tuscl

Short reviews

GrayFox
Here we go again
Wednesday, January 12, 2022 3:15 PM
I know this has been discussed before but why are there reviews that are a couple of lined saying nothing getting approved?

some are nothing but where the club is and that's it.

40 comments

• Tetradon
    3 years ago
    I think some people mindlessly approve everything. I wouldn't mind more restrictions on who can approve.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    Another alternative to raise the bar would be to require a supermajority to approve. Instead of the current 4-3 approval, make it 5-2 or 5-3.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    There's several profiles that approve everything (looking at you dickydoo2). If you post a review when a critical mass of those guys are online, pretty much everything will be approved.

Note that this thread will be quickly followed by another complaining that the "review Nazis" make it impossible to get a review approved.
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    Before review approval I remember a review that was something like "Club has cheap beer and cheap women that will suck your dick. My favorite club."
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    People want to complain about reviewers having standards, fuck them. The complainers are the ones who want to freeload.

No one has a right to read reviews for free. Either pay Founder or contribute worthwhile content to keep the site going. This is not a charity.
  • herbtcat
    3 years ago
    Approvers should practice some level of self-discipline and consistent criteria for evaluating a review.

First - I only approve or decline reviews for clubs I've been to and know fairly well. I don't feel qualified to assess the specifics of a review if I don't have actual experience.
    Next - For those I will evaluate, I judge on two criteria:
    1. Quality (and accuracy) of the information: Does the review contain useful info that will help others?
    2. Clarity/Format: Is the review written well enough that it is easy to understand and allows/helps the reader to make a decision about the club?

Of course, there are certain auto-rejects like naming a dancer that provides ITC or OTC extras.

But that's me. Since I rarely write club reviews (here) I'm not concerned much by what the rest of you do.
  • minnow
    3 years ago
    T-don & CMI +1. The vocal complainers seem indignant that they (or their circle jerk SEA, NJ, or PHX buds didn't get a 7 - 0 vote). Should a min effort 8 liner be conferred the same privileges as someone putting forth much more details ?
  • Dolfan
    3 years ago
    Would be interesting also to see which reviews someone has approved and which ones they voted to reject that were approved anyway.

But yeah, there's people who bitch both ways. Which I guess is an indication that the current system is working as well as can be expected.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ Details on the club layout are optional. Details on the girls, quality of dances, and services are mandatory. Most rejections are for that.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ I meant what _I_ look for.

By services I mean level of contact. Connecting girls by name to extras is never acceptable. Use a euphemism of your choice (and Billy Joel and Frank Sinatra don't count).
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    Here is a complete review up for approval. Let's see if it gets approved:

"The girls were a little rude but eh. I had a few hundred that I wanted to spend on one specific dancer but she consistently passed me because I was a female I’m assuming. I even smiled at her with the money in hand and she kept walking. Her loss."
  • GrayFox
    3 years ago
    if Not enough detail wasn't a reason to disallow a review then why is it the first reason listed??? just asking as i like details about a club before i enter the club
  • joewebber
    3 years ago
    another recent review for approval:

Not too impressive
    No beers on tap but the women were beautiful. Went in on Saturday night and was hardly approached by any of women working. Drinks were Al title overpriced and as stated previously nothing on tap. Will try it again to see if assessement was fair. Also why do I have to type such a detailed message?

• Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ I answered something like because short, uninformative reviews clutter up the board.

Someone wants a free month of VIP. Write a real fucking review, pay Founder, or shut the fuck up.

This is not a charity.
  • joewebber
    3 years ago
    and this gem was up for review this a.m. :

Come here!
    amazing time!!!! love it. And it's by the water! Only outside seating. Cash and credit accepted!And it's by the water! Only outside seating. Cash and credit accepted!And it's by the water! Only outside seating. Cash and credit accepted!

And it's by the water! Only outside seating. Cash and credit accepted!And it's by the water! Only outside seating. Cash and credit accepted!And it's by the water! Only outside seating. Cash and credit accepted!And it's by the water! Only outside seating. Cash and credit accepted!And it's by the water! Only outside seating. Cash and credit accepted!And it's by the water! Only outside seating. Cash and credit accepted!And it's by the water! Only outside seating. Cash and credit accepted!And it's by the water! Only outside seating. Cash and credit accepted!
  • Dan3635
    3 years ago
    If there hasn’t been a review for a year or two, I’m willing to approve a short review that covers the basics on cover charge, drink price, lap price and general quality of dancers. Not every review will include VIP prices because some guys don’t ask. Also, since the pandemic a review indicates the club is somewhat active.

It would be great to have a clearer standard on how to talk about the quality of the dancers. They move around from club to club so much, but each club seems to attract a type. It’s a mystery.
  • minnow
    3 years ago
    jw- That review didn't have "Good Craic" so I rejected it.
  • EastCoaster
    3 years ago
    And how's this for an article that was recently submitted for approval:

_____
    Best clubs in NJ [title]

Best clubs in NJ

Go Go is the best by far followed by XXX21
    _____

This was the entirety of what was submitted. Think I should approve it?
  • joewebber
    3 years ago
    today's review:

Friday evening visit
    I went there on Friday night with my friend. There was no cover fee before 7pm. We had to buy a water bottle for $7.00. Only two girls working that evening. One girl was on the stage and one girl was sitting. The girl on the stage was below average and chubby. I have to go back on Saturday to see more talent.
  • joewebber
    3 years ago
    and this morning's submission for a club in the southeast:

Whoa! You should visit!
    Very dope place, great atmosphere and quality dancers. If you’re looking for a good place this is it! Had a great time and great conversation.Price was right and the ladies were lovely. Would definitely go back! Jenny from the block was the best!

People were chill and the drinks flowing. The DJ was on point and the mood was care free. Pool tables, tv’s, and titties who could be mad. Bartender was nice and energetic.
  • joewebber
    3 years ago
    this was today's reject review:

Good for the money
    Went here to kill time before I picked up a friend at the airport. Drinks were good. Bartender was friendly. Girls were hot. Spent time with Destiny bought her a couple of drinks had a couple of dances it was chill. Didn't really feel pressured, she was good at her job felt more like hanging out with someone than paying for their time. I'd go back again when I'm in the area.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    ^ yeah - I saw that one - basically a review that can be written w/o ever having stepped-foot in the club - that's why it's good to have a voting-system so POS reviews like this don't water-down the reviews for a club to where it makes it harder to find good club info b/c one has to wade thru a whole bunch of POS reviews - the free TUSCL-VIP offer entices many leeches to write POS reviews just to get free VIP
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    A review just popped-up in the Unpublished list where the gist of the review was that he had not visited the club since before the shutdown but that he *was* planning on visiting again at some point
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    ^^ Lol, Just saw your post Papi and that review was still unpublished. Hopefully my downvote got rid of it. That guy's an asshole.

There are some reviews that are very poorly written or don't offer much value, but worth the time to give some constructive criticism and maybe they resubmit a better version. The one you mentioned was clearly just some fuckin jerk screwing around.
  • EastCoaster
    3 years ago
    I just downvoted it, too. Thanks for the heads-up, Papi.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    I just rejected this one.

Was there right before Covid, early on a Saturday evening. Nice setup, looks like an old vaudeville / movie house. Large bar and seating area with TVs to watch sports along with the featured entertainment. Girls were attractive and enjoyed talking / flirting with them as it was still early. Got a couple dances, which were pretty standard. Overall, enjoyable place to stop in if you happen to be rolling through that neck of the woods.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    This is probably the same jerkoff, this time with a twist... pretends to be a dancer thinking we all have a sweet spot. It's in unpublished articles:

69xox__
    hello! i’m a dancer working at multiple locations in New England & will be heading to the west coast at the end of December for 4-6 months. my handle on insta is the same as here! this is the first article i made as i just got on this site today but i will be posting articles regularly discussing topics relating to the dancer world.
    this time i’m just saying hiiii ♥️♥️
  • joewebber
    3 years ago
    this gem showed up tonight. note: he is reviewing a club he's never been to.

Great Times
    I never been here yet . But I hear it's a good strip club to get dances n enjoy ya self . Relaxing Atomopshere . Fun time. Drink Specials. Check out. Ladies are absolutely gorgeous . Bartenders are nice and friendly . I'm going tomorrow for job hopefully I like it . Something different away from home.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    ^ what a masterpiece (of shift)
  • RockAllNight
    3 years ago
    I just rejected the review from the guy who said he had never been to the club but would go tomorrow.

Earlier today, rejected the article from the alleged New England dancer heading to CA ten months from now. Hard to find a stripper who knows what she’s doing 10 minutes from now, but this one had December already planned.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    I've rejected 2 out of 3 this last 30 minutes. Guess they are not reading the guidelines. Just rushing to get that VIP credit.
  • joewebber
    3 years ago
    today's gem--

A little sketchy
    The club hasn’t changed that much overall. Parking is a little sketchy and the people outside can make you nervous carrying big bills in. Take an Uber is advisable. Inside the club is dark and the women are mostly 5’s at best. The lap dance couches are not too comfortable and this place sort of had an eerie vibe. Probably won’t go back.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Guys, time to take a quick break from the Ukraine arguments... the Unpublished Reviews section is full of some real garbage that needs to be squashed. There are some good ones there too, but I just rejected four that looked like some troll wrote them.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Seems the weekends, often late at night, there are a lot of shitty short reviews - I assume leeches trying to get the free VIP to read reviews on clubs.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Today's Pulitzer review of Landing Strip in Austin

######################
    After a long stint of not going to clubs I finally decided to give it another go. I ended up going in later in the evening. The place was busy but not overly busy. The women were mostly average and slightly above average with an occasional hottie. Had a few dances which were good and enjoyed watching the stage. Overall a good expierience and will attend again.
    ######################

So after a "long stint of not clubbing" this is the only crap he can write - what a freeloading douche
  • EastCoaster
    3 years ago
    Then there's this one, which I just rejected:

Got me well
    Thsi was a great place. The girls were so attentive and even let me kiss and suck on their tits. All for $50!!
    Ghar ka maalik/ruler-
    - aapko ruler pasand hay/walid naheen hai idhar, toh jehsa bhi chaahthi hein woheen karti hein, aur aapko kabhi pasnad naheen atha itna
    - matlab kay har chees pay condition (jehse tab ghar ka renovation) (aabhi tak bathroom naheen khola hai aur hum patience seh intoxaar khar rahein hai maheeno say; aapko garage done chehye tha pechlay hafta final tab Abu kho aaramse karna tha)
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    There is a minimum length before a review will even be accepted for consideration. Not sure what that amount is but it is obvious that some reviews have had to add meaningless words, characters, etc to meet that minimum requirement. Also they don't read the review guidelines.
  • Dolfan
    3 years ago
    I just rejected the same one as EastCoster, it was for a local club in south Florida.

I guess I can partially understand some peoples confusion, google/yelp/amazon all take pretty weak reviews and publish them. I don't know of anyplace else that has this sort of review process for reviews.
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    I think people that pad with gibberish do not get the concept that the review can be rejected.

My comment might not be long enough.My comment might not be long enough.My comment might not be long enough.My comment might not be long enough.My comment might not be long enough.My comment might not be long enough.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    "... google/yelp/amazon all take pretty weak reviews and publish them. I don't know of anyplace else that has this sort of review process for reviews ..."

For most of TUSCL's existence there was no approval process and everything meeting the auto-minimum-length would get published - many of the TUSCL regulars were fed up with it and asked Founder to do something about it and thus the approval process came about.

I assumed people adding gibberish to make a shitty review long enough did it bc one could get away with it in the past but it's been a few years since that so most likely not the reason for the current gibberish-added reviews.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion