Dancer profiles are now available! Free VIP for dancers, apply now. More info

Advertisement
Front Room

$160/month apartment in Dominican Republic

NJBalla
NJBalla115236

New York

8 yrs ago · 1 min read

I spend more per month on central air

Replies (18)Latest

Profile picture for Papi_Chulo
Papi_Chulo
•

I don't know if it still happens, but back in the day (1980s) I would hear of Cuban people here in Miami that would move to the DR after retirement and they could afford to have a maid

Profile picture for twentyfive
twentyfive
•

^ Why wait they have panhandlers there as well.

Profile picture for jackslash
jackslash
•

I have looked into moving to countries with a low cost of living: Mexico, Belize, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Panama, Thailand. If you're retired and want to make your retirement income go a long way, it makes sense. I know a woman who only had $2K a month in retirement. She moved to Chang Mai, Thailand, where she lives like a queen.

However, cost of living is only one thing to consider. Language, culture, friends & family--you may miss these in a foreign land.

Profile picture for skibum609
skibum609
•

Before you move overseas, figure out if medical care exists.

Profile picture for shadowcat
shadowcat
•

A co worker of mine retired and built a small retirement home on Lake Chapala near Guadalajara Mexico. It was in a community of ex Pats and wealthy Mexicans. I visited him one afternoon for 4 hours and after listening to him complain about all the things he didn't like, I decided that wasn't for me.

Quality medical care would be a major concern for me. Next time you go a vacation, go to one of those countries and take a look at the typical meat market, etc.

I don't pay any rent. I own my 15,047 sq ft house plus attached 2 car garage and 300 sq ft screened in patio in a retirement community of 155 homes. I pay $150/yr to HOA, Less than $500/yr in property taxes and about $600/yr for home owners insurance. I have everything I need within a 10 minute drive. I baby sat my youngest grand daughter on Tuesday. We went to Wendy's for lunch. I would miss my family and friends too much.

Profile picture for ATACdawg
ATACdawg
•

Over 15,000 sq ft? Holy catfish, shadow, can I move in with you? Heck, I'd even mow the lawn and do two-thirds of the cooking! ;-D

Profile picture for shadowcat
shadowcat
•

Oops. That should be 1,547 sq ft.

Profile picture for ATACdawg
ATACdawg
•

Lol!

Profile picture for ime
ime
•

Shadowcat just chilling in his palace and fucking Follies girls, not a bad retirement plan.

Profile picture for JAprufrock
JAprufrock
•

@shadowcat, quit enjoying life so much. You're making lonely, miserable depressed people, like my friend, feel even more hopeless.

Profile picture for Vantablack
Vantablack
•

I was in the Dominican Republic back in 2013. It's a good place for vacation....but for living..not so much. At least it isn't to me.

Profile picture for twentyfive
twentyfive
•

phat head, your world is in your head, and entirely a fantasy where you and SJG play dungeons and dragons with imaginary GFs I’ll take that as a compliment, thank you ;)

Profile picture for Papi_Chulo
Papi_Chulo
•

Living in the DR is probably a good-thing if one's top-priority/need is making one's $$$ go as far as possible - but I assume there are things one will have to do w/o that one is accustomed-to in the US.

Certain cities in Colombia offer a better standard-of-living than the DR while still having a pretty-good COL.

Profile picture for NJBalla
NJBalla
•

@raytripp definitely watch a few videos from the account i posted. I visited DR myself and its an adult disneyland. It's amazing how that country produces so many beautiful women. You would literally see a girl who could star in victoria's secret sweeping your restaurant floor. The only saddening thing is many girls are forced into escorting by thier families. I've had a few girls break down crying after I passed on thier offer to head back to my hotel for FS. Imagine having to pity fuck a girl who looks like Rosario Dawson for only $60. It messes with the head.

Profile picture for two_bits
two_bits
•

"I own my 15,047 sq ft house"

Impressive, almost as large as my summer place.

Profile picture for twentyfive
twentyfive
•

"@twentyfive that must be your IQ bitch ass nigga"

@Phat head that line has been used before so i will respond with my standard answer my I.Q. may be 25, but it's still, 24 points higher than yours mofo lol !

Profile picture for TFP
TFP
•

For a second there Shadowcat had me thinking he was Sultan of Atanta with the square footage he listed. Lol!

Profile picture for orionsmith
orionsmith
•

I currently have a smaller house than shadow with even lower bills but thinking about buying a much larger place. Wondering if the higher utility bills etc will bother me. My total air, water, gas was less than $120 last month I think. I haven't been home much and I like some space. Maybe I jus need to sell stuff and save money instead of a big 15,000 space ,lol, just kidding. Actually 1500 would be more space right now. I probably have too much crap and furniture if that's not big enough.

Join the conversation

Sign in to reply to this discussion.

Advertisement