tuscl

Girls and technology...

Corvus
Arizona
Ran into something I'd never heard before last week. It's probably complete bullshit but wonder if any of you have anything to add?

Met a girl online and we set up a date. We had been texting often for a few days and especially the afternoon leading up to our date. She asks for an extra hour to get ready which I fucking hate. OK, we can delay an hour I tell her. H-hour approaches and nothing. No response, nothing. It's like texting no longer works. Pissed off I find something else to do, namely eat dinner by myself and hit up a strip club.

A few days go by and we reconnect via text. She says "I was locked out of my phone for a few days". WTF is that? I've never heard of this and wonder if it truly is BS or not? Anyone here have any insight on "being locked out of a phone". Kind of an odd time for a phone failure.

12 comments

• gammanu95
    8 years ago
    Yeah, it happened to my wife. After the delay, though, it does sound kind of suspicious. You got to go with your gut. Did she seem sincerely apologetic? Stuff like that. But it is actually plausible.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    8 years ago
    It's certainly possible. But that doesn't mean it's not bullshit on her part.
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    If she's not a stripper, she still knows how to make a stripper excuse.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    Even if that happened she could find another way to communicate. When I was without a phone for a few days reently, I used a friends phone and an app on my iPad to communicate. And not knowing your number is no excuse. I went to my phone bill on line to find frequently called numbers.

Maybe she's a stripper. She certainly knows stripper shit.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    The answer to all you seek is in this question:

What site did you meet this girl on? If it was a legit site (match.com / Tinder) it could be a legit issue. If it was a sugar daddy site then more likely a case of SS. Stripper shit / sugar baby shit (pretty much same thing).

• flagooner
    8 years ago
    Caveat: I'm assuming this is for a potential civvie relationship.

It wouldn't matter to me if it was true or not.

If it's BS, I'd let her go because I wouldn't want to put up with that on a first date, a blind date at that.

If it's true I'd have a hard time not thinking of her as an idiot and thus would not want to pursue her as a civvie relationship

You have nothing invested and there are a lot of other desperate ladies out there on those sites.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    A civvy des.erves the benefit of the doubt, but if it becomes a pattern then drop it like a bad habit
  • Longball300
    8 years ago
    The only time I ran into something similar is when the dancer was being provided a phone by another dude. He certainly had the ability to shut down the line for a period of time or completely of course. That could have been the case and she just didn't want to tell you.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    I thought about this and I will tell you a story which may help show this girls excuse was legit.

I was traveling to a town far from where I live to meet a girl I met online for a date. We had planned this date for a month and getting along so well over the phone I think we both thought the chances of having sex were pretty high. I drive all the way to her, check into a hotel and we were to meet at a restaurant. We talk the entire way on the phone for my drive. Road construction put me 2 hours behind so I race into my hotel get cleaned up and hop in my car to meet her. No response at all. I'm flipping out and finally after about 1 hour she calls apologetic, she was at a neighbors party and she just lost track of time. She thought she was there for 15 minutes and it really was an hour. Everyone kept feeding her shots so she was too tipsy to drive to meet me. She cautiously gave me her address and asked that I pick her up. It worked out well, she was hot when I met her face to face she gave me a log kiss on the lips within the first 30 seconds of meeting, we had a great night out and ended up fucking all night. I still see her to this day and she truly was sorry for her mistake.

It may work out for the best. Never know until you take the steps to find out.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    SO while she was getting ready the extra hour she turned off her phone and forgot her password? I'd just cut her off.
  • Bobbuk
    8 years ago
    Sounds BS to me. I thought the only way to get back in after being locked out was a hard reset, everything would have been lost (unless backed up) and wouldn't have taken long to resolve - definitely not a few days! I suspect she has a fella/someone controlling her time or her friends taking her partying, which she preferred rather than being with you.

"Your first instinct is usually right"
    "Never ignore your first instinct just because it isn't what you want to believe"
  • Dolfan
    8 years ago
    Sounds like bullshit to me. But, I do know a few irresponsible non-strippers who get "locked out" because they fail to pay their bill. I'm not sure exactly how it works, if they can receive but not send txts or if they get my txts after paying or what. But I do know they just go dark, seemingly at the oddest times, including mid conversation, then I'll see them in person or they'll txt back explaining that they were locked out.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion