tuscl

why should we / what makes you write up a review, here?

gothamyte
from that Adam Westsiiiide of Gotham
Monday, July 26, 2021 7:37 AM
look, i love this site. this place is a blessing. but i personally avoid writing reviews. it's nothing against this site. i just don't write reviews, as a general practice. i love SCs too much as a thing to write a review good or bad about it. is my feeling. besides, all the reviews generally capture what needs to be said, why are more reviews necessary....? maybe if there were questions asked about each venue that needed to be answered, maybe i'd participate in that. but just freestyling a review on a venue...i dunno, i love SCs good and bad. i'm sure this site appreciate reviews to keep it going, i'm just wondering aloud & asking silly questions

33 comments

• gobstopper007
    3 years ago
    My opinion is that the reviews are a good way to get a feel for the club overall. The more reviews the better the overall picture of the club as it is less skewed by a couple of reviews either overly positive or negative. Your experience will not be mine and vice versa. Dancers are frequently changing and also many clubs are very different depending on whether you are going day or night. I have had some visits that were similar but never the same. I see this site as a research tool and I like to get as much information up front before I make a decision. I’m going to spend money and don’t want to waste time. This site helps me choose wisely. Plus I just like to hear about others experiences and many posters send in very entertaining reviews.
    3 years ago
    Reviews get old fast and especially in these turbulent times current information is essential. It can keep you from wasting an evening driving around trying to find what you’re looking for.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Help guys have a better night (or day). Help guys avoid bad dancers and bad clubs. Or, at least avoid the clubs and dancers who aren't right for them. Also, via PM I exchange information with a small group of locals, and that information is useful to me. If I didn't review, I wouldn't be in that loop.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    Reviews help fellow PL’s. I think the physical club might not change too much over the short term. But, since we are still in the covid pandemic - there are changes that can occur - and that’s where a current review could be useful.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it. :)
  • EastCoaster
    3 years ago
    The only reason I come to this site is to get info on generally new-to-me clubs when I travel so I know which ones to visit and which ones to skip. Why would I not return the favor by writing reviews myself?
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Gothamyte, do you go to strip clubs? Do you ever travel solo, for business or pleasure, and want to go to clubs out of town? Do you enjoy driving around a strange and unfamiliar city, checking out club after club to find they all suck? Then you learn, the day after you return home, that you missed the world-class, unforgettable, almost-as-good-as-Follies club in that city because you just didn't stumble across it? That is why we write reviews, and evaluate them seriously before publishing or rejecting them.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    I 100% agree with gamma (had to take this rare opportunity to say so).
  • minnow
    3 years ago
    A member since 2010, and you have to even ASK this question ? I smell troll, or else a real obtuse dude.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Stop it, Jimmy, you're making me misty.
  • bkkruined
    3 years ago
    I travel to unfamiliar cities often (alone for business) and use the reviews to save time / energy deciding where to go. I write reviews mostly to be helpful to others doing the same. There are a few cities with a lot of clubs where some guys might want to follow ups and downs, I could care less. Most places have a handful of clubs and the locals, any that are interested enough to sign up and read the reviews, should probably already know what they are all about.
  • BubbleYum
    3 years ago
    Yeah, this is a silly question indeed. People probably write reviews because it's a REVIEW WEBSITE. Imagine that. Weird!
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    @minnow ... I don't believe he's a troll. Perhaps he hoped to hear some unexpected answers, but on this topic the reasons to contribute reviews are relatively obvious (including the 30 days of VIP if you need/want it). Either you want to help or you don't.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    OP better question to ask, would be why does a dog lick his balls?
  • crosscheck
    3 years ago
    I take information from others from this site. I share information to others on this site. If you receive, you should give. Pretty simple actually.
  • 8TM
    3 years ago
    Most clubs I go to don’t get reviewed much. If I’m a regular at a club I don’t wanna post the first review of a club they had in 2 years and have some asshole manager or dancer trying to figure out who I am. Travel club visits are a different story, but in that case I’m probably going to the clubs that have a lot of reviews already, so…
  • gSteph
    3 years ago
    I noticed OP has four reviews. I like reading reviews. To read more than a couple a day, you need VIP status. So I've written some. Perhaps a few people have found them useful or interesting / amusing.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    - I like helping fellow mongers get value out of their visits. Give a penny, take a penny from the well of knowledge. - I like directing business towards high-value dancers and away from ROBs. - VIP membership benefits, especially if I'm thinking about seeing a new dancer or visiting a new city. But the biggest reason? - I love to write, and I'm good at it. It enhances the experience.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Just for the vip benefits once in a while. A lot of times im hesitant to write a review because I think with enough details a review can take away your anonymity. Strip club communities aren't that big. I don't really trust reviews much though. I've seen new reviews for clubs that are closed. Lots of clubs not listed. Some haven't been reviewed in so long that the reviews are obsolete.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    @8tm does that mean you have written reviews? Keep a separate account for privacy reasons or something? (Understandable if you do) I started writing some reviews because a few individuals encouraged me, simple as that. I’m more inclined to write reviews of places that haven’t been reviewed in a while. In a couple of places where I wrote a review after nobody had done so for a while, I noticed an uptick in people writing their own stuff about that club. Most likely just a coincidence but I am going to let myself think it was my doing 😎
  • gothamyte
    3 years ago
    I know, I sound like a troll. I'm not, though. I was just being honest. And I agree with what Icee said--writing reviews kinda cuts into one's anonymity. I also feel like such a snitch writing a review. And I also feel weird folks look me up and be like, you've been on this site for 10+ years. You've only written 4 reviews. Yeah and if you read them they're wordy and a bit odd. Some of it on purpose so anyone who knows me don't figure me out. I'm not against anyone writing reviews. I dunno, I guess I'm saying it'd be also something if this site asked specific random questions about venues from different people after their visit, or something. I dunno. And if some of y'all are insinuating that I'm odd because I joined a review site and yet here I am complaining about folks submitting reviews, I'm guessing that I discovered this site not because of the reviews, but over something else, like a discussion and wanted to join for that. Keep in mind 10+ years ago this site wasn't like it is today. Generally, yes, but not wholly.
  • gothamyte
    3 years ago
    But hey, lemme re-say that I love this site and everybody it it. Seriously. Loved this site since I discovered it. And I'm always amazed at all the improvements (may not be the best word for what I'm trying to say or thinking of) on this site over the years. I'm trying to say this site is always trying to be the best that it can possibly be and I truly dig that.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    I’m paid by management to shill for their clubs
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Okay ... so ... don't write reviews. It's fine.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    "And if some of y'all are insinuating that I'm odd because I joined a review site and yet here I am complaining about folks submitting reviews" You're overthinking it. The people giving you the business have said similar things to other people. A lot. If you read here regularly then you know that already. There are many things I've seen in clubs that I talk about with IRL friends or maybe share in PMs that don't go in my reviews. You don't want to get outed with your reviews, then keep them vanilla but worth reading. I'm in clubs all the time, but haven't really been writing reviews lately because it's the same few clubs and I'm not really traveling (thanks COVID).
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    There are a lot more active TUSCL members who almost exclusively write reviews and spend pretty much zero time on the discussion boards. If you click through to the "strip club reviews" link, there's a lot of guys who are somewhere in the 20 to 70 review range, but their discussions and comments are in the single or low-double digits. So, if there are a few guys on the other end of the spectrum (fewer reviews, more discussions), then who really cares?
  • mickey48066
    3 years ago
    Most reviews contain so little information of any value. Reviews have value when stage names and services and prices are given. Unfortunately these seem to be in the too explicit category. What we are left with are general recaps. How much cover was paid and how many cars were in the lot has no value.
  • SirLapdancealot
    3 years ago
    The way I see it, everyone that uses TUSCL for their own clubbing benefits should write at least a few reviews as a way of contributing back to the site. It doesn't have to be every visit, but at least a few. Reviews and discussions of clubs and strippers are the essence of TUSCL and founder doesn't charge anyone a dime unless they want to pay for VIP. So everyone should do their part and contribute through a review every so often.
  • WhoopWhoop
    2 years ago
    Basically I write reviews to get VIP status, especially if I'm planning to check out some new clubs soon.
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    I don't mind writing reviews, but I tend to club in bunches and then don't have time to write reviews after I've been traveling. Then when I have time I don't feel like writing them anymore. And bottom line the stuff I'm noticing now after hundreds and hundreds of clubs isn't stuff that dudes who need the reviews are looking to read. I have to be in the mood to write stuff for casual clubgoers.
  • Hank Moody
    2 years ago
    I use the site for diligence so I write reviews both to keep my vip privileges but also to give back and write reviews that I’d like to read. I won’t give details or identities of girls giving extras but I try to at least let the reader know who is worth visiting in my home clubs. On the road? Much harder.
  • ATACdawg
    2 years ago
    Also, I think that a variety of perspectives are useful to potential customers. Some are looking for extras and will be disappointed if they are not available. Some, like me, find fun in less explicit but still erotic ways. Others just want to see naked female bodies while getting drunk and not paying a parking valet. I have never had the misfortune to deal with a ROB, but if I did, I would out them on this site - one more bit of valuable info for the masses. I have also, in rare occasions, called out club management for good or bad behavior.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    I don't write repetitive reviews. I'll comment on existing reviews, if I have anything to add to it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion