tuscl

OT: KFC Buffet

rickdugan
Verified and Certifiable Super-Reviewer
OK, so I have to admit that the buffet at my local KFC is a guilty pleasure of mine. I don't go often, for a number of reasons, but when I do I do some damage. In fact, I just hit one for dinner tonight after skipping lunch today and I must have eaten a whole chicken, along with sides of course. I am in a Walmart shitting it out as I type. All I need is a van now and bad ebonics. ;)

32 comments

• Lone_Wolf
    9 years ago
    lol. Hey, KFC's has gotten much better over the last decade.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    I like fast food hamburger places, like Carl's Jr. Their food is FANTASTIC!

Jack in the Box used to be shit, un-eatable, but today it is actually pretty good.

And I love Taco Bell.

When I'm ready to start my traveling, I will want a Van Conversion / small motorhome. It will be transportation and living for stints at a time. For shaggin' it will be either that or motels.

Rarely though would I cook in the small motorhome. Either fast food, or I'll go to Denny's type places so that I can hit on their waitresses.

Don't get me wrong, I don't plan to live in a motor vehicle really. But I do plan to be making lots of trips. Maybe 50% of the time on the road. Maybe 50% of that road time sleeping in the motor home versus motels.

Motels will be for when I have female company. But I will be trying to redirect that company to the motorhome once they know me better and when I am sure I have a good enough place to park.

By myself I can camp and be very stealthy. But women usually are not good at this. They don't have the requisite discipline.

Not sure how many strip clubs would actually let me use it as my own VIP room in their parking lots. But I do plan to find out.

At some later point in my life I would like to have big motorhomes, but when going around and about everywhere and doing stealth camping, the small one will be better.

These travels will be to expand a business. One of the reasons I won't mind it is cell phones and computers being so good now. I can do what I need to, anywhere. And I think with a hands free cell phone I can conduct lengthy conversations while driving.

I want diesel. I like the entire concept. To me gasoline, requiring throttling by both air and fuel, and then single point spark ignition and rich idle mixtures, seems silly.

Restaurant food usually is not the most healthy. But I don't see this as important unless you eat it all the time. If you do that, oh well, better be getting lots of exercise. Generally I do get this.

SJG

Have You Seen the Saucers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBiMWTzC…
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    @Lone_Wolf, I disagree. IMO, it's gotten *worse*. Every time I've eaten at KFC for the last 10 years, I've regretted it after the first couple of bites. It's possible that it suffers in comparison to Popeye's, which, again IMO is far superior.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    I thought KFC was a laxative any time I ate there I had to run across the street to Mickey Ds to take a shit.
  • RandomMember
    9 years ago
    ... a cornucopia of saturated fat and salt.
  • Bigtallbonerboy
    9 years ago
    Didn't you have mutual masturbation with a tranny Rick? Via greasing up a bouncer or some shit ?
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    1. Understand, I make the mistake and twice a year go into a CiCis Pizza and immediately regret my desiccant before I finish my first slice of pizza.

2. BTW KFC ain't got nothin' on Popeyes
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    Never had Popeye's or CiCi's hope never to.
  • Bigtallbonerboy
    9 years ago
    I prefer not shitting blood. I eat prime steaks on the reg bitches.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Never heard of KFC having a buffet.

And yeah - the quality of KFC is shit these days. Off the top of my head about the only fast-food i kinda like these days is Chipotle and Chick-Fil-A
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Some KFCs do have buffets although I only see it in rural areas (not urban).

Amazingly there are still parts of the country where 1 stop light towns only fast food is a KFC and maybe a subway.

It's hard not to get suckered into this shitty fast food now and then. Constant commercials on tv - I get my Sunday newspaper and it's bombarded with coupons to Wendy's, McDonald's, Burger King, etc etc and I look at them and think "damn that looks good, but I bet it tastes like shit," then forget about it. 2 months down the road I'm traveling in the middle of nowhere and it's 7pm and I haven't eaten since 9am, and I say "fuck it" and pull into a Burger King as my only other choices were a Taco Bell or an Arby's. After I'm done eating I imagine myself as a belemic while walking to my car.
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    I've never seen a KFC buffet. This is interesting. As for chicken, yes, I prefer Popeyes as well. That shit is the bomb. Number_1 though, for me, is a local joint called Hot Sauce Williams. But that is old fashioned pit master level cooking.
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    The local chicken joints in any hood are usually better than Popeye's or KFC.
  • gawker
    9 years ago
    My CF likes the spicy nuggets at Wendy's. I bought her 3 6 nugget orders and she blew me. Let's hear it for spicy.
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    Does a nugget hoe rank above or below a crack hoe?
  • Bigtallbonerboy
    9 years ago
    You guys are fucking disgusting eating your fried scum in a bucket.
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    Apparently the KFC Buffet System is to skip lunch.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Here is a short video of the KFC buffet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5trpQ3rk…

I cannot stand the taste of any of the fast food places any more. The closest I get now is The Waffle House.
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    I remember when I was able to eat fast food.... ah those mcdonald burgers were the best. Darn my allergies forcing me to end my relationship with fast food. I want some nasty ass KFC as well
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    I love a good old KFC Buffet
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    I didn't want any one to know that I eat at fast food joints, but I ran into one of my wife's friends at McDonalds the other day. She said, "What are you doing here?"

I said, "I'm just here to meet a hooker. Yeah, he should be here by now!"
  • Phoenix133
    9 years ago
    I hate kfc and really am not a fan of any fast food place :( there pretty gross.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    Hey Meat I heard that same joke befor only it was about Walmart but still funny.
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    Good one, Meat72!
    Once I discovered Popeye's several years ago, I never went to KFC again. Even better is Bojangle's, from Maryland to Kentucky to Florida: www.bojangles.com
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    +1 for independent chicken joints in the hood. Those are the best. :thumbsup:
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    @MrDeuce: I too thought that I like Bojangles better than Popeye's, but on my recent trip to Atlanta, I stopped there, and it appears to have changed a little from 30 years ago when I was in NC. IMO, Popeye's edges out Bojangles in the chicken department, but Bojangles does some of the sides better. Overall, I think it's a wash.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    “… +1 for independent chicken joints in the hood …”

I recall when I lived and SCed in Dallas I would OTC hang w/ an AA dancer that used to drive-down from OKC and she once took me to a soul-food place in da hood (Sweet Georgia Brown) and I was hooked – after that one-time that I went w/ her I started going by myself on some weekends and it being a popular place there was often a line anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes long and people would often do a double-take at me being a clean-cut whiteboy by himself and often the only whitey in the place.

We Hispanics cook w/ a lot of flavor and why I thus appreciate and really enjoy black southern cooking - and they would serve huge portions that I could eat from 2 to 3 times.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Where I live, we have the only Chick Fil A Luau.

http://truettsluau.chick-fil-a.com/menu/
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    At the food court in the ATL airport, there's a soul food restaurant that us whities can eat at. Fried chicken, greens, mac & cheez, black eyed peas. Yum
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    When I was growing up in NY there were a bunch of soul food kitchens in Harlem the most popular back then was Sylvia's I remember the chicken and ribs as being delicious haven't been there in years but I know they're still around in Harlem.
  • IHearVoices
    9 years ago
    KFC buffets are pretty common in north Florida: we have at least two in Tallahassee. Haven't gone in some years, though: maybe 10. Hungry Howie's (pizza) used to have one too that I frequented often when I was in undergrad.

In general, it seems like buffets are more common up here than South Florida (where I'm from). The Ark, though; had the best buffet ever. So mad I only went once.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    ^ perhaps b/c Tallahassee has a large University w/ lots of broke and hungry students so KFC has the buffet to cater to them?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion