tuscl

8-9pm

Friday night. Am I outta line for being ticked off that some clubs it’s a graveyard at this time? Maybe one dancer comes out, maybe you get two. I don’t think it’s that early. Just staring at all these other sorry dudes just waiting around staring into space. I don’t want to hear that “Oh just wait till midnight when we really get it goin!” bullshit. Get some bodies out there. And I’m not even describing 6am closing after hours spots these are normal clubs that go to 2 or 3.

11 comments

• whodey
    2 years ago
    It depends. Is the club full of customers but no dancers to be seen or are you practically the only customer in the club? If there aren't enough customers I can't blame the girls for not being there. A lot of dancers only want to work the times that they can make the most money and what time that is varies depending on the club.

Some clubs are busy at 9 and dead after midnight and some clubs are the opposite.
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    Not outta line. It's a business. If there are supposed to be dancers there should be dancers. But it's luck of the draw. Both times I went to a fairly notorious club this week there were only two dancers. The first day I showed up too early and today I showed up too late. Both days I picked the first dancer I saw and it turned out ok. Luckily the random dancer of the day today was much hotter than the other day.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    I guess one can't blame the girls for mostly wanting to be there when there are the most targets - also some of these girls have obligations outside-the-club whether it's kids or a regular job; etc
  • Subraman
    2 years ago
    Most clubs I've been to have a dead zone from 8-9... or maybe more like 7-10. Use it to your advantage: if you meet a nightshift girl, typically there's too much money to be made at midnight for her to spend that much time with you. Make an appointment with her, to show up 8, and you'll get a couple good hours with her, with very little competition
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Muddy wants to be sleeping in his car by 10pm.

I agree - I want to go to a club at 8:00, get my rocks off by 9:30 and hit a poker room by 10:00 or be back at my hotel in bed by 10:30.
  • Myoman
    2 years ago
    I 110% agree. Why is it so slow at around 8pm??
    And honestly, there should be more girls after-work hours. At that time, guys are leaving work and on their way home. You would think if clubs made it a habit to have a lot of girls consistently at these earlier times, then customers would follow!
  • MackTruck
    2 years ago
    Kick dem in da ballz Muddy
  • Champphilly
    2 years ago
    Try morning 6AM. Kidding. Inflation & Covid effect.
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    Around here a lot of clubs make it that way with their fee structures. That's when they're changing shifts for things like bartenders, managers, security, etc. So a girl who came in for day shift has to tip out all the day shift employees before they leave. If she stays over into the night shift, even for just an hour or two she has to also tip out all those people often at full freight before she leaves. That means a lot of girls who would otherwise stay till 9 or 10 leave at 7. Similarly, if a night shift girl wanted to come in before 7 she'd have to pay fees and tip out all the day shift employees. At the same time, there's often little difference in fees for girls who come in at 7 vs 10. The result is most of the day girls are gone by 7 but few of the night girls are in before 10. Then you also layer in the fact that most clubs have higher covers and drink prices starting around those time windows and you've got both a reduction in supply and demand around the same time. It should surprise no one that its dead then.

Some clubs seem to avoid it by staggering things, maybe ending happy hour either earlier or later, maybe having a mid-shift option between day & night, etc.

Subra's option is one that I employ regularly & am quite fond of. We both arrive towards the end of day shift; I settle in while she changes and is one of the first girls on the floor for night shift. We do our thing until it starts to get busy. At that point I've had my fun and don't want to deal with the crowd that's becoming younger and more obnoxious. She's not only made a few bucks to start her night, but also saved a few bucks on fees and has priority to leave early when things start to die down if she wants. Often, she'll also have had a meal and a few drinks and be in her desired state for when the crowd arrives. Everyone wins. It doesn't hurt that we also develop a rapport in that time and can decide if it makes sense to move the arrangement off site. As an extra bonus, the rest of the staff tends to dote on you too.
  • georgmicrodong
    2 years ago
    Go someplace else?
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    I have mixed feelings about this. In almost every city I've ever clubbed in, 7-9 is either the shift change window or the early opening hours, depending on whether the club has a dayshift. And yes, in almost every gin joint I've visited during those hours in every city I've traveled to, conditions were muted during that window.

But IME it hasn't been for a lack of effort on the part of the clubs. Most clubs offer reduced house fees to the girls if they start before a certain time and I've even seen a few waive house fees altogether if a girl shows up early. Many of those same clubs are also running Happy Hour promotions to get guys in earlier. But the reality is that a lot of girls prefer paying higher house fees to working the extra quiet hours and a lot of guys don't want to go out that early. There's only so much a club can do.

Personally I like that timeframe because the girls who <strong>are</strong> working tend to be the more motivated ones. I've made a number of connections in that timeframe buying drinks and dinner for girls who were just kicking off their shifts and needed some fortification. The girl who shows up for the last 4 hours of the night is usually not the one I'm going to enjoy anyway.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion