tuscl

OT: Beer

sinclair
Strip Club Nation
Friday, March 23, 2018 4:52 PM
This is for all the beer drinkers on TUSCL... 1. Favorite style of beer (wheat, Porter, lager, stout, IPA, Belgian, etc)? 2. Favorite mass produced domestic beer? 3. Favorite craft beer? 4. Favorite import beer? 5. Bonus: Favorite malt liquor?

35 comments

• sinclair
    6 years ago
    1. Lager 2. Budweiser 3. Pyramid Brewing Apricot Ale 4. Pilsner Urquell 5. King Cobra
  • K
    6 years ago
    1.Belgians 2. Sams 3. 077xx 4. Cuvee van de kiezer blau 5. Malt liquor is a waste of malt.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    I don't have many favorites, just love the variety of deliciousness. If I had to be limited to beer from one region, it would probably be Belgium, but there are many many Belgian styles, it's not a style on its own. Or maybe the word "Belgian" on its own has come to be associated with one certain style? I dunno. As close as I can come to a fave beer is probably Chimay Grande Reserve (Bleue), an amazing complex trappist ale, although the Chimay Red, in the Belgian dubbel style, gives it a run for its money
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    1. Lager and ale 2. Sam Adams 3. - 4. Courage Special Brew. I think that's what it was called. They had it aboard British Navy ships. I loved it. 5. -
  • K
    6 years ago
    I had intended to say begian trippel or quad but got ahead of myself
  • orionsmith
    6 years ago
    I like Miller Lite. Once used to drink natural lite. Would drink bud lite a little if it's on sale compared to Miller lite. I've been to the brewery in Milwaukee where they make Miller beers. Had one of my first beers in a big red cup at a St. Louis zoo when I was 16. People weren't so hung up on drinking laws back then. I didn't even know I was drinking beer. I was thirsty and looking for water but didn't find water. I don't really know beers that much. Did most of my beer sampling 20 years ago or earlier in my college days and haven't sampled different beers since. I did try something my brother was drinking but didn't care for it.
  • ime
    6 years ago
    1. Favorite style of beer (wheat, Porter, lager, stout, IPA, Belgian, etc)? I will go with IPA or DIPA but I really dig a lot of styles from Belgians to traditional German styles 2. Favorite mass produced domestic beer? Sam Adams I guess 3. Favorite craft beer? This is almost impossible there are just way to many good ones. Maibok - Rogue Dead Guy Local NC IPA Foothills - Jade IPA 4. Favorite import beer? Belgian St. Bernardus Abt 12. I would say Westvletern 12 but that is hard to get even in Belgium (I have 10 bottles hidden away). German - Weihenstephan 5. Bonus: Favorite malt liquor? Olde English 800 - 64oz . 40's are for girly men. I am a huge beer nerd, home brew and have won some awards in competitions. I have been learning it for a while from a friend who has been doing this for over 30 years and if given the chance could make amazing beers on a craft brewery scale if given the chance.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    IPA Sam Adams Castle danger Harp None
  • Hank Moody
    6 years ago
    1. Barleywine 2. Yuengling 3. DuClaw Hell on Wood barrel aged barleywine 4. Guinness 5. N/A
  • datinman
    6 years ago
    1. Favorite style of beer (wheat, Porter, lager, stout, IPA, Belgian, etc)? IPA 2. Favorite mass produced domestic beer? Sam Adams If I have to. 3. Favorite craft beer? Currently Psuedo Sue 4. Favorite import beer? Delirium Tremens 5. Bonus: Favorite malt liquor? Founder's DKML
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    Damn I can't narrow down most of these to just one. 1. Pilsner or Lager 2. Rolling Rock 3. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (most interesting I'd have recently: Saranac Smores Porter) 4. Everyday drinking: Heineken or Amstel Light /// fancy: Delirium Nocturnum / Orval / Weihenstephan Hefe 5. easily Mickeys!
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    Oh Juice doesn't have internet access so he asked me to fill his out for him: JUICE'S RESPONSES 1. Four Loko 2. Four Loko Grape 3. Four Loko Watermelon 4. Four Loko Gold 5. Four Loko Fruit Punch
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    1. Stouts and porters 2. Sam Adams (meh...) 3. Firestone Nitro Merlin Milk Stout 4. Duchesse de Bourgogne 5. No. I home brew occasionally.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    1. Favorite style of beer? Cold/cool 2. Favorite mass produced domestic beer? Yuengling 3. Favorite craft beer? NONE 4. Favorite import beer? Guinness from a PROPER tap. 5. Bonus: Favorite malt liquor? NONE
  • etsutwigg222
    6 years ago
    The one after a successful download in VIP !!!
  • s275ironman
    6 years ago
    1. Lager 2. Sam Adams 3. Bell's Oberon 4. Newcastle 5. None
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Dilly, Dilly
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    1. Pilsner 2. Budweiser in long neck bottle 3. Whatever the local brewery has (especially in Germany where every little village has its one) 4. Becks. 5. I don’t think I’ve ever had one. Should I?
  • thedude111222
    6 years ago
    1) IPA 2) Firestone Pivo (technically craft but you can find it at a gas station) 3) Monkish IPAs 4) cantillon Fou Foune or Drie Fonteinen Oude Gueze
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    thedude: Very interesting! You and a number of other folks have picked a different "favorite style" from your favorite beer, which I always find itneresting -- I'm in the same boat too, as in I have faves from styles that I don't otherwise love. I haven't tried Drie Fonteinen Oude Gueze or Cantillon Fou Foune specifically, but Gueze and lambic is about as far from IPA as you can get, style-wise. I think that's good, not a criticism, just interesting and worth commenting on
  • azrookie
    6 years ago
    IPA Bells Two Hearted Ale (I think it qualifies) Russian River Pliny the Elder Duvel Shooting a 16 oz can of Colt 45 (not since high school)
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Why beer is better than women (I don't say that they are good reasons :-) 1. You can enjoy a beer all month. 2. Beer stains wash out. 3. You don't have to wine and dine a beer. 4. Your beer will always wait patiently for you in the car. 5. When beer goes flat you toss it out. 6. Beer is never late. 7. HANGOVERS go away. 8. A beer doesn't get jealous when you grab another beer. 9. Beer labels come off without a fight. 10. When you go to a bar, you know you can always pick up a beer. 11. Beer never has a headache. 12. After you have a beer, the bottle is still worth a dime. 13. A beer won't get upset if you come home with beer on your breath. 14. If you pour a beer right, you will always get good head. 15. You can have more than one beer a night and not feel guilty. 16. A beer ALWAYS goes down easy. 17. You can share a beer with your friends. 18. You always know that you are the first one to pop a beer. 19. A beer is always wet. 20. beer doesn't demand equality. 21. A beer doesn't care when you come. 22. You can have a beer in public. 23. A frigid beer is a good beer. 24. You don't have to wash a beer before it tastes good. 25. Beer always comes in multiples of six. 26. Beer doesn't mind being in the "wet spot" that IT left. 27. You can't catch anything but a "buzz" from a beer. 28. After you have a beer, you're committed to nothing other than dumping the empty bottle. 29. A beer never costs you more than five dollars and never leaves you thirsty. 30. When your beer is gone, you just pop another. 31. You rarely (if ever) find beer labels on the shower curtain rod. 32. Beer looks the same in the morning. 33. Beer doesn't look you up in a month. 34. Beer doesn't worry about someone walking in. 35. Beer doesn't worry about waking the kids. 36. Beer doesn't get cramps. 37. Beer doesn't have a mother. 38. Beer doesn't have morals. 39. Beer doesn't go crazy once a month. 40. Beer always listens and never argues. 41. Beer labels don't go out of style every year. 42. Beer doesn't whine, it bubbles. 43. Beer doesn't have cold hands/feet. 44. Beer doesn't demand legality. 45. Beer is never overweight. 46. If you change beers, you don't have to pay alimony. 47. Beer won't run off with your credit cards. 48. Beer doesn't have a lawyer. 49. Beer doesn't need much closet space. 50. Beer can't give your herpes or other nasty things. 51. Beer doesn't complain about the way you drive. 52. Beer doesn't mind if you fart or belch. 53. Beer never changes its mind. 54. Beer doesn't tease you or play hard to get. 55. Beer never asks you to change the station. 56. Beer doesn't make you go shopping. 57. Beer doesn't tell you to mow the grass. 58. Beer doesn't mind seeing Chuck Norris and Charles Bronson flicks. 59. Beer is always easy to pick up. 60. Big, fat beers are nice to have. 61. Beer doesn't pout or play games. 62. Beer NEVER says no. 63. Beer is easy to get into. 64. Beer never complains when you take it somewhere. 65. Beer doesn't need to go to the 'powder room' with other beers. 66. Beer doesn't wear a bra. 67. Beer doesn't mind getting dirty. 68. Beer doesn't complain about insensitivity. 69. Beer doesn't use up your toilet paper. 70. Beer doesn't live with its mother. 71. Beer doesn't blow you off. 72. Beer doesn't care if you have no culture or manners. 73. Beer doesn't bitch, yell, or cry. 74. Beer doesn't mind football season. 75. A beer won't make you go to church. 76. A beer is more likely to know how to spell "carburetor" than a woman. 77. A beer doesn't think baseball is stupid simply because the guys spit. 78. A beer doesn't think DOS is pronounced "dose". 79. A beer doesn't give a fuck if you keep a bunch of other beers around. 80. A beer will not insist that those odious Michelin commercials with babies are "cute". 81. If a beer leaks all over the room, it smells kinda good for a while. 82. A beer will not call you a sexist pig if you say "doberman" instead of "doberperson". 83. A beer won't get a job as a DJ and play 5 straight hours of lesbian folk music on your favorite radio station. 84. A beer won't claim that the Three Stooges are shitheads. 85. A beer won't raise a fuss about a little thing like leaving the toilet seat up. 86. If you mention a "three-hundred-fifty cubic-inch V8" around a beer, it won't think you're talking about an enormous can of vegetable juice. 87. A beer won't whine that seatbelts hurt. 88. A beer won't smoke in your car. 89. A beer won't argue that there's no difference between shooting down an unidentified aircraft in a war zone and blowing a Korean airliner out of the sky. 90. A beer will never buy a car with automatic transmission. 91. A beer will actually *support* belching and farting and share your enthusiasm for getting them included as demonstration sports in the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta. 92. A beer is always ready to leave on time. 93. A beer never fishes for compliments. 94. Some beers (e.g. St. Pauli Girl) have fabulous tits. 95. Beer tastes *good*. 96. If you take a beer outta the fridge just to look at it but then decide to drink it, the beer won't accuse you of "date rape". 97. A beer won't raise any objections to an evening of watching "John Holmes' Greatest Hits" on your VCR. 98. An ice-cold beer will nonetheless let you have your way with it. 99. A beer won't make you pick up some tampons when you go to the grocery store. 100. A beer won't accuse you of lying when you say you read Penthouse "just for the articles". (You *are* lying, but the beer won't accuse you of it). 101. A beer won't worry that you'll go to jail if you videotape a Giants game without the expressed, written consent of the National Football League. 102. A beer won't fill up your car with cheesy 85-octane gas with the excuse: "But I saved a quarter!" 103. A beer will *never* make you go to a Swedish movie. 104. A beer will *never* make you turn off "Fists of Fury Theater" on channel 5 on Saturday afternoons. 105. A beer won't accuse you of being a sexist pig if you say "Gene Hackman" instead of "Gene Hackperson". 106. A beer won't make you eat some experimental vegetarian meal that tastes like STP Oil Treatment. 107. When you're through with a beer, the thought of another beer doesn't make you ill.
  • gammanu95
    6 years ago
    1. Other - Ale 2. Miller Lite 3. Abita 4. La Bohemia 5. Glenfiddich (seriously, you can't insult good single malt whiskey by giving the same name to the swill that is sold in 40oz increments)
  • vincemichaels
    6 years ago
    shailynn, you forgot one for Juice. Juice Loko piss.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    1. Lager 2. Coors Banquet Beer and Sam Adams 3. I’m not a craft brew guy 4. Stella Artois 5. Colt 45 in a 40 oz bottle
  • Bavarian
    6 years ago
    I just like Dos Equis
  • ATACdawg
    6 years ago
    ^The most interesting guy in that particular seat ;-) I used to like Sam Adams an Belgian lagers. However, gluten intolerance had reared its ugly head. My gluten-free favorites, in order: Daura Bard Red Bridge Can't stand: Omission I also go with hard ciders like Angry Orchard, Stella cider, and Strong's My son-in-law is a darn good brewer and quite often does dark sled with the gluten removed. I haven't met one that I didn't like.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    i drink indio when avaliable and i am in the mood. otherwise whatever.
  • K
    6 years ago
    Having a st bernardus quad and a good burger. Then off for a few lap dances and finish the weekend with a massage and some fun. Not bad for a sunday outside of footbal season
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    La fin da Monde, Belgian triple ale, 9% alcohol. If a strip club ever served it, they would be packed with rich studs like me. Rarely do you find it on tap. I buy it for $2.50 bottle at Total Wine. Smoking deal fir the best tasting beer.
  • K
    6 years ago
    La fin du monde is on tap at my favorite bar a few times a year. It would be a long trip for you but it might be worth it
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    1. Favorite style of beer (wheat, Porter, lager, stout, IPA, Belgian, etc)? I like almost all beer, I'll even drink cheap shitty beer if someone offers me some. I guess stouts can be a little heavy, and some IPAs have a little too much bite in the aftertaste. 2. Favorite mass produced domestic beer? Sam Adams, Blue Moon. 3. Favorite craft beer? I go to a lot of restaurants that specialize in having lots of craft beers so I could name plenty. But right now, a local tap bar in the metro area makes great (expensive) beers now being sold at liquor stores. It's called B.Nektar, the first one I tried was Zombiekiller. 4. Favorite import beer? Stella. 5. Bonus: Favorite malt liquor? Don't think it.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Drink*
  • wildbourbon
    6 years ago
    1. I don't know a thing about beer but living in hop country, I like the local IPAs. 2. I just know I don't like Stella Artois. Only had it a couple of times and it has a skunky aftertaste to me...like a skunk smell might taste. 3. When I lived in Kentucky, I really liked Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale and Blackberry Porter from Alltech/Lexington Brewing. Here in the NW I like Bale Breaker IPA, Space Dust IPA, and Ninkasi Oatis Stout. 4. ??? 5. Don't think I've had malt liquor.
  • sshrfrsky
    6 years ago
    Porter, stouts, red and brown ales Sam Adams Boston, Miller Light Mayflower porter and Allagash Black Chimay, guinness Private stock.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion