tuscl

Nicole diaries #7: the fact that intrlligence is seenas an INHERENTLY MALE quali

future POTUS and Senator in training
Retired Queen Troll of TUSCL...who will succeed my reign?
No.I'm not complaining that women aren't seen as smart, bc they are. So don't try me because you wont win at that lmao. I'm complaining that intelligence is seen as inhernetly male

32 comments

• The fact that intelligence is seen as inherently male quality is the problem *
  • OldGringo
    6 years ago
    Yes, it's a huge roblem

Good ruck rith rat.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    Roblematic rov repic roportions!
  • Corvus
    6 years ago
    I hope all students at tu don't spell as poorly as you young lady.
  • pistola
    6 years ago
    I'd on tund erstan dthi sthre ad.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    There is a bit of irony in the spelling of "intrlligence". LMAO.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    Incohernt psts r nows een a sa Nicokeyes qality
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Your spelling and syntax don't exactly bolster your argument to the contrary.
  • Nidan111
    6 years ago
    Do you need a tutor? I cum real cheap?
  • CC99
    6 years ago
    I don't think anybody's saying that intelligence is inherently male. I mean look at pistola.

Its more that men are at the extreme ends of the intelligence spectrum more often. We're overrepresentated at both the very high end of the IQ spectrum and the very low end. Women are more likely to be somewhere in the middle. But most men are still somewhere in the middle.
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    Intelligence can get men laid.

In women it's nice to have but not a deal breaker if it's missing.
  • Nidan111
    6 years ago
    ^^^^ very true
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    CC99 is right that the data supports a hypothesis that men have a greater standard deviation in intelligence than men do. The mean and mode of men and women is identical, but there are more genius men and more dumbass men. It's part of why men are overrepresented in STEM.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^^ very true.

Nichole, I think its just that the display of intelligence is not always encouraged in women.

But particularly in the field of law, women are often displaying very high intelligence.

SJG
  • pistola
    6 years ago
    I don't think anybody's saying that intelligence is inherently male. I mean look at pistola
    --
    Says Beta Cuck the psuedo intellectual. I know your type, you're the latte drinking type who is wasting away his college years being a pussy. And spending time creating multiple personalities and accounts to 'hijack the VIP'. Fuck how dumb is that! I actually dont read half your posts because the stupidity that comes out of your childish mouth is off the charts.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Men learn about things and engage in things which does create the appearance of a greater standard deviation. Women are less likely to be insituations where it would look like this.

But maybe it is real too.

Men will really go to the mat to make difficult things work. For women, usually such stuff is secondary.

Men approach things like they are part of a war. Women usually are not like this.

But there are exceptions, and women can still do things one would not expect.

The Canal Du Midi, south of France, primarily built by women because coming from the Roman bath houses, they had the superior knowledge of hydroengineering.

SJG
  • CC99
    6 years ago
    I came to terms a awhile ago now that this "typical college experience," implying lots of sex with hot girls that one meets at parties every weekend, that people talk about is only something that the social aristocracy on college campuses gets to enjoy. Its likely that only about 20-25% of males get to have that. Its not a realistic dream or goal for the majority of the male population. In truth, "the college experience" is more of a typical female's experience of college.
  • pistola
    6 years ago
    ^planet idiot
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    College can be a really tough environment, like an extension of adolescence.

SJG
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    Funny how I destroyed an airplane shitter yesterday!
  • blahblahblah23
    5 years ago
    Lerck ov intrlligence issa hugh Roblem theze dayz
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ yea for blahblah!
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    Talk about intelligence and mis spellings. You look like a chop off the old block Nicole. I da pappy!
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    I proud of my pooshie mis spell thangs
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    Reading this thread has made me stupider. Holy fuck.
  • Uprightcitizen
    5 years ago
    How come there aren't "B" size batteries?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Actually there are B batteries they aren’t used any more, they were used back in the day when electronics had vacuum tubes pre transistors and computerized technology.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    Specific Symptoms of a Manic Episode
    In order for a manic episode to be diagnosed, three (3) or more of the following symptoms must be present:

-Inflated self-esteem or grandiosity
    -Decreased need for sleep (e.g., one feels rested after only 3 hours of sleep)
    -More talkative than usual or pressure to keep talking
    -Flight of ideas or subjective experience that thoughts are racing
    -Attention is easily drawn to unimportant or irrelevant items
    -Increase in goal-directed activity (either socially, at work or school; or sexually) or psychomotor agitation
    -Excessive involvement in pleasurable activities that have a high potential for painful consequences (e.g., engaging in unrestrained buying sprees, sexual indiscretions, or foolish business investments)
    -Inflated self-esteem is typically present, ranging from uncritical self-confidence to marked grandiosity, and may reach delusional proportions. Individuals may give advice on matters about which they have no special knowledge (e.g., how to run the United Nations). Despite lack of any particular experience or talent, the individual may embark on writing a novel or composing a symphony or seek publicity for some impractical invention. Grandiose delusions are common (e.g., having a special relationship to God or to some public figure from the political, religious, or entertainment world).

Almost invariably, there is a decreased need for sleep. The person usually awakens several hours earlier than usual, feeling full of energy. When the sleep disturbance is severe, the person may go for days without sleep and yet not feel tired.

Manic speech is typically pressured, loud, rapid, and difficult to interrupt. Individuals may talk nonstop, sometimes for hours on end, and without regard for others’ wishes to communicate. Speech is sometimes characterized by joking, punning, and amusing irrelevancies. The individual may become theatrical, with dramatic mannerisms and singing. Sounds rather than meaningful conceptual relationships may govern word choice (i.e., clanging). If the person’s mood is more irritable than expansive, speech may be marked by complaints, hostile comments, or angry tirades.

The individual’s thoughts may race, often at a rate faster than can be articulated. Some individuals with manic episodes report that this experience resembles watching two or three television programs simultaneously. Frequently there is flight of ideas evidenced by a nearly continuous flow of accelerated speech, with abrupt changes from one topic to another. For example, while talking about a potential business deal to sell computers, a salesperson may shift to discussing in minute detail the history of the computer chip, the industrial revolution, or applied mathematics. When flight of ideas is severe, speech may become disorganized and incoherent.

A person in a manic episode may easily lose attention. Distractability is evidenced by an inability to screen out irrelevant external stimuli (e.g., the interviewer’s tie, background noises or conversations, or furnishings in the room). There may be a reduced ability to differentiate between thoughts that are germane to the topic and thoughts that are only slightly relevant or clearly irrelevant.

The increase in goal-directed activity often involves excessive planning of, and excessive participation in, multiple activities (e.g., sexual, occupational, political, religious). Increased sexual drive, fantasies, and behavior are often present. The person may simultaneously take on multiple new business ventures without regard for the apparent risks or the need to complete each venture satisfactorily. Almost invariably, there is increased sociability (e.g., renewing old acquaintances or calling friends or even strangers at all hours of the day or night), without regard to the intrusive, domineering, and demanding nature of these interactions. Individuals may also display psychomotor agitation or restlessness by pacing or by holding multiple conversations simultaneously (e.g., by telephone and in person at the same time). Some individuals write a torrent of letters on many different topics to friends, public figures, or the media.

Expansiveness, unwarranted optimism, grandiosity, and poor judgment often lead to an imprudent involvement in pleasurable activities such as buying sprees, reckless driving, foolish business investments, and sexual behavior unusual for the person, even though these activities are likely to have painful consequences. The individual may purchase many unneeded items (e.g., 20 pairs of shoes, expensive antiques) without the money to pay for them. Unusual sexual behavior may include infidelity or indiscriminate sexual encounters with strangers.

People who experience a manic episode are often diagnosed with a type of bipolar disorder.
  • orionsmith
    5 years ago
    I'm glad Nicole is keeping her facts straight. I'm curious though, none of my sisters ever called that a fact. I guess it depends on how well your college education is. I wonder which professor or father told her that? Maybe it's part of the Muslim culture among both males and females. I bet if the US got a whole lot more Muslims in this country, no female would even be considered for president again.
    Is that what is thought of in the Muslim culture that intelligence is a male trait? I'm curious. I never heard the fact.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    ^ "Individuals may give advice on matters about which they have no special knowledge (e.g., how to run the United Nations). Despite lack of any particular experience or talent, the individual may embark on writing a novel or composing a symphony or seek publicity for some impractical invention."
  • blahblahblah23
    5 years ago
    Huh I learned something new reading sir's post about manic episodes.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    ^ Whenever Nicokeyes is having one of her manic episodes she starts posting her incoherent shit.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion