tuscl

Poll - Whatever happed to Dougster?

TheeOSU
FUCK IT!
I don't recall interacting with him much but I do recall he was at times a polarizing figure here. Some hated him, some loved him. He hasn't posted since November, half a year. The question today is, whatever happened to Dougster?

Poll "choose one option only"

1. He has entered the great hereafter joining other passed TUSCL members.
2. His wife caught him posting here and cut him off until he promised to quit posting.
3. His mom caught him posting here and confiscated his online access toys.
4. He's posting under another account that he was often accused of having.
5. He found religion and has repented.
6. I'm Dougster!
7. You're Dougster!
8. Something else, "specify"

Disclaimer: There is no correct answer.

38 comments

• RandomMember
    8 years ago
    He could be interesting when he wasn't trolling Dugan. The financial markets were in turmoil about the time he left; maybe that played a factor. Or maybe he came to the realization that TUSCL is a just big waste of time.
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    His last post was November 22, right around Thanksgiving. Maybe he became Rick's revenge Thanksgiving dinner?
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    I used to PM with Dougster. He did not reply to my last PM sometime in 2015.

He had moved to NYC and seemed to be doing well. I hope he has become successful and has a girlfriend--who won't let him waste his time on TUSCL.
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    Jack, I never had a problem with him so I wish him well but it seemed to me that he enjoyed posting here too much to just go cold turkey. "There's that Thanksgiving reference again"
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    He's here. He just doesn't want to sully the good name of Dougster
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    8. I say trolling another board.

I was indifferent to him. Trolling Rick was funny at times but sometimes he seemed to get a little too obverse waive about it.
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    Part of me thinks someone made him quit one way or another.

Another part thinks he finished school got a job and didn't have time to troll an internet forum 24 hrs a day.

I'm still positive that 95 percent of his claims were bullshit.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    He got blown away when he pulled someones finger at McD's
  • likes2look
    8 years ago
    8 - Rick Dugan finally extracted his revenge
  • londonguy
    8 years ago
    mikey is right, he's here but using aliases. I've noticed similarities in writing techniques.
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    I heard he got into a tragic accident that involved using his vacuum cleaner as a masturbation toy. They couldn't re-attach it, so they fashioned a new one from his thumb
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I think he embezzled millions and is on the run somewhere. There will be a news story one day soon about some Wall Street guy who stole a fortune through some electronic scheme and then blew it all on striopers. That'll be Dougster.

Or the other option is he dropped dead from a heart attack. Seems unlikely that such a regular poster would totally disappear unless he was dead or LE was after him.

• motorhead
    8 years ago
    I agree with JS. I've looked at his posts from his last day. Nothing to indicate whatsoever that anything was wrong. I think New York City swallowed him up.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    Jack,

You're the only person that ever admitted to PM him. That fascinates me.

He always left me alone. I'm not sure why.
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    Dougster was intelligent and interesting. He would comment on things I said without attacking me. I don't know why he obsessively trolled some people, and I can understand why those people disliked him. I for one hope his silence does not indicate that something bad has happened to him.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    Dougster was a bully. He picked on weak people who couldn't effectively fight back. But I liked him. And Rick deserves a bully.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    I still don't know if he's posting under rickthezoo characters or if it's juice. Rickthelion did appear shortly before or after(can't remember) dougster's dissaperance.
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    I know that several TUSCLers think that Rickthelion is Dougster. But I don't see it. Rickthelion is playful in his trolling, while Dougster was always deadly serious.
  • 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    "He got blown away when he pulled someones finger at McD's"

Brilliant!

"I heard he got into a tragic accident that involved using his vacuum cleaner as a masturbation toy. They couldn't re-attach it, so they fashioned a new one from his thumb"

Double brilliant!
  • 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    Joking aside, I think it is option 1.
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    3. He is the real SJGay!
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    Jail didn't occur to me as an option but yes it's a viable one.
  • warhawks
    8 years ago

When China's economy went to shit, he was in a long position when he should have been in a short position.

Either that, or he lost his ass on frozen concentrated orange juice futures.
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    " Dougster was a bully. He picked on weak people who couldn't effectively fight back."
    -------------------------------------------------
    Exactly! He even went so far as to pick on this guy who drinks gravy and lives.....
    ...oh wait a minute.
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    @Motorhead what made you think he moved to NYC?
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Who knows when he'll resurface. When he does, he does.
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    Who?
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    The answer is simple. He picked a fight with the wrong person - me. He stopped contributing here days later, I embarrassed the poor man.

https://www.tuscl.net/postread.php?PID=3…

https://www.tuscl.net/postread.php?PID=3…
  • mrrock
    8 years ago
    I'm going with 1. He posted TOO much to go cold turkey!
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Maybe he just got bored with it or maybe he is still here using a new handle there are a few here that are doing that that I absolutely know about.
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    I'm leaning towards #1, he liked posting here and seemed to relish his Snidley Whiplash persona too much to just change or stop posting.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    Estafador,

I could be wrong, but I thought he mentioned moving to New York in one discussion. His last Seattle area review was in 2014 and later a bunch of NYC reviews popped up.

He really did seem to be knowledgeable about finance -- could have been BS - but I assumed he moved to NYC to work in finance.

But I could be wrong
  • minnow
    8 years ago
    I'm going with Nina psyching Dougster out. I'm also with rick dugan in that his reviews have the look of a $3 bill. Given his compulsive obsession with trolling rick dugan, and incessant "lol" bumping of his own threads, I'm not very sanguine about his post tuscl fate.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    I sent some pm's mainly about finance and stocks back and forth with him. He knew the topic well. I thought he was alright. He just enjoyed bumping the same topics over and over again. I guess not much to do. I do miss the arguments he had with Alucard. I thought those were amusing. I have better things to do than troll this board or keep bumping silly threads but if someone else got a kick out of it, I wasn't going to say much.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    My last pm with Dougster was back in August though.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Most regular posters that disappear do so out of the blue - some make an appearance months or a year later.

w.r.t. Dougster could have been anything:

+ figured he wanted to stop wasting his time on TUSCL?

+ had something serious that required his full attention - family situation (health of a loved-one); health issues w/ himself; work/financial issues?

Or something unfortunate could have happened but hopefully that's not the case.

I doubt he would be posting as an alias and it not be super-obvious since his posting style was very unique - plus he was very upfront and straight-forward; i.e. not the type to sneak around using an alias to post what was on his mind.

w.r.t. whom he attacked and whom he didn't - I think he would go after anyone that would say something negative about him or his comments or anyone that was too boastful of their PL accomplishments; o/w he wouldn't go after people just b/c, IMO.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    ^lol. No.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion