tuscl

When was the last time you were in the back of a police car?

skibum609
Massachusetts
Wednesday, June 10, 2020 12:14 PM
Title says it all: For me it was September 1, 2019. Hows bout you all?

61 comments

• gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Winter of 2000 or 2001. It was bullshit, too. I got rousted. The cop knew it was BS and didn't even show up for my court case. Case dismissed.
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    It wasn't a police car but rather a police paddy wagon. There were no seat belts. I should have sued them. :) It was around 2005.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    I got the ride in the paddy wagon in march 1979 while in Florida. Being Florida we were not only cuffed, but leg chained together. The one lesson I learned from the experience is that when your shitting option is a hole in the floor of a giant holding cell with 50 people in it, the ability to hold it is increased one hundredfold.
  • TheElmerFudd
    4 years ago
    Fall 2010. It was around 4am. Pretty lousy end to my night.
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    Lawless, center-left, Dem here. Never been inside police car. Worst ticket was issued for viewing Google Maps while driving.
  • TheElmerFudd
    4 years ago
    Ski: a shit hole in a shithole, if you will
  • gobstopper007
    4 years ago
    With a stripper?
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    In a giant holding cell with 50 other people, Juice's complaint would be, "where's a tranny stripper when you need one?"
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    According to my wife I have been stopped by the Police while driving 67 times in the last 30 years. Two tickets; no arrests and to be fair one of the tickets came after I was stopped outside the Inner Room Cabaret after 14 hours of drinking and the cop gave me the ticket in lieu of going down to the station; blowing into the machine and melting it. To this day all my buddy can say is: "he let you fucking drive away with me in the car and never even asked me if I had been drinking. Lol.
  • TheElmerFudd
    4 years ago
    Any tips or tricks you’d share?
  • boomer79
    4 years ago
    Never. I'm 40 years old. I got one traffic ticket when I bumped a fender. I had the flu and had a sneezing fit while driving. I've never called the police on anyone or been questioned by them. I have worked with them in a couple of fraud cases (I'm a CPA).
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Never, and it’s been at least 25 years since I’ve even been stopped by a sheriff’s deputy Got a red light camera ticket a few years back but it was thrown out of court, and the state of Florida was forced to discontinue using cameras to issue traffic control tickets. The state lost a giant class action lawsuit which stated that traffic control was essential, but the use of private companies was essentially a revenue raising operation which was Deemed un constitutional and a violation of the obligation the government has to regulate safety policies.
  • crosscheck
    4 years ago
    I've never actually been in the back of a police car. I did once "assume the position" with my hands against the side of Massachusetts State Police cruiser after my brother, friend, and I got pulled over while we were passing a joint around and fishbowling my parents' car. Because it's just my luck, my father just happened to drive by while we were all up against the car and pulled over in one of those "this is not fucking happening" moments. I think I would have rather been in the back of the cruiser. Ahh, memories...
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    November 1984 - Third month away at college, two months before my 18th b-day so still a minor. 5 or 6 of us in a dorm room passing a bong around. Stunk up the entire hallway. Apparently the RA called campus security, who did nothing to intervene, they just called the cops. A knock on the door and one of the guys just opened it right up. Two uniformed police officers were staring me right in the face just as I was taking a hit off an 18" TokeMaster. They arrested just me because I was the one they saw doing it. Spent the night in one of those little Barney Miller type holding cells with cops all around. They were pretty cool. Got me a sandwich and all the bad coffee I could drink. They called my parents and my dad said no way he was driving three hours to get me out, so I could rot in jail for all he cared. Next morning they released me ROR and gave me a ride back to campus (without the handcuffs this time). 20 hours community service assisting with a swim class for little kids at my school's campus pool. It sucked because the classes were early on Saturday mornings. I'd always be hung over and plus I can't stand dealing with crying little kids. Had to smoke a joint before going there just to deal with that bullshit.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    4 years ago
    I have never been in the back of a police car before.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Never been in one. I have gotten about a dozen speeding tickets in my life though. Most back when the speed limit was 55.
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    High school. Pulled [view link] the front of my house as a passenger with two other friends in my car. Hung out for a few while we finished off the bottle we had. 7 police cars surround us and most of the cops storm towards my parents house guns drawn. My friend has a pipe and some week he pockets. A small crew told us to hold tight and took our licenses. They proceeded to take us one by one to the Lt's car for questioning. Prior to that I am repeatedly asking what's going on as this looks more than just a simple bust and the Sgt. finally says "Quiet! We are the ones to ask questions!" The Sgt finds my buddy's pipe, pulls him out and gives him shit by the cruiser. He is all going off on civil rights and shit. Then the Lt. takes me in the back of his cruiser for questioning and I quietly comply actually hoping to find out if my family is ok. "Name" I replay, "Where do you live?" I point at my house no more than 50 feet away "Right there!" He immediately gets on the radio to state just that to whoever's is on the other side. I state "My friends were dropping me off". Things got turned down real quick after that and long story short was the neighbors house was being robbed behind ours and they thought we were lookouts. I hear on the radio the thieves got spooked when a cruiser drove in front of the house with their lights on and they escaped. and I have no idea if they were ultimately captured but they fucked up that bust in all ways possible. An hour later I am released and my family was safe and had no idea this was going on. The cop took my buddy's pipe but left us alone. That was an odd experience.
  • kingcripple
    4 years ago
    4-5 years ago
  • rockie
    4 years ago
    I never had the experience, but I've been close a handful of times. I cooperated when I had to, which didn't mean I hung anyone else (that I was with) out to dry.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    December 2011.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ you have to give context
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    Probably like 20 yrs ago only once. Turns out i had a warrant for a speeding ticket i forgot about even though i didnt find that out until i was in the car riding to the station. Here is the thing when the cop cuffed me he got a little aggressive and i was like wtf but unlike that dumbshit making the news i said 'Sir Im not resisting, I dont understand but Ill do whatever you say.' He lightened up.
  • Dave_Anderson
    4 years ago
    When I was 18 I think, lol.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    @Papi. Guess for it. :D
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Hmm
  • GoVikings
    4 years ago
    Never
  • ime
    4 years ago
    Never
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    Can I guess Eve? DUI perhaps? It seems like most common. My second guess (which should probably been the first lol) is a planned cop sex fantasy in the back of the cruiser. This one would be more more fun.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    @Upright. Nope. Wasn't old enough to drink and didn't have my DL yet. I wish the second guess would have been the case. Although those cold hard seats would have made it uncomfortable.
  • elmer
    4 years ago
    1969 curfew violation and underage drinking took me home to my mommy lol Lost driving privileges for two weeks or so
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    Never
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    me too. never.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    # knock on wood .
  • jackslash
    4 years ago
    Never. I'm a model citizen.
  • TxVegas
    4 years ago
    Once, about twelve years ago, our car was hit and totaled. The police put us in the back seat of their car to drive us where we could be picked up. I was surprised how close the Front seat was to the Back. I could not put my feet in without turning them sideways. The cop was about 5’6” so I bet it is worse if they all tall. Never been put in with cuffs on.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    I get what you're saying about the back seat. I am getting more and more claustrophobic as I age and my last experience was a nightmare due to it.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    @Eve - being underage never stopped anyone from drinking and/or driving. Was it weed? 2nd guess: Curfew violation or playing hookey? Observation: all of these cop-hating, defund the police liberals have less direct experience with law enforcement than those of us who know better. I understand, Rachel Maddow told you to think this way, and you have no critical thinking ability to choose for yourselves.
  • jimmiedean
    4 years ago
    Once, my Blazer broke down on the road side. A county Sheriff pulled up. Just happened was my cousin, put in back seat and dropped me off at work. Workplace was quite the buzz, told them I was a work release program.
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    One time only; in college for tearing out of a Burger King drive through in my 73 Challenger. Drunk, with 3 other people in the car. Sat me back there, uncuffed while he radioed in my info. Came back clean. Asked me if I had been drinking; I said Yes. Saw no reason to lie. He said how many; I said ten beers. Both cops just turned around and looked at me and started laughing. Told him I was an honor student at the University..... wanted to see my student ID. Cited me for 45 in a 25, let me drive home while he followed.......... true story. Fuckin A that would NEVER happen nowadays.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    >>>Observation: all of these cop-hating, defund the police liberals have less direct experience with law enforcement than those of us who know better.<< ——— If the asshat keeps your ears warm keep it on.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    >>>>Observation: all of these cop-hating, defund the police liberals have less direct experience with law enforcement than those of us who know better. Fuckn wow
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Just think how different things would be today, if they had put floyd in the back of a police car instead of on the ground.
  • THE CHAINDOG
    4 years ago
    fairly often, even though I normaly drive it lol
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Personally I would like to see the police defunded in a few large, liberal cities. The carnage would end liberalism forever. Spend seven or eight thousand days in Court and you learn why people fail.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    @Gammanu. Nope and nope. (Never drank before and didn't know how to drive either. I was a late blooming college kid.)
  • EastCoaster
    4 years ago
    I was never in the back of a police car, but I did get busted by federal agents in June 1971 for possession of a third of an ounce of low-end Jamaican weed. I was 18 years old and 2,000 miles away from home, staying with friends in northern Washington. My buddy and I had spent the day in Vancouver, British Columbia, mostly in Stanley Park hanging with some cute Canadian girls. At the U.S.-Canadian border on the way back, my friend's long hair triggered some suspicion on the part of the U.S. border agents. They ordered us out of the car, searched through *everything* and found the weed, hidden in the toe of a boot with a sock stuffed in it. They took us inside, divided us up, marched us into separate rooms, and strip-searched us, each naked as a jay bird. Even though it was my friend's weed, I was the one they busted because it was my car. The United States of America owned the title to my car for about 45 minutes while I was trying to figure out how I was going to get home -- and what the hell I was going to tell my parents. Not a fun time. Ultimately, I had to pay a $100 fine, which was a lot of money back then, especially to an 18-year-old of limited means with no way to get more cash (no ATMs back then, and I didn't own a credit card). They also made me write an essay on why I thought they should give me back my car. In the end, I got the car back, but they kept the weed. Since then, other than getting more than my share of speeding tickets, I have somehow managed to lead a life which has been, thankfully, free of police interference. I plan to keep it that way.
  • daddyfatsack
    4 years ago
    All you criminals should've been shot or beaten
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Wah, wah, I am bitter and refuse to learn a goddamn thing.
  • daddyfatsack
    4 years ago
    What?
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Que?
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Was?
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Fue?
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    Nani?
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    Gì?
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    Co?
  • Mr_O
    4 years ago
    To many times to count. The police bring their cars to our shop for repairs.
  • gSteph
    4 years ago
    Summer of 77? The previous winter I got a ticket for hitchhiking on a city street. (I had stepped off curb for a couple steps to go around tree.) Five dollar fine. But I was surviving on $23 a week unemployment and food stamps, and forgot about it. One summer night (lots of drinking of course) 4 of us decide to go swimming at the city pool - at 2am. Climb over fence. Swim. Start climbing over fence to leave, Flashlights come on. HOLD IT RIGHT THERE, guys in blue bellow. We're all white, so they lecture us and let everyone go - except for Mr outstanding warrant me. Ride in cop car, night in jail. I felt like the guy in 'Alice's Restaurant'. "What's you in for?" Oh, and failure for my 1st attempt at quitting cigarettes.
  • Nidan111
    4 years ago
    December 2011. Cops followed me out of a bar parking lot. Pulled me over. Cufffed me. Found my gun in my passenger floor board without a magazine in it and no Round in the chamber. The cocky prick told his partner that I was obviously trying to shoot them. That’s when I started rattling off all the gun laws in my state. His partner told him to stand down. Probably the only upstanding cop I ever met.
  • Liwet
    4 years ago
    2005. Stopped following orders in boot camp. They got the whole platoon out to watch me too.
  • MackTruck
    4 years ago
    All day eveey day
  • MackTruck
    4 years ago
    I got this bro
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion