tuscl

Dating in the 1950s through 1980s.

Icee Loco (asshole)
I'm a fucking loser
If you have personal experience what was it really like? Was it harder or easier to get laid?

I think it had to be easier before aids....and in the 1960s and 1970s.

I think dating today is just fucked up

29 comments

• docsavage
    3 years ago
    It would be hard to do a comparison. I was in my early twenties in the seventies. I would have to also be in my early twenties now or talk to a lot of guys in that age range now in order to make a mental comparison and then explain the differences.

I was pretty much average. Girls said I was "kind of cute" a few times but a lot of guys did better than me. My best friend then did much better than me. He told me one time his secret was that he dropped a girl if he wasn't getting anywhere with her and moved on to another one. I would get a crush on one and stick around and try to win her over if she wasn't immediately interested. Looking back, that was a bad idea. Guys who would tell younger girls what they wanted to hear would do better than more honest guys and I was a little too honest so that hurt me too.

I did better in my thirties, in spite of the appearance of AIDS in that time period, than in my twenties. Women my age were more interested in having sex with me as we both got older because as they got older they wanted a long term relationship more, had given up trying to get one with the top guys, and sex was a way to try to lure me into a long term relationship.
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    Asking about dating on a strip club website is like asking a group of Amish about their favorite TV shows
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    The span of time you're asking about encompasses a lot of societal change. Just the differences between the 1950s and the 1960s is pretty huge (though I'll admit that I wasn't dating age for either of those two decades).

The single biggest difference between that span of time and right now is online dating, dating apps, and social media in general. Even then, in terms of easier or harder ... who knows? I'm sure that for some dating is easier via apps, etc., but for others it has created a social hole that keeps them from going out and actually talking to people at all.

I'll be interested to hear what others have to say, but you might be overestimating the impact of the AIDS crisis. It certainly made some people more cautious about sex (and increased condom sales by orders of magnitude), but I'm not sure that it slowed dating that much. I also remember a lot of guys not changing their behaviors at all, because they thought it was something only gay men had to worry about, which was not strictly true.

• Mate27
    3 years ago
    Why would anyone who was around from this era give you information when all you have done us called these people geriatric trick clique? Plus you are always so righteous in the past why don’t you just tell us what it was like and cum up with your own conclusions.

By the way it’s the same them as it is now, I assume. Guys with a good rap or a good job get pussy, except if they’re pompous or ugly. Which one is icee the nigga?
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Thats interesting. I always pictured the past as more carefree.

I think my generation hasn't been taught to cope well. We weren't prepared for how fucked up the world is when we became adults. Pop culture the media the entertainment sector all present idealistic impressions of relations between the sexes but the opposite is true.

Sex is easy to get. But anything more is the hard part. Being toxic is normalized. Cheating is normalized when instant gratification isn't present.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    For once I agree with ICEE on something.

Half of online dating profiles are camgirls, cyber-beggars who list there Venmo or CashApp, or girls who expect to be showered with gifts because they have titties. I had this talk with a friend, the latter are a less-honest version of hookers.

I like Skibum's stories from dating before AIDS and rampant STDs.
  • datinman
    3 years ago
    I was a teenager in the 1970's. I loss my virginity at 13 and the next 7 years was a non-stop party. Unfortunately, Aids changed everything. This is something I previously wrote on the site.

The 70's:
    Girls wore halter tops and tube tops with their low rise hip huggers. Braless was in fashion.
    Birth control was free at County health departments and most girls were on the pill.
    STD's could be cured with a week long round of antibiotics.
    Girls equated feminism with sexual freedom and were still enjoying the sexual revolution.
    You could go to a party on a Saturday night and pretty much know you were going to get laid; usually with someone you just met.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    @Tetradon - Me too. Must be the first time I saw ICEE bring up something interesting.

Went to high school from 80 - 84. I was young having just turned 13 before starting 9th grade. Didn't get laid until senior year but that probably had less to do with the societal impact of HIV/AIDS than the fact I was high all the time and didn't really have good game. Went away to college in 1984, age 17. Still high, didn't really try that hard, but got laid a lot. Small private school where AIDS was still considered something that only affected homosexuals or heroin junkies.

If a weekend went by where I didn't have sex it was because I was drunk and passed out before I could get my pants off. You didn't even have to ask for it or have a game plan. It just happened all the time. I was a stoner and just an average looking dude but got more than my fair share of pussy. I can't even imagine what it must have been like for the captain of the football team.

I got kicked out of that school near the end of my first year. Had to move back with my parents, get a job, and start commuting to a local college. Not quite the environment I was used to, but still no complaints in the getting laid department.

The big difference back then vs. today is that there was no social media. Shit, we didn't even have cell phones or e-mail. I kept in touch with lots of people by hand written letters that were sent via the US Postal Service. Imagine that! But most everyday personal interactions, whether romantic pursuits or just hanging with 'da boys, was face-to-face. I think that caused people to develop more effective communication and interpersonal skills, which subsequently led to getting laid more.

I'd hate to be a kid growing up in today's world. If they're not miserable, it's only because they don't know what they're missing.
  • gSteph
    3 years ago
    ->> I was high all the time and didn't really have good game

Adding in some serious shyness and a wrong headed idea of niceness, and I missed out on ever having teenage sex. Fortunately soon after someone liked me and took me by the hand to their bedroom.

Naturally, I still remember and occasionally think of her.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ Much the same for me, plus Catholic guilt
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    I was in high school through law school from 1971-1982 - and most active between 1976-1988. I believe it was much easier to get laid back then for the following reasons: More alcohol focused; 18 year old drinking age; no technology meant many fake licenses; society was more open about having an "off" night; more privacy; fuck me friends were popular; we had no supervision. Living in a fraternity with free alcohol 3 days a week and a bar from 1 -5 am on weekends was icing on the cake. Every Thursday a sorority or girls dorm floor over for a party. The average was 6-8 different women a semester. The joke: What do you call a guy who bangs five girls in a semester? A fag.
  • WiseToo
    3 years ago
    Back in the early 1980's, any average looking guy could have all the sex he wanted in high school. He just had to be on some high school team, even a Tiddlywinks team would count. There was a lot of sex going on in the school van(s) and boy's locker room. That may be true today, too. I don't know. But back then, nothing was monitored and no one seemed to care.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Great insight....

I graduated in 2010. Dating was easy in high school. It was really shallow. If a girl thought you were cute she'd put out. If you got drunk or smoked a girl out you were guaranteed sex. But there were also a lot of couples who were together then and married right after high school. Many are still together. I pretty much tried to fuck as many girls as I could.

• san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Some of it will depend upon which segment of the population you are talking about. Few would really be able to draw broad generalizations.

SJG
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Yeah but I'm interested jn personal experiences.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ we know you have no personal experiences of your own
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Icey was probably that senior in high school who burned bridges with everyone in his graduating class by the time he got to that point, and he was hitting on every single freshman girl who was a recent transplant from elsewhere…😅

• twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ That fag is illiterate look at his posts have you ever seen one that had any coherence, spicey he never made any graduating class my best bet is he's a fifth grad school drop out bet he/she never got past the sixth grade.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Oh idk, might have gone to a school where a teacher or two was erasing answers on state required standardized tests and filling in the correct bubbles…just to get Icee to pass and get him out of there.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    lol
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Icey is a major ladies man. This comes across loud and clear.

SJG
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    sure by ladies you mean dick sucker right ?
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    25, come on, chill out.

SJG
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ Why SJG, Icee fag is the reason this board has become a shit fest more than any one else, he has been the most detrimental scumbag ever posting, as long as I've been here
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Icey ads more to this board, in terms of thinking, than anyone else.

SJG
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ really wow you are in need of an intervention even worse than I thought possible
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    When I have The Organization running and with lots of people, it will make a huge cultural impact.

SJG
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Nicespice... when I was in high school freshmen and older junior high girls loved me. But I only had serious shit with girls in my class. But fresh meat was always easy. Just tell em what they want to hear. I've matured though. And I played football for a while but got kicked off the team.
  • SJGTHREATENSWOMEN
    3 years ago
    ES JAY GEE
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion