tuscl

Question about Recreational Weed in Clubs

Leonard313
Michigan
Friday, March 4, 2022 6:54 PM
So, being new to this whole recreational weed situation...moving recently from a State that didn't allow it at all.... Are you allowed to smoke weed in the club as if it was nothing more than a cigarette? Could I just light up a joint while enjoying a hottie on stage at The Landing Strip or Bogarts? What about (God I hate that I'm even asking this) edibles? Can I pop a gummy or something? What about the dancers? Can they take a hit? Or will they get canned for that kinda thing while on the clock? I mean, what's the rules on that type of thing in the club now that supposedly weed is legal?

20 comments

• Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    In California and Nevada it depends on the club. It varies from zero tolerance to smoking a blunt with dancers to sneaking a weed pen around. Gummies are the easiest thing to use in a club
  • blahblahblah23
    2 years ago
    It depends on the club. I believe it is technically illegal still even in weed legal states, but a lot of clubs do everything illegally. So just visit and don't do anything stupid until you see others doing w/e like smoking weed.
  • gSteph
    2 years ago
    No smoking anything in a club in Oregon. Seen a number of strippers having a toke off a pen just outside the door though. I have mine in the parking lot if indulging. Depends on state/area I'm sure. You can eat a gummy anywhere, preferably an hour ago.
  • NinaBambina
    2 years ago
    It depends on how strict the clubs are with enforcing smoking (weed or cigs), but in general, most clubs do not want their bars stuffy, smoky, and smelling like weed. They will make few exceptions, but if they don't know you, you probably can't just spark up a joint. With that being said, yes, of course you can pop a gummy. At a lot of the Detroit-area clubs, you can also vape. When I worked in Detroit (I haven't in almost 2 months), I'd bring my vape pen with me sometimes. It is much more discreet than a blunt or joint, and the managers generally don't care. Even if they did, you could go to the bathroom and hit it or just hit it when no one is watching since it doesn't leave as heavy as an odor as smoke.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    "They will make few exceptions, but if they don't know you, you probably can't just spark up a joint." So, for example, if 2 Chainz walked in...
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    It's not legal here in Florida, but in many clubs it's obviously common and people don't think twice or look twice. In other clubs they'll ask you to leave if they smell it just in your pocket.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    I've been in clubs in VA and NC where people were smoking (tobacco). Presumably the clubs just pay the fines as an operating cost. But I don't know if either of those states have legalized rec weed.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    @skibum is a noted aficionado of the strip club toke. At Platinum and Blaze in Atlanta, guys were lighting up left and right. Don't think it's fully legal in Georgia but not sure. Bouncers aren't going to examine every cigarette to make sure it isn't a J.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Every state that has legal weed seems to have kept it illegal as far as smoking in public. In Providence you can vape outside or smoke a bowl with little issue, except for serious skunk, when people can really smell it. I have a "vape pod" for oil. You don't need to push a button and it fits in the palm of your hand. I smoke it in public everywhere. Legal or not. Vapor doesn't smell, so hand to move as if to stifle a lawn or cough, toke it, hold it, repeat. I save the car for when I mix crumble with flower just in case I toke it too hard and cough hard enough for my eyeballs to fall out. Easier to find in the car.
  • Omega_Entertainment
    2 years ago
    Recreational weed stops being recreational when you are in someones business. Some states clubs have to pay for smoking permits to allow it inside, but in general smoking is still against the law in any public building. @Skibum609 personally if I caught you even using your vape, I would have you tossed out on your ass, simply because you breaking the law isnt worth my operating licenses taking a black mark for allowing it. What you do in your home or car is your business, What you do in my building becomes my business. I dont come and drink sitting in your workplace, so dont come to smoke or vape in mine.
  • nicespice
    2 years ago
    I’ve noticed some of these places where weed is legal it’s still not allowed at the club. Not at my home club in Denver, though, that was where another dancer had me try out dabbing for the first time 😁
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Marijuana makes you stupid and dangerous. SJG
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Berenson says weed causes autism.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    ^ Living proof! lulz
    2 years ago
    Having someone stink up a place with second hand weed smoke is worse than having a dancer who hasn’t showered or washed the puss in several days sit on your lap. Maybe for once in your life realize that you share the planet with other humans and be considerate.
  • docsavage
    2 years ago
    It's completely illegal here in Indiana. Occasionally, I'll get a whiff of it as I'm walking through a strip club. When that happens, I always think of my college dorm forty years ago. It was used there commonly enough that I will always associate the smell of marijuana with my college dorm.
  • Leonard313
    2 years ago
    I think clubs in Michigan are no smoking indoors. Which, is odd that they smell so much like smoke given they are non-smoking. Interesting comments.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    ICEY, autism and mental illness are not central topics to Berenson. He is just repeating the concepts which come out of the medicalized environment in which he operates. His real message is that the COVID precautions and the so called vaccine are bullshit, and the marijuana is not benign. SJG Best of Acid Jazz and Funky Grooves [view link]
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    His while career was based on mental illness til covid came around
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Not so. He covered pharmaceutical industry for NYT. He is also an anti-marijuana spokes person. He echoes the concept of mental illness, but this is because he has never been shown that he should question it. SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion