tuscl

Average career span of dancers

Friday, April 29, 2022 5:33 PM
Mr Dugan mentioned average career span of dancers is 2 years or less. Why is this? What makes the career lifespan so short, and what does this mean regarding dancers who have career spans of 5 years, 10 years or more?

26 comments

• CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    Public Service Announcement (PSA) “BigThirdEye is just cacaplop trying to swamp these forums with repetitive, stupid questions, either via his own threads or crashing other threads. But, as always, take a look at his posting history and judge for yourself. If engaging with his inane posts is fun for you, then go for it. Otherwise, don't think you're answering sincere questions.” ~ [view link].Ishmael ~ April 29, 2022 “In this world, shipmates, sin that pays its way can travel freely, and without a passport; whereas Virtue, if a pauper, is stopped at all frontiers." -- Father Mapple via Herman Melville's "Moby Dick".
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    I think many girls that get into it really don't know exactly whqt they are getting themselves into when they start. I think what brings that "average" down is that many girls do it and quit very quickly as they discover that the job actually has to put up with and do. One girl does it 4 years while another does it 4 days. The average is two years.
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    ^ +1 for what Warrior said. I'll just add that, even for many of the girls who do get through the initial shock period, the job can burn a girl out quickly. IME it's a rare girl who makes it more than a few years in this business. Not only because of all the shit they need to handle from guys ITC, but also due to the high social and relationship costs. If I was actually thinking in terms of a weighted average and factored in every girl who ever dipped her toes in for a few days and quit, I'd probably have guessed even lower. I once read a post on the pink site which put the average dancer career span at 6 months. That sounded low to me, but made more sense when including toe dunkers.
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    Cj kent you and Ishmael need to find something better to do, i wouldnt steal a billion bucks even if i could do so consequence free.
  • IvySnow
    2 years ago
    Let's be honest everyone! It is not a career. I'm different, but I know that only one woman I danced with in 2004 is likely dancing. Most women who dance in the first place are liberal women who find it a quick way to make extra money while going to school or after their normal day job with a flexible schedule. Some others leave when they find alternative options in the sexworker industry that is more lucrative and flexible. For me, I was a little of both, but I also love the admiration and find it energizing to have men who just show their desire for me (can't get that at real work). I found a more flexible option but now do think it would be fun to have that exhibitionist rush of seeing a handsome stranger tell/show me how he feels about me. I think every woman has some small inkling of that desire.
  • nicespice
    2 years ago
    Some of us like to move around even if we stay in the industry, so good luck asking individual customers about it. I did meet one dancer in Wisconsin though who said she had danced at the same building for about 25 years. Wow! (I call it building and not club because there’s been more than one owner over the years) Oh and sometimes then you’re just sucked in. I know I was gonna quit sometime in spring 2019 and go find some white collar job or something, but whoops
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    A career in the NFL as a running back is less than 5 years. Some positions are harder ......Big Third Eye is the despicable piece of shit known as cacaplop. Spit on the shithead.
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    Ivy and Nice, I wonder how representative either of you are of the run-of-the-mill dancer. IME most girls dance in places where they've always lived and/or places where they're trying to settle. For club hounds who get to know these crews and bounce around the local clubs, it's not hard figure out what's going on. People talk, including other customers and dancers. Also, at least IME, most of them aren't actually students. 😉 I <strong>have</strong> seen a sharp increase in dayjob girls recently, both here and in a few travel destinations. Prior to the pandemic a solid majority of the dancers I met were dancing full time, but most of those girls are gone now, replaced by younger ones who are less inclined to rely solely upon dancing. It will be interesting to see if the current dynamic continues or if more girls will transition to dancing full time as the industry continues to recover.
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    Skibum that is quite the angry comment! I am not cacaplop, but thankfully i enjoy spit, so that’s not an issue.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Whatever jackass.
  • Eltriste
    2 years ago
    I'd say mid 30s is average
  • Eltriste
    2 years ago
    I think dancers will dance til they're older. As long as they can. Younger girls are going to be more drawn to cam sites and only fans. With dancing as a later option. It's why talent is already down in clubs.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ Zero reviews, zero articles. Complete waste of bandwidth.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    Dixie_Normus WW3? Don't blame me! I voted for Trump and MAGA! Ignore Message Discussions: 36 Comments: 936 Zero reviews, zero articles!
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    some go into it for just a while, but far more stay in as long as they can, and it is these who go FS. SJG
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    Good words, SJG! As you say, anyone who is not seriously attached can be gotten to, and FRMOS.
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    “BigThirdEye and cacaplop need to find something better to do, I wouldnt steal a billion bucks even if I could do so consequence free.” TIFFY you are welcome.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ Zero reviews, zero articles. Complete waste of bandwidth.
  • docsavage
    2 years ago
    Many girls quit after a short period because they don't make much money. I've asked long time dancers what they did to be successful and make money. One thing they tell me is that it really helps to have regular customers. A dancer with no regulars just has the left-over customers after all the other customers show up to see their regulars. It takes time to develop regulars and many girls get antsy and either switch clubs all the time or leave shortly after starting. Successful dancers also tell me they had to learn to be friends with the guys a little bit to get them as regulars and the unsuccessful girls couldn't figure out how to do that or didn't think it was important. This strategy might not apply so much in a few tourist destination cities with many one-time visitors but will in most clubs frequented mostly by locals.
  • jackslash
    2 years ago
    This is one of those questions that can't be answered because there is no source of reliable data. All we have is personal observations from strip club regulars and some strippers. Rick's estimate of less than 2 years is as good as any.
  • goldmongerATL
    2 years ago
    Most dancers start when they are younger and quit when they are older :-) There are no statistics here. But a few points: We tend to forget many, many dancers (who knows, maybe half) dance for a day, a few days, a couple of weeks before they quickly realize this is not the job for them. We never really notice them. For those that do make a go of it, if you no longer see a dancer after a while, she may have moved to a new club. She may have moved to a new city and is dancing there. She may be in jail and will return afterwards. She may be having one of our babies and will return afterwards. Or, she may have moved on in her life. Or moved to a different form of sex work. No way to tell if she quit dancing. All we know is she is not at that club any more.
  • goldmongerATL
    2 years ago
    Heaving your math is quite a bit off. If every dancer worked from 19-29 the average age would be 24. the average career would be 10 years. That said no way 10 years is the average career. Purely a guess (see my post above) but for those that do not quit immediately I would guess 3-4 years, but the range stretches all the way to 20 years or more for a few.
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    Jackslash Rick has 200+ reviews though and others on here have many reviews One thing i have noted, my former favorite who was there over 5 years, broke a lot of rules in the dances. Maybe the more successful ones are more likely to do extras and Otc? I dont get repeat dances from someone if its the same thing each time
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    rickdugan only knows the career span of dancers who get torturously badgered to do OTC when they don't want to.
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    ? He’s got 200 reviews
  • MandyMonroe
    2 years ago
    I still dance at the same bar I started at 17 years ago in Wisconsin. Dancers are considered veterans of the sport after 5 years. Most athletes retire around 30 not just strippers. Talent has gone down in Wisconsin the 7 years because the laws changed so clubs can’t tell us what to do anymore so no one is getting trained like they use to. War in Ukraine has affected my money more than the housing market burst of 08’ and Covid combined. Most girls I worked with work 3-7 years. Weight is not a factor it is body fat. Some clubs require 30% body fat or less but when women get older they have harder time keeping the body fat down. I am 35 I don’t wear make up most days and pull off an excellent girl next door with my age guessed around 23 most days, younger of I am not in conversation. It keeps my core strong helps relieve stress and is a real acting career and is a derivative of broadway. Fitness pole was made a real sport again in 2016 sorry I don’t know how it went from a male only sport in Asia in the 1400’s and woman couldn’t even watch to a sport that is dominated by woman. Hope this helps put understanding to what it really is. And girls remember. “Girls wear make up and boys lie” don’t fall for the lines about how everyone is doing extra. Class pays better than ass. Often I get paid more than they offered just for saying no.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion