tuscl

Tipping the door girl?

PaulDrake
Off again on again PL
Looks like this topic hasn't been discussed in 5+ years.

Do you guys tip the door girl?

My thoughts are not to do it at a super high volume club. But at a low volume club where you are a regular at it is probably worth it. Tipping the door girl once a week for a year is only $50. Potential advantages to tipping the door girl:
-Get warned about no girls working at that time
-I have gotten free entry once and free passes another time when there weren't many girls working or the girl I liked wasn't there
-Bypass the ID scan
-Info on whether a girl is still working there or where she might have gone

29 comments

• Subraman
    7 years ago
    It was discussed pretty recently. I remember it distinctly, because I don't get it at all -- after decades of SCing, it never even occurred to me to tip the doorgirl, someone who was not providing me a service of any kind.

On the other hand, I guess my general rule of "there is never a downside to being friendly with the staff, and almost always an upside", goes with this too, as your examples above show. Most aren't needed for me (e.g., I am friendly with the bouncers and manager, I have not paid an entry fee into my favorite club in years), but I could see what you mention being useful if it were, especially for a couple of dollars per entrance

• Liwet
    7 years ago
    I don't tip walking in but if I ever need to know if any girls are working I'll put something in her tip jar.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I agree that she's not providing me a service that I want - I usually tip b/c it feels as if that is what you are supposed to do - and I think most people tip for the same reason.

The strip club is a tipping business; often to the point of it being a shakedown - it is what it is - the nature of the beast and doesn't seem worth it to fight the system per se.

These days I kinda see-it as most of the staff probably does not get paid a very high salary - so I kinda see my tipping as doint something for the better good - I don't tip big but do tip adequately and then hope others also tip adequately and thus help out those folks make a decent living - but I gotta admit I really don't know how much the staff at SCs get paid such as the doorgirl but I would assume it's around minimum-wage and she depends on tips to make sometjing decent.

What I don't like is when the plant a girl there on dayshift and there is no cover - so wtf is she doing other than just sitting there collecting tips - at least when there is cover-charge there's a reason for her to be there.

• jackslash
    7 years ago
    I told the door girl to buy Bitcoin when it was at $2.
  • max_starr
    7 years ago
    I tried to tip the door guy / bouncer once and he looked at me like I was crazy, so I never did it again.
  • gawker
    7 years ago
    I almost always have a free pass, abiding the entry fee, so I give the door girl a $20 for ones and drop one in the tip jar for making change.
  • Warrior15
    7 years ago
    My rule is kind of shallow. Is she cute and is she showing cleavage ? If so, then I'll tip. Otherwise, why ?
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Tell me do you tip the attendant that takes your ticket at Disney Land ? Because the strip club is kind of an adult Disney Land. Jes sayin!
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Why would you tip someone simply to let you into a place where you can spend more money? It's more of a chump's game than paying a cover charge.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Actually it's worse than that.

It's tipping someone for taking your money to allow you into a place so that you can spend more money.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    Most of the guys tip the door girl at my favorite club in return for the pat down. They never pat me down because of my regular status but I give them a $1 anyway just to be friendly. I was discussing this with a dancer recently and her take on it was that it was rude to not tip the door girls. ???
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    I don't tip for a service I don't want and don't need.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^So Shadowcat you are tipping for less service those guys are tipping for the hand job and you aren’t even getting that much. If I were you I’d complain. ;)
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    What can I say. I'm old. :)
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^ I’m right behind you let’s get on them for age discrimination! ;)
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    I haven’t been to a club with a door girl in a long time. I’m pretty sure my clubbing tastes are too low end for this type of service.

However, since I contribute when the dollar parade comes around - I don’t see a problem with tipping the door girl a single or two.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    Nope. Never tip the door girl. And I never see other guys tip, either.
  • DeclineToState
    7 years ago
    At one place I go there’s a big glass jar and I throw $1 or $2 in there, yes I suppose I’m succumbing to tip pressure but whatever, it doesn’t kill me.
    If I have something I want kept safe up front, like a bottle of wine for dinner later to avoid going back to my car, then for sure
  • DeclineToState
    7 years ago
    ^I give a $5 to ensure it’s still there when I’m ready to bail
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    If I have some $1 bills I usually tip. Most of the clubs I go to the girls are hot, and usually friendly.

Iusually tip them, the door guy if he seats me, the bartender, the VIP guy, the bathroom troll, the valet. Fuck no wonder my club nights are so expensive!
  • stanlee
    7 years ago
    Warrior wins this comment thread
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    Yeah I’ll put a dollar in the tip jar.
  • sshrfrsky
    7 years ago
    If getting singles, then always $1-2 . Other times usually no. If it's a day visit then no cover and I guess I'm a regular because I'm not getting ID'd most of the time. So no need to pull out the wallet.
  • wiffle shwaffle
    7 years ago
    I work the door on slow nights at one of the Michigan Ave clubs in Detroit. The club guarantees a set amount for me and if I don't make it, they pay me the difference.
    I literally just watch coats and fuck around on my phone all night in coat check. Coat check is literally $1 + optional tip.
    What I'm trying to say though, is if you don't tip the door/coat check person, the club is more than likely going to pay that person anyway.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^They should be paying you, but expecting guy walking in the door to pay you to look up and say hello is beyond ridiculous.
  • lolruned
    7 years ago
    I don't think I've yet encountered a "door girl" except for when I've left a strip club and I've seen a woman by the cash register just leaning on the counter looking at her phone inconspicuously. From my experience, usually a bouncer is by the entrance or near it. I usually tip everyone who works at the establishment (from managers and DJs to bartenders and bouncers) on any given night
  • wiffle shwaffle
    7 years ago
    The bouncer I work with here just tells the guys to check their coats to tip me if they want to on the way out. There's no pressure to tip anybody at this club. The VIP guy can be pushy, and there are numerous complaints about him all over various forums. I know this is a stupid job and I usually just hand people their coats without reminding them to pay. It's too easy of a job for me to care about.
    The door girls at Legends have more complex duties. They check in dancers, their IDs, handle coat check, and also handle cover charges. I just watch coats and think about how gross some of them smell.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I assume when the OP said "door girl" he meant the girl that takes the cover-charge, not just stand at the door and welcome people (that's usually a bouncer)
  • rockie
    7 years ago
    Only when she makes change for me.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion