tuscl

Strippers making more $$$ in one night than most people do in a week

TheEckster
Wanna go clubbing?
Saturday, September 11, 2021 4:21 AM
Some strippers be ballin. Straight up boss type ladies. Check out this TikTok I just came across. Video: [view link] These girls make bank! Let's say they make $300-$500 a night, that's like over $100K a year. It sure beats working a minimum wage job struggling.

77 comments

• mike710
    3 years ago
    The money you are talking about per night being a lot is relative I guess. The new "clean energy" jobs are supposed to pay $50 per hour.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    Yet most dancers don't seem to have that much to show for it. Always hard to know if they don't really know how much they make, exaggerate, or just spend it on stuff that gets used up or wears out quickly.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    Bottom line it makes sense that we really don't know. Makes sense to keep people you have to negotiate with in the dark about your financial situation.
  • ww
    3 years ago
    Fault in logic is the average stripper doesn’t make that amount every day/night nor work a shift on a daily basis. For the ones that do make “bank”, it further justifies taking a hiatus away from the club for long periods of time.
  • tempest666
    3 years ago
    I never go by what I see on social media. Anyone can build a Potemkin village online. And strippers are master architects at that.
  • BubbleYum
    3 years ago
    A lot of girls fake what they show on social media. There are girls I work with who will post stacks of money at the bank that they are trying to deposit. Clearly it's from multiple days, but they claim it's from one night. And they do the same where they post the money they made in one night, where it's a combination of multiple girls getting tipped on stage and then having to divide the tips. Someone will take a photo showing over $1,000 in singles and posted on social media to lead everyone to think it's all their money when it's not. A lot of the bragging you see from strippers on social media is fake and complete bullshit. They do it for clout and to make themselves seem and feel more superior to other dancers.
  • jackslash
    3 years ago
    Strippers can make a lot of money but they can't keep it. They spend it on big screen TVs and Hummers and drugs. They end up living in a cheap motel with their kids and their heroin addict boyfriend before they overdose.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Most don't work every night They pay house fees and tip outs They're in the negative as soon as they go to work. Picture going to work and paying $300 just to be there. You have to make that much just to break even. The money isn't stable. She can make bank or she can end up losing money. And social media is mostly fake. Clubs will even let girls pose with money as a way for them to recruit more girls. In exchange the dancer gets to make reservations for her own sections. Things like that. Clubs will use the Clubs money to make it rain to make it look like girls can make a lot. The point is to attract girls and make money off the house feestc. And a lot of times girls will show their weekly earnings to try to flex. Ones make it look like a lot. But there are good nights as well.
  • Adamxz
    3 years ago
    $300-500 isn’t even that much. I’ve average just under $1000 a shift and worked 43 shifts this year. So 40k. I personally have a small amount of money in an IRA. Stay off drugs, invest in your appearance, and don’t have bastard kids with a loser. I never found it feasible to work every day or my average would be down and I’d probably kill myself from having to interact with men like the ones on this board, and that’s not a figure of speech. I think I’d actually commit suicide, the customers are so insufferable, and I’m not even doing sex acts with them like other dancers. Gross.
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    Did y’all ever watch the movie “Rounders”. It’s about poker, but the main characters have their stripper counterparts Knish - there are girls that work 5-7 days per week, mostly day shifts, that just just grind it out. $100 a shift would be good. But they come to work every day and it’s a job Mikey McDermott - top shelf girls. These are my types. Typically only work Friday and Saturday nights but never leave with less than $1000. Sometimes they get lucky and take down Johnny Chan and walk away with four or five grand. Worm - the ROB’s. Work 4 nights per week. Make decent money. Average $500 per shift but cheats the customer and loses repeat business. Get burned out and are out of the business in 1-2 years
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Ha ha - nice Rounders knowledge. How does Teddy KGB fit in ?
  • Bharlem
    3 years ago
    It all depends what city you are in. In New York City at a mid tier club girls can make $300 to $1,000 per shift. When I worked my last day shift in the Bronx pre pandemic I made $600 between 3pm and 8pm (no extras)(No VIP areas) I think the issue with most dancers is consistency in relation to her spending. It’s really not drugs. If a dancer could commit to 4 shifts per week and spending frivolously on what she earned on only one shift only, a dancer could still make out good if her average is $500. She can buy one expensive $500 item per week and still have $1500 for life things Now if you don’t live in a major city you’d have to tailor your spending
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    How does a dancer cheat a customer? By not being a hooker??🤡😭 Bills are consistent. House fees are consistent. How much a girl earns isn't. Never judge a club by the best night. Judge it by the worst. Right now. The smartest thing for dancers is to rotate several clubs and just work their special events. The earning potential is higher than a regular night hoping customers come in. Never look at what others make. The only real money to you is the money you have. But realize you're competing with everyone.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    What's more likely to get business, bragging about how much you make vs complaining about slow business? Strippers sell an illusion. Looking like ballers is part of that illusion.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I don’t really need to know how much money a stripper can make, I know more than a few and the thing I know for sure is that no matter how much money most of these gals make it’s never enough to avoid a crisis, for that reason alone I don’t get myself very involved with strippers any more.
  • elmer
    3 years ago
    Neither one are my type so that ain't my money they're holding just sayin'
  • doctorevil
    3 years ago
    I don’t know why the guys here care so much about how much strippers make. It doesn’t matter to me. I suppose it’s pretty much like any job. If you’re good at it, you can make lots of money. If not, not so much.
    3 years ago
    It’s all about jealousy or envy. Not unlike walking past an ice cream stand in the park and noticing the guy making change out of a bank roll that could choke a horse. But you have to factor in all the other details to see if being a stripper is the path to easy street. And it’s probably not. The job is a bit like being an athlete in that the shelf life is finite. The social stigma of the job is crushing if you let it get to you. That’s often why dancers will spend on extravagant things when the rent is due, they are trying to justify what many of them see as a discussing way to make a living. Then there is the night trappings, the access to drugs, to alcohol, to larceny and all manner of underworld temptations. I managed the finances of a stripper in Las Vegas for about a year and a half. She worked at Olympic Gardens, had a 6 year old living with her mom back in California and complained to me about making all this money and never having any. We setup a routine that she could live with and she showed some discipline. She would stop by my office on the way home from work, usually around 8 am and drop off the proceeds. By the end of the year and a half she had almost half a million in a fund. She started dropping by less often and the discipline fell off and the last time I saw her was a year later in a different club, she was dancing there and was stoned out of her mind, barely recognized me. I assume that the savings went up her nose in the interim and I never saw her again, nor did I check her balances. I think the bottom line is that dancing is like any other entrepreneurial job. There are going to be the top 10 or 20 percent of them who do well long term and a top 1 or 2 percent of them who do fantastic. I knew a guy 40 years ago who went door to door selling children’s books who made 200,000 a year, a shit load of money then. He didn’t brag about his earnings and he didn’t complain about the hard work either. He just got up every day and hit the sidewalk, was exceptional at closing the sale and just kept at it. That is the real secret of success regardless of the profession.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    I agree with doctorevil (someone take a picture...). I don't care how much money a dancer makes. If she's doing well, good for her. If not, none of my business. I'm always suspicious of social media posts where dancers are waving around stacks of cash. Some of them might be legitimate, but most feel like the dancer is trying to validate herself to others (dancers and non-dancers alike). Also, if I was in a cash-rich job, then I wouldn't wave it around on social media. It seems like something that could paint a target on my back.
  • BubbleYum
    3 years ago
    Adamxz, tell us you're better than everyone else and a whoreaphobe without telling us. Please.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    It’s none of my business. I only care that my interactions and transactions with the girls are mutually beneficial to justify the next time. Sometimes it’s fake, sometimes they are making piles of money. I met a girl at the now closed Players Club who was really hot, not quite in a next door girl kinda way, but nothing super glammy either. She’d also danced at Millstream, another baby stripper club and her photos are still on the Millstream IG page and she looked equally pretty, but not extravagant then too. She’s since moved onto the Ritz, a make it rain club, as of maybe 2-3 years ago. The club features her on their IG page more than any other dancer. Her look now is over the top. She lost some weight, put a lot of effort into eyelashes, nails, wigs, shoes and outfits. She has the over the top, stereotypical stripper glam look and posts tons of IG pictures of buckets of singles, twenties and bigger bills. I went to see her one night at the Ritz. Her stage show and pole work were phenomenal. And… dudes were showering her with cash. I saw her on stage twice, and both times the bouncers were sweeping up her tips with a broom and collecting it in a bucket. I’m happy for her, even though that club is not my style and I haven’t seen her in person since.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ICEE, Ishmael, Bubble, Jimmy, etc have covered this pretty well. People lie their tits off on social media every day, why should strippers be any different? Success gurus take pictures in front of fabulous villas--that they rented for an hour, and will have to skip a meal to do so. Pickup artists take pictures with supermodel-caliber women--that they've rented, when they creep out most women. Travel bloggers post pictures in some exotic locale--on a staged set. That aura of success draws people in. It gets them subscribers and paid memberships from people who want to be like them. And people do it because it works. There's an Insta site called Baller Busters that exposes these people.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    I think customers get obsessed with how much dancers make for nefarious reasons. Out of spite. Jealousy. Resenting their hard earned money spent on the alluded lifestyle. To accuse dancers of lying about needing money. There's really no reason to delve into how much a stranger is making.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    God Motörhead’s analogy is amazing. My old ATF was a stripper who worked in Vegas usually 3 weekends a month. She’d fly, drive or bus to Vegas on Thursday evening and return home on Sunday night if it was a good weekend and Monday or Tuesday if it was slow. Some great weekends she’s clear $3-4k after all her expenses. Some slow weekends she’s actually lose money because of the expenses. Another girl I knew in Vegas (who lived there) made $27k in one month. Even she was in shock.
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    ^I can see making 27K in one month in a city like Vegas if you work your ass off. I saw a tiktok video on facebook of a girl claiming to have made 27K in one night 😂. That's laughable, doubftul, and fills the industry with newbies who have unrealistic goals of making thousands per night without doing much work. It's stupid. I made a post about it on the pink site. To the OP, honestly, a stripper who is good at her job should average the kid of numbers you're talking about... ie at least a few hundred per shift.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    It’s similar to other types of work as others have mentioned; there are dancers that bank for various reasons: + very good looking and desirable beyond the typical dancer at the club + she’s good at her job and hustles vs spending half the shift on her phone or in the dressing-room + works at a good/popular club w/ a good-amount of foot-traffic and a good amount of spending custies + etc I've been in clubs where there are dances and VIPs being sold left-and-right, and been in clubs where as a custy one wonders how those girls can make a living b/c you hardly see anyone getting dances or VIPs and most of the custies are just spectators. Not every dancer banks $1k/night due to different circumstances just like not every pro-athlete makes $20+ million per year; it’s just we mainly just hear of the minority that do.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    And yeah - pretty stupid to use a Tik Tok video as proof of something
  • rl27
    3 years ago
    It's not hard on some nights for a dancer to make $500 or more a shift, it's hard to do it consistently. As others have said, many dancers aren't good with money, not to mention the ones dancing to pay for their habbits. I have known a few who danced specifically to either pay for college, or save up lots of money so they didn't have to work later. One of my current favorites who has danced at least 8 years at various clubs, mentioned she would likely retire from dancing sometime early next year. She had finally saved enough money buy the business she and her husband wanted, and was still only dancing to replenished their savings. For every one like her, there are hundreds other who make thousands a week and burn it all up.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    I wonder about foreign dancers, say from the Philippines. Some of them really hustle and work a full shift 4 or 5 days a week. With that work ethic, they could make $100,000 per year( tax free ?). In a few years, they could return home with $200,000 to $400,000 in their pockets. That’s like being a multi millionaire in the US. I wonder how many manage to pull that off.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    To qualify as being in the top 1% of wealth in the Philippines requires only $60,000. So, someone with $200,000 to $400,000 of net assets could live like a king or queen.
  • Adamxz
    3 years ago
    Tell me you sell sexual favors to support your bastard kid because you got impregnated by someone who can’t support a family without telling me.
  • Adamxz
    3 years ago
    Desert scrub, $300 is what a normal working professional makes in a day. If someone is letting strangers have sex with them for $300, it’s for a reason. They’re desperate. The men that I know that spend much more than you’d be willing to believe if I told you, without penetration, 100% of the time are easily disgusted, but still lustful. So, they would rather try to buy a girlfriend from the strip club that doesn’t normally hook than hire a hooker with guaranteed diseases. Eventually the sunk cost fallacy kicks in and does the hustling for the stripper.
  • WavvyCain
    3 years ago
    Girls pay a lot for upkeep and also tipping out to the club. Yes they can make decent, depending on living situation too tho.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I didn’t look at the Tiktok video in the OP. I’m guessing it was a stripper showing her cash after a shift. That shit is for show, and it’s not the smartest thing to post online. If a dancer can make $1000 a night (after tip outs and fees) and she works consistently, she would pull down a very nice yearly income. If that dancer held on to her earnings, she would be doing very well. If that dancer bought health insurance and put some of her earnings into an IRA account, and saved the rest (less monthly bills), she would be doing very well. There are many more ifs and it’s likely they aren’t doing most of them. Discipline and consistency are boring - they aren’t the immediate gratification that most folks want (and likely strippers want that immediate gratification too).
  • TheEckster
    3 years ago
    "I wonder about foreign dancers, say from the Philippines. Some of them really hustle and work a full shift 4 or 5 days a week. With that work ethic, they could make $100,000 per year( tax free ?). In a few years, they could return home with $200,000 to $400,000 in their pockets. That’s like being a multi millionaire in the US. I wonder how many manage to pull that off. To qualify as being in the top 1% of wealth in the Philippines requires only $60,000. So, someone with $200,000 to $400,000 of net assets could live like a king or queen." In parts of Thailand you could rent an apartment for like $200-$300 a month USD. Listings: [view link]
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I very seriously doubt that anyone who’s ever been successful in this country would even consider going back to the places in the Philippines where this type of lifestyle is possible
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Lots of people do it. You can have a much better lifestyle abroad with money.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Me: The sun rises in the East 25: You are wrong. What a fucking idiot. What is your source ? More Faux news. Look, there are lots of lovely, safe, modern beach resort communities in places like the Philippines at very affordable prices. Since I’m talking about people returning to their own country where all their friends and family live, it would not be unheard of for them to return.
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    My stepmom came here from the Philippines over 20 years ago. Mail order bride. Wouldn't mind if she would finally go back home.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Beachfront condos and houses in the Philippines starting around $100,000 ( divide by 50 to convert to dollars). [view link]
  • TFP
    3 years ago
    Yeah 25 you're way off base. I work with a lot of immigrants from other countries. A lot of them use all their vacation to return to their home countries for a couple months. They send supplies to their extended families back home the entire time working. And then the older immigrants who have retired all move back to their original countries. It's just like Mark said, they live like royalty in their own countries with the money they saved here. I've seen some pictures of their houses back home on their Instagram/Facebook and it is impressive.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    ^ in other words, it sucks to be poor in the Philippines. Agreed. On the other hand, that means you can live like a king with relatively little wealth ( bu US standards), which is exactly my point. Work for a few years. Save your money. Buy a luxury home on the beach back home. Eat, drink, and enjoy for the next 50 years.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I doubt that anyone that's used to the way we live here would be comfortable living in the Philippines, I don't think any of you are actually speaking from experience.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    You can have a better lifestyle jn the Philippines. Middle class there means a maid. Owning a home. Affording a driver . Savings. Amenities considered something for the rich in the US.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    25 just likes to pretend he's stupid and trolls people that way.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ If it's so terrific why are you here ?
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    If had a chance to work in the Philippines for 3 years, then return to the US with $5 Million in savings, I’d do it. That’s effectively the situation faced by Filipina ( or Thai, Romanian, etc) dancers. Come to the US on a tourist visa, work off the books for 3 years, go home a millionaire.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    You really like to twist what I say around for the record I never said anything about costs I said most Americans wouldn’t like living in the Philippines, but you just like to argue are you aware of the crime rate in that country, if you want to avoid the crime you need to live away from the major cities, most of those areas aren’t so convenient think it completely through, there is nothing wrong with that but you need to have drama in every post, go back to posting clickbait or something else nonsensical I’d make similar statements about many other countries where just because the COL is low, it doesn’t really appeal to most Americans Try not to be so stupid we still have a net inflow of people it’s not like people are leaving the USA in large numbers
  • TFP
    3 years ago
    @25 I'm speaking off of what I've seen at my job, which admittedly is only a small sample. But I've seen so many do exactly what you say they don't. Granted those were the older immigrants, who were already used to the way of life in their third world countries. The sons and daughters of those immigrants probably wouldn't be willing to go once they get older though.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    25, I suggest you get a passport and visit some of these countries you claim to be an expert on. Or, at least watch some YouTube videos. In all these countries there are large, self-contained, guard-gated, luxury communities with all the modern amenities. There are islands in a Thailand, for example, where it’s similar to Hawaii but at a fraction of the cost.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Me: Many Filipinas will choose to return to their homeland and families 25: So, why haven’t you moved to the Philippines if it’s so great ? Me: I’m not Filipino.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Basically just looking for either conflict or drama, sorry if you're so fixated on being a jackass why don't you google what a rate of return for most immigrants even though that is not what my reference point was, and tell me how many people live in those so called "guard gated modern communities with all the amenities" with 200-400K in savings, that's not nearly enough to live those types of communities. Yes I have a passport and have and still travel many places although I haven't been to the Philippines, I'd guess that you don't know what the fuck you are talking about The communities you are talking about are full of genuine rich people with a large net worth, not so many are Americans would be my guess, I'd guess that 20% would be a large amount of American expats, the Philippines is a country of about 108 million people and according to their last census I believe from 2010 there are between 250,000 and 500,000 Americans living there that includes soldiers and employees of American companies there temporarily. @tetradon Returning Pinoys do not move into those large gated communities even though they have amassed a good amount of money they cannot afford to live in those modern gated communities with all modern amenities without a pretty substantial net worth.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ Sorry my second post should have been to TFP
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    25: “ but you just like to argue “ Go back and look through this thread. I speculated on whether dancers might return home. You jumped in and said I was wrong. You could have commented that it was an interesting perspective. But, you NEVER do that. Your knee jerk reaction in every thread is ALWAYS to claim everyone is wrong but you. Then, with no sense of self awareness, you claim that I just like to argue.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Pre 2020 I would have agreed about the benefits of taking your money further. Especially because the US had tended to have the most versatile passport and the least amount of visa requirements. (Making going in and out of countries a breeze. Which btw is not true anymore, and whether that will be short or long term is yet to be determined) Historically though with pandemics, they start during periods when globalization has been a thing for a while with lots of international trading and traveling, and when pandemics (Spanish flu, Justinian plague, black deaths) etc hit then after countries en masse tend to become less open to outsiders for a long while. Not to say it won’t be possible anymore, but the pain in the butt factor legally and locals attitudes tend to increase the downsides and decrease the amount of options of where to be. Whether or not one believes covid, biologically, is overblown. (I want to stay out of that discussion), people’s attitudes count for a lot. The longer the outbreaks continue on worldwide and people concerned about it, the less agreeable will the nomad or even full time expat life will be. If one is younger, than one can wait it out for however many years it will take for sentiment to warm up again. For current retirees, however, there will be more challenges.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    @Mark I suggest you go back and read what I posted you weren't referenced in my post's until after you posted this " Me: The sun rises in the East 25: You are wrong. What a fucking idiot. What is your source ? More Faux news." Who has no sense of self awareness? For the record the person I told they should move to the Philippines was that jackass Icee, but as usual you think everything is directed at you I haven't claimed anyone was wrong, you just took my statement and twisted it into something I didn't say, but you always do that, I think you need to calm your tits girly boy
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    I’ve seen a lot of videos of Americans living in Thailand, Costa Rica, Panama, Mexico etc. It isn’t something I would choose. I get the sense that a lot of these people, especially single guys, are unhappy with their lives and they think things will be better in another country. They seldom are. It’s a bit better if they marry a local. At least that gives them some ties to the culture. Still, not something I’d want.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ Now you get my point, good for you, was that so hard ?
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Your reading comprehension is embarrassing. My argument, from the beginning was about FILIPINAs moving to the Philippines. It was never about Americans moving anywhere.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    'Your reading comprehension is embarrassing' you really do like to argue and play these semantic games where you twist everything around, I'm still waiting for you to show me how I attacked you or where, all I've been doing is making a fool out of you for twisting my words around it would do you some good to take a midol and calm those tits of yours girly boy!
  • DoctorPhil.
    3 years ago
    Mr. Mark you scoff at Mr. Twentyfive but I think you should really consider making a move abroad, making a shit ton of money, and returning to the States. I recommend that you consider a career as a member of the Saudi royal family. All yo need to do is go to the embassy and make some inquiries. Tell them that you really admire MBS and that you would like to be adopted. I’m sure MBS can find it in his heart to call you “son”! You’re welcome!
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    I'm still waiting for you to show me how I attacked you………do you some good to take a midol and calm those tits of yours girly boy! QED
  • 8TM
    3 years ago
    I sometimes wonder about all those Cubanas who hit the clubs hard for a few years then seem to ride off into the sunset. I’m sure some of you guys have stories. Anyway, I think $300 after house fees would be on the low end of average and nothing to brag about, at least for a dancer who knows what she’s doing.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ you remind me of the three little pigs you huff and you puff but you keep blowing your own house down LOL
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    This is a big country with a plethora of different clubs, strippers and customers experiencing different economics. I've met some strippers who I'm sure were making $100k a year, including some who I took OTC. It's not about what you make, it's about what you keep. A lot of these girls quickly adjust their spending habits to their increased earnings with the [sometimes false] belief that they can easily replenish it on the next shift. All I did was show up and be available on a night or week where their immediate cash needs exceeded their earnings. Shit there was one girl, one of the hottest I ever took OTC, who used to wait until 11:00 or so to decide if she could go OTC when the club closed at 1:00 (or try to leave early). If her night was going good then the odds were against it, but if she was having a crap night then we were good to go. The only reason I tolerated the inconsistency was because she was a lot of fun. If this chick didn't earn $100k per year then it was damned close, but she spent it as she got it and had a lot of people on her tit.
  • Mate27
    3 years ago
    ^^^ I thought you only hooked up with low volume strippers?
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ^ I do. What in that post led you to believe otherwise?
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    As for the girl I knew in Vegas that claimed she made $27K in a month, she was a very savvy stripper. She worked usually 6 days a week, would usually go into the club earlier in the day and had a goal in mind. She wanted to hit a financial goal as quick as she could and lived a relatively modest lifestyle. I believe she also escorted for high end customers on the side as well. She was savvy because she was always up to speed on what conventions were in town so she's be able to "talk shop" to the PLs who came into the club. Very clever. I met her during March Madness and she knew more about basketball than any other stripper I have ever met in my life, for me that's like an automatic "here let me empty my wallet for you." I imagine COVID destroyed her goal, haven't talked to her since the fall before COVID.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    This thread took a weird turn... I know a few guys who live (or have lived) overseas in that "expat" lifestyle via remote-work jobs. Sure, they can live like kings on relatively little money compared to the U.S. That said, the lifestyle benefits come with some serious downsides. Being far away from family, a lack of good medical care, rampant corruption, the possibility of violent political upheaval, bias against anyone not from that country, etc. One friend who moved home a year ago cited that being surrounded by crushing poverty wore him down. Specific to the Philippines, if I was going to be an expat anywhere, I'd avoid the South China Sea. If there's going to be a violent confrontation between nations anywhere in the near(ish) future, then it's there. But, back on topic, I still don't care how much money strippers make. It's none of my business. But, sort of like how living overseas can have some attractive benefits, but serious downsides, the same can apply to stripping. I still think about the stripper who showed me multiple videos of different customers trying to tail her when she was driving home at the end of her shift. Those stacks of cash come with a degree of risk.
  • 8TM
    3 years ago
    From stuff I read and people I talk to, it feels like there was a golden age of the expat lifestyle that started going downhill after 2008. Companies slashed travel and payroll and doubled down on outsourcing. Social media and travel bloggers made sure no place is “out of the way” anymore. I think these days it’s better to just travel seasonally.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Not too long ago, I was looking at expat communities in Belize, Panama, Roatan, et al. The cheaper lifestyle comes with a huge cost, and that was before COVID uncovered the atrocious quality of public health care. Common power outages, poor accessibility to groceries/toiletries/home goods, absent or corrupt law enforcement, little to no govt aid after a national disaster. America is failing, and the democrats and other socialists are doing all they can to destroy our nation with all haste, but we're still better off here than anywhere else in the world.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    I have less than zero interest in what others earn, do or where they live.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    gammanu95 - I have to agree with everything you said regarding the huge cost in public health care, etc. Years ago I visited a retired co worker at his home in an expat community at Lake Chapala near Guadalajara, MX. He cannot own the land he built his home upon. He can lease it for life but then it must return to Mexico. Could not register his car in Mexico and once a year had to drive to Texas to renew is registration. Extremely difficult for him to bring his gun collection into the county. Hard time finding hard wood window frames. ETC, ETC. Why would I want to leave my family and friends for that?
  • 48-Cowboy
    3 years ago
    This is incredible! Lazy boomers go fuck up their own Country, the good old USA, and now they are too broke to lay in the mess they created, so now you are talking about where you can go to live cheaper! 🤣🤣🤣 The adults left the room decades ago, and the kids are still children. Good thing a new generation of adults is comming! Gen 💤
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Generation ZZZZZ was named after the response everything they say or type creates in the listener/reader .....
  • 48-Cowboy
    3 years ago
    ^ if I was a baby, I would need a nap too. We will talk when you are done with your binky and baba, we can talk again
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion