tuscl

Club layout in reviews.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
The review guidelines say to include this information in the review and a lot of reviewers do a good job of following the guidelines. Some do not.

My question is when going to a club new you, do you have difficulty finding the bar, the stage or the men's room? Is that information in the review really helpful to you?

I appreciate being told that there are 2 bars, 3 stages and multiple VIP rooms but I can find them very easily without being told where they are.

There has got to be a better way to make a review long enough to get approved.

19 comments

• doctorevil
    5 years ago
    At my age, it’s extremely helpful to know exactly where the restroom is before I even enter the club.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    I don't need to see architectural blueprints. But, for a new customer getting a sense of club size, number of levels, lots of bar space, etc., helps them determine if it's the right place for them.

Also, though I don't go to strip clubs to play pool or watch sports, other guys really want that. And that's good layout information to include.

I create reviews assuming that many of the readers *are not* SC customers with decades of experience (either in that club or in general).
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I find it helpful to know if there’s a very dark main area after stepping out of bright sunlight keeps me from falling on my ass like flagooner;)
  • wallanon
    5 years ago
    If I see reviews that talk about a seating preference I'll keep that in mind when I go in. Some club reviewers talk about how the tipping is done, and in some cases I'll take more ones if I think I'll need to get a girl I want for company. I almost never sit at the bar unless it's a club I've been to before, so I don't worry ablut the bar details other than if it's BYOB. When the layout info is useful I'm fine with it. When it's clear people are just searching for words to add, I just skim it.
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    I need info on where the stage is. I don't want to spend my visit to the club staring at a blank wall.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I don't think the layout is necessary or that important - I think some layout details matter when it's kinda a unique detail such as:

- parking lot is small and spaces hard to come by

- club is small and you can be elbow-to-elbow

- club has two levels/floors and there may he some kinda differece b/w the two

- etc

I usually put a detailed description of the layout of a club I'm reviewing for the first time; in subsequent reviews I just make a note to my previous review for layout details - and if noting the layout in detail I put it it's own clearly-marked section so it can be easily bypassed.

I think it would be best if the layout was described once in the club's TUSCL page and modified by those familiar with the club as changes occur.
  • sinclair
    5 years ago
    I prefer info on value and the dancers, but a sense of layout won't hurt the review as long as it is not a bulk of the review's content.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    I definitely back docevil and his comment.

sc, I would think you would as well. :)
  • RTP
    5 years ago
    I don't care about the actual design, but there are some basics that i like to know like size, lighting, type and amount of seating, are their private or specific lap dance areas, and of course, where the hell is the men's room.

• Jascoi
    5 years ago
    The only club I’ve ever been in where I’ve been able to see immediately after stepping off the street and into the club has been Hong Kong.
    honestly... I think it’s still too dark.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    One thing I often find missing from most layout descriptions is the actual weight of the building - I mean is it really that much effort to put that in - enquiring minds want to know
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    @papi. I will put the weight in on my next review.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ 👍
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Unless there is something very unique exceptional about it, I don't give a shit.
  • NJBalla
    5 years ago
    ^Agree. only if its a strange set up. One of my favorite clubs feels like walking into a train car and can be jarring to guys who are used to a more open format.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    One of the clubs I go to has a second dance area that some people don't know about, and its kind of hidden in plain sight and more private if you get alone with the dancer. I mention it for that reason, plus the club is more of a bar than a strip club and is a music venue at night so I mention it most times, but if it is a club with hundreds of reviews probably only need to mention things that are really good or bad about the club, in my opinion.
  • Darkblue999
    5 years ago
    I usually don't worry about club layouts in reviews. All I care about is how are the dancers and what kind of dances they give at what prices.
  • joewebber
    5 years ago
    for the clubs that get multiple reviews (i.e. follies), it's not necessary to give the same layout details in every review. if however, there's been a change in the layout or seating policies, it's helpful to see that in a review
  • Dolfan
    5 years ago
    I like to see some info, but I don't need to know everything. For example, Tootsies is a popular club. But the stage layout is atypical for S. Florida. They have the large stage where girls dance, then the little "pit" or whatever where they walk around and collect tips. They've also got several "Next Level" and "Upstairs" VIP areas, each with different prices to enter. Knowing about those in advance is useful. Also knowing there are large couches and a small stage without a pit in the upstairs area is again something I find useful. Some clubs only have a stage behind a bar & you can't really tip girls on stage directly, you have to give it to the bartender. Some clubs have very limited seating. Things like that I like to know. Things like the main bar is on the left as you enter, the bathroom is in the NE corner under the sign that says "Restrooms" I don't really care about.

Am I going to not approve an otherwise detailed review because they don't have that stuff in there, fuck no. Would I approve a review that ONLY contains that stuff, probably not. Would I approve a review that had marginal details about the girls but useful info about the unusual layout? Probably. Would I approve a review that only has details about the girls, dances/rooms, etc? Probably.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion