tuscl

Affirmative action comes to the Oscars

TheeOSU
FUCK IT!
Well it won't be fully implemented until 2024 but it looks like soon a movie won't be considered for best picture unless at least one of the actors is a black/brazilian/preop/transgender/woman that portrays a climate change scientist that owns a flower shop and sells truffles in a hair salon.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/…

Just fucking crazy, there's no end to this shit!

I guess there won't be anymore Saving Private Ryan, Braveheart, or Patton type movies good enough to be a future best picture.

69 comments

• pistola
    4 years ago
    Lol. Soon the Incredible Hulk 2025 is going to be a hermaphrodite with a pink afro.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    I'll have to edit my post, I just remembered the prince in Braveheart was gay. 🤓

• Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Fuck them - I may be wrong but I think a lot of these award shows have been getting shitty ratings over the last few years - now that they are going into ludicrous-woke-mode I think their shitty-ratings and gonna need a serious infusion of Pepto_Bismol
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    AA only applies to gov institutions or those getting money from the gov.

And you should applaud diversity initiatives.

• Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    Wouldn't it suck to win an award based on some sort of quota versus merit.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    Kinda like during segregation when whites were given credit for everything
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    None of the movies that people actually want to see are ever nominated anyway.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Some communities need inclusion based on anything other than merit and competence. Let's face facts. If you need laws saying you're equal, it's because you aren't.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ wow - what a campaign slogan
    😄
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    I never watch them anyhow. I pick movies based on what I like.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    AA (Affirmative Action) on steroids it's on its way:

"ESPN removes Hank Williams Jr. from 'Monday Night Football' intro"

"... Instead of Williams’ iconic “All My Rowdy Friends Are Here on Monday Night” that became the anthem for weekday football in 1989, ESPN will air a rendition of Little Richard’s “Rip It Up,” mashing the late artist’s vocals with instrumentation from Virginia-based band Butcher Brown, per the report ..."

".... The official stance from ESPN is that the “rowdy” Williams intro doesn’t jibe with a season of NFL games being played in stadiums with limited or no fan capacity because of COVID-19, according to SBJ ..."

"... But it shouldn’t be ignored in 2020 that ESPN is removing Williams in favor of one of the Black founding fathers of rock ‘n’ roll backed by a majority Black band. Little Richard, who died in May, was a titan of the genre and one of the most influential artists in American popular music ..."

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-espn-rem…

This is in addition of the two white "Dancing With The Stars" hosts being axed out-of-the-blue and being replaced by a black-woman (Tyra Banks).
  • WhiteyJackson
    4 years ago
    Next the concession booths are going to stop selling popcorn because it’s yellow & start selling blunts and bananas.
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    if you have a movie that you enjoyed watching and it's nominated for an oscar chances are it's not going to win.

ford vs ferrari was a cool flick.
  • chessmaster
    4 years ago
    "If you need laws saying you're equal, it's because you aren't."

That's the underlying implication. It would actually be offensive if I didnt know it was really for black women and the LGBTQ people more than anything.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I wouldn't be surprised if all of a sudden there start being a lot more AAs being given head-coaching jobs even if they are not the top option for the job - at some point the 'N' in the NFL is not gonna change from "National" to "Negro"
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Only one group has benefited from the government program of bigotry called affirmative action: White, liberal, well educated women. Good show NFL, picking the shittiest song Little Richard ever did. Last fantasy draft tonight, so other than turning on the pats game after the pre-game stupidity ends, I will just watch fantasy. Worked for baseball as I have watched one inning this year.
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    if anything why would you even want to even win an oscar? wasn't there a period of time when winning one of those things was as deadly as being on the cover box of the madden football game? fuck that!! if anything just be happy that you don't get nominated and you still are consistently landing film roles, big or small.
  • rockie
    4 years ago
    Papi: There is not one "quality" white head coach that will not have an NFL head coaching job because of a more focused affirmative action intent. There are only about 6 quality NFL head coaches today and a couple of them will 70 soon. I am in favor of the best qualifiers getting opportunities and all for the elimination of the "good ole boys network" everywhere. I also know why the NFL "Rooney rule" exists, but when a team move on from a minority head coach they should not be subjected to the "Rooney rule" in choosing the next immediate successor. There is never a day where someone is forced to interview Hue Jackson as a Head Coach candidate again, but I'm all for a Head Coach with the potential of Brian Flores or the the resume of a young Todd Bowles type candidate.
  • chessmaster
    4 years ago
    I think white guys are better coaches in sports on average(better at critical and analytical thinking) but I can't ignore the fact black men rarely get jobs as head coach with no experience or resume. Something that happens on a regular basis for white men.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    A coach should be given a job irrespective of his color - the point in my post is that with all the over-the-top wokeness in sports and entertainment, that there might start being coaches given HC positions w/ them being black as the top criteria; i.e. not that they are totally unqualified, but that they might be given the job even if they are not the top available person, b/c of the woke-pressure - this is supposedly happening in college admissions already where if you are white or Asian and have the same credentials as a black student, the white or Asian student has a significantly lower chance of getting into certain schools; and at times white or Asian students with better credentials are still not given admittance over blacks with lower academic-credentials - a good # of AAs have been given HC positions over-the-years and very-few have had staying-power - in sports it's all about winning and one would assume if an AA HC provides the best-chance of winning that he'd get the job - I don't think saying there aren't enough AAs in 'X' position automatically equals racism; if that was the barometer then one would then have to say there's racism against white players in the NFL and NBA b/c they are quite underrepresented; not to mention scholarships in football and basketball at the top schools.
  • chessmaster
    4 years ago
    Papi I actually agree. I am not in favor of any affirmative action anywhere because the way the oppression olympics works is next will need women coaches and then gay/lesbian/non-binary coaches and it will be the same as hollywood and corporate america where the most "oppressed" people will be given jobs they almost certainly arent qualified for. I was just pointing out yet another double standard but I know why that is and its not necessarily racism or any of that crap. Thats all I'm gonna say.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Not saying this writer's POV is beyond-reproach; but his take on it:

"Diversity, Equity And Inclusion Nonsense"

https://www.dailywire.com/news/williams-…
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ LOL - someone gave me a thumbs-up as soon as I posted a link to an article that would take several minutes to read - LOL (well - it's the thought that counts 😃)
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    w.r.t. my article above, I decided to look up the author and it turns out he's a black university professor (in case someone would think "that is what a cracker would write"):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_E._…
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    My sources tell me that Founder is also going woke - according to my sources Founder will now start giving AA TUSCLers 3-months VIP per review - systemic racism must be addressed at every damn level you crackers
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    ^Lol where is the automatic click to the separate black club section regardless of area and roster of AA members. And it’s cracka ass cracka get it straight.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    😎
  • Tetradon
    4 years ago
    Hollywood has been a bunch of moral deviants mutually gratifying and covering each others' crimes for years now. No one who covered for Harvey Weinstein and Roman Polanski is worth listening to.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    The Libs have been in charge of Hollywood forever - so now they're gonna "really start fighting racism"?
  • winex
    4 years ago
    I would boycott the Oscars, but the only problem is that I did so decades ago.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Anyone that knows anything knows "Oscar" is a white-supremacist name - my sources tell me they are gonna be renamed "The Tyrones" - I say it's about damn time; enough of this systemic racism you damn crackers
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    Why is promoting diversity so offensive to you? And how come a lack of diversity isn't offensive?
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    Also why is fighting racism bad but racism isn't?
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    There's a difference b/w racism, and made-up-racism with an agenda in mind
  • Tetradon
    4 years ago
    “There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.”
    ― Booker T. Washington
  • winex
    4 years ago
    @IceyDodo - discriminating against someone because of their race is racism. Just because you are comfortable with discriminating against white people doesn't mean that everyone is.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ".... Why is promoting diversity so offensive to you? And how come a lack of diversity isn't offensive ..."

The Libs now want to actively discriminate against whites and give special/specific privileges to blacks - as I posted a while back, several Dem politicians want to do away with racial discrimination laws so they can then actively/lawfully discriminate against whites
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    “There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.”
    ― Booker T. Washington

this is the business procedure one rev al sharpton has been following all of these years.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    and the people these "activists" claim to be speaking for stay in the same predicament decade after decade listening to the "you're a victim theology" while the "activists" are " movin' on up to the east side to a deluxe apartment in the sky"
  • winex
    4 years ago
    I'm looking forward to IceyDodo or ChickenShit coming along and calling Booker T Washington a racist...
  • Tetradon
    4 years ago
    @winex, two racially-confused, try-hard children who talk in what white boys think is "street." They're too dumb to know we're laughing _at_ them, not _with_ them.

I welcome their disapproval.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    Did you see ChickenShit's reaction when I recommended that he read some stuff from Walter Williams and/or Thomas Sowell?
  • Tetradon
    4 years ago
    Yes. Anyone who disagrees with Rachel is a "coon," anyone who agrees with Rachel is authentic.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    Personally I believe that Williams and Sowell are national treasures. I have been reading both since the 80s.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    Addressing white privilege is anti racism
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    This new "white privilege slogan" is just critical-race-theory Marxist bullshit.

You gotta give these Marxists credit though - they know what they are doing - first they hind behind the slogan "black lives matter" so they can't get criticized b/c any criticism of *anything* they do is painted as being anti-black - then they use "white privilege" as a pseudonym for racist so white people don't get offended but instead feel guilty.

If you ask me, there's more black-privilege going-around than any other kind of privilege.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    The right wing extremism on this forum is proof white privilege is alive and well
  • ime
    4 years ago
    Right wing extremism is being anything not to the extreme left. You can't convince anyone to join your side because you base your life of not seeing reality or acknowledging facts or the way the world is. you are the result of everyone getting participation trophies and thinking they are worth something, who wants everything handed to them for free and putting in no time or hard work. You could learn but you won't so continue to be a useless whiny bitch.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Whites are evil. Whites are privileged. Whites are racist. Whites need to pay reparations. Whites need to shut up.

Can anyone explain why Hillary lost the working class vote in 2016 ? It’s a total mystery.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    The Dems have tried everything they can to get rid of Trump even b/f he was elected - they are now so desperate that they are aligning themselves with any and all societal-misfits from anarchists to street-thugs - reminds of Hedley Lamar's desperate attempt to take down the town of Rockridge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLpmswBK…
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Everything we are seeing in the streets today is the result of Democrats decision 50 years ago to base their power on identity politics.

The solution to this insanity is to bring jobs and school reform to urban areas before they ( further ) resemble Bladerunner and/or Mad Max.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    Trump supporters are basically the kkk
  • ime
    4 years ago
    Well Democrats are literally the KKK. Even have new black hoods instead of white.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    No republinazis are. Youre the ones rallying against racial equality diversity an end to police brutality social safety nets etc
  • ime
    4 years ago
    Wrong, you are just an ignorant dummy. Everyone was against police brutality, Democrats just decided to burn and loot and that is what people don't want. We already have social safety nets and that is a huge problem because people stay on them for their entire lives and never contribute to the great good. Too many takers. So fuck off bitch boy run back to the Democrats who promise you the world for doing nothing and being useless.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    "... Well Democrats are literally the KKK. Even have new black hoods instead of white ..."

Libs and the far-left are the ones terrorizing the streets of many Dem cities
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I think what needs to come to the Oscars is affirmative common sense
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    Youre out of touch with reality. The uprising not unlike the Boston Tea party is a direct response to an illegitimate regime aiming towards totalitarianism.

It's America vs Trump and his Nazis
  • Tetradon
    4 years ago
    Right, because racism started with Trump. I'll ask you again, does being a dumbass come naturally or do you have to work at it?
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    Trumps policies and support of the apt right neonazis exacerbated race problems
  • ime
    4 years ago
    Good lord you are an idiot
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    If Trump wins re-election, then delivers jobs and quality charter schools to urban Blacks, that’s the end of the Democrat party. They have no fresh policies or programs. They have existed solely by instilling fear and dependence in their coalition. Once that is gone, there is no reason to vote D.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    I think the reason you see a lot of whites in movies is that the english speaking world is majority white. Speaking the language is big to getting these movies. I don't if everyone's always aware of the demographics of their domains. It's not always 50/50 Good Guy Minorities Vs. Oppressive White Men like the media portrays it.
  • oscarlomax
    4 years ago
    Everything has an agenda and we've been living under a fucked-up one for too long. So I have no sympathy for those crying about silly shit like "reverse racism." A made up construct because the nature of the term deals with a tool used to gain and maintain power through economics via using the dismissal of melinated folks. So now there appears to be extremists who tilt things the other way. That in no way redresses the vile shit that's been done but...it's kind of interesting to watch.
  • Tiburon
    4 years ago
    too bad the oscars keep plummeting in viewership every year. But you know, boohoo to the private club right?
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    In 1995, before the ban on race-preferential admissions, the level of preference at UC-Berkeley was very high. Here are the median math SAT scores for enrollees by race/ethnicity:

510 (blacks)

560 (Hispanics)

710 (Asians)

690 (whites)
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    anybody that got a c+ in 6th or 7th grade math could score 510-560.

• mark94
    4 years ago
    There’s a reason why universities offer Gender Studies and General Studies degrees, while lowering their grade standards. So, someone gets excited they got into a top school ( under affirmative action ), discovers they can’t handle the challenging courses, and graduates with a meaningless degree and $200,000 in student loan debt.

Meanwhile, China and India graduate 100,000 engineers every year.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    With the exception of IIT, every university in India is suspect.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion