tuscl

Unpublished Reviews Backlog

rickdugan
Verified and Certifiable Super-Reviewer
I submitted a review 12 hours ago and it has still not been published (or rejected). That has never happened before since we went to this new system. I was curious as to why and went into unpublished reviews, where I found a mountain of them. I just spent the past 20 minutes skimming through reviews and accepting or rejecting.

You don't need to know the club to have a decent sense as to whether a review is obvious shit or not. I like this new system, but it only works if we participate.

27 comments

• TFP
    6 years ago
    This is true. For me it used to be the discussions that always kept me checking the site daily. But since it's been overrun by trolls lately with shit topics I don't find myself coming here as often. Which means I also haven't been looking at the unpublished reviews.

I'll try to at least contribute in that section more often going forward.
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    Thanks TFP. Let's hope a few others join in too.

I've noticed that some guys will only participate for clubs that they know, but that will backfire on us with thinly reviewed clubs.
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    With the forum being too troll filled I don't have any motivation to contribute.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Just decline them all to clear out the queue.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    This is a good reminder. I haven’t been checking in as much lately either and, consequently, haven’t looked as much at unpublished reviews. For the review system to work though, we need to do our part. After all, it’s the reviews that are the heart of this site. I need to be better at this personally.
  • Longball300
    6 years ago
    There were only three in there; must have been visited enough lately.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    It's a holiday week so perhaps folks are busy with other stuff.

I publish/reject about 10-reviews per day mostly of clubs of interest but honestly not motivated to read any more than that of clubs of no interest to me
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    A while back I asked Founder what happened if a review did not get the requisite votes and he replied that had not been an issue up to now.

IMO a review should be automatically published after 24-hrs if it hasn't gotten enough votes.
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    It looks like the call to arms was answered. I think it is easy to get lazy and just assume that others are handling this. I have been as guilty of this as anyone as it has been a while since I participated. I am now going to make an active effort to do so a bit more often.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    Yes i notice this. Seems every time i go to the unpublished reviews theres a mountain of them. Is it that many reviews or just a few people approving/rejecting reviews?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Unfortunately Rick you hit the nail on the head as to the flaw in our new system, I am guilty of this as well, I generally skim through the reviews and concentrate on the clubs I’m familiar with, I average 8-10 reviews each day, I find a lot of tediously written reviews, at this point, I’d have to say, I’ll bet founder is glad to have gotten rid of this chore.
    I do however pick one or two clubs that I don’t know to read reviews in each batch, but my reading of unpublished reviews is generally once a day in the early AM when there isn’t much on the discussion board.
    I’m not sure of the fix for this but I don’t think auto publishing reviews would be good for the system.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Auto-publishing would be a backup so a particular review doesn't linger for a couple of days just bc not enough PLs looked at it
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ get what you’re saying but that would cause more stupid posts like who approved this or give VIP status to the undeserving
    In that vein some how a review of Cheetah WPB got published today that had no useable information at all
  • JuiceBox69
    6 years ago
    2 many trolls i fucking give up
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    If it’s an obvious shit review, I’ll reject it no matter what club it’s for. Likewise, for an obvious well written review, I’ll approve it, hoping that it’s not fake or a shill.

It’s the marginal ones that I have the most trouble with. The ones that *might* be presenting good info, but I can’t tell because I know nothing about the club.
  • JuiceBox69
    6 years ago
    This guy
  • Cristobal
    6 years ago
    I usually review only the clubs in Socal & TJ
  • JuiceBox69
    6 years ago
    I never pass or fail any reviews lol
  • NJBalla
    6 years ago
    Lol 2nd person Ive seen up in arms about getting a unapproved review recently. You know you can submit 2 reviews at a time to give yourself some extra time right?
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    6 years ago
    I had to wait 2 days to get my last review published. here i am hard at work trying to upset njb and reviewers aren't doing their part
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    when I look at unpublished reviews... i read not just of clubs that I am familiar with.
  • Liwet
    6 years ago
    I mentioned that this would happen when the review process started, there's no incentive to look over unpublished reviews.

Thread 1 (where it was announced)
    https://www.tuscl.net/discussion.php5?id…

Thread 2 (where I mentioned compensation)
    https://www.tuscl.net/discussion.php5?id…
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    6 years ago
    you should get vip credit for a certain # of reviews
  • StPaul101
    6 years ago
    I just went through about 10 reviews to clear out my list, I like the idea of getting some say in the reviews but if I had a suggestion it would be to just auto publish like before but allow members to down vote reviews. I guess if 3 or 5 or whatever number of members down vote a review it automatically gets removed.

When I review clubs (as others have said), I dont know anything about the club so Im not sure if they are correctly describing the club or listing prices, etc.

• twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @WGW why should you get paid for participating in a community that you wish to be a part of, it’s not mandatory, you’re getting more than your giving, I mean that seriously.
  • Dolfan
    6 years ago
    Its totally a guess, but speaking personally I used to vote on a few reviews a day. Lately, I come on a lot less. There's very little of substance in the discussion boards, mostly trolling or troll feeding. If I'm not on to review discussions, I'm not gonna come on just to check out unpublished reviews.

As far as which reviews, I always look for ones I know about first, but if I don't see any I'll vote on a couple random ones that seem obviously well written or obviously garbage. I try to leave the mediocre ones for the people who may know the area better. If there is no low hanging fruit, I'll take a stab at those middle ground ones.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion