tuscl

Thanksgiving Plans

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
You losers staying home or traveling to go visit family?

I am traveling about 15 minutes to my parents.

We usually travel out of state to visit a siblings family and stay at least 1 night - not happening this year.

22 comments

• THE CHAINDOG
    4 years ago
    Working! I am a LEO!
  • ATACdawg
    4 years ago
    Assuming that our health stays good, we will be driving 20 minutes (~7.5 miles) to our daughter (and husband and two grandkids). One thing that may complicate that is if her husband has been out of town, he will have to isolate for two weeks.
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    I will be cooking a turkey for my daughter and 2 grand daughters.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    Probably nothing to be honest.
  • codemonkey
    4 years ago
    I have a lot of family and a few friends traveling to my place.
  • jackslash
    4 years ago
    Friends invited me to their house for a socially distanced Thanksgiving meal. Just the couple and me sitting at a separate table. They live in my neighborhood and I can walk to their house.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Just the two of us. The wife is very concerned about COVID, so she wants as few risks of exposure as possible. We've volunteered at charities the past few years, and I feel terrible that we will not do so this year; but I have to admit that it makes sense. TBH, I need the extended weekend.

Accordingly, I bought a medium-sized duck, and I looked up some recipes on side ideas. I am very excited to be trying to make New Orleans style bread pudding for dessert.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    I will be spending thanksgiving with my family they will be here by Wednesday before and stay through Sunday it should be nice as I am finally retired and fortunately everyone is healthy hope y’all have a very happy thanksgiving as well
    Stay healthy
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Don't lie. Or did your dementia help you forget that your family disowned you and won't even acknowledge your existence?
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Actually, no, I'm very happy for you. I hope your whole family attends. I hope you all gather around the table and spend a lot of time in close proximity. Because at least one of them will be spreading CoVID. LOL.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    It’s going to be different this year, as my sister is having a small immediate family dinner.

I will go and get our mother from her home, and my daughter, and we are hoping for decent weather. As long as the temperatures are above 50, we can eat outdoors and be a bit distant. Luckily my sister has a large outdoor area, with a covered patio and fireplace.

It’s going to be odd and painful, but necessary, as this will be the first thanksgiving since our father passed.

I hope everyone can find a safe way to enjoy this thanksgiving. It’s not going to be easy, but it is important to see one another in some way.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Wife and I alone this year. 61 years in a row I have had Thanksgiving with my extended family. The only holiday that ever mattered to us. The Government encouraging scum to riot in the streets while shutting down family plans is the enemy of the people and needs to be treated as such.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    4 years ago
    Just my girl and her mom and sister
  • Techman
    4 years ago
    Cincinnati Ohio to Mystic Connecticut. Will miss my ATF to two weeks.
    Maybe go to Mynx in Groton CT. I'll review if I do.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    Will wait until after Christmas. At that point I’ll know if I will be asking off or outright quitting a vanilla job and not worrying about it. I’d imagine the gas stations will be annoying to pass through anyways
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    Thanksgiving is a big day in the Dugan household. We will cook a prime rib roast with homemade gravy since we just don't like turkey that much but otherwise it's pretty traditional. Everything is cooked from scratch here, so we'll be running the oven the night before and most of the next day right up until it's time to eat. Elaborate side dishes, pies (even the crust is made from scratch), cakes, and cookies will all be filling up every available space in our kitchen. Each of our three children gets to pick whatever homemade dessert she would like to have for after dinner.

Needless to say we have leftovers for many days after. The leftover prime rib will become roast beef sandwiches and a wonderful beef stroganoff. Sadly there is usually very little beef gravy left after the main event as beef roasts don't throw off as much juice as a full blown turkey, but nothing's perfect, lol.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    4 years ago
    Prime rib is very juicy. I've never tried it 2ith gravy
  • gSteph
    4 years ago
    Just me and ***.

40 years married, we've had up to 18 in house for Thanksgiving before, never less than 6 or 7. Sigh.

It's possible daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter might come down from Portland, but unknown for now.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    @gSteph
    I get how you feel, never had less than I’ve never been to thanksgiving or hosted one with less than 12-15 over a lifetime of thanksgivings it’s always been my favorite holiday, but I feel greatful that my children will be here from Wednesday to Sunday it’s my first holiday as a retiree, and I am thankful that my family is healthy and will be here with me.
  • SerenitySinn
    4 years ago
    Normally cook a bunch of food for Staff & Entertainers at 1 of the clubs and always work.
    But debating about just closing all day/night this year?? 🤷🏻‍♀️🦃
    Occasionally every 5years or so? Go home to Colorado,Kansas,Pittsburgh.
  • bang69
    4 years ago
    I will be cooking venison and having some strippers over
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    Isolating and doing some zoom calls with family
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion