tuscl

Is it really being trolled if it is just an entertaining story?

4got2wipe
In a brilliant place!
Sunday, October 22, 2017 5:54 AM
On this thread https://www.tuscl.net/?page=post&id=5276… shadowcat asked if we were being trolled by gawker. I actually still think that much (all?) or what gawker posts is real, but is it really trolling if all somebody does is post an entertaining but fictional story?

I've always though that trolling is posting things with the intention of eliciting a negative reaction. For example, I have elicited negative reactions from some people who don't like my sense of humor and from some folks that rimjobs are gay. Of course, the folks that claim rimjobs are intrinsically gay never seem to have an answer for why a girl liking a guy's butthole is gay.

But the bigger point is that I can honestly say I've never trolled. I have never written anything thinking "if I talk about rimjobs so-and-so will freak out". I have talked about rimjobs because I like them. And I think gawker is the same way, regardless of whether or not his stories are true, false, or exaggerated. I absolutely do not think gawker is trying to elicit negative reactions.

I'm not asserting that gawker is being wise, assuming that his stories are true. I think the drugs are seriously non-brilliant and his relationship with his ATF is unhealthy in the extreme. But there is no denying that his stories are entertaining!

19 comments

• flagooner
    7 years ago
    Rim jobs are gay.
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    A rim job blow job combo is a magic orgasm
  • 4got2wipe
    7 years ago
    You're a brilliant man juicebox69!
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    I have always accepted gawker's stories as true. I wish he were exaggerating, but I don't think he is.

Trolling, it seems to me, has a negative intent. Trolls want to demean individuals or groups. Gawker has never done this.

Exaggeration is staple of stories, especially humorous stories. Even I--known for my honesty, probity, rectitude, and trustworthiness--even I exaggerate at times.
  • SirLapdancealot
    7 years ago
    @4got2wipe the key issue is proving the intention. It's tough to tell.

For example, hypothetically speaking only, you say you never had the intention of eliciting a negative response from someone, but how do we know that is true? Wouldn't a crafty and smart troll say the same thing about all his trolling so as not to get accused of being one?

Then to further confuse the issue are the oversensitive types that easily get offended an play the "I'm being trolled" card way too much.

And go give juicebox69 a rim job already. He likes it and you obviously like him. Fags!
  • crazyjoe
    7 years ago
    I am shitting at home right now
  • crazyjoe
    7 years ago
    Next I will shit in the park. Someone will think there is huge dogs running around
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    "Exaggeration is staple of stories, especially humorous stories."

Every good story needs a little embellishment. --
    J.R.R. Tolkien via Gandalf
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    I think the op’s definition of trolling is appropriate, as I have thought trolls attempt to elicit a negative reaction. In many cases, I think trolls only intent is to incite others to become annoyed or angry.

Telling a good strip club story isn’t trolling, as it can provide for a good read (regardless of it being fact or fiction).

However, telling a story simply to anger others, could possibly be a form of trolling. It might depend upon the intent of the poster?
  • grand1511
    7 years ago
    I think gawker is putting up with all of his ATF's drama in the hope that she gives him a rimjob.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Rimjobs are nice, unless you mistakenly get one from txtittydumbass/Douchester/Trucidos.
  • Uprightcitizen
    7 years ago
    I actually think Gawker is legit and probably one of the more honest posters here on TUSCL. It takes some stones to post these stories when he knows there are plenty on folks here who thinks he is doing it wrong. He picked his path and seems like a smart guy who knows the risks. Certainly I just must think she is more than a hot piece of ass to him. I like reading about your advetures Gawker, keep em coming!
  • 4got2wipe
    7 years ago
    I agree Uprightcitizen. This thread was not intended to disrespect gawker.

But my bigger point was that I don't think gawker would be trolling us if he was making up crazy stories.

I think some posters use "trolling" to mean either "posting things I don't like" or "posting things that I believe to be false". Neither is trolling. Truth be told I don't think you can prove trolling, because it is linked to intent. But there are some pretty clear cases anyway. Obsessive insults and things that any normal person would know piss the other posters off.

So I think trolling is something like obscenity. You know it when you see it!
  • anonlvone
    7 years ago
    actually i think you have it backwards. the whole point of trolling is that you don't see it. if someone accuses you of trolling, then you've failed as a troll
  • SirLapdancealot
    7 years ago
    ^ I agree 100% @anonlvone. Practice the "art of trolling without trolling" always. I always enjoy and appreciate reading a troll posted in this way. It takes a creative writer to pull it off.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    ^^^^ hmmm anonlove, good theory.

Gawkers life is becoming unraveled, and a lot of it revolves around this one particular stripper he just cannot say no to. He’d be a lot better off if she was out of the picture.

Still I’m sure everything she does is painful yet exhilarating at the same time, which is why he probably continues to let it happen.

I never once thought his stories are untrue. Like jackslash said, we all have probably exaggerated at times and that is likely the same case with some of gawkers stories.

Regardless I can confidently say he is the best story teller on here and there are several really good contributors here so to say he’s the best is saying something.
  • gawker
    7 years ago
    Everything I've posted on this site has a foundation in truth. An occasional exaggeration or a slight change to protect the innocent ( oh, wait. No one in my stories is innocent).
    TRUTH: my therapist says that my actions are self destructive and that my obsession with my ATF is a reflection of that. When I first met with my therapist and told him my story, his reaction was,"Are you fucking nuts?".
  • anonlvone
    7 years ago
    I rest my case. lol
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    Well said Gawker! When your therapist is blown away with your story - I consider it to be an accomplishment!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion