tuscl

Recreational marijuana is officially legal in Michigan today

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
I favor legalization, although I only smoke weed when I'm with a stripper who's smoking. Today in Michigan you can posses marijuana if you're 21. Regulations concerning the sale of weed still have to be developed. Will you be able to buy and smoke weed in strip clubs?

https://www.freep.com/story/news/marijua…

19 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I've never done any illegal-drugs but I think we have to give up this "War On Drugs" charade and use the $$$ for treatment and prevention
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    When are they gonna legalize recreational P4P (in every state)
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    It's hard to believe that Michigan can get any less productive than it already is, but they are on the right track for it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Good one
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Massachusetts, being a liberal state, of course royally fucked up the roll out of legal marijuana sales. Only 2 small outlets opened, despite having 3 fucking years to get it right. Of course people stand in line in the freezing cold for 4-5 hours to buy weed, with its 20% tax. First weeks take out of essentially two convenient stores? 2.2 million. Tax take 440,000. Imagine if business people and not left wing losers had run this and 20 stores opened. No I won't buy it from the store. Why would I pay $300, plus $60.00 in tax, after waiting 4 hours in 19 degree weather, when I can buy the same product for $250.00 from my guy while we sit in his living room and watch the Titans cover a 4 point spread.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    Yeah even when it is legalized in Illinois I'll still get it from my guy. Fuck the "gummit" and fuck taxes.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    We had no problem paying a fair price and tax in Vegas and Seattle. We're not buying it here because the law passed by the citizens specified a 6% tax and the money grubbing democrats raised it to 20%.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    Yeah of course they want their cut(wouldn't have made it a priority otherwise). But obviously some states are more competent(and responsible) when it comes to spending tax payer money. If they aren't greedy and spend the tax payer money responsibly i think most states shouldn't need a 20% tax. Part of the problem is not enough people voting at the state level because a lot of people don't even know who or what they're voting for.
  • jsully63
    6 years ago
    Skibum609 as a fellow mass resident I feel your pain. We can’t get anything done right here but the political cronies will be sure they get their cut and leave us holding the bag (no pun intended)
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    Extras strippers galore and now legal weed! I’d move to Detroit if it wasn’t otherwise such a miserable cold place.

I’ve found buying weeed in legal stores much easier than a “guy.” States I regularly shop in include Colorado, California, Washington, and Oregon. Sounds like Mass won’t be added to that list any time soon.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I think I heard NY was considering legalizing recreational marijuana in order to fix and upgrade the subway system which is supposedly badly needed and expensive
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    One would think more and more states are gonna want that recreational marijuana revenue
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    It's like the states are making a deal with Satan himself, selling their soul.

This is bound to transform so many more people into totl losers that would otherwise be productive members of our society.

It really is a shame.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^Devils lettuce is a cash crop ;)
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    Lmao... O wonder what Crazyjoe would say about this
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    ^Destroy the toilets at the dispensaries?
  • whodey
    6 years ago
    My understanding is that Michigan businesses will have to be specifically zoned/licensed to allow pot use. Otherwise it is restricted to private locations that are not visible to the public.

I'd imagine this will work very similiar to the regulations on consuming alcohol. Hopefully this doesn't lead to additional scrutiny from LEO the way a liqour license does in some areas.
  • LinzeeDet
    6 years ago
    I don't smoke weed but am all for legalizing it too. Not sure what the big deal was anyway.
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    I resemble those statements
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion