tuscl

Population of actual city you live in? Number of strip clubs within city limits.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
For me it's 15,000 and no strip clubs.

38 comments

• nj_pete
    7 years ago
    2500, no clubs, closes club of any quality is 30 miles away.
  • a21985
    7 years ago
    115,00 people in the city limits and no strip clubs. The metro area of the city however, is 340,000 with one (very low mileage) strip club.

Fortunately, starting just a 30 minute drive away is the arguably the best strip club area for extras in the country.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    65000, and the only strip club in city limits closed 10 years ago but fortunately I have a wealth of clubs within 15 miles of here it doubles as you get further out 25 miles drive there are at least 15 clubs.
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    About 80,000 in my immediate city -- too conservative to have any strip clubs. However about a dozen clubs within a 50 mile radius.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    12,269, no clubs in the city, but in a 50 mile radius, there are dozens of UHM clubs.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    The city I live in is 35-40K without any Strip Clubs.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    around 50,000, probably around 130,000 in the county

usually around 5 clubs although 2 keep opening and closing under new owners.

how many times have I been to any of those clubs in the past decade? twice.

• warhawks
    7 years ago
    Not many people in my town. And no strip clubs. Just regular bars.

But I can get to 8 mile and most of the Detroit clubs in about 30 minutes or so. ;)
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    4 million people in the city I live in and lots of strip clubs around.
  • gawker
    7 years ago
    4000 people and about 3000 horses. No strip clubs but 10+ clubs within a 45 minute drive.
  • Array
    7 years ago
    Population - 459. Strip clubs - 1. Swingers clubs - 1.
  • Warrenboy75
    7 years ago
    30,000--no clubs.....closest clubs I have no interest in setting foot in.

• londonguy
    7 years ago
    Just under nine million. Haven't got a Scooby.
  • Mainster
    7 years ago
    Within the city Phoenix limits, there are 24 clubs, serving a population 1.5 million; however, within the metroplex, there are a total of 33 clubs, and a total headcount of 2.94 million. That count is skewed because I only counted populations in the cities that actually have at least one club. Mesa has half a million people, no clubs. The actual metro population here is more like 4.5 million. So that's like one club for every 136,000 residents. Clearly, Christie's Phoenix had better open up damn soon (under management that gives a crap) and take some of the pressure off some of the other clubs. They have lots of seating.
  • s275ironman
    7 years ago
    City Population: 100,000
    Strip Clubs within the city: 0
    Strip Clubs within a 50 mile radius: dozens
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    Providence has a population of about 179,000. Six clubs within city limits. Two more in nearby towns (because everything is 'nearby' in Rhode Island).
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    6,000 people and no strip clubs. But Detroit is nearby.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Suburb of Miami - population ~225,000 w/ 4 mediocre SCs - Miami-Dade county population 2.7M - the tri-county area that constitutes South FL probably has 50+ SCs
  • anthony6613
    7 years ago
    Zero. 10000 population. 15 minutes away are Penthouse, Trumps, and Ace of Spades. Plenty of extras and otc action. Love Detroit clubs.
  • Gilligan
    7 years ago
    Portland, Oregon. Population of around 620,000. There are 50 strip clubs in the city and a few more in the suburbs outside the city limits. Some people say that Portland is the strip club capital of America. I don't know if that is true but we do have a shit ton of strip clubs.
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    Not sure about city size but about 250,000 within 25 miles and no strip clubs until you drive about an hour.
    Where I lived in NC at one time, less than 50,000 people within 25 miles and 2 or 3 decent strip clubs, a lot more if you drove an hour.

I don't know if local officials or the religious are keeping strip clubs out of my local area or what the deal is. Of course South Carolina seems to be losing clubs even in the bigger cities.
  • DandyDan
    7 years ago
    27,000 population with no strip clubs within 30 miles. I have no idea where the closest strip club with extras is.
  • Dolfan
    7 years ago
    My city proper, is about 60,000 with zero clubs in city limits. Like twentyfive said, there's half a dozen or more within 15 minutes double that if you goto 30, and maybe double again if you jump to an hour.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    my town 10,000 with no strip clubs. my metro area 17,000,000. 150 strip clubs.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    I don't really know, but the ratio is not that good. No mileage places except in San Francisco. And those are not that many, considering the collective population of the entire Bay Area. As said before, there seems to be some barrier to opening new clubs. We don't have these road side shit holes that are so much loved in other places. Adult Entertainment ordinances, totally unconstitutional, are probably the reason.

Atlanta seems to be high per capita, and they say Portland is the highest. Having been decades ago to Portland I was taken with how many bars have been adjusted to also be strip clubs. Maybe like 5 or so per block in some areas.

One factor is the decoupling of the alcohol rules from the skin level, and probably no special extra permit required for dancers.

So though I oppose alcohol and would prefer that clubs not have it. I know that that makes it harder on club owners. Some custies expect it, and it is also another way for the club to make money. So I notice that in places with lots of clubs, like Portland, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, and Florida, I think there are not skin level restrictions connected with alcohol. So then with more clubs there is more competition.

LA has lots of clubs, I still don't know how that rates per capita though.

All of the local ordinances, always unconstitutional, are what destroy the industry in place after place. The prostitution law is extremely hard to enforce. By itself there are always ways for people to do what they want and avoid problems.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Oakland had had 4 TUSCL clubs, then just 3, no zero. JS69 found a newspaper article saying that they had outlawed them. Again, just as unconstitutional as the laws Melvin Beli got over turned.

Probably these clubs were little more than hooker bars with a stage added. The hooker bars probably do still exist. If one started asking questions, just like looking for our Mexican bar underground, they could probably find them.

SJG
  • JamesSD
    7 years ago
    Technically my city is 50k with no clubs.

BUT I can drive 10 minutes and be in a city with 1.4m people and about a dozen clubs.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    ^^^^^^ And that 10 minutes takes you to what looks like the heavenly paradise on earth.

SJG
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    for me that paradise on earth is a two hour drive if traffic is light.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    From looking at all of the comments it appears that most of us don't eat where we shit. :)
  • Warrenboy75
    7 years ago
    Nope----I make a point of it........
  • a21985
    7 years ago
    I was noticing that as well, shadow. If my memories of where certain people are from is at all accurate, looks like there is a decent amount of SE Michigan folk who live in the Burbs all the same amount of time away from all the wonderful clubs. It's kinda nice to have all the clubs centrally located nearby, but distinctly separate from where we all actually want to live.

Another interesting survey is if anyone would even be willing to shit where they sleep if there was a club in town. I personally would not for a myriad of reasons.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    I have about 5 clubs within a 7 minute drive (under 4 miles). I like the convenience though I don't go to very often.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    my goal is to live no more than a ten minute walk from heaven on earth.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    ^^^^^^ There are some guys who actually live on the other side of the border.

We should extend the S.D. Blue Trolley so that it stops right underneath the Cascadas Hotel.

You ever try the other Mexican border towns?

SJG

Karlie Kloss
    http://people.com/style/karlie-kloss-ins…

Church of Satan
    http://reverendcampbell.com/images/ritua…

http://www.churchofsatan.com/images/pete…

Ariel Winter
    https://www.yahoo.com/style/ariel-winter…

• Club_Goer_Seattle
    7 years ago
    Best nearby example:
    Seattle: 600,000 pop. 10 strip clubs (listed on TUSCL), though two are now closed.

Suburb where I live:
    100,000 pop. Presently no clubs, but may have had as many as three in the past, with two of them open at the same time. Maybe all three. (Four other suburbs only have 1 each.)

Portland may be the national winner: 583,776 pop. 50 clubs (per TUSCL)
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    I think the problem is zoning. If a city has an ordinance that no home, school, or church can be within 1000 ft of a SC, that presents a "problem" to realtors and real estate developers. So then the developer does to city hall with-a-bee-in-his-or-her-bonnet on fake moral crusade. Which usually means, lean pressure on the club to close it (due to market forces or zoning violation. Now the developer is free to expand. *dusts of hands* problem *fixed*.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    A few years ago the county that I live in realized that they had no zoning regulations in place for adult businesses. Strip clubs, novelty stores, etc. So they established 5 areas within the county where such businesses could be located. Don't think I'll ever see one.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion