It only seems that cash is only good for the now or short term future

Food, shelter, sex and other pleasures

Buying gadgets and transportation and repairing these devices

Devices and machines that make our lives easy but technically is not needed

That's my two pennies

35 comments

• FTS
    8 years ago
    for me it's lost quite a bit of value recently. I used to have aspirations of becoming a millionaire, but now it's kinda like, well, I'm gonna end up in a grave like everybody else anyway, would it be worth the sacrifices to get that much money? Probably not. Sure, it would be nice if it came easily.... but it doesn't look like I'm that lucky.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    My experience and thoughts as well
  • ime
    8 years ago
    in the organization I am building no one will need money, we will invest in our own talents, and will have a harem of women to drain us all dry every day
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Money = Freedom
  • ime
    8 years ago
    ^^only after you have it, not while you try to make it for most people.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Ime lol
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Twenty-five once again not really

Money equals being owned, slavery, controlled that is if you don't have it and try to obtain it..wealth is fleeting by design by those that have it

The true owners are the freeist but even they can be manipulated slash controlled by this

True freedom is going off grid
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
  • FTS
    8 years ago
    Ya know, what ime describes is, as I understand, how the native Americans lived. They hunted, drank, partied, and fucked all night, without worrying about debt, taxes, returns, etc. sure, they didn't have big houses and dish washers and televisions and nice clothes... But if all you care about is eating and fucking, do you need the TV?
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    LMFAO
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    And the plague nearly knocked them out. Average lifespan was really low for natives. They lived fast and died quickly.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    I have a different take on this and it goes a little bit like this, if you are able and fortunate enough to work and do a job that you like, do it to the best of your ability, money becomes a byproduct of what you are doing. Now I have said this before and I believe it is worth repeating especially for the younger posters here. money is not, nor ever will be the goal, it is a tool that can be used well or poorly, I'm not going to tell you which is right or wrong but I will tell you I have been poor and I was unable to help anybody I cared about as a poor person, so I will explain to you only that I get great satisfaction from being in a position to help those that I care about. I do this freely with no strings attached. If going off the grid makes you satisfied, god bless, it does nothing for me as I am very connected to many people that I enjoy being with, and as such, no judgement from me I believe in your right to do as you see fit as long as it does not harm me in any way. My three cents for whatever its worth
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    I would love to go back to that simple way of life
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Twenty-five very well said sure and I do agree with you

Their was a reason I came back on grid

The idea of money being a by product of doing something you love or at least enjoy to do and are good at it is y I play poker

Being able to financial help my loved ones and community is y I even hold a job
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Meat we all got to die some day

Living fast and dying hard might be the correct path to happiness

Just remember at the end of a chess game the king and the pawn go back into the same box
  • ricktheturtle
    8 years ago
    We ricks are very frugal. If any of us can refine the system to save additional money we share the information. Aah...yup

If it wasn't for that Dougster troll we would have shared more of that valuable information with our fellow TUSCLers. But sharing with that troll was pointless. Aah...yup
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    "Just remember at the end of a chess game the king and the pawn go back into the same box"
    =================================
    Love that expression, almost like poetry. Wonder who that's attributed to?
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    I got it from the move new dawn about the video game of halo
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Notice that it's the Queen that protects the King
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    Why are houses getting bigger but family size is getting smaller?
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    I'd rather look at it as you can either work for money, or have your money work for you. Soon enough comes the day when you get tired of working for da mane.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Freedom!
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Free Willy
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Freedom and security, and all the sex anyone could handle, will come when we make some alternative social structures.

Right now what money gets used for is:

1. Impressing the opposite sex

then having done that:

2. Keeping up with the Joneses.

Both completely wasteful, passive conformity, counter productive. We can do better!

SJG

King Crimson - Live in Hyde Park (1969) - Complete Performance
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiA_q-Kf…
  • chukko
    8 years ago
    Money is only valuable if it buys you time or more money. Of course time is more valuable, because it buys you the intangle things in life that we value such as quality time with our kids or with a smoking hott woman. That's quality time.
  • Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    I'll be honest. Money buys me less time at work. It's an odd thing to say - but I find that I'm not as concerned with the next paycheck or working longer hours for more money. So maybe that goes back to twentyfive's post about freedom?

With respect to bigger houses and smaller families - I think the families are smaller - but they end up buying more and more stuff. That's also why families have bigger houses - smaller family sizes - and yet they also rent self storage space too! The line from Fight Club seems appropriate - "The things you own - end up owning you."
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    Article for Cashman:

http://www.vox.com/2016/6/9/11877178/tim…

"Study: people who value time over money are happier"

"It's not that people who have more money are happier and have more freedom to say they'd want more time. It's much more subtle than that. "What matters is the value people place on each resource," the authors write. "Beyond the amount of these resources people have, happiness is linked to the resource people want.""
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Bingo^
  • Tiburon
    8 years ago
    Money to me means freedom to do WHATEVER the fuck I wanna do (mostly legal....MOSTLY). Never have to worry about food, clothing or shelter and I can do things where money isn't required....like drawing and building a car.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    Money means freedom to retire and or do what I want to do instead of slaving away at a job where I'm told what I must do. Money means I have the means to go buy what I want. Not having enough means you are like a slave pleasing others for scraps of what they toss your way. Then if visit strip clubs where a dancer acts snotty that you didn't buy her a ten dollar drink or you didn't tip her extra, then you understand they only care about getting your money.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    www.vox.com/2016/6/9/11877178/time-money…

Makes perfect sense, as people who protect their time have decided to take things slower and not to worry too much about future things they have little influence over.

I used to let myself get wound up in things for years at a time. But now, though I do have ongoing projects, I maintain order in my personal life and keep things very simple.

SJG
  • FTS
    8 years ago
    This discussion is very pertinent to a book I'm reading now, I'm sure many of you have heard of it; Stephen Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Especially SJG's last comment. If you don't have control or influence over something, just don't worry about it.
  • Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    RandomMember - that's a good insight. I was answering juices question of what does money mean to you. I never said I valued money more than time. You may have misunderstood my post - as money and possessions don't mean much to me.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    I don't need money to shit at McD's
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    Money means front room GFE without ejaculation services. It's at that point where the girl loses all control and wants to go OTC with you prefer ing to be your girlfriend or even get married. I once talked about this regarding Donna with the purple dress.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion