tuscl

Hookahs ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
a) how common are they in the clubs you hit?

b) do you enjoy hookahs yourself and if so why?

24 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    a) they're starting to become more popular in the black clubs I hit, particularly on nightshift

b) I've never smoked anything including hookah and never had much desire/interest, beyond a mild-curiosity w.r.t. hookahs
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    I HATE smoke. No matter what is comes from. Cigarettes, cigars, E-cigs, hookah's. If there was one in a strip club I was in, I might leave.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I don't like smoking nor being around it, hookah smoke I think is supposed to be odorless but still gives me a bad/negative impression when I see someone blowing a big-ole cloud/stream of hookah smoke
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ for w/e reason it just comes across as crass to me
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    I haven't seen one yet and hope not to.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    It's gross!

Not encountered one in a strip club, and CA state law would prohibit it in any indoor retail space.

SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Nope. Not around here. That's fine by me.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    All too common. I don't like hookahs or other smoke.
  • a21985
    6 years ago
    SJG - there are plenty of things that go on in the clubs we talk about here that law prohibits. Anyways, haven't seen them in any clubs I frequent in SE Detroit. In my younger years I enjoyed an occasional hookah. But I I gave up smoking anything (cigs, cigars, pipe, hookah, etc...) over 5 years ago. I now will only vape to get my nic fix. I don't hate being around smoking, but I imagine the smoke hookah produces would be obnoxious in a club in terms of visibility.
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    As Jackslash mentioned, common...

They are very common in Detroit clubs now especially because most clubs have an middle eastern crowd which (for me) are the only people I see using them.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    No hookah in any club I've been in, luckily
  • realDougster
    6 years ago
    Foreign types with the hookah pipes say
    Ay oh whey oh, ay oh whey oh
  • a21985
    6 years ago
    @jack and @shailynn - which Detroit clubs? Makes sense nearer to Dearborn that they'd have him, but I've never seen them...
    6 years ago
    There are several Las Vegas clubs that offer them. I am not a fan but I usually only go during the day so there is rarely any users at that time.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    They rented them at a club I used to go to a few years ago. I don't know if they still do.

Never had any interest myself
  • clubdude
    6 years ago
    Too many on the eight mile strip and flight club.
  • goosman
    6 years ago
    Hookahs seem to be creeping in, especially in the clubs with more of a party vibe.
  • Bavarian
    6 years ago
    I have only seen them at PTs. They are $40.

I only tried it once.
  • vincemichaels
    6 years ago
    Just keep the hot pipe bowls away from my balls. :)
  • lolruned
    6 years ago
    Hookah lounges are such a waste of money. You pay $20+ per person to smoke a hookah and sit on a couch that probably hasn't been washed in years. If you really want to smoke hookah, you should probably buy your own and invite people over. Now, hookah in a SC sounds like a pretty good combination as long as prices are reasonable. I've heard of these places but never checked out
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    Heard them being offered at one club over and over, but thankfully, no one partook during any of my visits. I smoked tobacco for over a decade, but never tried a hookah, and won't touch nicotine again.
  • rh48hr
    6 years ago
    I've seen it once or twice.

Never tried it, never will.
  • Dolfan
    6 years ago
    They're fairly common in the mixed clubs around here too. They're kinda treated as an alternative to bottle service, folks pay for a hookah and get a nice reserved table. The same idea as with a bottle, girls tend to come over and take a few drags and flirt a bit.

I'm not a fan, I don't really smoke anything. Maybe a cigar or a joint once a year at the most. I'd prefer the clubs be smoke free, but its not like it really bothers me much though. I'm certainly not the type to get upset if the table next to me is smoking cigars or hookahs, or a little weed which seems to be nearly as common at a lot of the lower end black clubs around.
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    I saw them in a couple of clubs the last time I clubbed in Queens, but that is about it. I don't normally find myself in black clubs or well mixed clubs with a lot of black clientele, which is where I generally see these or otherwise read about them on here.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion