tuscl

How do you use the profile history?

founder
slip a dollar in her g-string for me
On a user's profile you can see how many reviews, discussion, comments, etc that a user has posted. I think this is a helpful feature, based on the fact that when I removed it before, there was an uproar.

Can you guys sort of describe how you use it?

For instance, when you are looking at a user's discussion comments, what valuable information is there for you? How does it help?

Thanks
F

39 comments

• twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I think it’s used mostly by trolls and folks trolling
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    @25 uses it often
    ;-)
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    I think it can serve a useful purpose. Sometimes topics come back up that were covered many moons ago and old posts can be useful historical reference.

Btw, since we are on this topic, I can't go back to my old club reviews. When I click on the next 30, it brings me to the same first screen in a never-ending loop. I suspect that this is a glitch.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I use my own profile page to go back to Comments, Discussions and Reviews that I made. When I log in each morning, I may not remember which Discussion Topics that I made comments on the day before. By going to my Profile page, I can easily see which topics to go look at to see if someone else commented on something I said.

As far as seeing the Comments that someone else made, not sure I would do that. I do like to see the Discussion Topics that other start, the clubs they Review, the Trusts they have. One way seeing the comments would be to call somebody out on something they said long ago. You can look that up by looking thru their profile.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    And since I'm complaining, I agree that knowing how many review, clubs, etc., a user has is extremely helpful. in fact, I wish it was more prominent when reading the reviews - like it used to be - so that we don't have to keep clicking on each reviewer's screen name to see it.

Thanks again for everything.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    And since I'm complaining, I agree that knowing how many review, clubs, etc., a user has is extremely helpful. in fact, I wish it was more prominent when reading the reviews - like it used to be - so that we don't have to keep clicking on each reviewer's screen name to see it.

Thanks again for everything.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    When I'm looking at reviews for local clubs, if I see a user who posts particularly good reviews I'll click through to the profile history to see if he has reviewed other clubs I might like to visit.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    "... I can't go back to my old club reviews. When I click on the next 30, it brings me to the same first screen in a never-ending loop ..."

^ this - whether is to look at old reviews in my own profile or some other PL
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I look at older discussions/comments in a profile if it was a recent post I was looking for - if it's been a while then it harder so I'm less apt to try and go thru a whole bunch of prior posts
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    I get many personal messages from people who's name I do not recognize. Usually seeking inside information. I check their profiles to see how active the person is on TUSCL and base my reply to that person based on their information/participation. It's a trust issue.
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    Same as Shadow.
  • Hank Moody
    5 years ago
    Agree. The profile gives a picture of trust of a user that the ‘trusts’ don’t completely give. It’s a quick way to do a little due diligence to determine with whom we are sharing info. I don’t like that I can’t easily click on a user’s profile when I get a pm from someone I don’t know.

Less important, I use it as a search engine to find old reviews, threads or posts. Of mine and other users. It’s sometimes easier than the traditional search.
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    I view my own history sometimes, but most often I’m looking for whether or not someone is worth replying to. I’ll also look at a user’s past reviews when I am looking at a specific club they’ve reviewed to see if they add useful info, or just recycle old info for a new month.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    I lookup other members if a review seems suspect ( first time poster AKA club ad ) or they message me.
  • K
    5 years ago
    Agree with shadow on this.
  • Roadworrier
    5 years ago
    Agree with all of the above. I also noticed that in the profile you can only access your 30 most recent reviews. Mainly I use the profile data from other people to establish whether they are trustworthy reviewers.
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    I like discovering the statistical minutiae of trivial things and then re-posting that statistical minutiae as a fun fact for the rest of the forum.
  • Huntsman
    5 years ago
    I use the info for the reasons CMI and Shadow said.
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    Helpful feature. I use it to:
    -Read the user's prior articles or reviews (including to see if user has posted prior reviews before I accuse an apparent club ad).
    -Save time in navigating to a discussion thread I know the user posted on if the discussion is buried beyond the first page so I don't have to scroll to it.
    -Message the user.
    -Look at a female user's selfies.

Some users' threads or articles would be difficult to find without this feature (such as me going back to review farmerart's posts - farmerart preceded my time here and I looked back after ArtsBrother posted his article about farmerart).

Also this feature is helpful find reviews and reviews and review comments of users who post infrequently but give good intel in certain geographic areas - user Scfanatic323 is a good example of this for his LA / COI intel.
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    ^and for Scfanatic323's smartass comments which I find amusing
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    I like using it to see you who has published reviews. I like to use it to see who has made comments. I like to use it to find threads that I have forgotten about by certain people that started those threads. I like using it to see you to who has published reviews. I like to use it to see who has made comments.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    I always look at everything on their history, including when they first registered and when they have last logged in. This is always helpful when I see a post from someone for the first time.

SJG
  • bubba267
    5 years ago
    First step in assessing poster's credibility, then what Shadow and others mentioned for sharing intel or not.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    ditto most everyone reasons.
  • minnow
    5 years ago
    I think user profile is useful for seeing ones review and posting history. Though like papi, I've noticed review history stuck in an endless loop of first 30 reviews only- both on user review history, and on club review page. What gives there, founder ??
  • founder
    5 years ago
    The 30 reviews will be fixed in the update
  • mjx01
    5 years ago
    I use # of trusts, # of reviews, and # of places as a measure of how much weight to give a user's review. I also use my own list of reviews and articles as a shortcut to lookup what I've written previously.
  • bullzeye
    5 years ago
    The profile page, as is, is very useful for all the reasons that have been stated. I’m glad you (founder) included it.

One way I use it, is to track discussions I have been interested in after I have not been on the site in a few days. If I have participated in the thread, then I can check my own comments/replies to find the thread I’m interested in. Especially if the thread has gone off topic and I don’t remember the subject of the original post.
  • Liwet
    5 years ago
    I use it, but the problem is the inability to see their/my VIP posts even when I have VIP privileges.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    Sometimes I use it when someone PMs me for intel, it is sort of a TUSCL background check.
  • Electronman
    5 years ago
    Same as above, a background check especially for neophyte posters. Also I use it if a post in a discussion thread refers to "clubs in my area" but the poster is not specific. I'll look at the poster's history of reviews.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "Also this feature is helpful find reviews and reviews and review comments of users who post infrequently but give good intel in certain geographic areas - user Scfanatic323 is a good example of this for his LA / COI intel."

Come to think of it, when I am planning road trips I sometimes latch on to a good local reviewer as well and spend time going through his historical reviews and review comments. I did this with a couple of reviewers on my most recent trip to Providence. I would hate to lose the ability to do this.
  • Dolfan
    5 years ago
    Like others, I use it to set context. I can click on PC's profile and see which clubs he's reviewed, what his comments are on them, etc. He might be a bad example because he spells it out in each review, but if it were someone else I could find a common club we've visited and get a better idea of his perspective. That makes his reviews of clubs I haven't visited more valuable. The same is true of comments, it provides context.

I also will use it to find an old post with something, maybe a funny comment or nugget of info. I'll remember it was a thread by a user, then look at that persons threads, then find the comment.

I'll use it to go look at my own review history too.

Also, I agree with Rick. I miss having the # of reviews/# of places near a user profile in every review/comment. To me, that's much more worthwhile than the tagline stuff. Or at least worth finding a place to put it somewhere. # of trusts to me is still useless as the last time I looked there were still old "Self props" or repeated props from the same person being counted in that number.
  • Piggie
    5 years ago
    I use it to see their other reviews of my local clubs and what shadow said. And to see how many trust nicespice has today.
  • JohnSmith69
    5 years ago
    I use the info in a manner similar to what shadowcat describes. It is very useful.
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    nicespice is solid. Probably soft too, but I wouldn’t know
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Feature request... It would be useful to get an email notification when a particular user posts a review. Meaning, I'd like to subscribe to specific user reviews.

A possible good metric for real trust would be to display on the profile history page how many people subscribe to a user's reviews. Similar to how conventional 'trusts' are displayed.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    ^^^that is a great idea.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Email notification or perhaps TUSCL private message. Whichever is easier.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion