tuscl

The End of Day Shift?

I was recently in San Francisco. No day shift. Especially one club’s day shit I liked Gold Club nope 6pm. As I read more and more reviews in the LA area it seems like more and more clubs are doing away with their dayshifts post CoVid. To me I honestly can’t see why it didn’t happen sooner, most dayshifts I’ve been to have been so dead that I don’t even understand how the economics work. Have you been seeing less dayshifts out there?

34 comments

• nicespice
    3 years ago
    Interesting. Usually the places where you can’t expect a club to have a dayshift nor even be open 7 days a week are more out away from city metro areas. I guess time will tell. My home club dayshift is still alive and well, but then again there is a lot of blue collar guys who stop in when either done for the day or having lunch so idk.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    I think almost all Atlanta area clubs have a day shift. I have been to 7 of the 26 in he past 3 months. If they didn't have day shift I probably wouldn't go. I prefer to be watching TV at 11PM at home.
  • TFP
    3 years ago
    I wonder if this will be temporary or permanent?

I hope Gold Club Centerfolds in Rancho Cordova doesn't follow suit when they reopen in a week. Their day shift was way better than night shift IMO.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    It doesn’t affect me too much because I really don’t club in the day too much. But zero dayshifts in San Francisco?

I think the real winners might be the dayshifts that stick out and then they become the only option in town if this trend seems true.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    I think it totally depends on the city. In Houston, you have a lot of business meetings / entertaining at strip clubs. In Florida, you have a lot of retired guys that have a lot of free time during the days and don't want to get out at night. In other cities, it's not culturally accept to do business in a strip club. And you don't have that base of customers with free time during the day. I would much rather go during the day so I don't run into characters like Muddy at night.
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    I have noticed with Minneapolis that some of the clubs there are operating less hours/days than in the past. Interesting that SF is like that too.
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    In general it seems like clubs are dying out imo. The only places that seem to stay busy are usually newer clubs (people wanna check out new places) or established highmileage clubs like Buck's Fort Worth and Babydolls Dallas which are too fucked up to even bother dancing at imo.
  • Subraman
    3 years ago
    I suspect that if the clubs return to pre-covid levels of business, we'll see some dayshifts open back up. Gold Club in particular will open back up for dayshift, when/if people return to working downtown and more importantly, when Moscone Center starts having big events again. Their dayshifts were often absolutely packed, so makes little sense to close it if the crowds come back. The North Beach clubs are iffier, they were slooooow during dayshifts (which is why I liked them)
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    It's an interesting thread just to talk around, but most strip clubs are small businesses and it's going to come down to whether customers show up to spend. It's going to vary from town to town, and clubs local to me have been picking up more during dayshift. I see dudes spending and getting dances not just taking up space. But in Texas if Austin keeps putting more stupid laws on the books for some jurisdictions to enforce and others to ignore its clubs may be a cluster by the end of the year.
  • rockie
    3 years ago
    I think the trend is certainly moving towards a later in the day opening in the clubs closest to me. I like mid afternoon openings, as opposed to 6:00 PM, 8:00 PM, or 10:00 PM openings.
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    zona norte is pretty much back to normal (but not completely…)
    synn coi seems kinda normal. open every day with day shift ( if i’m reading the roll call correctly…)
    srcoi is weird. open four days at 8 pm?
    i don’t get it.
  • PredragDr
    3 years ago
    Most white collar workers in California still work from home most of the time to 100% of the time. We want Covid to be permanent (slightly sarcastic)!
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Probably not a good idea to judge the state of strip-clubbing based on what California is doing – for one, California seemed to lag most places in the country w.r.t. opening-up so one could assume clubbing will also lag. It will take more time for things to shake-out and reach some kinda steady-state post-Covid-hibernation (perhaps things won’t settle into place till 2022; assuming no-more-lockdowns or serious-pandemic-issues).
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    My club's day shift has been extremely lucrative since I returned at the beginning of June. I actually made more money last month only working 3 weeks than I was making pre-pandemic. It isn't super busy, but definitely steady.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    Dayshift here in northeast FL has been hopping. I'm guessing that San Fran is suffering from a lot of out migration of affluent guys who used to visit on dayshift, along with a general reluctance of office workers in big cities to return to onsite work.
  • jackslash
    3 years ago
    Dayshift is getting busier at Detroit clubs like Landing Strip and Flight Club. I like dayshift because I'm too old to stay up till 2AM.
  • herbtcat
    3 years ago
    Not sure about Nor Cal clubs post-covid. But most LA Clubs have reopened in the last 4-8 weeks, starting with night shifts 4-5 days a week. Then they went back to full hours Day + Night 7 days/week soon after that.
  • BaggerRider
    3 years ago
    I was talking with a dancer I've known for a few years at PT's Centerfolds last night which, for the last couple months, now opens at 6 pm instead of 11 am. I asked if they were going to go back to the 11 am opening, she said they were unable to get enough dancers to staff a day shift since most of the pre-COVID dancers left for vanilla jobs.
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    I noticed a local pizza place that used to open at 11 am now doesn’t open til 4 pm during the week and not until 6:30 on weekends and that includes carryout
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    We started loosing day shifts around the end of the '90s.

In some clubs the day shift is where there are no rules, and LE remains real tough, and it is just about impossible to open new clubs. So I think owners want to take no risks. The location is worth more than its daily take.

How to replace strip clubs with cooler venues:
    https://tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=7037…

SJG
  • Subraman
    3 years ago
    "and LE remains real tough"

sjg, are you talking about SF? There is no LE presence in SF clubs to enforce prostitution laws, at least as of a couple of years ago. Never has been. It's not an LE priority, and a string of DAs have consistently said they're not interested in prosecuting. To the extent there's risks, I'd guess it's dancer lawsuits, though not sure that's ever been made an issue in any dance lawsuit. The alcohol clubs don't allow extras because they're worried about their liquor license, not law enforcement
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Subraman, so good to be hearing from you again! Subraman is our unquestioned San Francisco expert.

Terence Hallinan was the SF DA in the 90's who took a totally hands off attitude towards Strip Clubs and AMPS. He took a harm reduction approach, seeing that the indoor venues were safer.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terence_Ha…

But there have been other DA's since, and then Mayor Gavin Newsome led an AMP raid, entering ahead of the police, of an unprecedented scale. People on Red Book would for years later refer to it as Black Friday. ( no, back then he wasn't using a COVID mask as a prop. )

If there is no LE there, then every no alcohol club could be just like the 90's Market St. Cinema, what some have referred to as "off the hook" or "orgy club".

As I have seen, the day shift is where the rules start to vanish. Management just does not have much of a whip to crack, as it is no big privilege to work there. So they have to let the women do it there way, otherwise they won't show up.

So why wouldn't all of the no alcohol clubs become just like Tijuana? It will be the most extreme girls who rule. Like in our one underground club which went to FR FS.

Are the rules and limits in the SF clubs, especially the front room rules, just ways of extracting more money for the house?

If the women run it, then the most aggressive will be in charge, and they won't follow any rules.

On Xotispot for Portland, most of the dives had a day shift with one dancer per shift. That is not a strip club. But if there is no LE, then go for it.

And we read about this Cabaret Club in Scottsdale. Sounds like if you walk in there on the day shift, what you are most likely to see is a blond girl in a front room makeout session, until she takes that guy into the back room to finish up. Now maybe this is all the doings of just one girl, being seen by lots of people, and doing this all day long. But in the most "off the hook" metros it seems to be like that on the day shift.

Is the SF operator just imposing arbitrary restrictions and controls and just writing of a day shift which could still help pay the rent?

SJG

Rolling Stones
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC0Qt1lv…
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    The core group of Latinos for our underground circuit, all the boss would have to do is turn his back and they'd be unzipping a guy and going down on him, and they'd be pulling their thong askew and ridding his cock. And I mean in the FRONT ROOM!

Is it like this now in San Francisco?

What is restricting it?

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ^^^^^ And of course if you want to kiss her, just do it, she'll be right in your face and making it hard not to. Those girls were always all go. They were awesome.

But at most places it only gets real loose, the women taking over, on the day shift.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    And besides getting right up in your face, she'll likely be pressing forehead to forehead. And if you do kiss her, besides responding enthusiastically, she will likely next be face up on all fours over your chair, giving your pussy in the face.

Yes, they are collecting money, quit a lot of it. But otherwise it is like an orgy, and the floor does get sticky.

How much different really is this from a Creepy Republican Marrieds Swingers Club?

All the boss has to do is turn his back.

People have posted about real aggressive make it happen girls in Atlanta, toilet stall, whatever.

So is San Francisco like this now? What is stopping it?

Went on for a long time in the South Bay underground. Finally it was the guys who were bringing their own condoms, the Sherriff's Deputies, for the investigation.

SJG
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Dayshift 7 days a week at Desires.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ^^^^^ What city, and is it just about anything goes at that club, and how is the competition level in that metro?

SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    ^^^ Club Desire is in Providence, RI, where I'm a regular. So is skibum.

Also, why do you need to know anything about the club or the city? A guy who couldn't get internet access for an entire year when the public library closed isn't going to figure out how to get to the east coast without it turning into a hostage crisis.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    On topic, some clubs or areas might see a downturn in day shifts, but there are a lot of clubs/areas where day shifts are very active and very fun. Skibum referenced Club Desire in Providence, RI, where some of the day shifts (particularly Friday) have more dancers and customers than many of the weekday night shifts. I think it depends on the clientele that the club attracts.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Im hoping day shifts come back. They're a lot more laid back and great for day drinking with happy hours.
  • TFP
    3 years ago
    Welp, Gold Club Centerfolds is back open and from early reports, day shift is still like it used to be, except dances are now $40 instead of $30. Still opens at 11:30, which is great news since I had much better experiences with day shift vs night shift at that club.

• Subraman
    3 years ago
    "If there is no LE there, then every no alcohol club could be just like the 90's Market St. Cinema, what some have referred to as "off the hook" or "orgy club""

I think there's two things here. 1. You're mis-remembering what MSC was like, 2. every remaining non-alcohol club is an extras club, to some extent or other.

Start off with #1, MSC. The reason no one wants to go down MSC's route is that the place went out of business, badly. Back around 2000, most PLs were divided between being MBOT guys, CH guys, and MSC guys. MSC was known for the cheapest extras and less pretty girls, $60-$80 FS. But a girl who was a 6 or 7 could go to CH and get $150 for a handjob; the 8s and up could go to MBOT and get $300+ for FS. By a few years later, MSC was filled with the least attractive girls, often crack whores -- and VERY often, there was a small group of pimps sitting in the corner watching their girls. PLs stopped going, the place went into a downward spiral, and that was that. In short -- no one who owns a strip club wants to end up like MSC in a race to the bottom. Yes, the place was amazing for a while, but once you stop being able to get attractive dancers, there's only one place it's going.

On to #2, I am somewhat out of touch with the scene these days but at least as of a couple of years ago, every non-alcohol club was an extras club, to some extent or other. Keep in mind all but two of those clubs are DJV owned... even with absolutely not police pressure, DJV has to worry about constant dancer lawsuits, and they also have corporate assets at stake. As a result, the DJV clubs, extras are available, just a bit more on the downlow. Or sometimes not on the downlow -- Centerfold's availability of extras basically changed every time there was a management change. MBOT was always openly extras, just at a super high price -- completely totally in the open, just as your theory holds. CH has always been "limited extras", for reasons known only to the owner, although I have some guesses. With MBOT out of business, that leaves the rest of the clubs, plenty of extras available.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    I'll be honest, if day shifts went away, I'd be in strip clubs a lot less. I like the mellower day shifts. At a good regular club, it's less of a noisy scene and more of a friendly hangout. There was a time in my life when I would have been more into that noisy scene, but I'm past that now.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I prefer the dayshift as well, I might stay later on occasion as I usually get to whichever club I’m going to about 4-5 in the afternoon, but I don’t go to clubs after the party shift starts as I prefer not being in the clubs late. The places I go still have decent-good late afternoon shifts and most of the dancers I prefer are afternoon shift types maybe a bit older than the very young crowd that comes in later v
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion