Is $500 too much ?

42 comments

• JimGassagain
    3 years ago
    I wouldn’t even give it a thought.

Bacon!!
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Yet another "look how much money I have" humblebrag slash self-own, like $5,000 to say she doesn't love me.

Newsflash, people who actually have cash don't need others' affirmations that they're rich.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    $500 isn't rich. I'm asking about it for a present for an ex. Would that be considered a lot?
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Why would you want to buy a present for an ex?
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    We love each other.

I was thinking $500 in weed and Victoria's secret body sprays. Those 2 smells always remind me of her.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Well since you are asking, I certainly would not do that. With the people I know the relationship does not revolve around chemical mood alternants. And the body spray?

I would rather give someone something which was related to the kind of relationship we had, and maybe will have again.

We I was married I got my wife stuff to wear for me. But beyond a point that did not work anymore. As time went on I got her more and more books.

I may start sending her some books in the future.

SJG

Beyonce - Be Alive (Original Song from the Motion Picture "King Richard") (94th Academy Awards Performance)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aeDlZOD…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKOtzIo-…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4USer34…
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    "We love each other."
    Then this isn't an "ex," it's an "it's complicated."
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    $500 is perfect BTW
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Icee I thought your ex that you were in love with offed herself or OD'd or something.
  • TheeOSU
    3 years ago
    "We I was married I got my wife stuff to wear for me."

I take it she wasn't fond of dressing up as a goat. Probably one of the many reasons she left you.
    She wanted a real man not a wannabe shepherd.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    I thought of getting her a victorias secret gift card. But weed and body spray are more personal. I've given her books before. She likes horrors
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    I'm gonna write her a poem too
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Pretty sure it won't change her opinion of you !
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Icey said "I want to buy a birthday gift for someone I really care about. So, of course I'm reaching out to a bunch of people who I mostly insult and fight with essentially every single day. Even better, they don't know her at all. This makes perfect sense to me."

Nothing you post is true and it's laughably obvious.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Post the poem here before you give it to her. We'll critique it for you.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    ". Post the poem here before you give it to her. We'll critique it for you. "

What could go wrong here ? LOL !
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    CIM...go troll elsewhere. You're welcome to block me

I haven't written the poem yet

• skibum609
    3 years ago
    $500 gift to an ex whom you are still in love with? Buy 90 minutes of psychotherapy with the money. You are one fucked up fraud and liar.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    All I've done is call out bigots. If that applies to you and offends you. Try not being a bigot.

You only came on here to troll but that reflects on you.

I'm trying to show her I still care without going over the top
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Bigots consistently claim others are bigots. Reason #43 that Icey is a useless, lying, asshole. Wow, you still care about someone who dumped you lol. How impotent.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    You're not as good a troll as you think. If you don't like my thread don't reply in it
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Wah. Wah. Wah. Buh bye fraud.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    She wants to spend her bday with me and cried when I asked her to.

• san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Icey, think about the gift you are suggesting.

Unless you usually live that large, I think $500 value is too much for a casual gift. It would seem like you are trying to keep her tied to you somehow.

Whether you are or not, I still think there could be some better choice of gift. $500 of weed is silly. And it has no durable value.

Now I know this is not the same situation, but I tell you that before I was married I gave my future wife a wrist watch. It just seemed like a nice watch. Not the smallest of ladies watches, but it looked nice. Hour hand and minute hand, but no second hand. Nice leather strap and inside the quartz and battery. And coming from a nice store. She really like it, really cried, and she wore it for a very long time.

Then after we were married, her being in school, I bought her an HP-12C calculator. They still make these, they are well liked. Back then though they cost a lot more money. I could see what classes she had to take, and I knew her and I knew that she did not need the trig functions, but this had all the log and exponential stuff, and stuff about the calendar, and the Net Present Value calculations.

It looked nice and it felt nice. And she impressed me, she went carefully through the instruction manual and learned how to use it. She had never used RPN before, so she learned about the stack, and about how many digits it displayed and why RPN means less key strokes. She really liked it and used it for a long time.

You know this girl, maybe there is something you can give her which will better reflect the relationship you had with her, and which might suggest whatever it is you want there to be in the future.

SJG

I'll Play The Blues For You
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMQ21Yuv…
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    That's the thing. Weed and perfume reflect a lot of it. Uts what she likes.

Ingave her a necklace one year for Christmas. It wasnt expensive but she's kept it in a safe since. She treasures everything I ever gave her.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    She sees me as a cross between will Smith and kanye 🤣🤣😭
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Maybe there is something which would communicate better to her.

SJG
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Weed is a really powerful gift when she has feelings. She'll think of you every time she gets high. Same with perfume. She thinks of you when she wears it. Experiences build feelings.

More sentimental gifts work better once her feelings are strong enough.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Maybe you want the relationship to be based on something else, something that you work to do together to advance yourselves.

SJG
  • gSteph
    3 years ago
    A PHD, huh?

If you really accomplished enough for a PhD, you'd know $7,425 is the logical approach.

I know that will buy lots of weed, enough to roll yourself into a giant joint and she and her (new) friends can spark you up.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Well are advancing ourselves. At least trying. It's complicated
  • MackTruck
    3 years ago
    I dump liadz in your basement and your exes basement
  • MackTruck
    3 years ago
    Loadz and loadz and loadz 💩💩💩🤸‍♀️💩💩🚔🤸‍♂️🏁🏁🏁
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Seeing her on Sunday so I'll see how it goes.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    What could you give her that would relate to the next phase of life for her. I don't see $500 of weed, or the bath oil stuff, as being part of that.

SJG
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Weed and Victoria's secret body spray went over very well. She cried when I read her my poem for her
  • DoctorPhil.
    3 years ago
    Two thing Mr. Icee:

First, $500 was the wrong amount. $420 would have been better. In fact, if you were really good at shopping you could have gotten a present for exactly $420.69. However, if you took the effort to get her $420.69 in weed and body spray you should also give her the receipt.

Second, you read her a poem? Why aren’t you sharing said poem? I bet it went something like this:

Roses are red, violets are blue
    I got you this weed and body spray
    Because I love you and thought
    That KY and ecstasy would seem desperate
    Also, you’re imaginary and I bought all this shit with Monopoly money and I spent $500 of said play money rather than the much more clever $420
  • CandymanOfProvidence
    3 years ago
    what about body spray that smells like weed?
  • DoctorPhil.
    3 years ago
    ^
    Good idea Mr. Candy
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Nah but we're gonna try the thc lube
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    How about this love poem

Roses are red
    Matter has mass