tuscl

Tj addict

Countryman5434
I entered the dragon and was never the same
I love tj so much i am seriously thinking of getting a trucking job in san diego to be close to tj! What does everybody think? Am i out of my mind? I am absolutely miserable knowing it is going to be a few months before i have time to go back! Or is it the fact i am the definition of a pl! I am home going to go to a Louisville club tonight but i don't think that will help!

79 comments

• nicespice
    6 years ago
    Why not? You’re a single man with no obligations to anyone else, right?
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Seek therapy
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    @ nicespice right sweetheart! No obligations to anyone
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    @flagooner do you really think i need therapy?
  • gawker
    6 years ago
    I understand. I’ve been obsessed with one woman for 9 years and have dug myself a deep hole because I’ve spent so much on one stripper. You obviously like variety and Latinas, but be careful. It can become addictive and just get away from you.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    What could possibly go rong?
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I was being serious. If it consumes your thoughts and causes you to do thinks you think you shouldn't, it would be best to talk to a professional for advice.
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    I’m envious Country. You only live once, and there’s too many worse places to be, yet notamy better than San Diego. You’ll be renting for your entire stay, even if it’s for life.
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    ^^^ My biggest rationale for going to the club is trading off collecting experiences as opposed to collecting things.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    housing, utilities, taxes, and gas is high. especially in the metro areas of cali.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    look for a union job.
  • Vantablack
    6 years ago
    @DC9428

Is that how much you spend in a month?

• Mate27
    6 years ago
    $1k/month is 10% income of a slightly above average Professional these days, so I would feel quite content with spending that little of my budget on entertainment.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    San Diego is a high COL area, but upon thinking about it, can you just rent a bedroom in somebody’s house? Or just have a mail forwarding service/storage unit somewhere and just stay in hotels?

How often are you on the road and how often are you actually home? Especially if a lot of the off-work times are spent in TJ?
  • @countryman I find the urge to travel across , but the desire to pay for sex and the addiction to it .

However , if you don't see a problem with either, than why not go forward with ur plan.
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    No home life would get mentally draining staying in hotels after a few months. I’ve known guys who’ve tried it during a transition period of their life, and you get lonesome for familiarity.
  • @flag that's where you're being a douche..who said it causes him to think thoughts he doesn't? ...that's where you are wrong in ur statement.
  • countryman I am sorry , but I find not the urge to move across the country, but the desire to want to live a life consumed of sex and pleasure (sex, video games, etc not just sex) to contradict our greatness as individuals .

However , if you don't see a problem with either, then why not go forward with ur plan.***********
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    @misterwonderful the beauty of being a truckdriver is you can live in the truck! When i get to my home terminal leave the truck at yard and go to tj! The only rent i would be paying is hotel cascada i own house in ky not gonba get a house in sandiego! Go out for 2 weeks come in and go to tj.go back to work a day or 2 later then repeat! I have 20 years experience can write my own ticket
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    @nicespice i would get a postoffice box in san diego that is all i would need! I stay out usually a week and a half to 2 weeks at a time
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    @nicole 1994 i am not addicted to paying for sex. I am addicted to mexican chicas!
  • Lolol country man isn't even responding to flagooners comment which included an assumption abt country man.

Country man might b one of the most mature guys here..he doesn't try to fight every guy that tries to talk shut lol
  • Lol ya I know @countryman...I addressed that in my second comment which I edited.first comment too many typing mistakes
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I’ve been around a long time, and done my share of traveling, but never as a sex tourist, without a SO, there will come a point in time that you’ll be stuck with nothing and no place to get help, I have known a few expatriates in my life, none of them are alone, and make no mistake you will be by yourself a prostitute is nobody that you will be able to depend on.
    My nickel for what it’s worth.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Take a couple of weeks off. Stay in San Diego for a while. So far, you have seen the airport and San Ysidro. Not much else, right ? Get to know San Diego and see if it's some place you want to live. The cost of living is high. State income tax in high. Traffic is terrible. Crime is high. But you need to make that decision.
  • galiziabob.sabbatical
    6 years ago
    Move to Phoenix. Way cheaper. Only 6 hours away for me which is easy. The drive is flat until you hit the mountains by San Diego, then it turns beautiful. We have major trucking companies headquarters here. If you live in Buckeye, its cheap and even closer, 5ish hours. Buckeye is cheap and very nice new homes. Way better state than California and you will have way more mongering money to spend at HK. Seriously! Way better option. Major highway right through town. Lots of opportunity. Only thing crappy is the summer but its 3 months. The rest of the year is amazing. You wont have any money to spend if you move to San Diego. Your a trucker, good luck on making enough money to live comfortably and still have spending money.
  • PutaTester
    6 years ago
    Why not live in Tijuana? If you are not home much and not commuting daily, does it matter where you live? Much cheaper than SD and you can work on your Spanish for free. OTOH, I think living in TJ would get old rather quickly.
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    Maricopa is only a little over 4 hour drive from San Diego. For $150k 3 bd/2 bath you could have the best of both worlds, TJ and Phx.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @Nicole that's where you're being a cunt.

Re-read what I wrote. IF he is doing those things he should see a professional. IF. I don't know if he is or isn't, only he can answer that.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    A BTW, he asked our opinions. The rest of you are basically blowing smoke up his ads.

Do whatever you want if it makes you feel good. Why not, you aren't hurting anyone.

That kind of advice and short term thinking has never led anyone down the wrong path. Shit.

And why not talk to a professional? What is the harm there?

Y'all are being so irresponsible encouraging him to do this.

Countryman probably has Down Syndrome, and Y'all (with the exception of 25) are giving him advice that he may actually follow.

Here's a good idea, move to high cost San Diego so you can cross the border every day and give all your savings to whores. After a year or so when he is broke and alone, he is the one dealing with it,not you guys.
    Shit.

Fucking irresponsible, but I'm the douche.

Ha
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @countryman

It is fucked up to be making such big life decisions around paying for pussy.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @Warrior also speaks sense.
  • Vantablack
    6 years ago
    @DC9428

At least you don't have building/racing cars as a hobby. Cars are literally the most expensive hobby out there. It makes P4P look like nothing
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Altering the course of your career and life to revolve around brothels in Tijuana is not what I would call good decision making.

And if it's so thoroughly consuming your thoughts and affecting your moods, then maybe it's not a bad idea to get some counseling.
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    I'm in El Centro, 2hrs from TJ, 30min from Mexicali, plenty of hot latinas here too but TJ is king especially HK. Countryman, that will be the best move you'll ever made. Sure you'll make less starting over at a new company, butt, you'll gain everything else, you'll be younger, sleep with a big smile on your face every nite instead of crying like now.
  • It isnt irresponsible. Dude doesnt have wife kids..the main reason u guys say dont go to tj is on the basis that "he will be alone"

....like tj is gonna make him anymore "alone" than his current life, wherein he spends long hrs truck driving and has no wife nor kids

Like I said..the issue isn't moving to Mexico , but rather the lifestyle with being consumed with women, something u all share in common.my suggestion was to avoid this life style...and indulge in other hobbies to live a not shallow life.

Since u guys aren't addressing the root of the problem , it makes no sense for u to tell him not to go.
  • nemesisk7
    6 years ago
    I would renounce my US citizenship and look to get a Mexican citizenship !!!! No need to cross to the US all the hot chicas will be on Mexico !!!
  • Dblednmike
    6 years ago
    I can understand the desire to move closer to TJ, but San Diego is an incredibly expensive area. Living in Arizona or some of the inland areas east of SD would probably be a much better way to go. If your going to consider living south of the border consider Rosarito or Ensenada for a nicer area.
  • founder
    6 years ago
    I'd rather die with memories, not momentos.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    You only have one life to live, might as well go for it and make the most of it - with the economy as strong as it is IMO now is the time to take advantage of opportunities - main drawback I can see is the SD COL but perhaps you can live an hour away and find something a bit cheaper, IDK
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I assume a lot of guys on here hit the clubs multiple times per month (and some multiple times per week) - I don't see that much of a difference b/w hitting the clubs regularly wherever the f*** it is, vs hitting TJ regularly - people move all the time for different reasons and at times that is related to quality of life (get away from the big city; get away from a cold climate; wanting to be near the beach, or near the mountains, etc) - many of you are making it sound like he's gonna quit his job and just monger in TJ - why not pursuit happiness instead of putting off - time doesn't stand still - don't leave for tomorrow what you can do today - tomorrow is not promised to anyone (health, etc) - the OP seems to have the flexibility to be able to improve his personal quality of life in that he does not have a family that depends on him and has a type of job that AFAIK is not tied to any one region/city - IMO a lot of people are often afraid to take chances (self included) and may not necessarily live their best/fullest life - we only go around once.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I’m not telling anyone how to live their best life, if you have your heart set on moving close to Tijuana, do it with open eyes, and relevant information.
    As far as your motivation, as best I can tell it seems to be loneliness, if you aren’t deluding yourself, I’d say you might be suffering from grass is greener on the other side of the fence the of thinking.
    For myself I like pretty women, strippers are a lot of fun, you seem to have more of an unhealthy fixation, rather than the byproduct of smart thinking.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Countryman says he will “live” in San Diego, but in reality, not really. To me, it just sounds like it will be his considered homebase on paper. This means that his employer will cover the cost of him returning there when he gets a break from work (as opposed to Louisville)

The main cost seems to be that his state income tax will go from 5% to 8%. But he will be saving on the cost of flying to TJ. So assuming his income is 55k, the $1650 in extra taxes (and also the time savings from not dealing with airports) would make it worth it.

But, if he is making multiple trips to TJ, that trade off is worth it. If he’s not renting an apartment, and barely spends any time in the city, then overall COL is irrelevant.

Now, it might be a good idea to look into everyone else’s suggestions of less expensive places to live if it comes to retirement planning or something. But while his job remains a straight travel one, it wouldn’t really matter.
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    My only advice to you countryman is to slow your roll. I am not saying not move to San Diego just don't make the decision this fast. I would wait at least 6 months. That will give you time to make some more trips to TJ. Maybe after 6 months you'll still be having just as much fun or maybe the fun will wane over time. Either way you don't want to rearrange your life overnight on a whim. Additionally the cost of flights is a lot but is miniscule in the long run.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    As far as mental health problems, who knows. My guess is that just the fact that Countryman is a regular poster on this board means that there’s already potential he’s a bit mentally unstable :p

But on the other hand, he seems to enjoy his experience, doesn’t seem to get distressed at the idea that any of them won’t become a serious gf, and (hopefully) still has savings for the future as well.

And he also said he’s learning Spanish in order to better communicate. Even if there’s a day he gets bored of TJ, learning another language is a wonderful hobby to have. Not only to keep the mind sharp, but also for the potential ability to communicate with somebody you may not otherwise have been able to.

• JAprufrock
    6 years ago
    Not sure how serious you are, Country, but if so, my best advice would be to take it slow, think long and hard and do your research before making any hasty decisions.
    Maybe it’s a good idea, maybe it’s not. But knee-jerk reactions are seldom good.
    I’ve thought about this, too, following my first visit to TJ, as something to do in retirement in about 6 years. But I doubt I’ll go through with it.
    My latest retirement plan is 2-3 trips a year to TJ and 2-3 trips a year to Toronto (great massage).
    I wouldn’t want to live in Mexico by myself, not knowing Spanish and being old at the time. The COL is San Diego and SoCal make it cost probibitive.
    Phoenix and Las Vegas have their advantages. Lower COL and close enough to access TJ frequently but not so close that you’re spending every spare dime there every week.
    Loneliness sucks and causes us to think irrationally at times, I think. That’s why I would do plenty of due diligence before making such a life-altering move.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    There are guys that will hit strip clubs hard once they discover strip clubs and discover they really like them - for Countryman it just happens to be TJ - i.e. IMO the OP's feelings for TJ may not be that different from others that feel similarly about strip clubs not TJ
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    A lot of people often uproot w/o having a choice (loss of a job, needing to be near family, etc) - the OP IMO just has a chance to do it on his terms vs it being forced on him by circumstances
  • OldGringo
    6 years ago
    I'm actually kind of doing what Countryman is suggesting here. It wasn't planned, it just evolved this way. I'm a long time SoCal resident who never even went down to TJ for years. I was always in a relationship and happy. Then, as I got older and wound up single, I eventually ventured down to TJ. I wound up making some friends down there and was enjoying myself with all the chicas. As time went on, I realized I was down in TJ 2 or 3 days a week and in my SoCal condo rental only part time. I eventually did the math and said fuck it. Now I live in hotels full time and the cost is the same as my SoCal condo rent. I sleep in either Rizo, Cascadas, or Hotel Caesars when in TJ. Whatever I'm in the mood for. After a few days, if I get sick of TJ, I cross the border and find a good internet deal on a hotel in San Diego, Orange County, or L.A. for a few days. Rinse and repeat. I don't get lonely. Like Countryman, even when I'm not in TJ, I have chicas messaging me. And when I arrive in TJ, I have chicas spending their days and nights with me.

My advice to Countryman is to give it a try if his heart is pointing him in that direction. He can always go back to his house and life in KY if he doesn't like it. His job will allow him to work on the road and he has his truck to sleep in, so why not. Just keep your head straight Countryman. Don't drink too much down in TJ, don't buy or do any drugs there, stay alert, and don't drink the water amigo!
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    OMG, this is insane.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    and no need for plane tickets!
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I asked something similar a few months ago.

https://www.tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=…

My situation was nowhere near as extreme as countryman's. It didn't involve relocating across the country to pay for sex with girls I don't even know. And your rationale advice was to take the job if I got the offer at the expense of being able to see my ATF regularly.

I get the sense that y'all are just fucking with this guy and I can see him following this advice.

Im not saying he is being irresponsible, I'm saying you are for giving him this advice.

I am saying that if his allure mongering is this strong and obsessive he should simply talk to a professional before going further down the rabbit hole.

Would you be giving the same advice if he said something like:

Countyman: "I started taking heroin a few weeks ago and really like it. The laws here suck so I'm thinking of moving to Afghanistan."

You: Go for it. YOLO. You don't have anything tying you down here and it wouldn't hurt anyone else. WTF, why not.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    my own goal is continuing to liquidate my arizona possessions and move to tj.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Toying with retards isn't cool.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @founder
    "I'd rather die with memories, not momentos."

But how about Mentos. They are quite tasty.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Flagooner - your situation is not the same as the OP's (for one you have a family and a kid starting college so it's a different dynamic).

I didn't read in the OP where he said his income was gonna be severely affected or have to change careers and hope he could find a similarly paying job - people relocate all the time for various reasons especially to the coasts (CA and FL) and in those cases it often has to do with quality of life - if TJ is what makes the OP happy then why not pursue what makes him happy if it's attainable - again people relocate all the time, some of you make it sound like he's moving to Iraq - the alternative is him staying in Louisville being less happy instead of being where he'd like to be.
  • wallanon
    6 years ago
    "Im not saying he is being irresponsible, I'm saying you are for giving him this advice."

Everybody owns their choices, and the consequences. I'm not going to pretend to care what happens to online psuedos I've never met. But I'm also not going out of my way to offer bad advice or encourage someone to do something stupid. Other than spending more than a handful of dollars on wish fulfillment.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ I don’t fall into that camp of folks that say YOLO, it really doesn’t apply here l, I haven’t got a dog in this fight, all I am saying is relocating on the basis of a single trip out there for just a few days is a stupid idea, do your homework and take several trips out there, he’ll he doesn’t even have a job offer, just use a little common sense.
    Just to point out the obvious, or maybe it’s not so obvious to a bunch of mongers blinded by pussy. Seems to me the little head rules a lot of you folks here.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    One would assume he'd line up his ducks and look into getting a comparable job out there and look into whether he can live there given the COL - he's not uprooting a family - again people relocate all the freaking time - many people are transplants from other areas.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    A lot of people choose to live in CA often bc of the lifestyle even though their $$$ would go much further in a place like Louisville.

I say if the OP is able to do it then why not do what makes him happy - I don't see how this move has a high potential to ruin his life, I see it as improving his happiness.

A good # of people on here probably drop a good amount of coin ITC and/or OTC - if the OP has the flexibility to make a move so he can enjoy mongering as others do then I don't see how that is more of a problem than those that already monger regularly in w/e city they live in.

A lot of people move for quality of life - the OP being a single guy if mongering improves his quality of life by doing something that makes him happy then IMO go grab that opportunity if it's attainable.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    I’m still skeptical that it would be “bad” for Countryman, but here are some follow up questions for him:

1. What is your current income as is? (Don’t have to answer)
    2. Will the current income change? (Don’t have to answer)
    3. It looks like the state income tax is going to go from 5% to 8% if you change your “homebase” in San Diego, after you factor in the potential income increase or decrease, how much “income” has been raised or lowered?
    4. Are you still making mortgage payments on the house in Louisville?
    5. If you make the move, are you going to have it up for rent, possibly save it for if you want to come back, or what?
    6. What are your normal expenses when on the road?
    7. In a two month period, how many days would be spent on the road working vs how many would he spent not working?
    8. How much does it cost to stay at hotel Cascadas/get Ficha drinks/Arriba every night?
    9. Is the brothels the only thing you’re doing on your off time? Or will you be supplementing it with potentially cheaper activities like hanging out on the beaches in baja?
    10. After all this, how much money will you have in savings? How about in retirement?
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    ^^^ Country, this are questions for you to consider. DO NOT POST THESE ANSWERS ON THIS SITE !
  • wallanon
    6 years ago
    Warrior has his PSA for the day.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Only a retard would consider posting the answers.

@Countryman DO NOT POST THESE ANSWERS ON THIS SITE !
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    OK guys. I have met Country. He is not a retard. He's actually an intelligent person with a really good job. That job is transferrable to different parts of the country if he wants. He is very single with no attachments to where he lives now. So a move to a different city is not that much of a life changing event.

But I think he is just thinking out loud on this idea. I tried to give him ideas on what he should think about. Not tear him down because he made a statement of what he is considering. Flag, this is no different than you made a statement that you were considering not taking a job because you would be farther from your CF. Where is the difference ? He is just thinking out loud !
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ exactly my point, and the advice was the opposite.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    And the situation I semi-seriously described didn't require a move (just less schedule flexibility) and involved a specific person.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    @flagooner

We gave you different advice bc you're flagooner
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ that is true lol
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Oh, well that explains it.

Carry on
  • JAprufrock
    6 years ago
    @papi "I don't see how this move has a high potential to ruin his life, I see it as improving his happiness."
    In the short term for sure. But one thing to consider: If someone has easy access to a place like this -- and he certainly has an affinity for it -- they might overdo it and blow through their retirement savings, mortgage the house and who knows what else if they can't control themselves.
    I think I could control myself, but you never know until you're in that situation. That's why in the dream scenarios I concoct in my head, I'm living in Phoenix -- close enough to visit TJ regularly but not so close that you're there several times a week every week.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    countryman. my trucking experience is quite different than yours. when I was stuck in sleepers I was never in the truck more than five days with a co driver. most the time I drove day cabs and I would usually be out for two days with staying in a hotel for my required layover. i am a Teamster retired with a pension (unfortunately a great portion of it I have to pay out to my ex wife). I honestly don’t think I could live as a truck driver living day in and day out week after week in a fucking truck.
    by the way I do not like the Teamsters union. they pay their union officials way too much and they are power-hungry.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    if I had a chance to redo life as a young man I would never ever become a truck driver again. as it is I did it for 40 years.
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    @MisterWonderful yep trucking isn't a job it is a lifestyle
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    Hey yall let's start a TJ SD club someday. Do it Countryman don't be scared. You won't be homeless, you can stay at my place, lol.

There's a quote, "all men die but few men ever lived"

I'm glad I did :-)
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Makes perfect sense to me. I have always looked down on sex tourism. So what you do is you make it so it is not just tourism. TUSCL and strip clubs are of most service to business travelers. This should be obvious.

When I travel it will be for business, not for sex tourism and certainly not to gain approval from TUSCL members.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    FWIW, in the organization I am working to build, when we expand, I plan to be driving trucks which connect it all together. Not class A trucks, but class C, and pulling trailers.

There are all different types of business travelers. These travelers are the sorts who most benefit from strip clubs and TUSCL.

Good Luck Countryman!

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion