tuscl

OT: $1000 Paycheck to Every American

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 2:35 PM
Might help a lot of people current hit hard by Coronavirus.

14 comments

• Liwet
    4 years ago
    I'm curious what mental gymnastics some people will do to show that giving $1,000 to a poor person will hurt them in the long run.
  • joker44
    4 years ago
    $1000, ........t'aint necessarily so
    Latest: WH [Mnuchin] likes the idea but not necessarily the amount. Amount based on income AND family size. TWO checks would be mailed, one in early April and one in mid-May.
    Bottom Line: Don't spend it until it is safely deposited in your account.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    It will help some people but ultimately it is a drop in the bucket.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    As I posted b/f - I think people will less means should get more than those with more means - they need it more and would do them more good.
  • DenimChicken
    4 years ago
    This could really help people in all impacted industries, living paycheck to paycheck. It won't change the world but it could definitely be the difference between having a place/food for millions of people, for the next two months.

The bigger fear then comes if this all goes deep into summer and beyond....we can only hope not.
  • rogertex
    4 years ago
    I'd be very curious who on TUSCL receives this check.
    There are income limits ....
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I'm gonna donate my government check to a needy ho

😃
  • DenimChicken
    4 years ago
    @rogertex - from some threads on here, I'm sure many would qualify for it. TUSCL is not full of $200k+ posters (no clue what number they are tiering off from).

I'm sure there are plenty, but I'd expect the checks to hit the majority of guys on here.
  • Bavarian
    4 years ago
    Spend that check on your favorite stripper. Who knows if they will be getting one. I imagine some have never filed a tax return.
  • jackslash
    4 years ago
    $1000 is not much money for people who have lost their jobs and don't have any substantial savings or investments. I don't need a check. I would just waste it on strippers and beer.
  • joker44
    4 years ago
    jackslash, send me your check I'll put it to good use.
  • rane1234
    4 years ago
    Surely the big red hats dont accept handouts
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    "I'm curious what mental gymnastics some people will do to show that..."

I was just thinking about this. There will always be one person that will go insane to prove one good deed like this will throw a mass of people under the bus economically.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    I think what would really help as well is debt forgiveness for this crisis. People will come out of it owing back rent and back utility payments. This will hurt them in the long run.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion