tuscl

Buffet at follies

chessmaster
Illinois
Tuesday, January 8, 2019 6:16 PM
I just read a review of follies that mentioned the buffet, which made me wonder. Is that really sanitary at a club where guys frequently finger the strippers within the first few songs? Who knows how many use the bathroom and dont wash their hands. At least if you order a meal only a few people came in contact with it vs a buffet.

25 comments

• jackslash
    5 years ago
    Eat the bearded clams.
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    They do have serving utensils.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    No pain no gain
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    I haven't heard of any one getting sick from the buffet at Follies. I've eaten it and it's not bad. The price is right...free.
  • BoringLoser
    5 years ago
    I guess the serving spoons could be a little juicy. You could fill your plate then run to the bathroom to wash your hands. Or just be careful and use silverware when you eat. But then what if someone touched your fork when they grabbed theirs? Probably just bring your own dishes and a pair of latex gloves.
  • joewebber
    5 years ago
    it was my review. the buffet at follies is done well within food service guidelines. i trust it more than other things. there are a few things to remember. 1) the new full time valet makes a big deal about people washing their hands. granted, he can be obnoxious, but he does serve a purpose. 2) a friend who was in the military told me something very important. Always try and be first in line for food. this means you're one of the first to handle the tongs and serving utensils, plus the handles haven't fallen into the food yet. 3) you must tip (at least a dollar) for a plate. this might somehow discourage some people from getting it.
  • RTP
    5 years ago
    I never eat at a strip club, or almost never. I just like to keep the entertainment and eating separate. That being said, I have eaten the Follies buffet on multiple occasions, and it is decent. (I think I have done this after way to many Gin and Tonics.) Never thought much about the tongs, thanks for putting that in my mind.
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    I never eat at a club. Exception is Treasures in Vegas where they have a A1 chef. At a whorehouse like Follies sounds it is no way. How many dudes are ripping off condoms in the bathroom and not washing their hands then using the serving utensils.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I very rarely eat in either strip clubs or at buffets, and certainly wouldn’t ever eat anyplace where they don’t have servers to portion the food, self service buffets are disgusting.
  • bubba267
    5 years ago
    I've tried the buffet at Follies a few times without issues. Food borne illess is almost always caused during the preparation phase followed by improper holding temperature. It is a good idea to wash your hands after you go through the serving line but before you begin to consume your food, especially if you are going to handle the food with your fingers. Yes, in a previous life I worked for the USDA... and I know what's in a hotdog.- no gay jokes :)))
  • Dudecreeping
    5 years ago
    I would never eat at follies.. Everbodys getting and giving hjs and more. The best thing about follies is why I wouldn’t eat there.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Dudecreeping makes an excellent point, especially at place like Follies. I have never eaten at a strip club, i am sure there are some that make good food, but i would avoid a buffet.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Locally, Club Desire has an upscale level called Club Lust that features a finer restaurant dining. I've heard that it's pretty good. Ditto for the more basic dishes offered downstairs. I don't know. Any non-dance money that I spend at a strip club is on drinks. It's not what I want for a strip club. Similarly, I don't walk into an iHop and think "I wonder if I can get a lapdance here?" To each their own.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    I haven't been to, or eaten the buffet, at Follies . And I guess given the nature of the place, there's an extra ick factor. But I eat the buffet at two strip clubs I go to. I actually watched closely for weeks before I ever did it -- but I saw strippers, managers, & bouncers all eat from the buffet also, and I'm also usually decently plugged into club gossip, and no warning signs at all. Everyone liked the buffet, the strippers ate it without question, every served themselves with the serving spoons. Buffet is pretty good in both clubs I eat it at.
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    The Follies buffet is very good. Not fancy usually, but good southern comfort food. Most of the dancers eat it, and I do to if I’m there when it is put out. I was told that the cook used to be the personal chef for a well known celebrity that lived/lives in Atlanta, but I can’t remember who it was.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    I do know that Follies gets it's food from Sysco. [view link]
  • Bavarian
    5 years ago
    The food is not being questioned. It’s the tongs and serving utensils. Dancers are giving hand jobs. PLs are sticking their fingers in pussies and buttholes.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I usually eat prior to hitting the club - I usually only eat at a SC out of necessity b/c I either don't find the food all that, or often overpriced like everything else in the club. I've had the Follies buffet - it's not bad but not "damn I can't miss this" - I will often eat the Follies buffet b/c my visits are often 4 to 8 hours long as I try to get their mid-afternoon and try to stay there thru early-eve to sample some of the nightshift b/f it gets too-crazy later in the eve - so I don't wanna go that long w/o eating anything or having to leave and come-back.
  • bubba267
    5 years ago
    Bavarian... exactly, so the potential "germ" transfer point is the serving line utensils. Simply wash hands or use hand sanitizer after going through the line but before eating...especially with your fingers. I'm not denying the "ick" factor but simply addressing the scientific aspect, boring as it is.
  • TJ Lee
    5 years ago
    I've eaten food at Follies and TJHK, before fingering the dancers, and it's all good.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    i haven’t died yet.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Follies is best-known for their T&A buffet - highly recommend - high-protein and low-carbs
  • aham5
    5 years ago
    So you guys are somehow grossed out by someone having touched a spoon with dirty fingers? But have no problem being the 6th or 10th guy in VIP with a ho?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ that's called TL - TUSCL Logic :)
  • aham5
    5 years ago
    Infections acquired in follies vip >> follies buffet?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion