tuscl

Are you stealthing?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
A new study documents the rise of a particularly disturbing sex trend called "stealthing," or when a man removes a condom during sex without his partner's consent. The Huffington Post reports that this study, conducted by Alexandra Brodsky for the Columbia Journal of Gender and Law, contains interviews with victims of this method, as well as a investigation into the corners of the internet that encourage men to do this to their partners.
Brodsky explained to The HuffPost that she began the study after realizing that several of her friends were "struggling with forms of mistreatment by sexual partners." The victims in her research all felt violated after having been "stealthed," but many were unsure of how to report such behavior, or if it constituted as rape. One particular victim in her study described being "stealthed" as "rape-adjacent."
Incidentally, a man in Switzerland was convicted of rape earlier this year for removing his condom mid-intercourse without the consent of his partner. Dr. Sinead Ring of the University of Kent explained to Broadly that this type of act violates "conditional consent," meaning: just because someone consents to sex with a condom does not mean they are consenting to sex without a condom. It is so important to know that consent is not a one-time transaction; enthusiastic consent should be clear throughout every step of a sexual encounter.
What's even more disturbing is the fact that "stealthing" is widely discussed online in some internet circles, and, as Brodsky learned through her research, some men actually encourage one another to practice this behavior. According to the study, there are men who believe they are entitled to "spreading their seed," and see "stealthing" as a tactic that is within their rights. Brodsky notes that there are message boards online where men give one another "tips" for removing condoms during sex without their partner's knowledge. "Proponents of ‘stealthing’ root their support in an ideology of male supremacy in which violence is a man’s natural right," she added.
Brodsky explained that she hopes to provide people with the tools they need to talk about sexual violence more openly, and to seek help when they need it. She explained: "One of my goals with the article, and in proposing a new statute, is to provide a vocabulary and create ways for people to talk about what is a really common experience that just is too often dismissed as just 'bad sex' instead of 'violence.'" The bottom line is that you should never be forced to do something that makes you uncomfortable, and no one should ever make you feel as though you don't have agency or control of your own body.

19 comments

• flagooner
    7 years ago
    That's just not right.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I can understand horny pervs doing this but yeah it's a douche move.

I wonder if they can invent a dependable condom that just covers the head of the penis instead of fhe entire penis that way there would be splooge protection but also some feeling up and and down the rest of the penis
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    You know though, this is only being applied to visible forms of contraception. How about misrepresentation about non-visible forms of contraception?

https://www.verywell.com/how-do-you-inte…

What about female oopsing?

SJG
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    terrible, terrible thing to do

have some self-control people
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    Why would I want to knock up some crazy stripper?
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    You would have to be one major league douchebag to take a chance on paying child support for 23 years, just to go bareback.
  • londonguy
    7 years ago
    ^ not to mention the transmission of STD's
  • Tiredtraveler
    7 years ago
    That is just WRONG. If you and you partner agree to wear a condom then you wear a condom PERIOD.
    The decision to wear protection is a mutual verbal contract and to remove it without discussion is a breach of that contract and trust. Cut the fuck wad's junk off so he has to pee through a catheter.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    That's equally horrible and moronic.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    That's as bad as penetrating her while she is asleep.
  • BrotherFogHorn
    7 years ago
    I never use condoms. I get protection from the lawrd! Praise be to the LAWRD
  • ATACdawg
    7 years ago
    A guy would have to be a real prick to do something like that.

Pun not intentional, but apt nonetheless. :-(
  • AnonymousJim
    7 years ago
    This "I have the right to treat another human shitty because ___________" (I'm a man and I'm entitled to, in this case) idea has to stop.

Has empathy completely disappeared for some? Are this many people living in a "Give me mine, fuck you" world now?

I think of the lengths I go to in order to try and get dancer respect. Tip well. Smell nice. Dress nice. Make it clear that I'm horny and a rule-pusher, but I'm fun and supportive. Then idiots go around and do this stuff and make it more difficult for the rest of us. Drives me batty.
  • 4got2wipe
    7 years ago
    Not brilliant.

Seriously not brilliant!
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    I wouldn't waste the condom. I just wouldn't use one to start with. BTW I'm snipped which I have found makes a HUGE difference. When most of my partners find out, they overwhelmingly will let me fuck them BB. If there's a condom in use, it's up to me. Even sex workers let me go BB if I want most of the time...
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    I was just thinking: I can see a rape charge if she says a condom is necessary and you slip it off, but what if you go BB with a promise not to cum inside, but then you do. Is that rape?
  • ime
    7 years ago
    Sex workers love cheap trick cover bands that us why you get to go bareback, you lucky dog.
  • goldmongerATL
    7 years ago
    At first I thought the thread was about watching another guy's lap dance :-)

I bet if caught these assholes pull out the old "it must have fell off" excuse.
  • goldmongerATL
    7 years ago
    At first I thought the thread was about watching another guy's lap dance :-)

I bet if caught these assholes pull out the old "it must have fell off" excuse.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion