tuscl

Travel Abroad - Where Is Somewhere You Want To Go But Never Will?

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Today, now more than ever international travel to certain places is not a good idea, who knows if it ever will be. Where are some places internationally you’d like to go but likely never will, due to your fear of safety or how possibly Americans (among other foreigners) are not viewed favorably?

For me, my grandfather came from Eastern Europe (previously under USSR influence) and I always wanted to go there. I know several people here, that grew up there and they have said do not go, it’s too shitty and you’ll be miserable. That was before all this drama.

Exploring China would be cool, but probably too many issues to cross.

Guess I’ll just keep Japan and New Zealand on my bucket list. I can pull those off with no issues with the exception of the long ass flight.

63 comments

• wallanon
    3 years ago
    "due to your fear of safety or how possibly Americans (among other foreigners) are not viewed favorably?"

I don't know that there's any place I wouldn't go because of that. I've been to a couple of places in Eastern Europe, and posted reviews about some of the clubs I saw there. But as the OP said it's a little crazy trying travel internationally these days.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Traveling can be cheap. Time to do it is the problem.
  • Lone_Wolf
    3 years ago
    Pattaya
  • doctorevil
    3 years ago
    I would like to go to Egypt and see the pyramids. But that part of the world is so fucked up now, and likely to remain fucked up, that I’ll probably never make it before I die.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    You look at the list of stuff to explore you start to realize we just don't live long enough to see it all. Probably the African continent, too much political instability throughout, looks like beautiful place though. China's a good one too.

America took forever to see, and there's still stuff left to see, but I would like to focus on hitting Europe this decade if I can but this shit is hard though, you got to have the time off, you got have the money, not have a pandemic going on shutting air travel down.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Hong Kong. Even if I eventually make it, it won’t be the same Hong Kong as five years ago.

Egypt.

On the plus side, I’ve managed to visit 25 countries so far. So, plenty of memories.
  • Species
    3 years ago
    I was really wanting to go yo Ukraine 2 weeks ago. Now? Not so much.
  • jackslash
    3 years ago
    I booked a trip to Moscow in June. I will probably cancel.
  • Mate27
    3 years ago
    To NinaBambina and Poledancer. Both have been pricked more than a pin cushion.
  • Leonard313
    3 years ago
    Egypt.

Pyramids would be cool to see in person...right up until a Jihadist kidnaps and cuts your head off and makes a Tiki's Tok video of it. I mean, the pyramids aren't "that" cool.

Pattaya

The problem is...there's no way to sell Pattaya or Thailand to your friends and family other than to just admit you're going to a foreign country to bang chicks. Nobody is going to believe you want to visit Thailand to see a museum or something. You just gotta come clean about it and admit you're a pervert.

• Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    If we're talking places with hot women.... Ethiopia or Somalia. Beautiful women nature history great food but fucked up politics and dangerous. plus lacking infrastructure were used to
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    To NinaBambina and Poledancer. Both have been pricked more than a pin cushion.
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    "To NinaBambina and Poledancer. Both have been pricked more than a pin cushion."

Lol, I actually don't like needles.
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    Ukraine and Ethiopia. Maybe some day.

Meat, at least you admit you'd want to come to me. You've always been one of my top admirers here. Unfortunately for you I have a boyfriend... and standards.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    ^She's had more dick in her than a urinal.

The only standards she needs is that you have no standards or self-respect.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Antarctica. There seems to be a distinct lack of all-inclusive resorts and infrastructure.
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    "^She's had more dick in her than a urinal.

The only standards she needs is that you have no standards or self-respect."

Poledancer doesn't even post here anymore so it's pretty rude to keep discussing her.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    You pay hookers and try to put Nina down calling her a hoe.

🤡
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    These dudes couldn't fuck me if they took out another mortgage on their homes to finance it and still have the most to say. I live in their minds rent free in a beach front mansion.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Anything near Russia--former USSR or nearby Middle East--gets an asterisk right now. Only ones on my list in that area that I'd feel safe going to are Romania and Czech.

I'd love to go back to Israel but wouldn't without a local.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Czech is an adjective. The country is called czechia or the czech Republic lulz and neither it nor Romania have ever been part of the ussr
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    People from there call it Czech for short and save the syllables. And have a solid fear of your boy Putin.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    They don't. They call it čechy or česko.
  • Mate27
    3 years ago
    Nina’s always had a huge inferior complex. It’s why she’s historically had to self edify her means to make up for the lack of what she has. In other words, she’s psycho and we all know that guys are wired to fuck, but the more intelligent yiu are the more you realize to stay away from crazy.

Show me a hot woman, and I’ll show you someone tired of fucking her. My guess is Nina’s boyfriend is about to experience this well known statement soon. Especially after he tires of hearing her brag about herself so much. Hell we get tired of it in this website, I can only imagine how it’d be if you were actually dating that! Yawn…. Rinse and repeat is Nina’s MO to self aggrandize to cover for her inferiority complex.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    "They don't. They call it čechy or česko."

WTF you talking about. They call it Czech when speaking to English speakers.
    Just like no one at my German company has ever told me "don't call it Germany, it's Deutschland." That just makes one sound like a prick.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Perhaps if they don't speak English well. Are you pretending to be a Czech person with poor English language skills? Čechy would refer to Czech lands so it would be a mis translation. The English terms are Czechia and Czech Republic.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    “The country is called czechia or the czech Republic lulz and neither it nor Romania have ever been part of the ussr”

Funny, I was in Prague on the 25th anniversary of their independence from the USSR. It was quite a party.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    It was never part of the USSR.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    The Czech Republic was part of Czechoslovakia a country to the west of the USSR

Fucking idiot
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Holding off of international travel due to:

1. Civil unrest happening worldwide at the moment
    2. Not going to leave my dog behind
    3. Not wanting to be *too* far from my parents

I plan to do more of that kind of thing in like 10-20 years

• NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    While meat72 continues his plans to visit me although I want nothing to do with that particular stalker of mine, I'd like to add another place to my list: the moon.

It would be so awesome to be on the moon looking back at Earth.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Easy one. Zermatt, Switzerland. 220 miles of the best skiing on earth and it's on the Swiss? Italian border so you can ski in 2 countries. It was just added to our ski pass so Feb. 2023 is the goal, unless ..................
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ I know a place Cacaplop will never venture to. A woman's vagina.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    ^
    Stop trolling tetraplop
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    The former Yugoslavia is supposed to be gorgeous. But that movie about the pilot that was shot down scares me from going there
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    I know a place Icee will never venture to. A high school graduation ceremony.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    @Motorhead, heard great things about Croatia. Mediterranean climate without France/Italy pricing. Gorgeous women, civvie and P4P. Lots of "laptop lifestyle" folks. Better get there before they spoil it.
  • FishHawk
    3 years ago
    I have been to Europe and Africa. Two places I would like to visit would be Cuba and New Zealand.
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    Antarctica and the north pole are not on my bucket list.
  • McNaffles
    3 years ago
    If its on safety grounds and somewhere I'd wanted to go; probably its Iran ... looking highly unlikely.
    Central America had some interest too, but north of Costa Rica maybe not such a good idea these days.
    I'm heading back to southern africa soon for first time in three years, should make a welcome change for a few days.
    3 years ago
    Cuba, Columbia and Croatia. Book on a swingers cruise with wifey this august assuming Putin doesn’t fuck things up too bad.

Don’t be scared of a couple of serious stories. The world is an awesome place and you will die before things get 100% safe. But things aren’t that safe at home either so take your chances. I’ve been to Isreal (amazing) Egypt (ditto) Thailand (completely amazing) and South America (Argentina f’ing amazing, check out Iguazu falls) in the last two years. Covid makes things a bit harder but that is diminishing.

Don’t be a shrinking violet, get out there and travel!!
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    I know a dude who went to Phuket on his honeymoon with his new wife. I told him he was fuckin nuts to spend that much (some ultra-fancy resort) and sit that long on a goddamn plane, just to screw his wife and look at some pretty beaches. Could do the same thing with a two hour flight to Bermuda. What an idiot. Anyway his wife is hot as fuck, but still, why go there when you can't partake in the best part?
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Phuket is a popular honeymoon destination. They like the beaches and elephants

Id want a honeymoon in Hawaii or jamaica

• NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    Meat72 - you can go, stalker.

You're STILL upset about that time you tried to buy a house from and couldn't get approved for financing.
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    It was a waste of my time old man, I only work with pre qualified buyers. Stay mad in that little $500/month studio apartment you sad you dreamed of someday leaving.
  • chimera422
    3 years ago
    Want go to, but won’t……

Anywhere in Africa, Asia or Europe east of Germany.

Lots of places I’d like to see, but a large chunk of the world is not a safe place rn
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    I've been wanting to go to Ukraine and spend a month or something. Specifically Odessa where a lot of my family hails from. Yeah this ain't happening anytime soon. That part of the world is fucked in so many ways on a good day in a good year now it is just more fucked up than usual.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I would love to travel to Eastern Europe (I loved Berlin, and I know there’s so much more to explore going east), and certain Asian countries, and I’d love to see Brazil (especially Rio). Those trips will need to wait, for likely many years.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    After 4 years in the USAF and 42 years with a major US air line and being 80 years old, I am a home boy. Still have my travel privilege's but haven't stepped on an air plane since I retired 12 years ago.
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    No idea which part my great grandparents came from, but Ukraine would have been awesome.

Middle east, as well... specially Egypt, Israel, Jordan.

Photo safari in the Serengeti

Instead... I'll probably just stick with the eventual trip to Ireland, Northern Ireland, and Scotland.
  • trpterp
    3 years ago
    Morocco or Tunisia just to say I've been to the African Continent. It looks somewhat feasible from Sicily, if I were to ever return to Italy. But it's unlikely to ever happen.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    FKK's in Germany. They sound like Heavon on Earth. But I just dont' see myself ever being able to pull that trip off. The wife is just not going to understand why I need to go to Germany without her.
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    I'd love to go on an African wildlife safari trip but I am not sure that will happen, lol.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    @blah, there's Kruger in South Africa (I might be returning this summer), and Kenya and Tanzania, which are relatively stable.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Some African countries are really safe. Like Botswana or Swaziland. Mozambique has beautiful beaches and some of the best seafood in the world.

• EndlessSummer
    3 years ago
    Having long ago been bitten by the travel bug, I don't think there's anywhere I wouldn't go, under the right circumstances or with the right company.
    (And, even with all the travel I've done, I haven't been to a fraction of the places I'd like to.)
    Obviously, the exceptions to that are areas where there is active fire or war- torn remnants. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Mate27
    3 years ago
    Nina, I’m sure you haven’t worked with all cash buyers, because your main clientele are first time buyers looking to afford an entry level condo with seller assistance on all closing costs. Your response projects that’s what market you work with, so I’ll keep it simple. Why would anyone who claimed to have excellent grades at top notch schools and was working in their law degree for the end result to get their JD, all of a sudden resort to working at a dive club in Ohio and sell real estate on the side?

The answer: Nina’s full of more shot than MackTruck dumping a load in someone’s basement!

Nina, even you can’t bullshit your way out of this purported great life yiu lead, self aggrandizing your life in order to make up for deficiencies in your career choices. Go back to doing extras in Detroit. Oh that’s right, you keep telling the lie that you e never had to resort to doing extras in an extras laden environment. You’d make a great Nazi, Nina.
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    "because your main clientele are first time buyers looking to afford an entry level condo with seller assistance on all closing costs."

No, that was just you, and was precisely the reason you got turned down. Then you found out I wouldn't fuck you. That you got turned down by me twice is the reason you stalk me here.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Meat has a vivid imagination about everyone here 🤡

But the sick fuck claims his family is just like sjgs organization...a sex cult
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    I've known about Botswana for some time but didn't know about the other ones, thanks.
  • From978
    3 years ago
    @Blah:. Definitely take that safari. I worked in Nairobi for a while and took a weekend off to go to Masai Mara. It's definitely amazing. Sleeping in a tent with the lions outside sounds like adventure, but keep in mind that Kenyans have been in the eco-tourism business for a hundred years. You'll be safer than you would in most American cities.
  • CandymanOfProvidence
    3 years ago
    The public toilets of the ancient Roman Empire
  • CandymanOfProvidence
    3 years ago
    When visiting I suggest you a take a ride on the Cleveland Steamer.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion