tuscl

Best Villain of All Time

Wednesday, September 29, 2021 10:30 PM
I'm gonna try to resist the obvious Darth Vader because it's sort of a thread killer. I'm going with the Arnold Schwarzenegger's Terminator from Terminator (1984) and runner up I would probably go Agent Smith from the Matrix (1999) How about y'alls out there

64 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Used tmoviesh movies more back-in-the-day but can't say I was necessarily a huge-movie-buff One that comes to mind is the old-guy with the mustache in the old Clint Eastwood westerns
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Gotta go with either Jack Nicholson's Joker or Anthony Hopkins Hannibal Lechter Female villianess it's gotta be Louise Fletcher as Nurse Rached or Kathy Bates as Annie Wilkes in Misery
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    @Papi that would be lee Van Cleef as Angel Eyes
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    Hans Gruber in Die Hard There could be a category by itself for Bond Villains Auric Goldfinger is the most memorable even though Blofeld might be more “villainous”
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    SJG
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    I have 2 off the wall: Denzel Washington in TRAINING DAY. The bad guy in the movie EQUALIZER also with Denzel Washington. His name is Marton Csokas.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Heath Ledger in the Dark Knight Helena Bonham Carter when she played Bellatrix Lestrange in the Harry Potter movies Agree with the Training Day and Cookoo Nest characters already mentioned as well
  • kilgoretrout12
    3 years ago
    The remorseless Killing of your own henchmen is of course de riguer. See Bane, Joker, Zorin, and just about every batman/007 villain going.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Ayn Rand
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    Jack Nicholson as the Joker was so bad ass. Did anybody ever watch season 2 of Fargo? Mike Flanagan played by Bokeem Woodbine was fucking awesome. Christopher Walken has a really short appearance in Quentin Tarantino's best movie (TRUE ROMANCE), but he was fantastic.
  • TFP
    3 years ago
    I liked Shailynn's reference of Denzel in Training Day. Along those same lines, I gotta go with Gerard Butler in Law Abiding Citizen. Dude went full psycho on everyone involved in his family's death.
  • rattdog
    3 years ago
    tommy lee jones in under siege. the head bank robber in killing zoe. the maniac killer in boondock saints. chains in stone cold (brian bosworth movie). bryan cranston in breaking bad. malcolm mcdowell in a clockwork orange. michael chiklis in the shield. al pacino scarface.
  • Huntsman
    3 years ago
    Hopkins as Hannibal Lechter for men. Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction for best female villain.
  • SanchoRG
    3 years ago
    Pennywise the clown (V1)
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    Not sure I co
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    Can a lack of an edit button count as a villain?? Not sure I could pick just one. Heath Ledger as the Joker Javier Bardem's character in No Country for Old Men Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter Cathy Bates in Misery Robert Englund as Freddy Krueger Malcolm McDowell's character in A Clockwork Orange Denzel Washington in Training Day
  • pistola
    3 years ago
    Anton from No Country For Old Men.
  • minnow
    3 years ago
    I'll go with Indio character in spaghetti western "For A few Dollars More", played by Jean Marie Volante.( yes, that's his name). Lee Van Cleef plays the good guy dressed in black, teaming up with Clint Eastwood to catch Indio. So many good scenes in that one, with the final duel being a classic. I'll give Christopher Walken honorable mention for his role in "True Romance", and as Bond Villian in "View To A Kill."
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    thought of two more - like kilgoretrout12 mentioned, when these characters killed their own henchmen, they are on another level of crazy - and both these characters did that: Gary Oldman in Leon: The Professional Tchéky Karyo in Kiss the Dragon both these guys were playing corrupt cops, go figure!
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    Some really good ones so far. I’ll add: Ramsey Bolton (made Theon Greyjoy the good guy) Phil Leotardo John Malkovich’s character in In the Line of Fire
  • datinman
    3 years ago
    Laurence Olivier as a Nazi dentist in Marathon Man. That scene still haunts me twice a year when I get my cleanings.
  • TFP
    3 years ago
    Most of the movies listed are fiction, not sure if we can include biopics. But if so, I'm gonna say Laurence Fishburne's portrayal of Ike Turner in What's Love got to do with it. Damn, he played that role so well it was hard to see him as a good guy in any movie after that.
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    Been thinking about this some more, really good call on Javier Bardem in No Country for Old Men. Gotta add Kevin Space in The Usual Suspects and Se7en. Edward Longshanks - Braveheart Everybody not played by Michael Douglas in Falling Down (he's the good guy, damn it!) The Irish priest in either season 3 or 4 of Peaky Blinders. That dude was ruthless.
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    Another really good villain: time. I get the feeling a lot of people haven't seen a movie called "Buried". That...is a mistake. [view link]
  • aham5
    3 years ago
    VADER Joker Thanos
  • chessmaster
    3 years ago
    Thanos
  • chessmaster
    3 years ago
    Other great villains Joker Magneto Vader The Monstars
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Charles Davis - he played Scorpio - the Villain in Dirty Harry - Most realistic psycho. Maureen McCormack who plays Rhoda in the original version of The Bad Seed - you know a character is evil when an entire movie theater applauds when a nine year old girl finally dies at the end. This is an old black and white movie and the character is evil personified; push an old lady down the stairs, lock the handyman in the basement and burn him alive etc.
  • gobstopper007
    3 years ago
    Kevin Spacey as John Doe in Seven The Tim Curry bad guy in Criminal Minds also as Richelieu in 3 Musketeers Norman Bates in Psycho
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I agree with Kevin Spacey in Seven, Denzel in Training Day, Arnold in The Terminator - all great performances as villains! I also agree with Kathy Bates in Misery. I have been watching the early seasons of a streaming series called Outlander - and there is a character Black Jack Randall - and the actor who plays the role is excellent in creating a character who appears to be a brutal sadist - and who is also a homosexual. There was a character in 8 mm who I remember as just awful - and who acted as though he enjoyed the act of killing the girls at the end of the snuff films.
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    Wait...nobody has mentioned the wicked witch? Go ahead and kill all the people you want. But threaten the "little dog, too", and it's on you ugly green mole-y bitch.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Talk about a bad guy how about Tony Soprano, his true colors revealed when he killed Tony Blundetto, and if that wasn't enough how about the cold blooded he killed his nephew Christopher in that car wreck.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Tim Roth’s character in the movie Rob Roy was a really interesting, detestable and believable villain
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    I don't think ppl like Bryan Cranston from Breaking Bad or Al Pacino from Scarface should count, they're main protagonists. Actually, I'll put Breaking Bad's antagonist villain Gus (Giancarlo Esposito) as a great villain.
  • mike710
    3 years ago
    For me Snidely Whiplash has the best villain look. [view link]
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    From Breaking Bad I think I the villain was that bitch of a wife. Holy cow I hated that character.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    This might be a bit obscure - but there was a movie with Kevin Bacon called Murder in the First. The prison warden was played by Gary Oldman and he is a true miserable villain. Some scenes from that movie are painful to watch. @JustintoLook - that dentist in the movie Marathon Man haunted me for years! “Is it safe?” Then hearing the dental drill! Omg!!
  • gobstopper007
    3 years ago
    Oldman was just sadistic. Think Cool Hand Luke warden pms’ing
    3 years ago
    sjg is the worst villain of tuscl
  • crosscheck
    3 years ago
    I always thought Clancy Brown was great as The Kurgan in the original Highlander. That was a great villain.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    3131 If it was the creepiest villain - SJG would get more than enough votes. His photos of TJ girls show how disturbed he has become. I’m sure he’s jerking off to the photos he posts.
  • TFP
    3 years ago
    @Nina Gus was a cold as villain! Nigga was just untouchable. Well, until Walt finally got him.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Rutger Hauer in the 1986 movie "The Hitcher" starring C Thomas Howel
  • loper
    3 years ago
    Joe Pesci in Goodfellas. No redeeming qualities.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    That is a really scary and disturbing movie! SJG
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    "I don't think ppl like Bryan Cranston from Breaking Bad or Al Pacino from Scarface should count, they're main protagonists." @NinaBambina, I agree, but... Michael Corleone ordering a hit on his own brother in Godfather 2? That is some cold blooded shit right there.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    Alright one more how about Aguirre in Aguirre the Wrath of God. Some Werner Herzog movie. Klaus Klinski being a lunatic in real life I think really adds a realness to it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Yosemite Sam
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Kevin Spacey carries the added qualification of not actually needing to be in front of a camera to be a bad guy.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    How about Gerard Butler in Law Abiding Citizen?
  • rattdog
    3 years ago
    eli wallach in the good. the bad and the ugly played a real good scuzzbag. female villian - glenn close fatal attraction
  • TFP
    3 years ago
    @misterorange I can see you haven't read the previous comments. But obviously I agree lol.
  • TxVegas
    3 years ago
    Kaiser Soze (kills his own family to make a point) Hanibal Lecter (just super creepy)
  • Chilli_Powdurr
    3 years ago
    my wifes boyfriend is a really mean villan.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    I'm going with the villains you cheer for: Heisenberg aka Walter White (Breaking Bad) Det. Vic Mackey (The Shield) Honorable mentions: Jackson Teller (Sons of Anarchy) Thanos (MCEU), because Josh Brolin portrayed him brilliantly as both the sympathetic visionary who sought to save the universe by killing half of it and sacrificing his own daughter in Infinity War, and an earlier version of the same character as the bloodthirsty narcissist who sought the same end without the sacrifice by remaking reality in his own image in Endgame.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Let's make believe there is an edit button, and overwrite my previous answers with the two most insidious villains of all time: Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    Wile E. Coyote!
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    ^ WTF? Wile E. Coyote was the good guy. That arrogant, taunting roadrunner was the real prick. That, and Acme and it's neverending list of failing products.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    ^yeah, I always cheered for Wile E. Coyote and Tom from Tom & Jerry.
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    Can't believe nobody has mentioned Daniel Larusso. What a horrible human being. [view link]
  • TheeOSU
    3 years ago
    "Michael Corleone ordering a hit on his own brother in Godfather 2? That is some cold blooded shit right there." The fact that his bro set up a failed hit on him made his choice for revenge a little easier. Anyway I scanned through this thread pretty quickly and Lecter's been mentioned a few times but at least he was charming and refined. I don't think that his fan Buffalo Bill who was just plain creepy was mentioned. Also re: Lecter, his other fan in the Michael Mann film Manhunter was pretty vile in his own right.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    loped - Pesci in Goodfellas was a good villain - but he had a redeeming quality - he was funny !
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    Speaking of the Road Runner - and Wyle E. Coyote. I still avoid shopping at Acme stores! If that company couldn’t get its explosives to work properly - I’m not taking a chance with anything they sell!
  • DeclineToState
    3 years ago
    Most of the good ones are taken, so I’ll add that twat Prince/King Geoffrey in Game of Thrones. And as an aside, best roadrunner episode: “Wile E Coyote, Super Genius. I like the sound of that. Wile E Coyote, Sooopperr Genius.”
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion