tuscl

Why do you call yourselves "pathetic losers"

Saturday, August 1, 2020 11:59 PM
The term "PL" has always bothered me about this site, long before I ever posted much here. In this age of hyper sensitivity and political correctness it seems kind of harsh to use a term like this. Not only that but is it really accurate? I have a good friend who is a major Chad and has been with hundreds of women for free but still likes going to clubs and even paying sometimes. I don't think going to clubs necessarily makes someone a " loser." Just my opinion of course.

28 comments

• wallanon
    4 years ago
    It's some kind of social bonding thing here that some people picked up on and others followed along. I've only ever used it the way it was intended to be used, and pretty much dropped it altogether when people insisted on calling themselves that. Not because it lost it's meaning, but because it's confusing to people who don't post regularly about what it even means. There's more examples than anyone would have to write about how embracing a label to "own it" doesn't work.
  • xpando
    4 years ago
    The term has it's history in the [view link].strip-clubs USENET newsgroup which pre-dates this site and the modern Internet. You can still view all the history at [view link]
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    "You can still view all the history at [view link]" So does that mean it was a positive term or a negative term back in your day? I was on usenet way back when, but it was for other stuff and I'm not digging through archives to sort out what your point is.
  • xpando
    4 years ago
    I think the story was a dancer made the comment about her customers and one of them heard it, and it took.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    People that like to play video games and read books and conduct science are considered nerds. Now it's a positive term among them. People that like to have lots of sex with lots of people are considered sluts. Now it's a positive term among them. People that use money to gain any level of affection or socialization instead of improving social skills/dating skills/etc/etc are considered PLs. Some or most here consider it a positive term... or at least a humorous one. Stigma is just a reputation, not a character. Make that word, don't let it make you.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    When I first joined this site, I didn't like the term. Now I embrace it. Do I really think I"m a loser ? No. I'm having all kinds of fun.
  • FishHawk
    4 years ago
    @Eve, you nailed it.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    @OP that's just us you're better than that. 🙄
  • Chili Palmer
    4 years ago
    I was around ASS-C when the term was first introduced. Over the years, I've found that nearly 100% of the PLs who who take offense to it are always White Knights. Have yet to find an exception to this rule.
  • NAAAASTY
    4 years ago
    I've been a PL, RIL, white knight etc. None of it matters. Those that are bothered are small dicked insecure... NAAAASTY
  • ATACdawg
    4 years ago
    Basically, if you're looking for political correctness in this site, you have lost your way.😄
  • K
    4 years ago
    I was part of that community. We could have chosen to be offended, ignore it or own it.
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    anybody that i meet that engages in this political correctness right away goes on my shit list. has anyone here ever had any funny and meaningful conversations with those type of people? i don't give a fuck if people label us as PL's for what we do. instead of coming up with a label for those opposed to our choice of entertainment i opt to focus on what fun i'm about to have with a thick pawg or latina.
  • Meursault
    4 years ago
    People used to understand the humor in self deprecation. It’s one of the many casualties of the asinine modern day puritanical culture.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    I don't refer to myself as a PL, but I'll use the term from time to time to characterize the behavior of others. 😉 For over 10 years now I've read the silly notion that it's nothing but self deprecating humor, but I've never completely bought it. Maybe for some it is, but I think for others there's a tinge of self hate mixed in. Then mix in the accounts with users who aren't what they seem to be who eagerly use the term to describe club customers and there you go.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    But you always did think you were better than everyone else anyway so >>>>there you go LOL
  • Tetradon
    4 years ago
    I thought PL meant "pussy lover" at first, to which I reply, guilty as charged. I love women, whether dancer or civvie, and I love sex. I don't call myself a "pathetic loser," even in jest. By most metrics, I'm doing pretty well at life and living it on my own terms. But if others want to refer to everyone here as such, no skin off my ass.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    How is it political correctness to not want to use a label on yourself that doesn't fit? You want to identify as a loser and think it's fun, that's your call. Labels really aren't my thing, and I try not to generalize. I've got posts on here that weren't so great at that, but even when in character there's angles I avoid in case the stuff I do for entertainment crosses into IRL things. The only thing I've got on common with PLs and RILs as I perceive them is we like to go to strip clubs. That's the same way I look at a lot of what goes on at TUSCL on the boards. 2020 has actually been an up year for on topic posts that are interesting, plus it helps that its most disruptive troll is semi-retired. But it's also been a very ugly year for people who confuse a common interest with thinking we're all drinking buddies. It's all good, but the reason bar talk gets shrugged off is because people can (unconvincingly) blame it on the alcohol. Here it's just pages and pages of text that goes on and on. Kinda like this post. That's all for now. Have fun.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    I was an ass-c'er when the original PL term was coined by Siren! I can tell you it was very much a fun way to own the term, and of course also recognize that's how others might see us anyway. I always have compared it to how the gay community has embraced "queer" and made it THEIR term. Although for us it's more fun rather than political
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    Who cares, it's an inside joke. Outsiders looking in would laugh and considerate it pathetic for bald 60-yr-olds to brag about their prostitution habit.
  • jackslash
    4 years ago
    PLs all make over $350K a year. I learned this fact on TUSCL.
  • Hannathedog79
    4 years ago
    When I think about it, I kinda consider myself a PL in that I actually have to pay money to see a hot girl naked, or get sex from a reasonably attractive partner. If I don't pay, there is no chance of me getting any love from an acceptable-looking woman. Over 40 years of the only women interested in getting frisky with me are women I would never want to see naked. Yeah, I have Ferrari standards with my Yugo looks. :( That's kinda sad. On the other hand, I see plenty of guys who are willing to settle for far less than I would just to get laid or see naked boobies. I see them as PL's too. Which is worse? Not getting any unless you pay or having to severely lower your standards to get any?
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    LOL @ this PL in denial!
  • K
    4 years ago
    Subraman gets it. Maybe this is one of those times you did have to be there to get it . I should go through the archives and see if I can find any of my old usenet posts. It would be fun to see who and what were the topics of discussion. It may bring back some good memories
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    i go with hannathedog.
  • DeclineToState
    4 years ago
    Gotta admit there is some level of pathetic-ness related to paying to get your hands on a 20+ year younger hottie. But it's fun as hell and I ain't quitting anytime soon - if that makes me a PL, fine. A dude that pays to grope being uptight about PL label is similar to a lawyer being uptight about lawyer jokes. @ChiliPalmer, I'd never thought about the white night link, sounds about right. Funny, I've never heard an RIL on this board getting uptight about RIL label.
  • IceyLoco
    4 years ago
    I think it's a stupid term. But to me it implies men who can't get laid unless they pay
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    If you can afford to drop a few thousand at a strip club because it's pocket change to you, I'd hardly call that pathetic. Everything is relative.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion