tuscl

Marijuana 101

JohnSmith69
layin low but staying high
The following is an introductory beginners guide to using marijuana for older farts who are doing so for the first time. I've been asked for this information by a tuscler and decided to post it in case we have other aspiring stoners who might benefit. This is only a summary but I'll be glad to answer any questions if I can. Many of you may already know this information but some don't so be nice. All of this was new to me when the DS got me smoking weed. I will address two issues, what forms of marijuana are available, and where is the best place to get it.

The most commonly known form of weed is flower (also called bud because it is dried marijuana flower buds which is the part of the plant with a high THC concentration). The flower is ground up, preferably with a small grinder but you can also use your fingers if you are thorough. This is then put in cigarette paper (a joint) or cigar paper (a blunt) and smoked. A blunt usually burns slightly slower. Flower can also be smoked in other ways like a pipe or a bong (which runs the smoke through water and thereby somewhat reduces the harshness of the smoke), as well as with a vape (discussed below). The main advantage of flower is that it gets you high quickly and efficiently because the lungs are a great delivery mechanism. It is also usually the cheapest form of marijuana.

But smoking flower has several downsides. First the smell is overwhelming, making it all but impossible to hide. Also the high does not usually last long, maybe 45 - 120 minutes depending upon how much you smoke. And the harshness of the smoke can be particularly bad, especially for older guys. If you smoke flower, I recommend using a vape. The Pax is by far the best brand of vape for flower. A vape runs at a lower temperature that won't burn the flower but just creates vapor. Flower is still harsh with the Pax, but not nearly as harsh as a blunt or pipe. Also there is much less smell with the Pax. You probably can't usually use a Pax in a public place like a strip club, but it's still much more discrete than a blunt and can only be smelled in fairly close proximity to the device.

A second form is concentrates which is marijuana that has been processed to increase the THC level. It takes much less concentrate to get you high than it does flower. Concentrates come in several forms but I think the easiest form for a beginner to use is probably wax. Look for a wax that is not too sticky since it will be easier to work with. A concentrated oil may also be a good option if you are in a state that will allow you to purchase the pre-filled oil cartridges. While concentrates can be consumed in several ways, the best in my experience is to use a vape. Most concentrates in a vape have almost no smell, and the harshness is not nearly as bad as with flower. There are hundreds of vape devices, PM me if you want suggestions. But I would look for a little micro device. I've taken such a device to strip clubs many times, and often smoke freely and openly with strippers ITC. There is almost no smell and you can use it anywhere that smoking cigarettes or cigars is allowed. You do have to be careful not too smoke too much concentrate since it is very strong, but this is easy to manage with a little practice.

A third form of marijuana is edibles. You can buy almost any type of food or drink item infused with marijuana. Thus, by taking the edible product out of its original package and putting it in a similar package for non-marijuana edibles, you can carry it anywhere with almost no risk. I've had cops, stadium security, and TSA agents see, hold, and examine my edibles, and every time they gave them right back, having no clue they were marijuana.

Edibles take much longer to get a person high. For example, smoking flower you can get high in a few minutes. In comparison, edibles take anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours to take effect. Edibles that you drink and chew take effect a little faster than others. Another difference is that the high from edibles lasts a lot longer, easily 6-8 hours. So edibles are usually good for an entire strip club visit. Edibles take practice, and you must proceed slowly to determine how much to take. But once you learn your tolerances, edibles allow you to more precisely control your high than is possible with other forms. You can easily consume just enough to get a little buzz, get "high as fuck" as the DS calls it, or anything in between. Edibles cost more than other forms, particularly flower, but the cost can be worth it if you find that you like the edibles high. Also, the cost of edibles has come down 20-50% in the stores that I regularly shop in over the past 3 years so they are more affordable than ever. Just get mints, gum, candies, etc and put them in a package for such candy. It is very easy to hide. Only a drug dog or a chemistry test can detect most edibles so long as you avoid the ones that are stamped "THC."

You can make your own concentrates but I wouldn't. It is complicated and dangerous. You can also make your own edibles from flower which is occasionally a fun thing to do. But buying edibles in a legal store is best because you know exactly how much THC is in the product, and the product looks more like a commercial food product. There are other forms of marijuana as well. For example, I am experimenting with an edible oil concentrate that was developed for medical uses but is also an option to just get high. It takes only a few drops to be high for hours. But that product is for more advanced users and not beginners.

Most people start out smoking flower but may then experiment with other forms. This is what I did. The DS taught me to smoke flower. But that was too harsh for me so I did some research and found out about concentrates. After enjoying concentrates for a while I then tried edibles, and now I'm exploring other options. It's best to try a variety of options to find what works best for you.

Flower is the easiest form to get. When I started I got it from strippers, mostly the DS. Most strippers know several drug dealers, one of which may be their boyfriend. I have also had limited dealings directly with drug dealers myself, all of which were dangerous and are not to be repeated. If you know friends who are 420 friendly, you might ask if they know any suppliers who don't look and act like they just as soon kill you as sell to you. But unless you get a reliable referral I would avoid drug dealers. If medical weed is legal in your state then getting a medical card is obviously a great option. You can also simply travel to a state where weed is legal and stock up. I believe that every state that allows legal sales will allow out of state residents to make purchases. This is getting easier all the time, and once Calif joins the list of legal states the floodgates will be completely open. It's also extremely easy to bring weed home from a legal state via airplane or car.

34 comments

• vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Be careful when you stand up. You'll probably get dizzy and fall over. :)
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Today's pot is quite potent. It isn't your mama's dope.
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    I'm not sure about doing from concentrated formats like wax and oil. "Popcorn lung" is a real condition from those that inhale products this way for some time. The cleaning process isnt so pure from most providers, remember they got bills to pay and a profit to make.

Best to bong hit, medium or lower temp vaporizer, or edibles. I wonder about smoking with a filter like Camel's? Just kidding...
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    No reason one should need to use marijuana, and no reason they should think they are deriving any benefit from it.

SJG
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    TUSCL wrap up:

1. Jackslash shares his world famous lasagna recipe.

2. Shailynn gives a guide on how to hire prostitutes in Canada

3. JS69 shows we CAN learn something from a stripper and added an excellent and detailed guide on how to become a marijuana smoker.

Next up:

4. Juice will explain how to cook, use and sell crystal meth.

5. Gawker will show how to blow your entire 401k on a stripper in mere months

And

6. LDK82 will explain how to get handjobs for free (as long as you’re not concerned with the sex of the person performing the handjob on you).
  • SirLapdancealot
    7 years ago
    There are two main strains of MJ too, indica and sativa. You still get high on both, but in general only, indica gives you that stoned feeling where you just want to veg on the couch. Whereas sativa makes your mind race and you have more energy. Personally I like any good weed so I tend not to care, but there are subtle differences between them. You can get hybrid strains too which is what I usually smoke. My preferred type to smoke whilst mongering is a sativa called 'Dirty Girl'.

Great thread JS69.
  • wildbourbon
    7 years ago
    I'll add some of my experience since I live in WA and you can buy as much weed as you want from a store. I'm going to add a disclaimer...I like getting high, so I only partake in the following activities when I am at a location where I will be staying until I can sleep off the effects.

I'm in my mid 30's and never tried weed until a little over a year ago after it was legalized. Hell, I didn't even drink alcohol until I was over 30! Smoking weed was out of the question so I took up experimenting with edibles. At first I tried some taffy...WA and OR define one dose as 10 mg THC and I tried 15 mg. The dude at the counter said I'd get buzzed, but 15 mg barely made me tingle and I was super disappointed. After that I found mints were more economical than taffy and they came in easy-to-dose 5 mg tablets. 35 mg on an empty stomach gets me the right kind of high. I tried some THC drops that you mix in with a drink but even after 3 bottles, my highs ranged from nothing at all to barely feeling anything, so I'll never try those again.

I bought a joint this last summer and enjoyed the fast-onset high but I didn't like the smoke in my lungs, especially since I hadn't smoke a cigar/cigarette since I was 18.

Indica mints--The indica mints relax my body, make me sleepy, and really help numb the pain in my knees after playing basketball (kind of a warm fuzzy all over). There's also the added benefit that the indica strain seems to heighten my horny level, which I enjoy. The negative is that when I take indica on a weeknight, I have a harder time waking up in the morning and I am a little more tired.

Sativa mints--These are my favorites because these get me tripping in a way you'd expect from a light psychedelic drug. They do take away my pain but I think it's mostly because I'm focusing on the swirling Christmas lights exploding in my brain while I'm exploring being able to feel my skeletal system. It's awesome, IMO. The negative here is that I sometimes can feel a little anxiety but I'm able to control that quickly when I remind myself that I'm tripping and that I just need to sit back and enjoy the ride. Once I relax, everything is great.

Weed w/ bourbon--this heightens both the effects of both drugs. I take my weed mints first and when I start to feel the effects (1 to 2 hours later), I pour 1/2 of the usual amount I pour in my snifter and sip till it's gone. As I'm doing this, all the effects come on and I get a great light-headed and happy high. One time I took another pour because I wanted more and I got dizzy...lesson learned. Don't do this if you have to work the next morning.

I really like two things about weed. 1)I can take it right before dinner on a weeknight, trip for a couple of hours, hit the sack, and then wake up the next morning and go to work like it never happened. Once I get out of bed and in to the shower, it's like I didn't use the night before. Unlike alcohol...no hangover. 2) Sex and orgasms are mind blowing for me on weed. I have toe-curling sex when sober, but everything is heightened when I'm high. The ladies like it, too.

My tolerance builds up quickly so I only use a 3-4 times a week maximum. It's best if I use 1 time per week.

Tonight's going to be great...we have our city league basketball championship and when I get home from that...weed, no pain, and bed.

• joc13
    7 years ago
    Thank you. I feel like I have enough vocab now to have some idea of what's going on.

I have noticed that the smell of the smoke is noticeable while smoking, but it doesn't seem to linger like cigarette smoke.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    I should have mentioned the difference between indica and sativa. Sativa strains are supposed to give a more energizing high, whereas indica is supposed to give a more relaxed high. But I honestly can't tell a difference, they all make me relaxed and horny as fuck. And by its very nature marijuana is not something that you take when you want to accomplish something productive, so the whole idea of an energizing high from marijuana seems silly to me. But it affects everybody a little differently so you won't know until you try. You usually have to go to a legal store to get details on sativa vs indica by the way. A dealer won't know, and won't care.
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    Be sure to watch Reefer Madness when high. Funny movie but really sad that it continues to shape society's view of marijuana to this day.

And Wild is right. Sex and orgasms are much more intense with some weed. It will enhance the experience for your lady friend too.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    No interest in pot. None at all.

That said, it should be legalized.
  • bubba267
    7 years ago
    Word of caution, today's potent strains and forms can form dependency in those with addictive tendency. I've seen its dark side.
  • SirLapdancealot
    7 years ago
    The only time I can tell a strong sativa is different is if I smoke some right before I go to sleep. A strong sativa will get my mind racing and it becomes impossible for me to fall asleep until I come down from the high a little. Outside if this, it really doesn't matter much.

And if you do edibles, do not smoke weed in addition to it if you are a novice. Personally I prefer to smoke flower over vaping and eating it. Vaping gives me a short and intense high but then I will crash hard and want to take a nap. Eating gives me more of a body high and I feel less of a head high. I prefer the high from a bong, pipe, or joint.

To start off my visit tonight I got high with my ATF DS by splitting a joint with her. Then I bought her a Red Bull and she sat on my lap at the bar for a few min and it was nice to be high and horny as fuck with a boner poking into her beautiful ass before getting dances. And finally she LDKed me after three songs. I came hard. It was a typical awesome night having a quick party with a 9 hottie. And being high for sure enhanced everything. I've done the same routine sober and it is better when I'm high. And this is just in terms of how my dick feels.
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    The addiction rate with marijuana is fairly small. Ten percent is the figure that I read most often, although even that seems "high" to me. And even for the small number that have addiction it's not nearly as strong as the intense physical dependence that you get with harder drugs. Addiction and abuse are far worse with alcohol.
  • gawker
    7 years ago
    A little different historical perspective. I was a college student at a small school south of Boston from 1963 to 1969. In 1964 a friend who worked at Harvard Square introduced me to weed. He'd buy a pound and we'd package a shot glass full of leaves, seeds, & twigs in a plastic baggies with a twist-tie and sell them for $5.00 ( nickel bags). The quality was poor but the high was real, although if we'd had smoke detectors the clouds of smoke would have set them off. I enjoyed smoking weed into the early 70's when kids & family became a higher priority.
    About 2 years ago I was seeing a real beautiful stripper OTC at her apartment fairly regularly. She was 22 years old and a master at rolling blunts. She loved to sit on the couch naked with one foot on the couch smoking a blunt while I dined at the Y. Then she'd roll one for me and we'd switch places so she'd suck my dick while I smoked. God, those times were wonderful! The first time I got high with her I left about 11:00 pm and after driving 100 feet I knew I shouldn't be driving. My reaction time and depth perception were all fucked up. It took about an hour before I felt as if I could safely drive. It was very clear that the potency was far stronger than it had been 50 years ago. Since then I've tried edibles and as was mentioned earlier it took almost 2 hours to hit me. My home state has legalized recreational use but won't have dispensatories until next summer. I can't wait.
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    If you're gonna smoke flower, I strongly recommend the gawker system.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I've had dancers at my favorite club advise me that if I am ever going to give pot another try to try it in a safe place like home rather than a strip club until you get used to it.

Tried it in my 20's and preferred alcohol. Now that I'm in my 70's, I don't want to be the least bit impaired but I don't begrudge others.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
  • wildbourbon
    7 years ago
    I have couple of comments:

1. JS69-Energizing. All the billboards advertising weed stores talk about "getting energized", elevating your mind, etc. Like you, this has never made sense to me.

2. Addiction-JS69, bubba-I've heard of addiction too but it doesn't seem to have set in with me. I often take breaks of weeks from using and don't even think about it. It's when my evening schedule frees up for a week that I'm bored at home and I used for that week. On the other hand, I was drinking 5 nights a week for a couple of years and now I'm down to one or two. I was just gone for four days to visit my mom (where I can't drink) and every night I was thinking, "just sneak out and go to a bar."

3. Inconsistency-Shadow. I forgot to mention the inconsistent high of the edibles is a negative. It's as if the THC didn't get evenly distributed between the pieces in a pack, so one time you might get an almost-too-much combination and the next time you might just get a pleasant high or less. There are other factors but I try to always eat under the same circumstances.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    One of my actual life goals was to get the lawyer I work for (who is a complete square btw, but a great person) to smoke weed. He is older than js69 and always refused to smoke weed. He had an awful surgery semi-recently (partial amputation), and even refused the typical opiate medications they give people with such terrible surgeries. He was in a lot of pain, and the area that was partially amputated was causing him so much pain it was radiating through his entire body and giving him a fever. I forced him to hot my blunt, just once, but he hit the blunt twice. He said the only negative was his coughing. Within minutes, he said his pain was gone. The next day he said it also stopped his fever (shivering, etc). Then a couple days later I offered him a hit of another blunt and he took one hit without having to be talked into it. He said both times it substantially eased his pain and gave him great medicinal effects. I am a hero, and I accomplished a goal that I thought would never happen.

Indica>sativa, btw.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    Oh and js69 I disagree about marijuana being counterproductive. My friends and I (all college students) have has great, creative ideas while high. It can be very useful in productivity; it just depends on the person and situation.

And no one takes Reefer Madness seriously anymore. It's now well known as hilarious propaganda. I think it used to be on Netflix, but isn't anymore because I tried to watch it the other day for shitsNgiggles but it wasn't there, but I remember watching it on my tv so maybe it was on Amazon Instant Video and I rented it. Idk, but I have been wanting to watch is so badly the last week or so. But still, I will forever pride myself in actually getting my square lawyer to smoke weed; I'm super happy that it actually helped him. Weed is awesome.
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    I wonder if there's a market for the kind of advice @Smith has to offer? You know -- AARP guys going through midlife crisis and trying to rediscover their long-lost youth? Or older guys who missed out on a normal childhood and adolescence in the first place. Advice on how to date teenage girls. @Smith could lead the movement and make a fortune.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Fucking Spicolis. Worse than millenials.
  • SirLapdancealot
    7 years ago
    ^ "Hey, bud, let's party!"
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    The idea that marijuana makes you horny, one TUSCLer having said that it gives you a 'boner you can hang two wet towels on', has been refuted by other marijuana experienced TUSCLers, as more of an illusion.

As I take it, much of a man or woman's sexual limits are just due to what is going on between their ears, their ongoing worldly cares and concerns.

And so the way to deal with this is mindfulness, yoga, sexual yoga like tantra. That brings back your capabilities, while also letting you better examine your life and better deal with on going problems.

Marijuana is a negative, not a positive.

And FWIW, in the organization I am building, there will be no such thing as marijuana or anything else like it.

SJG

New Google Campus, planned for area around San Jose Train Station.
    https://www.curbed.com/2017/12/5/1673812…
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    As usual, SJG knows everything about a subject even though he has no personal experience with it whatsoever. Stick to talking about AMPs or rape, at least you seem to have actual experience with both of those.
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    Too bad you have me on ignore, @Smith. I was essentially a pothead as a teenager until I figured out that I couldn't do my physics homework while stoned. So I quit. In fact, it's just about impossible to accomplish anything that requires any concentration. If I found out my lawyer was a stoner I'd find someone else real fast.

But enjoy your midlife crisis for what is is !!!
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    ^^^^^ I agree 100% with the sentiments expressed by @RandomMember. And I indeed would fire any stoner lawyer or any other kind of stoner in my employment. And regardless of the legality of marijuana.

Chemicals do not increase your self awareness and self development. They cripple it.

SJG

Beyonce, better live than in music videos. Hear her unprocessed real voice, better see what she looks like.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oodecnyz…
  • SirLapdancealot
    7 years ago
    If claiming you smoke weed when you party with a stripper makes you a pothead at your work, then anyone that drinks alcohol at a strip club is an alcoholic at their work.

So many ASSumptions in this thread. I wouldn't want a pothead for a lawyer, but if he smoked herb as a simple recreational drug, no different than drinking alcohol in moderation, I wouldn't have an issue.
  • SirLapdancealot
    7 years ago
    Pro tip: Don't work and don't do your homework while you are high. Keep it for when you are partying.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    In the organization I am building, there will be no one who uses alcohol, marijuana, tobacco, other street drugs, psych meds, or Born Again Christianity or Psychotherapy.

People who use those chemicals are different, even when you could not find it in their blood. It changes them because it changes how their personas develop. It means they are committed to escapism. We will want them fucking and meditating, not escaping.

My group is already invitation only, and the standards for getting in will be just as high as any Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, or Buddhist monastery. Women will be given more time to accept and adjust. Men will be held to high standards from the start.

As far as outsiders, like say an attorney, my goal is to only be working with our groups members.

SJG
  • Lurker_X
    7 years ago
    Marijuana makes me more philosophical. The biggest problem with significsnt insights while high is that you're mentally on a different plane, so to speak, and it can be hard to remember them when back to normal. Sometimes you will draw a conclusion while high and realize that the last time you thought that was... During a prior high... Writing down your thoughts so that you can re-read them in the morning, to "communicate back to your regular self" can be amusing and illuminating.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    In the organization I am building there will be zero marijuana. We want people who are committed to discipline in their consciousness, and who can think at many levels simultaneously, not people who depend on chemical mood alterants.

SJG

https://www.amazon.com/How-Israel-Lost-F…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion