tuscl

Looks like Sjg and the trolls have taken over the front room.

chessmaster
Illinois
They can have it i guess.

18 comments

• Hugh_G_Rection
    6 years ago
    Puts a new spin on "Front room friendliness" FWIW
  • BoringLoser
    6 years ago
    Maybe it would help if founder let old threads stay open longer
  • racejeff
    6 years ago
    My 1st visit since change. I'm glad I picked to come here.
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    I was just there having a look. 7 of the first 10 threads are the sjcreep's that he constantly bumps even when nobody replies. Scroll down a few topics and he has 3 more that he bumped. It's come to the point where 9 out of 10 times I don't even click on any topics there.
  • Hank Moody
    6 years ago
    Smash that ignore button
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    It definitely became the sjg show this afternoon
  • Muddy
    6 years ago
    What kind of fucking raving lunatic talks to himself with 15 pargragh long manifestos in 8 different topics?
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    Since half the discussion has moved in here it makes SJGs nonsense stand out a lot more.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    Even before the change, there have been times when 3/4 of the front page threads have been from sjg, nicole, various other trolls; and the few legit threads derailed by iceyloco, trapbaby, txtitty, etc. It's a miracle we get any new posters at all; I would not have joined or ever returned if that's what I had seen a few years ago when I joined here.
  • ATACdawg
    6 years ago
    @DC: Yes, once in a while (~1 in 10) he does have a an interesting point. ~1 in 100 that i actually agree with. For the most part I think he's actually fairly smart in terms of intellectual curiosity. However, in terms of tact, wisdom, conciseness and respect for others choices and opinions, I consider him to be a total fail.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @ATAC I would disagree with your definition of intellectual curiosity, for one thing he relentlessly pushes his worldview on anyone and he purposely took a bunch of people off his ignore just to keep the ability to spam threads, with that said, we have a forum here where we can converse, why are we wasting our energies on a bunch of losers and knuckleheads!
  • ATACdawg
    6 years ago
    Lol, 25! I think we're arguing the same side of the argument with different semantics. His reading list and music choices are what define his intellectual curiosity to me. The rest of your examples I would lump in with lack of tact, wisdom (as opposed to intelligence; the two are ver different imo) and respect.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ I hear you and that's your take, my take is different, Intellectual curiosity should come from listening to other points of view and adopting a range of ideas, into a fully formed opinion, from what I see of him he is rigid, inflexible, and seems to parrot contrarian ideas, chapter and verse straight from the book like a memorization , not an understanding.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    +1 to Subraman’s comment. In fact, trolls don’t even bother me merely by trolling. In some ways maybe we all are capable of posting for reactions at times. But the redundancy of a small number of people and their domination of threads are what gets old, IMO. Yes, I just scroll past them. But there have been times when it seems that all I was doing was scrolling past redundancy and then going and doing something that seemed to be more interesting.

To me, a discussion board is more interesting with a larger number of unique folks chiming in. Even though there are fewer posts in the VIP room, they seem more interesting to read. At least that’s my take so far.
  • ATACdawg
    6 years ago
    And just because he's curious and studies various things doesn't mean that he will (often) draw a correct or at least logical solution!
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    SJG is creepy as fuck. I don't think he's intellectually curious so much as he's an intellectual exhibitionist. He likes to be seen and perceived as intellectual.
  • ime
    6 years ago
    sjg is a douche of the highest order, for real the only person from here if i ever meet will be picking up his teeth off the street
  • ATACdawg
    6 years ago
    "I don't think he's intellectually curious so much as he's an intellectual exhibitionist."

Now that is something I hadn't considered. Hmmm. I think you're onto something there!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion