tuscl

Great strip clubs of only 4 years ago that fell off

Friday, November 19, 2021 8:35 AM
I think it's weird to see some strip clubs we're always being talked about on here are like afterthought now, some even because they don't exist anymore but ones that come to mind... 1. Hi-Liter-This was such popular club on here. I guess they reconfigured, got rid of those booths on the left and it all went to shit. I don't know how it is now haven't been in a couple years but it probably isn't in the running for greatest strip club in America anymore. 2. Tootsies- This might be a little dramatic but reviews seem to indicate that the heyday was a few years ago. I've been a few times and I felt like it was let down based on expectations. I don't think it's thought of in the same way as say 2016, 2017 or so. 3. Follies for obvious reasons. It's such a shame this seemed to be a heavy shoulders top strip club on here and you guys always had a bunch meet ups there. I kick myself for never getting to go. Shoulda got my ass down there when I had the chance. 4. Flight Club probably not a shitty club yet but it looks like it's not going in the right direction. Seems like it's get pricey based on reviews. I don't know when I see one of these hardcore card carrying FC regulars like Jackslash say he mainly goes to Landing strip now that's probably not a good sign. Technically I have been here but got rejected in the parking lot because of my t shirt wasn't up to snuff apparently. 5. Platinum Plus in Columbia, SC. Another for obvious reasons, I guess it had a fire, closed down and was sold in '18. Hearing Shadowcat stories making a 3 hour commute there and and then 3 hours back, this must've been a hell of a club. When I joined this site these would all be in the top 10 of TUSCL recommended strip clubs, maybe even all in the top 5. Now would you say that? Maybe not, I don't know. Maybe it's just a lull before a peak for some of them. Places seem to still holding strong it seems are SRCOI, SYNNCOI, Desire, and Playhouse lounge. I'd be interested to see what strip clubs are the next SPOTS for the 2020's for ITC. Whatever happens going forward it seems like the last few years have been a passing of the guard moment in the strip club world.

26 comments

• Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    This site isn't a good indicator of what clubs are popular or anything about clubs really. Most guys don't go looking for bargain hookers
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    2 things killed the Columbia Platinum Plus. First it was sold to Deja VU which are notorious for low mileage. After the mysterious fire I doubt that they could get a building permit because of zoning laws. A church was right across the street.
  • Boss Hogg
    3 years ago
    Tootsies is still a great club in that it is large, it arguably has the hottest dancers in the area, and a lot of dancers. You will see some actual pole work unlike most clubs. My biggest criticism is that the lap dances aren't what they used to be. You used to be able to get some pretty good dances there. Now it seems that the only purpose of dances is to upsell you to a very expensive trip to the champaign room.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I think strip clubs are similar to restaurants and places of entertainment, most have a shelf life, until something else comes along. There are very few restaurants that last past a half dozen years. But there are a few that become classics, times change trends and fashions change, it’s no different with strip clubs.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    The former Inner Room Cabaret went from us changing our golf trip location to be closer to it, to a never go again club in just 5 years.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    The current Synn COI reviews don't seem as good as pre-Covid - doesn't seem the club is at the same pre-Covid levels.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Starz and King Henry VIII were popular black clubs in Gardena - Starz shut down around 2019, and King Henry seems didn't open back up post-Covid shutdown.
  • SirLapdancealot
    3 years ago
    Portland's Rose City Strip has been a recent loss of a good club. It had a rock/alt vibe, the layout was great, lapdances were always high mileage, and most importantly the strippers were hot on any shift. One of my favorite clubs of all time. RIP. 😢
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    I'm gonna have to agree with Muddy on Tootsie's. I went about two months ago and was majorly disappointed with the talent level. Granted, I went during the day. But dayshift used to be very good. On my last visit, I left after about 30 minutes because I didn't see any girls that interested me. Maybe it's still good at night.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Tootsie's has become very disappointing, as have many of the Miami clubs, you can do better in Pompano these days, they have four of the better clubs in South Florida and a couple of dive clubs that are pretty active.
  • jackslash
    3 years ago
    Penthouse Club was a great place until the City of Detroit shut it down. Some of the problems with the Flight Club, I think, are a result of the Penthouse being shut. Those clubs used to be in competition as the best high end clubs with the best looking girls. Now the Flight Club can raise prices and provide poorer service, and customers don't have a good alternative.
  • Bharlem
    3 years ago
    Can you do a reverse? Shitty stripclubs that are now becoming good.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    Agree with Jack, PHC Detroit is where I learned about extras. Other formerly great clubs: Mons Venus Cheetah Las Vegas Crazy Horse Too Las Vegas Players Club/Wagon Wheel Baltimore Solid Gold Ft. Lauderdale Treasures Houston
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    ^I think post CoVid we are all trying to figure that out. It’s a little harder because the reviews won’t point you there, you gotta take a leap. *head and shoulders for Follies
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    ^That was to Bharlem And what about the Coliseum maybe too and Jimmy Treasures that a good one I totally forgot
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    —>“Can you do a reverse? Shitty stripclubs that are now becoming good.” I’ve had a couple of IRL conversations with individuals from this site before. They have talked about that with certain clubs, while they wouldn’t lie about their feelings, if they believe if a club or area is really *that* good they are going to downplay it. Essentially, avoid getting a place blown up and deal with raids and the like coming in like what ends up happening in a lot of towns after they turn into hotspots. Makes sense to me. A lot of dancers downplay clubs they like if it’s not in “known” places like Vegas, Dallas, Tampa, etc for similar reasons
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    And yeah I was going to hit inner room on the way back from Daytona to Miami until I remembered ski on here talking about it ain’t the same. I club I used to be a regular at, Red Parrot, I’d like to see more recent reviews on it but it sounds like they got new ownership and the free for all days are over. I hope it’s not true, it used to be the most open, least private full service spot you will ever see but for some reason the vibe just worked and it wasn’t awkward. You could look to your left and right and see everybody getting some. Are we in America right now? Wild times sad it might be over.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Clubs based on tusclers viewpoints that appear to be on an uptick based on recent vs old reviews: [view link] [view link] Hoping the first club I linked to doesn’t get too much blown up and even more aggressive with mileage brags, despite Minnesota people already talking about going there specifically for that. Lodging over that way is way less than I can get in the twin cities… Second club in the link feel free to blow it up with explicit gory details of what the Cubanas are getting into, since management over there annoys me anyways LOL
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    On behalf of the Jersey guys here, I've gotta add the old Bottoms Up in Irvington NJ (R.I.P.) to this list. The debauchery and wild shit that went on in that place included barside blowjobs, FRMOS that even SJG could never imagine, asshole customers beat up and chased out with baseball bats, and the famous "kitchen" lap dance room... some of the shit I've experienced in that kitchen I won't even mention on this thread! Bottoms Up and its long-time patrons (I first went there about 3 decades ago) were victims of a perfect storm. First shut down by Covid restrictions, soon after the owner (who is about 82 I think) had surgery for some unknown reason, and during his recovery he fell down a couple times, obviously not doing well. Before they closed he had been the central person running the place, still lugging cases of beer and barking orders at the dancers and bartenders... customers too - lol. There was no question who was the boss there! Pre-covid he literally worked 7 days a week. I can't remember a time I didn't see him there, unless it was early afternoon. He normally was there from about 6PM until closing. That business was his whole life. There was a rumor that a couple of employees wanted to re-open the place with either rent or some kind of vig paid to the owner, but he wasn't interested and put the building up for sale. What a shame. I hardly even bother going to other clubs that much anymore because nothing can compare to that place. It's like if you love filet mignon, and suddenly the only thing available is frozen hamburgers. You might eat one sometimes, but you're disappointed every fuckin' time. The only NJ places that could compare to Bottoms Up all closed years or decades ago. After Dark, Buns, Watch-A-Gogo, Emerald's... or in the relatively nearby South Bronx: Hunts Point Triangle, The Goat Bar (no, it wasn't some weird SJG homo stuff), and another place that was near the corner of Oak Point and Bryant in Hunts Point, but I can't remember the name. Bottoms Up was the last of the truly great ones, and Covid brought it down. Fuck those Kung Flu fucks.
  • docsavage
    3 years ago
    Harem House had the third highest number of reviews here in Indianapolis four years ago. It has been replaced in third place by Club Rio and dropped to number four but it is probably now below PT's, The Pony and Red Garter also. The long time owner died and someone who didn't know anything about running a strip club stepped in to replace him. Strippers there who came into contact with him told me was unfriendly acting towards them. The clubs compete with each other for the best girls so club owners and managers need to treat their best girls good. Harem House had five of their best girls go to Brad's, one to Dancers and one to the Pony and it really hurt Harem House to lose so many of their top girls. The club had been going through a slow decline because the surrounding area was but the club decline was hastened by the way it was run.
  • 8TM
    3 years ago
    I wasn’t a regular, but I enjoyed Penthouse more than Flight Club and my experience in Coliseum was pretty bad.
  • Lone_Wolf
    3 years ago
    Man, 4 or 5 years ago the HL was lit! They turned those booths around and it was game on! Even the floor dances were UHM. Everyone remember Butterfly? Holy shit. It was too good to last. Raids..the pandemic. A shell of itself now but still the best club in Phoenix. I really miss the peak but glad I was able to experience them.
  • goodyman
    3 years ago
    Yeah, this sight is a good indicator or xtra's. That's it.
  • minnow
    3 years ago
    J-Mac beat me to it. Based on Tuscl review volume, Mons Venus has slid compared to 2017. Pre pandemic, one could figure on a weekly (2wks tops) review submission on the Monz. Now, only 3 reviews from July on, last review over 4 wks. ago. @25- Interesting restaurant comment. It's not always a Johnny Come Lately eatery that shutters. Sometimes long standing restaurants sell out to commercial interests. The Colonnade Restaurant had been around since the 1930's, 3 generations of family owned and ran the scenic Bayshore Dr. property until 2016 when it was sold to developers for $6.5M. Sometimes, chains close 1 location and move to a more lucrative location. In 1 midwestern metro area, Outback Steakhouse moved from a strip mall, into a closed Sears Automotive Center in major mall ~ 5 miles away. Point of OT detour being that commercial interests can (and do) move in on a property that they want badly enough.
  • nickifree
    3 years ago
    Once rap/hip-hop took over these clubs they died out. Hip-hop would have been alright, but that hood-ass thug rap decimates everything it touches. I've been telling you guys this would happen for the last ten years. Hi-Liter was pretty good still, at least the dayshift was. Good that is at least to around just before the Pandemic. But yeah, even Bourbon street and certainly Christie's in Tempe went down just before the Pandemic.
  • Jacks4thson
    3 years ago
    Tootsies was still good when I was there last month. Sunday afternoon and lots of talent to pick from with no competition - would like to experience it on a Thursday or Friday. Hi Liters. Was there in June and visited I think 4 times looking for the Hi Liters I read about here. After 4 visits I concluded I would never need to go back!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion