tuscl

Effect of Splitting the Discussion Rooms?

goldmongerATL
The Square Above Charlie Weaver
Friday, December 28, 2018 7:05 PM
I just logged in the see what is being talked about. When it was all one room there were always lively threads (regardless of original subject) and people posting something every few minutes. There are a few recent posts in the front room, but nothing like it was. The VIP room goes hours without a post. I can understand the VIP room. Say something, discuss it a bit and it dies down. The folks who comment again and again on every thread don't seem to be here. Not sure why the front room seems less active. Maybe it has killed the hijacking and name calling between posters? Dunno.

31 comments

• dancewdcpa
    6 years ago
    Good observation man... seems like quality over quantity...at least for now!
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I like it, at least over here there aren’t just one or two posters repetitively saying the same stupid shit overs and over.
  • BoringLoser
    6 years ago
    I still read both, but find myself actually reading all the comments in VIP posts. I’ve posted a few baby PL type discussions here and got a decent amount of conversation with seemingly genuine responses even when the response is that I’m a baby PL with a lot to learn. Overall really helpful and civil.
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    6 years ago
    less posting could be due to the holidays
  • warhawks
    6 years ago
    It will be good in the long run. Long overdue and welcome addition, imo.
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    "I like it, at least over here there aren’t just one or two posters repetitively saying the same stupid shit overs and over." ^^^ you mean like flagooner and cowboy?
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    I think some the difference is the new ignore feature.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    It seems like we have fewer troll-dominated discussions, which I welcome. I'm pretty tolerant of trolls, but they are tiresome and boring.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Partly, I think it's the holidays. Other factors... -- Some people are pissed about the changes and not posting as much. -- Part of the appeal for trolling is having a captive audience. With the change, the more on-topic posters can "get away". That removes some of the fun for trolls. Total guesses on my part. I'm okay with it, in any case.
  • grand1511
    6 years ago
    Trolls are slow to evolve to new environments thank god!
  • captainfun
    6 years ago
    I’ve observed only good from this change. All comments ate real whereas half of remarks in prior setup was from boring people making an odd attempt at getting attention.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    In the short term, at least, the change has been good. We'll see how it goes. Nicole is already back and posting vapid post after vapid post, and guys are for some unexplainable reason responding to everything she says. Is that a sign all the trolls will be filling up the front room again? I dunno, maybe.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ keep em busy, we’ll fight them over there so they can’t come here. ;)
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    Yeah but easy enough for the trolls to write a review and come here too. Here's hoping that doesn't happen
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    Theres already trolls here. Macktruck(a nicespice alias but not that bad) is in here as well as bigdicksammy(one of the few trolls i have on ignore). If anything, this perhaps encourages the trolls to write reviews to get access here. Not complaining though. Its still an improvement imo.
  • BoringLoser
    6 years ago
    I have bigdicksammy on ignore too. That’s a particularly annoying troll. I imagine a lot of us have him on ignore which would mean he doesn’t have many threads he can troll, and any thread he posts doesn’t get much attention.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ I've said this before publishing your Ignore List, is also a form of trolling.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    Good point but thats assuming legit posters arent enabling him(by not ignoring him or responding to him at all). I dont care though, as i mentioned, i have him on ignore. Only thing is the trolls that successfully get attention possibly encourage other trolls.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    That was in response to boringloser.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @Subraman I wonder if you think that the first few reviews written by an individual with no reviews could be noted or flagged in some way to make regular VIP members aware of the fact that there’s a potential new member and give it a bit more scrutiny possibly requiring 4 or 5 yes votes for an initial review.
  • BoringLoser
    6 years ago
    Genius
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    @twentyfive that would be awesome if that were the case (an account's very first review submission being highlighted). I don't think it's possible though. Still, with some of the downright shitty reviews I see being accepted (see bigdicksammy's recent review) I think there's no stopping trolls from getting a review published and gaining access. It's all about if they want to take the time to so it. Nicole and SJG seem content to stay in the front room. Icey expressed initial interest but still has not submitted one so I'm guessing he's also cool with just the front room. Which is fine by me. Good conversations in here, and old style conversations in the front room. Meaning trolling, name calling, mudslinging, and all types of other shit. Entertaining for a while, but frustrating to have a decent conversation.
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    ^^^ Where? I looked for it and could not find it
  • BoringLoser
    6 years ago
    Founder said to notify him if you see a total shit review. I think he said he would just delete their whole account.
  • BoringLoser
    6 years ago
    Which might have actually happened. I tried searching for bigdicksammy and got “User ID 561232 not found”
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @TFP I agreed with all of that, nothing is foolproof but I think it might be worthwhile to make it a bit more difficult, sure someone might slip by, but I don’t believe the volume would be as loud.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Yep. Bigdicksammy has left the building. Profile deleted.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Dammit. Sorry. My connection got spotty. I hate it when I do that. sigh...
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    Haha say it again C.M.I! Good to see trolls get bounced.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion