationship advice or to gather information about a club wrapped up in sexual assault lawsuits. There's a lot of real estate between those two versions of "reality". So, one or both of those versions is a lie. I'm going with both. We can also log this as yet another example of Icee being lazy about maintaining a false online persona. But I'm sure that he'll come to this thread with some rewritten version of history (and some playground insults as seasoning).
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    ^I thought he came to share stripper ho management advice?
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    ^ And legal advice and his current mix tape...
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    ^and don't forget l8tte nighhht txt56ing skillz, lulz
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    I found Tuscl on stripclublist.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    I came here for the financial advice and to get reminded that I’m old fat and senile LULZ
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion