tuscl

CNN director admits to the spreading of fake news.

TheeOSU
FUCK IT!
To the morons that think cnn is impartial, read on..

CNN director shown on undercover video boasting about removing Trump from office and admitting to spreading propaganda

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/…

Of course the kool-aid drinkers will refuse to believe it or admit it's been happening for years.

27 comments

• misterorange
    3 years ago
    Wow, thanks for posting that. I've always known CNN was full of shit and just promoting the left wing agenda, but I honestly didn't think they were stupid enough to brag about it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Yeah - that ship has kinda sailed - anyone paying attention can see "the media" now consider themselves activists more than journalists - likely they've always felt like this but now they think they can come and say it and even brag about it - just look at the complete hit-piece "60 Minutes" did on DeSantis; and they are doubling-down on it - today's media will go full-out to kneecap anyone that does not bend-the-knee to woke ideology - anyone seen as a threat to woke-ism will be dealt-with like a hive of killer-hornets.

After what they did what they did to Trump they are now riding-high and think they can do it to anyone that is seen as a threat to their ideology; and they may be right - and IMO they think they can manipulate/steal any election and that's why they are going to the extremes they are going to b/c they feel they won't have to deal w/ the consequences/backlash b/c they feel they can manipulate or steal the election from anyone that proves to be a threat.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    What is a news "technical director"? Sounds like a glorified tech nerd who shot his mouth off and any second now the real power brokers are going to ask him to bend over to sign a pink slip on his back. Is any of it true? What's the difference? People act like agendas are something that just became a thing.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    FNN would be a more accurate abbreviation (Fake News Network)

Supposedly more info from the undercover video is coming out tomorrow including how FNN manipulated Corona info.

The guy that did the undercover video (James Okeefe founder of Project Veritas) is currently suing the NYT - the NYT has been trying to get the lawsuit thrown-out but the NY Supreme Court said there was merit to the lawsuit and it should continue - Okeefe also announced that he planned to sue CNN - he's suing both for defamation for calling his reporting misinformation - Okeefe said that people need to start suing these news networks for their willful misreporting and smear-campaigns.
  • BumHip
    3 years ago
    Cry more snowflakes.
  • pistola
    3 years ago
    Can you imagine if Trump fell up the stairs? CNN would cover that for a month.

• Muddy
    3 years ago
    Walter Cronkite is spinning in his grave when you mention CNN
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    That fake news spreads fake news is not news.

I can still hear President Trump when he told CNN, "You ARE fake news." That may be the single most truthful utterance by a POTUS ever.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    To Papi's point about suing news orgs for libel and slander, I would like to know how much these settlements are. It would seem like a natural deterrent to either frivolous suits or malicious reporting. If they're only paying $25,000 nusiance settlements, good luck finding a lawyer to take your case. If they're paying $2.5M to avoid larger damages, then they will learn damn quick to drop the bias-based agenda reporting and fake news. Courts should not allow gag orders and sealed records.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Still my favorite Trump clip of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfQHuheL…
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    So a group of people who feel that just wearing a dress makes someone with a cock and balls female, also believe in the fake news from CNN? News at 11.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    BFD

This guy is a high school AV Club member who controls the audio and video switches and has absolutely nothing to do with content. Look at the job description in the article.

Did any of you stop clutching your pearls long enough to actually read the article? The story doesn’t match the headline. They used video of Biden looking young? They are focused on Matt Gaetz because he’s anti democrat? Shrug.

Switch to Fox News and tell me it’s any different.

Reporters write stories. Editors write headlines.
  • ime
    3 years ago
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/we-w…

A technical director for CNN made the grave error of sitting down with a (probably hot) undercover female journalist from Project Veritas, to whom he admitted that the network "got Trump out" with their coverage, and that he "100% believe(s) that if it wasn't for CNN, I don't know that Trump would have got voted out."

"I came to CNN because I wanted to be part of that," added the director, Charlie Chester.

He then explained how the network engaged in propaganda to 'create a story' about Trump vs. Biden.

"[Trump’s] hand was shaking or whatever, I think. We brought in so many medical people to tell a story that was all speculation -- that he was neurologically damaged, and he was losing it. He's unfit to -- you know, whatever. We were creating a story there that we didn't know anything about. That's what -- I think that’s propaganda," he said, adding "We would always show shots of him [Biden] jogging and that [he’s] healthy, you know, and him in aviator shades. Like you paint him as a young geriatric."

Watch:

Transcript below (via PV):

Veritas Journalist: “I guess I have a confession. I worry about Biden and his health, I guess.”

CNN Technical Director Charlie Chester: “Your news health?”

Veritas Journalist: “What? No, I said Biden, our president.”

Chester: “Oh, his health.”

Veritas Journalist: “I want to take care of him and make sure he's okay.”

Chester: “He is definitely -- the whole thing of him running during the entire -- like run for the campaign. Showing him jogging is obviously deflection of his age and they're [CNN] trying to make it like, ‘Oh, I'm healthy.’”

Veritas Journalist: “Is that what we did? I don't know. Like what do you mean?” 

Chester: “We would always show shots of him [Biden] jogging and that [he’s] healthy, you know, and him in aviator shades. Like you paint him as a young geriatric.”

Chester went on to say that COVID-19 media coverage should be coming to an end in the near future. He added that CNN is already preparing its shift in coverage to push and promote climate change fear. 

“I think there's a COVID fatigue. So, like whenever a new story comes up, they're [CNN’s] going to latch onto it. They've already announced in our office that once the public is -- will be open to it -- we're going to start focusing mainly on climate,” Chester said.

Chester: “It's going to be our [CNN’s] focus. Like our focus was to get Trump out of office, right? Without saying it, that's what it was, right? So, our next thing is going to be climate change awareness.”

Veritas Journalist: “What does that look like?”

Chester: “I don't know. I'm not sure. I have a feeling that it’s going to be like, constantly showing videos of decline in ice, and weather warming up, and like the effects it’s having on the economy--”

Veritas Journalist: “Who decides that?”

Chester: “Head of the network.”

Veritas Journalist: “Who is that? Is that [Jeff] Zucker?”

Chester: “Zucker, yeah. I imagine that he's got his council and they've all like, discussed, like where they think--”

Veritas Journalist: “So, that's like the next--”

Chester: “Pandemic-like story that we’ll beat to death, but that one's got longevity. You know what I mean? Like there's a definitive ending to the pandemic. It'll taper off to a point that it's not a problem anymore. Climate change can take years, so they'll [CNN will] probably be able to milk that quite a bit.”

Veritas Journalist: “So, climate change overload.”

Chester: “Be prepared, it's coming. Climate change is going to be the next COVID thing for CNN.”

…

Veritas Journalist: “You think it's going to be just like -- a lot of like, fear for the climate?”

Chester: “Yeah. Fear sells.”

• ime
    3 years ago
    Yes let CNN tell you what to believe. Time to start removing these people from society.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    Again, BFD
  • rockie
    3 years ago
    No network offers the news without their spin. Poster's on here have that same issue, but we don't suggest that we are offering anything, but our view or opinion! T
  • ime
    3 years ago
    Again go fuck yoursel jimmy you lefty shill.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    No, no! Reading a hack like mcnutty trying to minimize, spin, and doctor the ugly truth about the fake news media is hilariously entertaining.

Keep it coming, jimbo, this is just the hump day chuckle I needed.
  • rockie
    3 years ago
    In case I missed this rare occasion, who exactly offers "just the facts" in the media and on this board - when it comes to events in our world?
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    I 100% agree that left and right media spins the news and has an agenda. I don’t think this article shows anything all that shocking. Pull your panties out of your ass and point to something this guy did that offends your oh so delicate snowflake sensibilities.
  • ime
    3 years ago
    Well tard they are saying outright they are using propaganda, sure they have no credibility and haven't for a long time, but they need to stop calling themself news then. Nothing about sensibilities when they are just spewing lies to further a political agenda.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    If you want to know how bad things are at Fake News Network, their top-rated show is losing viewers to FNC's worst. Fredo Cumomo viewers are switching to that arrogant blowhard, Gutfeld. That is just sad.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    I probably am retarded for trying to actually discuss this rationally with you. Yes, he called it propaganda. But what was it? That they brought in doctors to assess whether the former president’s shaking hand was a sign he was unfit to be president? That’s the smoking gun that has you so triggered? You’re a fish that got hooked by a headline that has very little substance behind it.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Hey, Mcnutty said the "r" word!
    #CancelMcNutty #JimboMustGo
  • bkkruined
    3 years ago
    So, good old James O'Keefe (convicted criminal) makes a gotcha video of some menial CNN technician trying to impress some tinder date trying to get laid and all you get excited about his claim that CNN has some kinda spin to it.
    In other news, FOX legal department shows up IN FUCKING COURT and trying to defend lying bullshit said on air by their biggest star as something that everyone knows isn't real so shouldn't be held accountable for...
    https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123…
  • yankeez4lif
    3 years ago
    A network technical director sounds like a geek squad position which has nothing to do with news reporting. With that said, for anyone that considers CNN as impartial, I own a bridge in Brooklyn, NY that I'm willing to part with for below retail value.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    Did a quick search on the bounty story desertscrub mentioned. Low confidence intel reporting isn't the same thing as a hoax. What politicians and their staffers choose to do with the information they receive is up to them. Want better decisions in the USA? Elect better representatives in the two branches of government that install the third. Competence can be taught, but basic intellect and common sense cannot.

Fox News interpretation: "A senior Biden administration official said the intelligence community only had 'low to moderate' confidence in the Russian bounty story, meaning it is unproven and possibly untrue."

Quotes from Fox News story: "'The United States intelligence community assesses with low to moderate confidence that Russian intelligence officers sought to encourage Taliban attacks against U.S. and coalition personnel in Afghanistan in 2019, and perhaps earlier, including through financial incentives and compensation,' the official said.

'U.S. intelligence community agencies have low to moderate confidence in this judgment in part because it relies on detainee reporting, and due to the challenging operating environment in Afghanistan, our conclusion is based on information and evidence of connections between criminal agents in Afghanistan and elements of the Russian government,' the official continued."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-inte…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion