tuscl

First I hear of this

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Have any of you ever seen a live band in a strip-club?

From a recent review of Chicas in Phoenix:

"... Not what I expected at all. I wasnt expecting the incredibly loud spanish rock band to take over this place and keep me from having a traditional strip club experience on a weeknight but unfortunatley thats what happened on my first trip to this spot. Cover was 10 no drink minimum. The setup inside looks like it could pass for a neighborhood bar/restaurant minus the swinging 1800's style western doors on the vip section to the left past the pool tables. The booths on the back wall near the right is just a bench to fit two people with high side walls but thats the most common place for standard lap dances. There about half dozen tables with chairs to seat four like you would expect at a bar/restaurant and then the raised stage in the middle. Behind the stage was a mexican band with matching uniforms brass instruments drums and loud mariachi ish music. You can pay for this group by the hour and there was a vip section that these guys were singing to. You could tell the girls dancing for the night were annoyed and wanted to go home because no one was really getting dances while this group was on stage. Just a weird vibe. The girls were mostly hispanic and black with a few white girls. If I'm ever on this part of town on a random night I would give it a chance again but that the band kinda of made it a weird night. I did end up getting a few dances nothing but all the girls were pulled on stage for birthday guy that paid for the band and then the girl dissapeared for a little bit ..."

20 comments

• JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    In some erban clubs in Atlanta rappers will rap on stage or give the DJ their mix tape to be played

But no...I've never seen a live band in a strip club...at least not yet
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Juice - have you ever gotten on stage to rap?
  • Dolfan
    8 years ago
    There's a strip club in Islamorada that had a live band at one point. I haven't been there in several years, but it was pretty weird. The dances were air and the girls were ugly, so I guess they were trying anything.
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    Long ago in the great Jason's Strip Club (Windsor, Canada) they would sometimes have a comedian perform. During the comic set, no girls danced. As a dedicated perv, I only wanted to see hot French-Canadian snatch being waved in front of my nose. I did not want to listen to jokes.

However, some of the comedians were not bad. I remember one who was an insult comic, and he roasted audience members. Some of the guys tried to insult him back, but that did not go well for them. When the comic got around to me, I just laughed at the insults. I knew I could best him.
  • K
    8 years ago
    Club 516 in NJ has them often. I find it more annoying than entertaining
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Papi The Club Vixens in Davie has a David Allen Coe scheduled to perform in October and I Believe Monroes in West Palm Beach has had a few rock bands perform. Not sure who David Allen Coe is but the club website has him listed as an upcoming concert and I had heard the name before just didn't know who he was.
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    8 years ago
    Many of the black strip clubs often have both amateur and well known rappers perform on stage but I've never actually seen a live band in a strip club before.
  • rh48hr
    8 years ago
    Read the same review and thought that was interesting. That club plays Mexican music a lot anyway but I've never seen a band there before.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I was thinking the band may have been hired by the birthday-boy and he paid the club to let them play there for his bday?
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    It used to be quite common in most Mexican strip clubs but that was a looooong time ago.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    I have seen it at a few smaller clubs. I think they do it as a promo to try to drive in the "non strip club" enthusiast.

One club took it a step further and offered patrons to do Karaoke while the band played and the strippers dances. I never went, but my thought was "good god the strippers are so bad they need a band, and the band is so bad they need to pull customers out of the audience to sing, kinda to mask their shitty playing skills?" Where is Rockstar's band when you need 'em?

• Jascoi
    8 years ago
    i've seen live bands in the vip room in adelitas and also las chaveles showroom next to hong kong. different fer sure.
  • Clubber
    8 years ago
    Papi,

Sure and you'v been to one of the clubs. Woody's in Islamorada in the Keys had one for years, Big Dick And The Extenders.

They also played for a short time in the club that is Extacy now.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Papi only in one of them drunk hold my beer moment of Glory
  • dallas702
    8 years ago
    Strippers, live band, Mexican theme - - - Wasn't there a movie about that?

I seem to remember Vampires too. Look out Phoenix, this will not end well.
  • DandyDan
    8 years ago
    I remember a visit to a club years ago where the waitress could sing and she would sing a song between stage sets. It was definitely weird,

One thing I do remember is that when the Royal Grove in Lincoln, Nebraska existed as a strip club, they would not have strippers some days and then it would be the local rock concert venue. Some nationally renowned musical groups played there, but they wouldn't have concerts and strippers all at once, or possibly even on the same day.
  • Longball300
    8 years ago
    With JS on this one. Saw it a few times when the Million Dollar Saloon was open in Windsor. Turned into a big party with the dancers and college kids stopping in. Boobs a flashing everywhere.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    I've never had a strip club gig, but I wish I did!
  • Corvus
    8 years ago
    Maybe the DJ was out sick?

Maybe the band wanted lap dances and couldn't afford them, so working off the bill?
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    A topless all girl band would be cool, and if they had a tip jar would make more in one night than I make in a year!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion