tuscl

Do strippers prefer lapdance cash over tipping cash?

Sunday, June 27, 2021 10:32 PM
I am a casual SC guest. I usually go to unwind after a long day at work. For the most part, I just want to go to tip 1s and maybe have a nice conversation to get my mind off of the day to day work grind (& get a beer or three). If it is a girl I like, I will tip her in 1s as much as I would spend on a dance, if not more. At the end of the day if a stripper makes $100 from me in lapdances or tipping 1s, I would think it would be the same however it seems most of them still try to push for a lapdance. Thus, my question is - do strippers prefer lapances vs just getting money from getting tipped 1s? Is the guy that just tips seen as 'cheaper' even though he is tipping an ample amount of 1s? Dancer opinions would be appreciated, but any insight would be helpful!

49 comments

• Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Tips. In some clubs they have to pay a percentage of dance money or keep track of dances. A tip is just their money.
  • Jammaster
    3 years ago
    If the choice is $100 in tips or $100 from lap dances, they probably prefer the former. However their preference is probably $100 in tips AND then some lap dances on top of that.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    The girls will take your money anyway you want to give it to them
  • gSteph
    3 years ago
    Lap dance gets them $20 (give or take) for 3 minutes (give or take) of their time. $100 in 15 minutes or so. Done deal, move on. Tipping dollars will almost always take longer to come by. But, as said above, any way you want to give it to them.
  • Bharlem
    3 years ago
    I’m a stripper so I’m qualified to answer this. Tipping is slower to get to the money than lap dancing. Customers like to argue that they’ll give me the same amount per song but SURPRISE I can count, lol.... so no most often y’all do not. 5 x 3mins(each song) is 15 minutes = baby let’s go somewhere private 😉
  • sinclair
    3 years ago
    $100 is $100 no matter how they get it. It depends on the culture of the individual club. I have seen clubs where dancers make several hundred in tips in just a four song stage rotation and don't bother to walk the room selling private dances because the stage money is so easy and plentiful. I have seen other clubs where almost nobody will tip the stage, and dancers will make almost all of their money selling private dances.
  • theeastcoast757
    3 years ago
    I think it just depends on the dancer there is one I always get dances from and she makes sure we plan them right before it’s time for her to go on stage because she says she hates going up there. I really don’t get it had another one say the same when I told her I would wait until she went on stage and she said she’d rather go instead of stage.
  • goodyman
    3 years ago
    I'd think convo+tips are preferred since it's less effort on their part and they get to keep 100% I've seen some clubs where the manager hassles the girls to dance vs chat w/customers though. Could be wrong but I don't think most guys tip for conversation
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    I'm thinking along the lines of what @Sinclair said - I often hit black-clubs where tipping $1s is popular and may actually be preferred by both the dancer and custy - some black clubs in certain areas have dances as cheap as $5 or $10 so the dancer may come out ahead w/ $1s-tipping - in clubs with $20+ dances I'd assume most dancers would prefer to sell dances - and as @Sinclair mentioned, some clubs with very-good-stage-tipping and/or rainmaker$, many of the dancers don't wanna bother w/ hustling for dances b/c the stage-tipping is often easier-work - I would assume on avg many a dancer would prefer tipping ($1s or stage-tipping) if they can make a good-enough amount b/c it doesn't require them having to convince custies to get/buy dances and they don't have to grind and be groped. As @Sinclair mentioned what a dancer prefers may have to do w/ the culture of the particular club; and the dance-cost – if dances are $20 or $30 and the custy is paying $10 in $1s per song the obviously she will feel it’s not a good deal for her. If you are the only one tipping $1s in the club then likely you’re gonna get some pressure from the girls for lap-dances b/c it’s likely what they are used to; but at the end of the day they’ll usually take the $$$ unless there are bigger fish to fry in the club. Also, with lap-dances they know exactly what they are getting vs tipping $1s they gotta assume/hope they are getting fair payment.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    "... i mis-read what tipping cash is.. i thought it was club cash ..." You're such a cracker
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    It's like others said on here- usually tip to hang out comes out to making a lot less per hour than lap hopping. It depends how much a guy pays for a dancer's time and how slow the club is as well. Yeah dancers keep tip money 100% normally, tho getting $20 at a time for sitting and talking ages sucks when you could be lap hopping quickly. I've put up with this at Buck's in fort worth though because the dances there are so dirty I couldnt bw bothered lap hopping there tho money is there for the taking.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    So the odd thing about being tipped for just sitting on the main floor for conversation, it’s usually been more generous spending, or barely anything. As in, either getting $400-$700 and maybe a couple dances in there for an undetermined length of time, or a douche who says “I’ll take care of you” and gives like maybe $20 at most. Usually when a customer proposed tipping for talking, I get suspicious. But that’s just a my own experience type of thing. Actually, most of the more generous tipping for talking was in a sharkish club with expensive vips. So I was probably just a lower priced respite away from the heavier sales pressure LOL I would say your results would be very club/dancer personality dependent. Maybe if it’s a club that is slower and has lots of furniture customers, you can beat out the furniture. Like chat with a dancer and every time she goes on stage throw a $20. But I guess it also depends on whether you care if she walks off on you once money is there. I know a club where a customer gets lots of conversation just by coming in early in the evening when it’s slow, and offering to smoke weed with him on the patio. (It’s both legal and club-allowed to do that) But then again, that club attracts a fair amount of travel dancers who are figuring out the lay of the land, so he has a constant stream of new faces to converse with. Also they are *very* rare, but there are customers you just have normal interactions with, ask for a dance and they say yes, and then just ask you to sit there and then pay you normal. If it floats your boat, go for it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    The OP kinda needs to explain what he means by "tipping $1s" - is it stage-tipping; or the dancer dancing at his table while he tips her $1s; or ... ? Most custies that "tip $1s" I don't necessarily think it's for conversation/hanging-out but ...
  • Architect8200
    3 years ago
    Thank you all. This is incredibly helpful and I will probably use this info next time I go. What I mean by "tipping 1s" is typically I will sit at the bar area and a dancer will come up and start talking to me. She will either start grinding against me and I will tip her, or I will say, "let me see what you are working with" and she will do the same. This is very casual with a conversation still happening. When this is done, I tell her I'll keep tipping her if she keeps going and she either (1) keeps going or (2) she tries to sell me a dance. And in most situations they seem disappointed with option 1 lol. But then again, that could just be my perception that they are disappointed.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Ah, so you are throwing money instead of formal dances? Can be common in more urban/party like clubs.
  • Architect8200
    3 years ago
    @nicespice Yeah. That is what I am doing. Maybe I should just stick to the urban/party clubs vs. the other ones where private dances are more commonplace. However, I do like to see a variety of women and that will probably narrow the type of girl I see, but I guess you can't get everything in life!
  • Mate27
    3 years ago
    I don’t know what kind of clubs you’re going to, but the clubs I hit the strippers would rather suck dick and fuck for cash rather than get stage cash. Why else would they get naked, for the exercise?
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    It depends. My home club has a wide variety of what dancers look like and during nighttime it’s common to find the money throwers who don’t want to go into the lapdance area. In Portland OR it’s common practice at most clubs where customers tip stage and dancers will briefly get off stage and do a mini lapdance on you for a small bit and get back on stage. Granted most of the dancers are white and alternative, but occasional other looks do show up and body type has variety. In Texas I’ve seen that type of thing, but I think it’s not super common? I guess I misunderstood your initial post, I thought you meant like tipping to sit at the table to drink and chat. Yeah some dancers think the practice is trashy, but I think it’s a practice getting more widespread as time goes on. I think most are fine with it or else they migrate to a different club. It is what it is 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    Most strippers just want the most money they can get for the least amount of effort. What way works best for a stripper is going to vary from club to club and dancer to dancer. If it is a club with higher priced dances ($30+ per song) and the club doesn't take too high of a cut the dancer can make money quicker and easier that way. If it is a club with $5 dances it can take her dancing a lot of songs to make much money and she may be better off just hustling tips. Other clubs are slower and a dancer can't expect to make much from regular lapdances or stage shows due to a low volume of customers and a lot of wasted time between dances and the girls may prefer the chance at an expensive 30 or 60 minute vip session where 1 or 2 per night can make them good money. As to OPs statement about $100 being $100 no matter how it is given, that is just incorrect in my opinion. She may make $100 in 12-15 minutes of lapdancing at $20-25/song or it may be that she gets $100 in tips from a customer but it takes her over an hour of flirting and barside grinding. Those are 2 very different things. If the club is busy enough that she can sell dances fairly quickly by bouncing from one customer's lap to the next she is going to try to sell dances unless you are tipping her at least what she makes per lapdance every 3 or so minutes. After all why should she waste time with you when you are tipping her $3-5/minute when she can be making $25 (plus possible tips) for every 3 minute song when selling dances to you or other customers.
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    Ok if every single song you're throwing at least the dance price in 1s I dont see why a dancer wouldn't wanna do that. That is if I understood that correctly.
  • Aspen_Holiday
    3 years ago
    In most cases we pay a percentage to the club when we do dances or rooms. Most girls would prefer to be tipped on stage, I would imagine, I can’t see why they wouldn’t. Plenty of people just tip stage and don’t do dances. At the same time, tipping a lot on stage is a way some people indicate they want a dance. So asking isn’t unreasonable. Pressuring you after you said no seems rather silly given you already paid them for simply dancing on stage(something you have to do most the time) so sitting with you and talking for a bit in my mind is a reasonable expectation after tipping on stage well however I have seen dancers get tipped well on stage, thank the customer, and go back to their phone in the dressing room. 🙃
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ===> "Tipping is slower to get to the money than lap dancing." ===> "Yeah dancers keep tip money 100% normally, tho getting $20 at a time for sitting and talking ages sucks when you could be lap hopping quickly." OP, IMHO you got two very on point responses, both from dancers (bharlem and blah). As a guy who almost never visits a LD room but instead tips barside, these responses are consistent with my own observations. Some girls feel that sitting around talking could cost them money by losing them higher margin quick strike LD sales, especially when the club is full of prospects. Keep in mind too that there are many dancers who don't have the social skills and/or patience to sit around and chat up a customer. It's one thing to engage with a guy in a chirpy manner for a minute or two and then try to close the sale, but quite another to have a prolonged interaction. Some girls just aren't emotionally/mentally equipped to deal with customers in that manner, especially many of the younger girls.
  • jvTroop
    3 years ago
    I am sure theu like sugar baby cash over lapdance or tipping cash
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    I took op to mean whether dancers would rather have you buy dances or just give them money. In which case of course they'd prefer the tip.
  • RolandKash
    3 years ago
    Great question! In my opinion the whole "make it rain" era is ruining strip clubs. I can't tell you how many times that I've sat in the club with a pocket full of money but because i'm not making it rain the dancers assume that I'm not spending money and avoid me. What I have discovered is a lot of times the dancers are not just interested in making money they are really just partying with their dancer friends and they would rather their friends see them getting rained on than make a fortune quietly in the corner. They want to be able to post piles of 1s on the gram because if nobody saw it, it didn't happen.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Dance booth money usually entails a house cut, where as front room fraternizing tips do not. SJG
  • 8TM
    3 years ago
    It sounds like OP isn't talking about making it rain or stage tipping at all, he sits at the bar and waits for a dancer to come up and he feeds her 1s while she sits on his lap/grinds on him/etc. This is actually pretty common at one of my local clubs, but YMMV will definitely vary depending on the club. I can imagine the dancer getting annoyed if it's not something most customers do there.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Roland's. Its not that simple. If course they act like they're partying thats part of the vibe and club atmosphere. Management wants them working and filling up sections. The girls tag the club in their ug stories. They also take reservations for sections and get a cut. Plus dance in those sections. A lot goes into it
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    ^I'm guessing that is at the more "urban clubs". This Roland might be at more white or mixed clubs I'm also guessing.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Whatever makes them the most cash in the shortest amount of time and within their boundaries. That's going to be the baseline. Beyond that ... depends on the type of club, the region-specific practices, and of course the dancer. You can also just ask them. Sometimes, a dancer can be pretty open about how they want to be paid. I know that gets in the way of the "fantasy", but we're all folks hanging out on a strip club website. There's only so much fantasy that's possible, at this point.
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    Pressuring you after you said no seems rather silly given you already paid them for simply dancing on stage(something you have to do most the time) so sitting with you and talking for a bit in my mind is a reasonable expectation after tipping on stage well however I have seen dancers get tipped well on stage, thank the customer, and go back to their phone in the dressing room. 🙃 ^ yeah I learned quickly when I've had a guy that made it rain on me get upset that I wanted to move on too quickly. I dont mind though sitting and chatting a bit afterward with those that tipped me well on stage. I think OP is asking tho about tipping the cost of a dance or higher per song for some floor teasing or floor dancing? Idk. That is fine too imo. My only issue with that is that some clubs will get on my ass if I tease dudes on the floor who are tipping me a good amt of 1s. Some clubs strictly want dancing in a dance area they take a cut off. But if it is allowed sure I'd rather make dance money per song without giving the club a cut. Fuck these clubs and giving them money. I regularly scam clubs out of money I owe them I dont give a fuck.
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    They take a cut of* not off
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Personally I just like handing a dancer money beforehand as a tip. She'll give me dances hang out. But I'd rather she get my money than the club.
  • alldaylong
    3 years ago
    Money is money. The question is why are you tipping her in 1s if you're going to spend just as much as if you were buying dances. Be upfront and tell her you're looking to talk or what you're looking for and offer a price. But I call bullshit on you spending more on tipping 1s than she'd make from dances unless you're making it rain or have a timer that reminds you to slide a 1 every 10 seconds...
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Always better to be able to engage in unstructured fraternizing with a girl in the front room. But this does cost money. The best is a front room makeout session, then you invite her to the back room, then you start seeing her outside ASAP. Buying dances is a chump's game. It is a gimmick invented to get more money for the house. SJG
  • herbtcat
    3 years ago
    If you are happy tipping for stage and conversation time, then do that. It's your money, spend it however you want to. But be aware that if you are looking for an extended time chatting and cuddling with a near-naked hottie, she's going to want to occasionally leave your side to offer laps to other guys - unless you specifically ask her to stay with you and you offer (and she agrees to take) a compelling amount of cash to do so. Just ask her if your terms are acceptable. She will let you know.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    I like talking with the girl before deciding whether or not I want a dance or five. At the bar I'll buy drinks as often as she wants and tip her 5, 10, sometimes 20 now and then, to make up for the fact that she could be working the bar for tips instead of sitting with me. Depends on how busy it is and what kind of other cheapskate PLs are there. Plenty of girls make bank off of me just by having a nice intelligent conversation. If she's a moron or a ROB I'll cut her loose pretty fast, unless she's really hot. Assuming she's hot I'll keep the moron over the ROB. I've had some pretty good VIPs with girls that don't even know who is President of the United States. Thank God they don't vote.
  • jestrite50
    3 years ago
    If you enjoy sitting by yourself in the club then continue treating her like a vending machine and continue with Pay for Play. I have found it works better for me if you really like a girl to tip her an occasional 5 or a 10 instead of a one to get her attention and if she spends time with you continue with a 20 in the front room. The next time you go to the club I guarantee you won't have to sit by yourself.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    Not surprising, all of the dancers and only a couple of the mongers got the answer correct. It’s the rate of cash payment, not the number of dollars that matter. If the dancer gets the most payment in the shortest amount of time, she’ll finish the night with the most amount of cash she can earn. That doesn’t account for some dancers acting cash-irrationally and wanting to party or sitting with someone for conversation, but on balance they want fast cash. That’s not lazy or unwillingness to work, that’s good business. Some will do better selling dances. Some will do better with stage tips. Every dancer spends more time in strip clubs than we dudes do. They know the market better. They may not know you and how you want to spend your money, but so what. They have to pay rent based on their business decisions. Make your offer and live with the results.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    nicespice wrote, "So the odd thing about being tipped for just sitting on the main floor for conversation, it’s usually been more generous spending, or barely anything. As in, either getting $400-$700 and maybe a couple dances in there for an undetermined length of time, or a douche who says “I’ll take care of you” and gives like maybe $20 at most. Usually when a customer proposed tipping for talking, I get suspicious." I'm talking about a transfer of cash which is close to or equal to the per song dance fee. The initial cash shows good intent, as well as respect and care. "I'll take care of you", is something to say a little bit further along, like when getting close to taking her to the back room, and when talking about taking her right out the front door to continue. And front room money should have no house cut. The objective is not to economize, the objective it to get the girl totally off script and to get her to let you lead the interaction. Want her to feel in her bones that you have selected her because you like her. If she goes for this then where it leads has no real boundaries. There will be talk, but what is said will likely have been rehearsed so that the most important things, the things a girl will want to know, will be communicated quickly. And of course, when the girl softens up and the shoulders drop, it will probably turn into a front room makeout session. The more back room FS they do at that club, the more likely that this makeout session will happen. SJG
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    ^And I got PM directed from SJG on this post. I’m not too sure how to respond other than welcome back and nice to see you getting back into the swing of things. P.S. threads on this aren’t currently locked and it’s easy to bump any that you wish 😊
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Front room cash gives the PL a chance of taking the lead in the interaction. Remember, the girl is not being asked to do anything or agree to anything. She is just getting cash pressed into her hand. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    In our underground circuit the girls don't sell dances. Rather they just start dancing for you, and then they try to extract money. Experienced dancers insist that they get more money that way. They dance and meter in money. In the "wanna dance" places, they spend their time talking about doing dances. If a girl approaches you, you can just hand her money, or you can approach her. SJG
  • jestrite50
    3 years ago
    Yes you're right. In some of the Akron bars they will approach you for a barside dance and just start dancing knowing that's why you are there.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    If she will let you hand her money and talk to her, then you have the chance to steer it the way you want. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    If the money handing can extend to talk, feel ups, nuzzling, then you are very close to a front room makeout session. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ^^^^^ In our own underground circuit, girls would press forehead to forehead in such situations. Kissing is officially prohibited, but those girls defy any attempts to regulate. Best to make it fun by starting them off with open tongue kissing. But as most of the time those places had no on site FS capability, needed to set that up yourself. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Very best will always be a place where you and the girl can play it the way you want. Then short term privacy is available, and then longer term and TLN privacy too, and you can just take a girl out the door with you. We will get there, but guys have got to learn the importance of front room tipping to make it so the girl can open up to you. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    As I have read, there is this place Venom in Tucson. They say that the cabaña rooms go for $15 per 15min. So that would be $60 for an hour. That is AMP house fees. So probably you could get friendly, FRMOS, with a dancer of your choice, not for free, but with generosity. Then you could take her into the cabaña room, with more money. And because you played it nice with her with the FRMOS, things would be mind blowing. Then with more money you could probably be waking up in the mornings with her. It all works because you are just giving her money, not trying to "buy" any kind of service from her. Likely it would be very similar to all that is reported and captured in videos about TJ. Probably this Venom place is better than anything in CA. Front room tipping gives you a good chance of being able to lead the interaction. SJG Robin Trower, Hannah [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion