tuscl

Is there a rank in supervision at Stripclubs?

The last time I was at 1 of the clubs I visit the Bartender was talking to me and another guy. She mentioned that she was in charge of the place when the owner insn't there. This got me to thinking is there a rank in Supervison or power in a Stripclub? Excluding the dancers but does the hierarchy go 1. Owner 2. Manager(If the owner doens't fill that role) 3. Bouncer/security 4. Bartender 5. DJ 6. Waitress(Yeah right). How would you catagorize the employees at the club.

7 comments

• FONDL
    19 years ago
    To answer the original question, yes, I've known some strip club managers who were pretty rank.
  • jabberwocky
    19 years ago
    At the club I work at it goes Owner, Main Manager, Manager, DJ/Bartender/Bouncer. Honestly the Waitstaff and Dancers really have no say in anything. We're mostly working for ourselves and for tips. We don't run the club and only worry about ourselves.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    My experience has been that, once you get past the Owner and the shift managers, the more important people THINK they are, the less influence they actually have.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I always thought that the ranking was based on intelligence and personality - the less you have the higher you are in the club's ranking. If the managers went home and let the barmaids and dancers run the place, most clubs would improve dramatically because they understand what the customer wants, whereas the managers haven't a clue.
  • Foxxy
    19 years ago
    the club i worked at had a pretty dodgy secretive ownership deal going on, so i'm not exactly sure what the whole story was there. but i think the owner of the premises and the manager of the girls were definitely ranked #1. followed by the assistant manager (in other words, the ex-stripper now dating the manager or owner). the bouncers and bar manager were probably next, and then i guess the girls who had been working there the longest who kinda looked after the newer girls.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    I'm sure it's completely dependent on the club. There isn't any Robert's Rules of Order for Strip Clubs that they all refer to. In bigger clubs, I'd expect there's always at least one manager on duty, although what that means besides walking around with a clipboard looking important is anyone's guess. I know of several smaller clubs where the bartender runs everything. And surely the DJ ranks below the waitress and the washroom attendant, or we're all doomed.
  • DandyDan
    19 years ago
    It's my opinion the bouncers, bartenders, DJ's and everyone else are on an equal level. Of course, if the bartender has been around a while, and the bouncer hasn't, the bartender probably ranks higher in the food chain. Of course, there are convoluted power schemes like one of the clubs I used to visit (it closed up) where they had a manager who basically ran the bar, another who hired dancers and another who hired everyone else.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion